15 Sick Logos You Won't Believe

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Tomas

U.S. gives drop-dead treatment to tortured beauty

Post by Tomas »

U.S. gives drop-dead treatment to tortured beauty (see photos)

Woman, 23, persecuted for political views, but may be denied protection

Auxiliadora Martinez, a Nicaraguan political refugee, was beated with sticks, shot at,
nearly raped and almost murdered - all because she fought for free elections.

Nicaragua President Daniel Ortega has employed neighborhood committees called Citizens Power Councils,
or CPCs, used by his corrupt Sandinista party to spy on citizens, intimidate and torture them.

-many photos-

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=93690
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Re: Altered State - News

Post by Shahrazad »

Appalling story, Tomas. I wonder why the US officials are so set on not giving her asylum. Maybe they're racists.
Tomas

School offers pole dancing for parents

Post by Tomas »

School offers pole dancing for parents (see photo)

A primary school has started offering mothers of pupils lessons in
pole dancing, claiming it will help their children's grades.

Moms are invited to take part in the lessons where they are taught
to swing around on the pole and perform saucy poses.

Bring a whole new meaning to 'Parents evenings' (see photo)

http://newslite.tv/2009/02/12/school-of ... g-for.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex Jacob wrote:Don't get into my business, Tomas. Don't quote what other people think of what I write or what I do here. If you have something to say about it, say it. I don't give a flying, holy fuck what you think of me, my posts, or my links, jerk.

As to Obama's political affiliations and background, the fact is that many of us who are products of that era and the periods after it have all entertained different sorts of radical philosophy. I read George Jackson, Angela Davis and Eldridge Cleaver when I was a teenager, not to mention Malcolm X. Many people, though certainly not all, have read and considered the dissident positions, it is par for the course in most university settings. I have read very closely the main Liberation Theologians, Feminist discourse, Central and South American history and the praxis of US hegemony in the region, African liberation discourse, American Indian liberation discourse, Chomsky, Zinn, Ayers and Bernadette Dorn to boot. All of this stuff is as relevant and is essentially 'American'. It is a part of what has informed many of us, as well as the intelligentsia of this country.

It does not particularly disturb me that Obama is aware of this 'discourse', as a matter of fact I consider it a tremendous plus. If he understands these discourses, he will then understand how the dispossessed of this world feel, and the mixed feelings, the disturbed feelings, they have toward America. Even his Islamic connections do not disturb me, perhaps because I have read Palestinian resistance literature and grasp the discourse. Obama clearly represents a new mode of thinking, a new internationalism, and I sincerely feel that 'we' need to move forward with new discourses, more relevant discourses, discourses that are vitally connected to real people, and the world as it really is. McCain, as we can all see, represents merely a continuation of the old discourses and the typical way of doing things, seeing things.

We need to break the stranglehold that the pseudo-Religious Right has on the flow of ideas, and all these ideas need to come out in the open and be discussed publicly. The fact that there is so much resistence to allowing this, like on TeeVee and on talk shows, is evidence that America is a country of mental midgits and backwater hicks. Any of these ideas could be discussed and are discussed, say, on French talk shows. It is called intellectual freedom and represents intellectual vibrancy.

I do not isolate my spiritual sense---the word they use around here is 'enlightenment' and masculinity---from the affairs of the world, and what I think about the world, and what is happening in the world. This, right now, is our 'spiritual world', and our world is our 'spiritual world', and so I say to Dan (or Carl or anyone), if you don't like my ideas or attitude, then simply ban me, but don't yack about what I write or complain. Just hit the fucking ban button.

Can I make this any clearer?

(Now, there you have more substantial ideas presented in clear prose than---if you will permit me---you ever express in all your distorted writing, jack-ass.)
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Re:

Post by Carl G »

Tomas wrote:
Alex Jacob wrote:Don't get into my business, Tomas. Don't quote what other people think of what I write or what I do here. If you have something to say about it, say it. I don't give a flying, holy fuck what you think of me, my posts, or my links, jerk.

As to Obama's political affiliations and background, the fact is that many of us who are products of that era and the periods after it have all entertained different sorts of radical philosophy. I read George Jackson, Angela Davis and Eldridge Cleaver when I was a teenager, not to mention Malcolm X. Many people, though certainly not all, have read and considered the dissident positions, it is par for the course in most university settings. I have read very closely the main Liberation Theologians, Feminist discourse, Central and South American history and the praxis of US hegemony in the region, African liberation discourse, American Indian liberation discourse, Chomsky, Zinn, Ayers and Bernadette Dorn to boot. All of this stuff is as relevant and is essentially 'American'. It is a part of what has informed many of us, as well as the intelligentsia of this country.

It does not particularly disturb me that Obama is aware of this 'discourse', as a matter of fact I consider it a tremendous plus. If he understands these discourses, he will then understand how the dispossessed of this world feel, and the mixed feelings, the disturbed feelings, they have toward America. Even his Islamic connections do not disturb me, perhaps because I have read Palestinian resistance literature and grasp the discourse. Obama clearly represents a new mode of thinking, a new internationalism, and I sincerely feel that 'we' need to move forward with new discourses, more relevant discourses, discourses that are vitally connected to real people, and the world as it really is. McCain, as we can all see, represents merely a continuation of the old discourses and the typical way of doing things, seeing things.

We need to break the stranglehold that the pseudo-Religious Right has on the flow of ideas, and all these ideas need to come out in the open and be discussed publicly. The fact that there is so much resistence to allowing this, like on TeeVee and on talk shows, is evidence that America is a country of mental midgits and backwater hicks. Any of these ideas could be discussed and are discussed, say, on French talk shows. It is called intellectual freedom and represents intellectual vibrancy.

I do not isolate my spiritual sense---the word they use around here is 'enlightenment' and masculinity---from the affairs of the world, and what I think about the world, and what is happening in the world. This, right now, is our 'spiritual world', and our world is our 'spiritual world', and so I say to Dan (or Carl or anyone), if you don't like my ideas or attitude, then simply ban me, but don't yack about what I write or complain. Just hit the fucking ban button.

Can I make this any clearer?

(Now, there you have more substantial ideas presented in clear prose than---if you will permit me---you ever express in all your distorted writing, jack-ass.)
Tomas

The Night of the Long Knives

Post by Tomas »

The Night of the Long Knives

"...Everyone must know for all future time that if he raises
his hand to strike the State, then certain death is his fate."

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/t ... /roehm.htm
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Fascist Italy

Post by Tomas »

Fascist Italy

The Meaning of Fascism

http://www.thecorner.org/hist/total/f-italy.htm
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Airman spots aircraft fuel leak at 35,000 feet

Post by Tomas »

Airman spots fuel leak at 35,000 feet (see photo)

-snip-

Most of us hear stories of Airmen saving lives in combat, but an Airman who saves
the lives of more than 300 passengers is definitely a story worth hearing.

"She was completely serious and was no longer handing out drinks," he said.
"I told her you need to inform your captain before we go oceanic."

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123149266
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Bush/Cheney to Obama/Biden

Post by Tomas »

Bush/Cheney to Obama/Biden

-snips-

Now, just months into their tenure, the Barack Obama administration has more than fulfilled the murderous promises he made to his elite constituency, deepening the mass destruction of Bush/Cheney, while charming its victims all over the world into enjoying their own demise.

The signs were clear from the early days of the presidential contest that Obama was,
like every presidential candidate, a handpicked puppet.

For those who have spent the past eight hellish years opposing and resisting the crimes of Bush/Cheney, prepare yourself for worse: the "friendliest" fascism, and the most dangerous stealth messenger in history.

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish ... 4578.shtml
Last edited by Tomas on Thu May 28, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Bush cleans up after his dog

Post by Tomas »

George W. Bush cleaning up dog shit (see photo)

"And there I was, former president of the United States of America, with a plastic bag in my hand,"

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/05/bush-c ... er-his-dog
Don't run to your death
Tomas

NATO

Post by Tomas »

NATO:

Network Advancing Thugs Operations? (see image)

http://www.123realchange.blogspot.com
Don't run to your death
Tomas

The County Sheriff

Post by Tomas »

The County Sheriff: The Ultimate Check & Balance

Sheriff Richard Mack was the first sheriff in America to file against the Brady Bill.

http://constitutionallawenforcementassoc.blogspot.com
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

US offers $50M in rewards in drug war offensive

"NEW YORK – The Department of State offered up to $50 million Monday for information leading to the arrests of 10 top Mexican drug suspects accused of key roles in a violent organization estimated to have sold more than $1 billion worth of drugs in the United States."
Tomas

Border revealed

Post by Tomas »

Border Revealed

New Map Shows Fence Details

http://www.americanpatrol.com/09-FEATUR ... ature.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

You Are Who You Are by Default

Post by Tomas »

You Are Who You Are by Default

ScienceNews.org

-snip-

A neural network active when the brain is at rest may prove critical
to zoning out, a sense of self and envisioning the future

"You don't even have to be conscious for it to be apparent,"

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feature ... by_Default
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

THE FEDERAL RESERVE IS A PRIVATELY OWNED CORPORATION
FED OWNERSHIP REVEALED

* Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin
* Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
* Israel Moses Sieff Banks of Italy
* Warburg Bank of Hamburg, Germany and Amsterdam
* Kuhn Loeb Bank of New York
* Lehman Brothers Bank of New York
* Goldman Sachs Bank of New York
* Chase Manhattan Bank of New York (Controlled by the Rockefeller Family Tree)
CREATING FINANCIAL SLAVES

Taking the ability to create money out of the hands of government and into the hands of a few private bankers has three negative points: enslaving the public in a whirlwind of taxes, inflation, and debt payments.

The Fed System has forced the American government to borrow all money into existence. The private Fed just prints up Federal Reserve Notes and the government gives it bonds in return. Now, the government owes the private ownership of this corrupt central bank the face value of the bonds, plus interest.

This is a system where money is counterfeited (by the Fed) and then a debtor (American taxpayer) must pay that money back with interest.
Tomas

The myth of jurisdiction

Post by Tomas »

The myth of jurisdiction

From the July 2009 Idaho Observer

http://proliberty.com/observer/20090706.htm
Don't run to your death
Tomas

WHO recommends mandatory swine flu injections

Post by Tomas »

WHO recommends mandatory swine flu injections

http://www.naturalnews.com/026723_healt ... ystem.html
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Keep using Tamiflu, top doctor urges parents, as he admits children may suffer nightmares and nausea
The drug being used to fight swine flu can also produce stomach pain, diarrhoea and sleeping problems.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

A Dark Hole of Democracy: How the Fed Prints Money Out of Thin Air
Where did the central bank get all the money it is handing out? Basically, the Fed printed it, out of thin air. That is what central banks do. Who told the Fed governors they could do this? Nobody, really -- not Congress or the president. The Federal Reserve Board, alone among government agencies, does not submit its budgets to Congress for authorization and appropriation. It raises its own money, sets its own priorities.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The Latest Crop Circles

Some beauties so far in 2009!
Tomas

Which came first, the idea or the words for it?

Post by Tomas »

Which came first, the idea or the words for it?

A Stanford linguist's research suggests that language
shapes thought, rather than the other way around.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0812/p18s02-hfgn.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Scientists on the brink of creating computer with human brai

Post by Tomas »

Scientists on the brink of creating computer with human brain?

The Blue Brain project:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... brain.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Gerald Ford

Post by Tomas »

Gerald Ford

Warren Commission Kennedy Assassination Coverup

http://saveourwetlands.org/fordfreemason.html
Don't run to your death