Announcing "TheAbsolute TV"

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Rhett

Re: Announcing "TheAbsolute TV"

Post by Rhett »

Dan is right.

But that doesn't make your assessment of me right, prince.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Oh, I can quite confidently predict that a psychologist would diagnose you as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

prince wrote:Oh, I can quite confidently predict that a psychologist would diagnose you as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
I've been assessed numerous times already and none went anywhere near this conclusion. Its very wrong. Not a single characteristic matches.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Assessed why? What conclusion did they reach?
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Carl G wrote:Assessed why? What conclusion did they reach?
I was assessed in relation to government benefits. They never really came up with much. Type A came up once (Alpha), not surprising they would come up with that (narcissistic personality disorder is type B). Altruistic. Confrontational, but thats a complex one. I recall suggesting schizoid personality disorder to one of them, and i think it was picked up a bit, but up until recently i've actually had a very social life.

Overall they hardly said anything, partly because what i said was well outside of their experience and reading, and they didn't want to make a mistake and have me correct them. They mostly just listened. Some of their assessments were driven by their own complexes, for example one said i have poor concentration. Two of them were type A and they got angry at me. I have more information but haven't bothered reading it. It would be great if they came up with something interesting, but they don't.
Blair

Post by Blair »

They mostly just listened.
And were probably thinking to themselves, what a narcissistic twat.

Typically subjects with NPD think they are vastly superior in intellect to the one doing the assessing.

They also rarely, if ever acknowledge or even recognize that they have a disorder.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

prince wrote:Typically subjects with NPD think they are vastly superior in intellect to the one doing the assessing.
Sure, but there are other types of people that think they are vastly superior in intellect to the one doing the assessing, and some will be right.
They also rarely, if ever acknowledge or even recognize that they have a disorder.
What psychology considers healthy and unhealthy and what i consider healthy and unhealthy are vastly different states. I am very different to people, but unlike them am mostly healthy, despite being heavily attacked in life.

You're just making claims, you're not substantiating them.
Blair

Post by Blair »

what i said was well outside of their experience and reading

Two of them were type A and they got angry at me

I have more information but haven't bothered reading it

people that think they are vastly superior in intellect to the one doing the assessing, and some will be right.

What psychology considers healthy and unhealthy and what i consider healthy and unhealthy are vastly different states.

I am very different to people

but unlike them am mostly healthy, despite being heavily attacked in life.
I don't have to substantiate it, you are doing a spectacular job of that yourself.

You're a dink if you can't see it.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Came across the video on the Dawkins forum:

Does our reality even exist?
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Robert wrote:Came across the video on the Dawkins forum:

Does our reality even exist?
I got only 3 minutes of it which was enough for me, every single person there appears to be committing a crime which in a sane world would be punishable even onto death if not ceased. Its not cool to act as an authority on a subject one has not yet mastered, all you end up doing is misleading innocent others. And when the topic is ultimate reality and the health of people's minds theres not much worse that you could do.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Robert.
FOREIGNER
Robert

Post by Robert »

I think the video is only meant to stimulate thought, which on your terms is somehow a crime.

Strange that.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

prince wrote:

what i said was well outside of their experience and reading

Two of them were type A and they got angry at me

I have more information but haven't bothered reading it

people that think they are vastly superior in intellect to the one doing the assessing, and some will be right.

What psychology considers healthy and unhealthy and what i consider healthy and unhealthy are vastly different states.

I am very different to people

but unlike them am mostly healthy, despite being heavily attacked in life.
I don't have to substantiate it, you are doing a spectacular job of that yourself.

You're a dink if you can't see it.
What i've said is true, so it's not indicative of your accusation. What you are saying reads as a claim that people above the norm do not exist. They do exist.

In Australia "dink" means 'Double Income No Kids'. That's not me either.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Robert wrote:I think the video is only meant to stimulate thought, which on your terms is somehow a crime.

Strange that.
I was not so much as speaking to the video or even to the speakers' effect in masse, rather to the seperate individuals whom i conceive of having misled and mistaught many valuable minds over the years put into their care, acting as they do as authorities on the subject.

ok?
FOREIGNER
Robert

Post by Robert »

Foreigner wrote:I was not so much as speaking to the video or even to the speakers' effect in masse, rather to the seperate individuals whom i conceive of having misled and mistaught many valuable minds over the years put into their care, acting as they do as authorities on the subject.
If you mean the exploitation of ignorance (like religion and it's leaders) and that the video (or those in the video) may somehow be attempting to open the door to an argument for the existence of some God-like figure being at the source of our reality (like the TAG), then yes, I see what you mean.

I'm not sure if that's what the intention is, mind you. I think it's just a mish-mash of concepts that someone has tried to tie together in a 'Zeitgeist The Movie' or 'What The Bleep' style in an attempt to make it compelling to the typical youtuber.

Do you have any particular points or conceptions raised in the video that you want to talk about?
Blair

Post by Blair »

What i've said is true, so it's not indicative of your accusation. What you are saying reads as a claim that people above the norm do not exist. They do exist..
The manner in which you express yourself indicates that you are just not a mature human being yet, Rhett. Whatever special, or extraordinary attributes a person has can only be ever be evaluated, and indeed measured by others. What you think of yourself is of no consequence, except it holds you in a self-indulgent, narcissistic circular pattern that will breed misanthropy.

In Australia "dink" means 'Double Income No Kids'. That's not me either.
Right, it means you're a twit, but you might grow up at some stage and cease to be one.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

R: What i've said is true, so it's not indicative of your accusation. What you are saying reads as a claim that people above the norm do not exist. They do exist..

Prince: The manner in which you express yourself indicates that you are just not a mature human being yet, Rhett. Whatever special, or extraordinary attributes a person has can only be ever be evaluated, and indeed measured by others. What you think of yourself is of no consequence, except it holds you in a self-indulgent, narcissistic circular pattern that will breed misanthropy.
I disagree. Other people know next to nothing about me, but i know heaps. People can and do judge themselves accurately.

R: In Australia "dink" means 'Double Income No Kids'. That's not me either.

Prince: Right, it means you're a twit, but you might grow up at some stage and cease to be one.
You're displaying elements of Narcissitic Personality Disorder Prince, and rather than facing up to it and judging yourself accurately, you're projecting it onto me.

Another word for "projection" is 'transference'; the former is more used by psychologists, the latter more so by councellors. I suggest you see one of them, if you aren't already?
Blair

Post by Blair »

Rhett wrote:I disagree. Other people know next to nothing about me, but i know heaps.
careful rhett, your NPD is showing.

Glaring.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

A good video with a nice, clear message. However, it doesn't play properly on my system, particularly when you are talking to the camera. I don't know if anyone else has that problem.

Also, the commentary section shows just how poor a format it is for discussion purposes. It's very confusing.

-
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Yeah, it sounds fine, but it seems your webcam's cycling at a slower rate than true-to life speed, resulting in lagged video-to-sound and less fluid footage than we're accustomed to seeing.

Good message, though, clear presentation.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

David Quinn wrote:A good video with a nice, clear message. However, it doesn't play properly on my system, particularly when you are talking to the camera. I don't know if anyone else has that problem.
Kev's webcam wasn't producing the frame rate it should have been, especially given what he paid for it.
Also, the commentary section shows just how poor a format it is for discussion purposes. It's very confusing.
Yeah, Youtube's comment section is pretty awful, but then they would likely argue it isn't designed for discussion, as such. It helps if you hit the "view all ## comments" link at the bottom. It gives you the comments in a better format, sort of.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

prince wrote:
Rhett wrote:I disagree. Other people know next to nothing about me, but i know heaps.
careful rhett, your NPD is showing.

Glaring.
I don't agree. I am around 100% of the time (of my existence), yet others are around less than 5% of it (since my childhood anyway).
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Another good video, Kevin, but is it possible to increase the refresh rate of your camera to get closer to true to life speeds?

It's somewhat distracting- it almost gives more credence to the fat-toothed guy in the brown robe. There ought to be some way to get a cleaner feed, the only reason I can think for such a slow refresh rate would be in the interest of not bogging down a live chat, but in recording directly to a hard drive I would see no reason for it to be that slow, but of course it probably wasn't manufactured for that purpose.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

BMcGilly07 wrote:It's somewhat distracting.
I've been using a mid-range webcam, but I think it's not good enough.

I'll experiment using my normal digital camera combined with a separate microphone - but geez, it's getting complicated!
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Ok, I've worked out that I get much better frame rates from my webcam if I improve the lighting conditions.