Crazy Americans with Guns

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tomas

SWAT RAIDS OHIO FARM STEALS FOOD

Post by Tomas »

SWAT RAIDS OHIO FARM STEALS FOOD

-snips-

The Stowers Family has run a very large, well-known food cooperative called Manna Storehouse on the west side of greater Cleveland area for many years.

At some point, the "bad cop" SWAT team was relieved by another team, a "good cop" team that tried to befriend the family...

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/08/swat-team.htm
Don't run to your death
vicdan

Re: Crazy Americans with Guns

Post by vicdan »

deathnotewithurname wrote:the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that it is not a city's police force's responsibility to protect the citizens.
Not quite. The courts ruled that the police have no obligation to protect individual citizens; rather, their job is to protect citizens collectively. So if you call 911 and the cops arrive too late, you are SOL.
Forethought Venus Wednesday
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

This may not specifically have to do with crazy Americans and their guns, but it does have to do with the police.

Lately, I have been noticing an irritating thing the local police have been doing, specifically the big, fat Chief of Police in my little borough outside Philadelphia.

The police have traditionally established their speed traps near the local junior high school in one of two or three places. It's along a two-lane road behind the school and the possible hiding places are limited.

Recently, the bloated police chief has taken to staking himself in an unmarked car - which is no big deal - but he sits and waits in people's driveways.

This pisses me off royally. I do not care if the owner of the property has given permission or not. I was always under the impression that it is illegal for cops to sit in private driveways. It constitutes the private harboring of militia in peacetime and is to my knowledge against the law. You should not have to pay a ticket if a cop ambushes you in this manner.

People either do not know their rights or the police routinely flout them. For instance, a friend of mine once complained that she had to pay a ticket for running a stop sign in the supermarket parking lot. A cop just happened to be there and gave her the citation. This blew me away. Cops cannot issue citations on private property. They can respond to calls, but they cannot by law enforce traffic devices anywhere but on public grounds. So my friend, not knowing this, just paid it.

This makes me see red. It irritates me like when I see a person receiving a ticket on the far side of an intersection - probably for running the yellow or just hitting the red - and that person is surrounded by three or four police cruisers with their lights flashing. It's enough manpower to bring down Al Capone. It's intimidation, pure and simple. The local cops have nothing better to do. It makes me want to start a crime wave to make them earn their keep.
mystex

Post by mystex »

Pathetic
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

mystex wrote:Pathetic
It sure is.
mystex

Post by mystex »

Precisely, why go after the little things, when you can go after the big things OR the source of the problem! My dad got a speeding ticket for going 10 miles above the limit... Others were going even faster, but for some reason they selected my dad... Maybe the type or color of the car pissed them off! (lol)
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

mystex wrote:Precisely, why go after the little things, when you can go after the big things OR the source of the problem! My dad got a speeding ticket for going 10 miles above the limit... Others were going even faster, but for some reason they selected my dad... Maybe the type or color of the car pissed them off! (lol)
Well, mystex, your dad should know that when many drivers are breaking the speed limit at the same time, the police officer is going to flag the slowest among them, since that driver is the easiest to corral.
mystex

Post by mystex »

:)!
Tomas

Big Brother's new target: Tracking of ALL firearms

Post by Tomas »

Big Brother's new target: Tracking of ALL firearms

-snip-

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., is hoping to pass a Blair Holt's firearm-licensing bill that will significantly rewrite gin-ownership laws in America.
Columnist David Codrea of Guns magazine, however, calls it a "ridiculous affront to liberty." (see photo)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=86039
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Bill would pull plug on reloading

Post by Tomas »

Bill would pull plug on reloading

Reloading ammunition in Pennsylvania may become a thing of the past if a bill currently in state legislature is passed.

http://www.standard-journal.com/article ... 601856.txt
Don't run to your death
DHodges

Re: Bill would pull plug on reloading

Post by DHodges »

Tomas wrote:Bill would pull plug on reloading
I think that's pretty unlikely, but if you have guns, it makes sense to have a decent stash of ammo as well.
Tomas

The Back Door to Gun Control

Post by Tomas »

Shortly before leaving office, President Bush managed to stick it to Americans one more time by signing into law a dangerous measure that makes it tougher for people to exercise their second Amendment rights without fear of being tracked or monitored.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/g ... l_165.html
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: The Back Door to Gun Control

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Tomas wrote:.

Shortly before leaving office, President Bush managed to stick it to Americans one more time by signing into law a dangerous measure that makes it tougher for people to exercise their second Amendment rights without fear of being tracked or monitored.

and must prove themselves innocent before they can own a firearm. Worse still, according to the bill, a “thought crime” conviction could even threaten your right to purchase or own a firearm.
What is a thought crime? It's illegal to think now?
Tomas

Re: The Back Door to Gun Control

Post by Tomas »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Tomas wrote:.

and must prove themselves innocent before they can own a firearm. Worse still, according to the bill, a “thought crime” conviction could even threaten your right to purchase or own a firearm.
What is a thought crime? It's illegal to think now?
Sure. What begins as an exercise in the brain ends as a congenital defect. Best to run to the local clergyman first. They're empowered -via 501(c)3- to sanitize (sanctify) the energy source and properly channel it to a more constructive use. Don't spend money on weapons of war... give, tithe, contribute to the offering plate and receive a deduction on your federal taxes. A thought crime is a terrible thing to ...

Edited for spelling There = They're
Last edited by Tomas on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Millions of Guns, Two Murders (both stabbing victims!)

Post by Tomas »

North Dakota: Milions of Guns, Two Murders (both stabbing victims!)

No shooting victims in North Dakota last year? But how is this possible in a state where over 50% of the population owns at least one gun?

http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.co ... s-two.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Video: Grassroots Group Fights For More Gun Rights

Post by Tomas »

Video: Grassroots Group Fights For More Gun Rights

You don't see this kind of reporting in the liberal drive-by media. Worth watching.

-many videos-

http://transsylvaniaphoenix.blogspot.co ... -more.html
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Gun control a gray area between McCain, Obama

-snippets-

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is not only a gun owner and an NRA member, but a proud hunter who is unapologetic about supporting aerial wolf hunting.

From there, things get kind of gray.

Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, favors gun control but is a gun owner himself-he has three shotguns.

Referring to Obama, Biden recently told a Virginia audience, "He tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem."

Neither McCain nor Obama owns a gun.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... 1&catnum=3

Post by DHodges »

Carl G wrote:Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, favors gun control but is a gun owner himself-he has three shotguns.
Carl, your link is broken.

I am surprised to hear that Biden owns guns, since he has had a consistently anti-gun stance.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The article is also available here:

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2008/10/1 ... cain-obama
Tomas

Gun trial Witness: Feds out for 'vengeance'

Post by Tomas »

Gun trial witness: Feds out for 'vengeance'

-snips-

The dispute stems from Savage's testimony during a Wisconsin gun dispute. There a man loaned out a gun, it fired several shots at one time at a gun range, and the federal government prosecuted him for transferring a "machine gun."

Savage's testimony contradicted government opinions that the gun was, in fact, a machine gun, because the type of rifle was known to have a problem with misfiring. The defendant, David Olofson, nonetheless, was convicted and his case is on appeal.

Photographs show how government agents "converted" a gun part into a machine gun while testing it (see photos)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/indes.php? ... geId=87535
Don't run to your death
DHodges

Re: Gun trial Witness: Feds out for 'vengeance'

Post by DHodges »

Tomas wrote:Savage's testimony contradicted government opinions that the gun was, in fact, a machine gun, because the type of rifle was known to have a problem with misfiring. The defendant, David Olofson, nonetheless, was convicted and his case is on appeal.
Not sure if it's the same case or a very similar one, but Savage appears in the JPFO film The Gang along with footage at the range and showing clearly that it was a malfunction and the BATFE was incompetent at best.

Along with a long list of other cases, it is clear that the BATFE is a bunch of thugs. The whole agency should not even exist.
Tomas

Re: Gun trial Witness: Feds out for 'vengeance'

Post by Tomas »

DHodges wrote:
Tomas wrote:Savage's testimony contradicted government opinions that the gun was, in fact, a machine gun, because the type of rifle was known to have a problem with misfiring. The defendant, David Olofson, nonetheless, was convicted and his case is on appeal.
Not sure if it's the same case or a very similar one, but Savage appears in the JPFO film The Gang along with footage at the range and showing clearly that it was a malfunction and the BATFE was incompetent at best.

Along with a long list of other cases, it is clear that the BATFE is a bunch of thugs. The whole agency should not even exist.
Thanks for the link, I'll order the movie.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Million Gun Owner March - Spring, 2010

Post by Tomas »

Million Gun Owner March

Million Gun Owner March (MGOM) is a grass-roots effort to organize second amendment
supporters from across the nation in a march in Washington, D.C. in the Spring of 2010.

http://milliongunownermarch.com
Don't run to your death
DHodges

Re: Million Gun Owner March - Spring, 2010

Post by DHodges »

Tomas wrote:Million Gun Owner March
I'm really not sure that's such a good idea. I think it presents the image of gun owners as a mob. If there was the slightest bit of violence, it would be all over the news. And I don't think e.g. the Brady Bunch are above trying to provoke it.
Tomas

Re: Million Gun Owner March - Spring, 2010

Post by Tomas »

DHodges wrote:
Tomas wrote:Million Gun Owner March
I'm really not sure that's such a good idea. I think it presents the image of gun owners as a mob. If there was the slightest bit of violence, it would be all over the news. And I don't think e.g. the Brady Bunch are above trying to provoke it.
I'm going.

If nothing else it'll put Our Glorious Leader on notice.

PS - Hope for martial law, then it won't be a good idea to attend.
Don't run to your death