Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void ?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sue hindmarsh

Re: Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void

Post by sue hindmarsh »

jupiviv wrote:
Did I? I think you will find that I described the nature of things, which are *parts* of the truth. You could now say that the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of. But even this isn't really a description of truth, since it doesn't say anything about truth other than that it has all finite things as its parts.
Yes I said in the post that that was the nature of truth. But it wasn't a *description* of truth but of finite things. There cannot be a special description/definition of truth, since it is not a finite thing. Rather, any description of finite things is necessarily also a description of truth.
To conclude that ‘things’ are “parts of the truth” you must know what the truth is - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to distinguish if things had anything to do with it.

For something to be considered a part of something it must share certain characteristics and qualities. I can describe a cup as being a ‘cup’ because it shares with other cups defining features. You say that things are “parts of truth”; therefore there must be something about truth that made you look at things and recognize that they were parts of it.

This then brings into question the need you feel to wrap up truth in a veil of mystery by saying, “There cannot be a special description/definition of truth”. In your mind this truth exists and by it you judge things to be parts of it – meaning that you can indeed describe and define this truth and why things lend themselves to be part of it.

Jupiviv, do you have a direct relationship with the truth?
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

sue hindmarsh wrote:To conclude that ‘things’ are “parts of the truth” you must know what the truth is - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to distinguish if things had anything to do with it.

That would be true if truth were a finite thing.
For something to be considered a part of something it must share certain characteristics and qualities. I can describe a cup as being a ‘cup’ because it shares with other cups defining features. You say that things are “parts of truth”; therefore there must be something about truth that made you look at things and recognize that they were parts of it.
I've already defined truth as everything that exists. Sharing some qualities with truth would imply that both finite things and the truth have some mutually exclusive qualities, but that is not possible, since the truth is not more than the sum total of all finite things(and vice versa.)
This then brings into question the need you feel to wrap up truth in a veil of mystery by saying, “There cannot be a special description/definition of truth”. In your mind this truth exists and by it you judge things to be parts of it – meaning that you can indeed describe and define this truth and why things lend themselves to be part of it.
There is no mystery. By "special" I meant specific. There is no specific definition of truth, but all definitions are definitions of truth.
Jupiviv, do you have a direct relationship with the truth?
How could I not?
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

sue hindmarsh wrote:Cathy,

Who is the royal "we" you speak of?

Do you eat?

Would you come to the aid of a child being molested by a sexual predator?

Would you please include in your post your address and phone number so that I can send it over to sexual predator.com, or to looking for juicy females.com?
1. ok I, although I did have crabs once

2. sure

3. I am can't say for sure what I'd do

4. I'm no longer juicy

The idea that you can change the world with logic and reason is as ridiculous as New Agers saying they will change the world with love.
#
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

sue hindmarsh wrote: Men are “contaminated” by woman from a very early age. First he craves his mother’s love and attention, and then when he has grown up he looks to replace those same emotional pleasures through relationships with other women. It is therefore a natural thing to want to be involved with women, and if you are young and still developing your mind a relationship with a woman can be useful – even if it is only to experience suffering on a deeper scale.
Haha. Great stuff.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Cathy wrote:
There is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. We rise above the desire for any human conditions. We don't just give lip service to the idea that the world is perfect we realize it is. I am subject (masculine), I am object (feminine), I am neither (the ALL)

---

The idea that you can change the world with logic and reason is as ridiculous as New Agers saying they will change the world with love.
You’re basically saying that change and perfection are incompatible, which of course isn’t true. You showed that you also believe that to be the case when you replied to my question of whether you ate, saying that you do. It's also made evident by your writing on this forum, imparting information that you believe may have an effect on other people’s ideas and actions.

You therefore do believe change is not only possible, but inevitable.

The Buddha believed that all is perfect, and yet he desired change. He wanted ignorance to be obliterated, which is why he taught others about truth.

---

Also, your view that the use of logic and reason to change the world “is ridiculous” is plainly not true, for you are using a computer which arose out of logic and reason – and computers definitely have changed the world.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

#
Individual's are definitely worth effort, the world is like a perfectly wound up clock, tick, tock until its not.

Change occurs in individual's, I see no evidence of spiritual evolution in the world, I'm not at all convinced enlightened consciousness has anything but a minor impact on the world.

I can't say what the Buddha wanted, he definitely made a heroic effort at eradicating ignorance, but who knows if he expected to change the world.

The world certainly seems to evolve in some areas, which only emphasizes its lack of spiritual evolution. I do agree computers and access to the Internet are important changes for the individual, yet as a side effect spirituality itself has become extremely watered down, people join groups to get enlightened together and are told it has no purpose other than we're just all one and equal and let's all be happy, as they sport their Victoria secret yoga pants. Desire isn't even addressed, and if you do encounter a problem just go to your happy place. Is it just me or does there seem to be an explosion of this sort lately. Desire is a potent cause in the world, lack of it not so much.
#