Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void ?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
jupiviv

Re: Anxiety in males due to contamination by the female void

Post by jupiviv »

sue hindmarsh wrote:For something to be considered true it has to be consistent with Truth (A=A).
A=A is not Truth(the All) itself, but rather how Truth necessarily appears to a conscious mind.
You've already proved that you know the monitor is as you describe it to be, for you've responded to me by using it.

How do you know that I've responded to you by using the monitor? That is itself an appearance. Any proof you point to that may establish a fact is itself an appearance, just as the fact is an appearance. We cannot go beyond appearances, so we cannot prove or "determine" that they are real/true. Whatever method we utilise to do so would itself be an appearance. You cannot prove that A=A.

However, we can believe with absolute certainty that all appearances are real in that they are all part of reality.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Jupiviv wrote:
sue hindmarsh wrote:
For something to be considered true it has to be consistent with Truth (A=A).
A=A is not Truth(the All) itself, but rather how Truth necessarily appears to a conscious mind.
Are you stating the truth, or is it only the appearance of truth?
You've already proved that you know the monitor is as you describe it to be, for you've responded to me by using it.
How do you know that I've responded to you by using the monitor? That is itself an appearance. Any proof you point to that may establish a fact is itself an appearance, just as the fact is an appearance. We cannot go beyond appearances, so we cannot prove or "determine" that they are real/true. Whatever method we utilise to do so would itself be an appearance. You cannot prove that A=A.
Once again, are you stating the truth, or is it only the appearance of truth?
However, we can believe with absolute certainty that all appearances are real in that they are all part of reality.
Hang on! All along you’ve been saying we can’t know if something is true with any certainty and that it comes down to having belief, and now you say we can know something with “absolute certainty”. So what is it to be? Has our whole conversation been a farce? If so, I don't have time for games.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Karius wrote:
There are lots of stuff out there explaining that reason has limitation and that it fails to comprehend reality.
Yes, but that mostly comes from people who are too afraid to even begin to think about anything – especially what is real.
We tend to oppose intellect/reason to emotions /impulse while emotions tend to amplify any abstract idea.
The emotions are most popular amongst the herd, as it is through the emotions they gain their greatest happiness. If you’re an individual (even ever so slightly) life live through the emotions is simply not enough. It is rationality that allows you to flourish both intellectually and spiritually – and imaginatively, because of the greater range of thought a person has at their command.
I mean I don't think humans will act or progress only based on empty words/ideas/principles/codes/rules...... those principles should have some resonance to push us to move.....
I agree. Religions, academic philosophy and science all operate on “empty words/ideas/principles/codes/rules” – and our animal nature remains mostly intact. To progress at all you need to have a strong attachment to wanting to understand what is real.
but what about instincts ?
We’re an animal, so instinct is part of us, but we more importantly have consciousness and with it we can override those instinctual urges that aren’t necessary or advantageous for our development towards greater rationality.
For instance if we consider male with inbuilt resistance and that in modern society males have to take shyte to merge with society ( society = book of women) any form of verbal agression, mockery, provocation he will have to internalize it wich result in self destruction because anger, frustation, abuse is taken inwardly......which push men to become feminized ( women with their tendencies to surender do well in society) and let go of their inbuild resistance...
Without this inner tendency to resist they naturally get contaminated.
Yes, it’s true that men take a lot of shit from women – shit that they’d never take from other men. They’ll take the girlfriend’s moods swings: “I love you / I hate you / I love...” or the wife’s nagging: “Don’t ask me where your keys are, you’re a grown man, you should...” - but they'll take all this shit because women give them the emotional hits they crave. And all that anger and frustration they experience isn’t because they don’t want to be involved with woman, quite the opposite, they suffer because they know (even if it is only intuitively) that they can't live without woman.
But to not get contaminated we must locate where is the truth .
Isolation has been proposed.
Men are “contaminated” by woman from a very early age. First he craves his mother’s love and attention, and then when he has grown up he looks to replace those same emotional pleasures through relationships with other women. It is therefore a natural thing to want to be involved with women, and if you are young and still developing your mind a relationship with a woman can be useful – even if it is only to experience suffering on a deeper scale.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

sue hindmarsh wrote:
jupiviv wrote:A=A is not Truth(the All) itself, but rather how Truth necessarily appears to a conscious mind.

Both and neither. Both in the sense that an appearance is a part of the truth, and the thing that the appearance is of is also a part of the truth. Neither in the sense that the truth, not being a finite thing, cannot be described either directly or as an appearance.
Hang on! All along you’ve been saying we can’t know if something is true with any certainty and that it comes down to having belief, and now you say we can know something with “absolute certainty”.

Firstly I didn't say we can't certainly know that something is true, but that ultimately we can't know *why* it is true(either certainly or uncertainly).

Secondly, I said we can *believe* with absolute certainty that all things are part of reality, not know. You are defining knowledge as truth that can be proven or determined. But you can't prove/determine whether a thing is a part of reality can you?
Edevil

Post by Edevil »

The word "Ghetto" means, "You" and "I"
Edevil

Post by Edevil »

The male hormone is, therefore genocide.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

There is a misconception with your idea of "feminism", where masculinity is to be comprehended as the properties of reason, calculation, domination, "femininity" is to be comprehended as the manifestation of the properties of emotion, sensation, art, beauty.. An anxiety in a guy would be the result of their inability to project their masculinity onto women;; this only means they need to work on improving what makes them more attractive;; confidence, clothes, taking care of the body, etc... If you agree with the idea that we must initiate into the negation of life, hence you would take sex as "contamination" in males, then I have no need for further explanation. Any negation of life, no matter what criteria might it be coming from, is still negation, which holds as an anti-thesis to life and therefore, SEX and interactions with women is not to be understood as "contamination". SEX and WOMEN ARE WHAT BROUGHT U TO LIFE!! HOW CAN ONE GET "CONTAMINATED" BY THAT WHICH HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LIVE???!!
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Dionysus wrote:
There is a misconception with your idea of "feminism", where masculinity is to be comprehended as the properties of reason, calculation, domination, "femininity" is to be comprehended as the manifestation of the properties of emotion, sensation, art, beauty..
What are your reasons for considering it a "misconception"?
An anxiety in a guy would be the result of their inability to project their masculinity onto women;; this only means they need to work on improving what makes them more attractive;; confidence, clothes, taking care of the body, etc...
Yes, men's need to be accepted by woman does cause them great anxiety. Depending on the fashion or the culture, men will go to great lengths to appeal to the woman’s taste: they’ll shave their faces and other parts of their bodies, wear tattoos, jewellery, and hairdos; they’ll work in soul destroying jobs their whole lives to earn money to keep a woman; they’ll go shopping with them, they’ll cry, they’ll fight for a woman, they’ll want children...

Yes, a man who needs a woman is truly mentally ill.
If you agree with the idea that we must initiate into the negation of life, hence you would take sex as "contamination" in males, then I have no need for further explanation. Any negation of life, no matter what criteria might it be coming from, is still negation, which holds as an anti-thesis to life and therefore, SEX and interactions with women is not to be understood as "contamination".
The emotional pleasures that sex provides help bond people together. ‘Bonding’ is what most people consider life is all about, and they spend their whole lives trying to do just that. These people are easy to spot: they’re the ones running around like their heads are on fire trying to find acceptance and love -- which accounts for just about everyone on the planet.

Would you call THAT behaviour the affirmation of life?
SEX and WOMEN ARE WHAT BROUGHT U TO LIFE!! HOW CAN ONE GET "CONTAMINATED" BY THAT WHICH HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LIVE???!!
People don't only have sex to make babies.
Karius

Post by Karius »

Dionysus
It wasn' t what I was trying to talk about actually it was a reference of what dave sim call "the female void".
This society revolve around women (entairtenment, fashion, most of stuff that are sold whetver it is target mainly women cose they like to collect stuff, love songs, movies contain element pleasing to females like Rocky balboa going throught extreme harship for adrienne......it is everywhere...
It put women in position of "lady" or "godess"...they like it

It start very early with the influence of the mother and her subtle injuctions :" a man take care of her woman...." which is a way to say " a man should serve the woman"

Again the woman as goddess and men as slave is suggested everywhere.....

I am not talking about how to attract women or anxiety due to that....

Look at fight club the protagonist realize that and decide to form a fight club an "only men" group as a way to reclaim his masculinity.

I think they are the queen bee and men living in this society have their mind corrupted.....after a while there is a part of the male mind that function like women' s because he put himself at the service of something which may have to do with women most of the time...

Also women have been portrayed as energy sucker or energy vampires and by the way even on the psycho biological level there are studies showing that bonding with women tend produce certain chemical that slow men down
Having kids and seeing the woman pregnant and having kids also produce this effect.
Of course the man find some reward and benefit in being a husband or a father but he longs to be free.

I am talking about the environment, the paradigm of modern society that annihilate masculinity by an androgynising suicide.

The fact that I am born because of sex means that my father got trapped.

I have to thank Sue for her work and her comment that helps me to see the whole thing and to be honest there is still difficulty to accept all that. It is difficult to move beyond what we are.

I mean the whole thing about female beauty and the great relieving pleasure of sex work so well that one can smell trap......it is all powerfully well designed and for a particular purpose : the replication and survival of human species

It has been said by Otto weininger that women are wholly sexual and that men are partly sexual which means that romantic love and sex is the whole life of females while it is only one chapter in men' s

My concern is that it could be debilitating for male to supress women from his world because seeking females could be a way to seek relief from masculinity...see men as fire and women water

Also if you digg a bit you ll see that a lot of the time when men get screwed there is a female in the picture ....would it be the influence of mum, wife , feminist brainwashing or in his pursuits which I believe unconsciusly has to do with female even thought he doesn't know about it , he thinks he is doing this and that for himself and yet the unsconsious drive is linked to females ......

Rabbit hole
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

jupiviv wrote:

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:

jupiviv:
Both and neither. Both in the sense that an appearance is a part of the truth, and the thing that the appearance is of is also a part of the truth. Neither in the sense that the truth, not being a finite thing, cannot be described either directly or as an appearance.
And yet you have just described the nature of truth as you understand it.
jupiviv:

Sue:
Hang on! All along you’ve been saying we can’t know if something is true with any certainty and that it comes down to having belief, and now you say we can know something with “absolute certainty”.

jupiviv:
Firstly I didn't say we can't certainly know that something is true, but that ultimately we can't know *why* it is true(either certainly or uncertainly).
How is it that you "can't know *why*”? You’ve concluded that truth is something. You would have mulled over the many facts at your disposal to come to that conclusion. After all that hard work I cannot believe you want to throw it all away by reducing your truth to just an article of faith.
jupiviv:
Secondly, I said we can *believe* with absolute certainty that all things are part of reality, not know. You are defining knowledge as truth that can be proven or determined. But you can't prove/determine whether a thing is a part of reality can you?
Yet that is exactly what you have done by concluding that “all things are part of reality”.

Surely your idea didn't just fall out of the sky. You must have considered what ‘a thing is’, and what ‘part of reality’ means and looked for the consequences of those meanings -- correct? What is stopping you from being confident with your conclusion?
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

Dionysus wrote:There is a misconception with your idea of "feminism", where masculinity is to be comprehended as the properties of reason, calculation, domination, "femininity" is to be comprehended as the manifestation of the properties of emotion, sensation, art, beauty.. An anxiety in a guy would be the result of their inability to project their masculinity onto women;; this only means they need to work on improving what makes them more attractive;; confidence, clothes, taking care of the body, etc... If you agree with the idea that we must initiate into the negation of life, hence you would take sex as "contamination" in males, then I have no need for further explanation. Any negation of life, no matter what criteria might it be coming from, is still negation, which holds as an anti-thesis to life and therefore, SEX and interactions with women is not to be understood as "contaminationet ". SEX and WOMEN ARE WHAT BROUGHT U TO LIFE!! HOW CAN ONE GET "CONTAMINATED" BY THAT WHICH HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO LIVE???!!
The ego is the negation of life, woman propagates ego without responsibility of it, seeing this insanity is what drives man to go beyond ego. As the mother of ego, woman is the catalyst for change, while at the time trapped because she has no ego to go beyond. She goes on doing what she does, it's up to man to realize the folly of this and go beyond it. It's men own mistaken idea of equality that holds them back, thinking that women will catch up, but she never will because she can't, she is fulfilling her purpose.

What we have to remember is that everything exists only conditionally, therefore women do not absolutely exist, and neither does man.
Pam Seeback

Keeping it simple

Post by Pam Seeback »

Reasoning at its highest point of breakthrough shows us that the map, names, is not the territory, awareness. Knowing this, one releases attachment to the map and rests in the territory. Names are still used, but they are free of the cause of attachment to the map, desire [emotions].
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Cathy Preston wrote: The ego is the negation of life, woman propagates ego without responsibility of it, seeing this insanity is what drives man to go beyond ego. As the mother of ego, woman is the catalyst for change, while at the time trapped because she has no ego to go beyond. She goes on doing what she does, it's up to man to realize the folly of this and go beyond it. It's men own mistaken idea of equality that holds them back, thinking that women will catch up, but she never will because she can't, she is fulfilling her purpose.

What we have to remember is that everything exists only conditionally, therefore women do not absolutely exist, and neither does man.
Very good Cathy.
Don't run to your death
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

sue hindmarsh wrote:
jupiviv wrote:Both and neither. Both in the sense that an appearance is a part of the truth, and the thing that the appearance is of is also a part of the truth. Neither in the sense that the truth, not being a finite thing, cannot be described either directly or as an appearance.
Did I? I think you will find that I described the nature of things, which are *parts* of the truth. You could now say that the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of. But even this isn't really a description of truth, since it doesn't say anything about truth other than that it has all finite things as its parts.
How is it that you "can't know *why*”? You’ve concluded that truth is something. You would have mulled over the many facts at your disposal to come to that conclusion. After all that hard work I cannot believe you want to throw it all away by reducing your truth to just an article of faith.
To know why something is true, I have to prove that the thing is itself. How would one go about doing this? In proving that the thing is itself(A=A), I would be making use of that very proposition. Hence, I would be committing a fraud! Similarly, in trying to disprove that a thing is itself.

The proofs of a thing's existence/non-existence don't tell us why it exists, but merely point to its existence, by existing or not existing themselves. A thing's existence can only be *elaborated*. Also, I'm not throwing the proofs away, but merely seeing them for what they are.
Yet that is exactly what you have done by concluding that “all things are part of reality”.

Surely your idea didn't just fall out of the sky. You must have considered what ‘a thing is’, and what ‘part of reality’ means and looked for the consequences of those meanings -- correct? What is stopping you from being confident with your conclusion?
If "reality" is defined as "everything that exists", then there is no way you can prove/determine whether a thing is part of reality. To do so you would have to stand outside reality. You cannot do this, since you are yourself a part of reality.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Pam,
Knowing this, one releases attachment to the map and rests in the territory.
Awareness and territory are still conditions.
The creative principal (God, Brahma, Allah, whatever) is the only free cause.

How so rest?
waiting, waiting?
infinite patience?

What's the mood that's not forced?

I used to read the phrase 'infinite patience' in books, as in a passing that never caught the eye.
this led to this and that led to that and suddenly the full import of the phrase arrived as an event or immersion.
I 'saw' it and laughter broke thru',
an experiencing of 'suffering evaporated' and light streamed in.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

jupiviv wrote:
sue hindmarsh wrote:
jupiviv wrote:Both and neither. Both in the sense that an appearance is a part of the truth, and the thing that the appearance is of is also a part of the truth. Neither in the sense that the truth, not being a finite thing, cannot be described either directly or as an appearance.
Did I? I think you will find that I described the nature of things, which are *parts* of the truth. You could now say that the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of. But even this isn't really a description of truth, since it doesn't say anything about truth other than that it has all finite things as its parts.
To know why something is true, I have to prove that the thing is itself. How would one go about doing this? In proving that the thing is itself(A=A), I would be making use of that very proposition. Hence, I would be committing a fraud! Similarly, in trying to disprove that a thing is itself.

The proofs of a thing's existence/non-existence don't tell us why it exists, but merely point to its existence, by existing or not existing themselves. A thing's existence can only be *elaborated*. Also, I'm not throwing the proofs away, but merely seeing them for what they are.

If "reality" is defined as "everything that exists", then there is no way you can prove/determine whether a thing is part of reality. To do so you would have to stand outside reality. You cannot do this, since you are yourself a part of reality.
Quite. How would you express this formally in ultra high definition? How does this idea fit, so it explains it's self.
unbound
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

$
You can conceive of a thing that exists outside reality in theory only, for as soon as the conception arises it (the idea) is part of reality. What is your definition of thing? An appearance of an appearance points to confusion. An appearance of a tree occurs as an idea of a tree, or as a physical tree. Reality has no inner and outer. Truth (the All) must be reasoned and because its beyond measure as you say, yet you seem to think that an appearance in the mind must be proven by the appearance in the physical, and until it is it's only an appearance of an appearance. This becomes irrelevant when one understands that the outer is not separate from the inner, so the idea "santa clause" is a part of reality, even though santa clause doesn't physically exist.
$
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Mind is empty too.
Mind being an imputed label for the river of thoughts, feelings, sensations, opinions, preferences, judgements cascading like a waterfall down a drain.

Zen!

It's empty and meaningless that it's empty and meaningless.

there's no I that is in possession of the mind and it's discontents.

it runs like a movie.
look not at the projector or the projection,
look at the light or the primordial essence that gives rise,
for the projector and the projection are of dependant origination.

subject/object, seeming forever estranged one from the other are found to be one and the same.
Karius

Post by Karius »

sue hindmarsh wrote: A ghost is supposedly a dead person’s spirit, meaning that it arose from something other – so rationally it cannot exist.
I think reason/rationality has limitations.....and there are things it can not comprehend
What if I say I witness me and others a ghost....... rationally a ghost can not exist and yet I have seen one......what do you do about that ?

Generally in men emotions gives drive /direction to reason but other components enter the picture instincts and intuition ( capacity of the mind to synthetize datas and give one solution/decision at a given time)

Rationality alone is not enought.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Karius wrote:
I think reason/rationality has limitations.....and there are things it can not comprehend
What if I say I witness me and others a ghost....... rationally a ghost can not exist and yet I have seen one......what do you do about that ?
Ghosts have limitations, reason does not.

Things do not exist in and of themselves. That is a rational statement which can be used to judge things by. If you have seen a ghost you can judge it this way, i.e. ghosts exist as much as anything else does. [You could also consider cutting back on your drug intake, or perhaps take more. ; ) ]
Generally in men emotions gives drive /direction to reason but other components enter the picture instincts and intuition ( capacity of the mind to synthetize datas and give one solution/decision at a given time)

Rationality alone is not enought.
To know that things cannot exist in and of themselves takes no emotion whatsoever.

Emotion comes into play only when one tries to refute that truth.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Cathy Preston wrote:
The ego is the negation of life, woman propagates ego without responsibility of it, seeing this insanity is what drives man to go beyond ego. As the mother of ego, woman is the catalyst for change, while at the time trapped because she has no ego to go beyond. She goes on doing what she does, it's up to man to realize the folly of this and go beyond it. It's men own mistaken idea of equality that holds them back, thinking that women will catch up, but she never will because she can't, she is fulfilling her purpose.

It’s not clear what it is you want to convey with that last statement (in bold). Could you please elaborate?
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

jupiviv wrote:
Would YOU say that, “the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of”?

If not, what would YOU say ‘the nature of truth’ is?
Are YOU saying that the definition of ‘reality’ is, "everything that exists”?

If YOU do not hold with that definition, then what is your definition of ‘reality’?
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

sue hindmarsh wrote:
jupiviv wrote:Did I? I think you will find that I described the nature of things, which are *parts* of the truth. You could now say that the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of. But even this isn't really a description of truth, since it doesn't say anything about truth other than that it has all finite things as its parts.
Would YOU say that, “the nature of truth is being that which any finite thing is a part of”?

If not, what would YOU say ‘the nature of truth’ is?

Yes I said in the post that that was the nature of truth. But it wasn't a *description* of truth but of finite things. There cannot be a special description/definition of truth, since it is not a finite thing. Rather, any description of finite things is necessarily also a description of truth.
Are YOU saying that the definition of ‘reality’ is, "everything that exists”?

Yes, I said so in the post.
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

sue hindmarsh wrote:Cathy Preston wrote:
It’s not clear what it is you want to convey with that last statement (in bold). Could you please elaborate?

There is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. We rise above the desire for any human conditions. We don't just give lip service to the idea that the world is perfect we realize it is. I am subject (masculine), I am object (feminine), I am neither (the ALL)
#
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Cathy,

Who is the royal "we" you speak of?

Do you eat?

Would you come to the aid of a child being molested by a sexual predator?

Would you please include in your post your address and phone number so that I can send it over to sexual predator.com, or to looking for juicy females.com?