Fate & Time do not exist...

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
DonaldJ

Fate & Time do not exist...

Post by DonaldJ »

Fate does not exzitx... (whooH! that one even made my-legs rubbery for a moment)
I am nothing.. I just have the attention of a few biggies.. The crazy world is desperate to break this connection, because they fear I would do with it what they would in hell... Hell has no right to suppress heaven!.. They should see shrinks... Are they human, or are they vampires..?

We have a ball, cut in half.. One side is "fate does not exist"..
Other side is "but we live by fate's properties"...
Assemble the ball, and stick your spirit's brain into the middle, and sniff around.

We have another ball, cut in half.. One side is "time does not exist".. "o/, but we live by the properties of time"...
David Quinn

Re: Fate & Time do not exist...

Post by David Quinn »

How's the book coming along?

-
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

You are right about the time part, the fate part goes a bit more complex than that...

If anyone is familiar with the German Idealist tradition (including Kant, Schelling, Hegel, Goethe and Schopenhauer), you would realize that time, along with space and causality might not be as "real" as they are thought to be in the traditional empiricist sense.

Initially, one perceives the world by virtue of five essential senses. However, can sense perception be responsible for the world as we see it, without any measure of processing or interpretation within the mind? For the world to make sense to you, for the sense perception to give any meaningful and useable data to you, the mind has to organize that information by virtue of intuition; they are called space and time. And so yes, time does not "really" exist (considering you ARE taking time to be movement rather than the clock timing). Before you start firing at me, I'd like you to take the TIME to read Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, I believe there things will make much more sense than me just uttering his final results.

Moving along to fate, more or less the freedom of the will, the control which one is allowed over the events of one's life, whether or not everything that happens in your lifetime IS really your choice... that is a rather hard and important issue, wouldn't you say?
The world is a unity; for unlike the conception of a world in which separate self moving parts happen to interact and form and unform things randomly, without ANY reason or sense, the world is fundamentally ONE WILL. Remove the human being, and all you have left is ONE BEING;;; the totality; the absolute. We are all essentially WILL, whose phenomenal or apparitional form is manifested in a multiplicity of objects, that is however a direct result of the separation delusion. The world is fundamentally a uniform, interconnected system of energy. In the transcendant and ultimate reality, the one that could be deemed the metaphysical, the world acts according to ONE will. However, and since we are presented with an empirical world, that is, our world, we are also presented with the choice over the decisions we make, for we do not live the ultimate, we live in the immediate. Therefore, we ARE FREE in an empirical sense, free to control which choices WE make...
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

QED
Cathy Preston

Post by Cathy Preston »

Dionysus wrote:In the transcendant and ultimate reality, the one that could be deemed the metaphysical, the world acts according to ONE will. However, and since we are presented with an empirical world, that is, our world, we are also presented with the choice over the decisions we make, for we do not live the ultimate, we live in the immediate. Therefore, we ARE FREE in an empirical sense, free to control which choices WE make...

How do you know what exists beyond the empirical world? How can you experience outside of experience? The world acts according to ONE will, it is us who create choice by having personal goals, and intentions because we think we are a self that inherently exists. Ultimate reality is experiencing this, once experienced where ever one is, is an expression of the ONE will, and therefore real.
%
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

Cathy/marry me!
SuperMegaUltraGenius

Post by SuperMegaUltraGenius »

Time may not exist but it sure is useful.