What is the the value of being a genius?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Liberty Sea » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Gurrb wrote:
it's difficult to overlook the contradictions in this, especially in its final statement. it sounds like a political speech.

you speak as though you want a unified, embracing society, yet your post has a strong 'me against the world' undertone to it.

Nope. I am not against the world. I am against the attempts to take away my authenticity. To oversimplify my stance, I want to increase my understanding of myself, of the world and of its inhabitants, and help its inhabitants understand themselves, each other and their world better.
And to create a system that can support this purpose is my plan.
User avatar
Liberty Sea
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:30 pm

and firefly, you're already trying to appease others on this forum. it's quite indicative of what i said in my original post.


Show me where that is my goal. I didn't notice.

to speak of education, i find it displeasuring that it has become a near-necessity ('near' because finding a way to feel accomplished by other means than occupational success is quite possible, and should be encouraged). it's not my cup of tea. i know it's not. you can say i'm unmotivated, i'm immature, and full of youthful rebellion, but it all boils down to it's just something i don't enjoy and its rewards are things i don't see myself enjoying either.


So we are on the same page, what color glasses you wearing? Mine make her boobs look too big.

..crap too big. Gurrb, you are the shining star, not liberty.

...

Like I said earlier, never said I was bright, think it was a noob one with the tiny Ipad screen cut in half for typing and this forum style I'm not used to. Easy to lose track of whom says what.

Boy that explains alot.. thought it was odd you were pushing things to the extreme, was getting worried something happened to you.

Please accept my apology.

Gurrb, You might as well have written it my first post, you covered more than I cared to as if I wrote it..

You are the first shining star in my book. TY for posting.

Liberty, What is QRS? What is your basis for your view of existence? The views you've shared are those of classic dictators in their youth. I should have not defended you as I had. I was working off the premise the you had Gurrb's outlook, or rather that you were Gurrb. I am sorry if I mislead you about me. Please take my advice, do not hold your words clearer than your ideas. You will become lost, if you are not already.

And sorry for the mistake all..

<.>


(-open mouth, insert foot-)
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Gurrb,

Was it my attempts to balance Liberty-Gurrb that appeared to be appeasement?

I am sorry I troubled you. Seems to be a habit of mine to muck up first impressions.
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Gurrb » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:03 pm

didn't muck up the impression at all, you still hit the nail right on the head. it stood with what i believe quite closely. i didn't articulate properly or use the right word i guess. what i meant more was that you're trying to explain yourself and such to others, but there's nothing wrong with that i guess. as for me referencing my original post, i was merely referring to the appealing portion of it with your apologies (which i have benefitted from in your post). you must just be a kind fella, which is rare when people are behind a keyboard...
Gurrb
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Liberty Sea » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Firefly wrote:Liberty, What is QRS?

I figured it out myself without asking anyone. You should be able to figure it out yourself.
What is your basis for your view of existence?

Finity and infinity.
The views you've shared are those of classic dictators in their youth.

I am glad. Because I would be the Philosopher-King.
Shouldn't everyone?
User avatar
Liberty Sea
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby mental vagrant » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Firefly wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:It's relatively simple. You have to figure it out and tell me the pattern. :: is analogue. Work that intellect like a 50c call girl, ride the camel to the grave :D


An encryption based on my first post then, kinda figured that at first.

"52men" guessing your not lonely.. line five word two and has something to do with men? 'to' + 'men' = join? Welcome? Guessing the period declared the end of context. "58idu" ..line five word eight and has something to do with share or the stock market? (idu is down btw) Fond? Warrior? Home/castle? Mixed with "what" + tit and "being" + al

Welcome home wandering friend? A wild guess.

"and" + eti, "aspect-I" + erb + "so-... yah didn't work here..

Where does the inner lie? The camel you offer isn't my kind of motivation.


:/ be rigerous
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Gurrb » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:46 am

mental vagrant, you claim to have an IQ 4 standard deviations above the norm (approximately around or slightly above 160), but your spelling is sub-par. i know spelling is obviously not all there is in an IQ score, but the ability to observe and recognize is, which is the basis of spelling. this isn't based solely on the misspelling of 'rigorous', but of other words too.
Gurrb
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby mental vagrant » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 am

Gurrb wrote:mental vagrant, you claim to have an IQ 4 standard deviations above the norm (approximately around or slightly above 160), but your spelling is sub-par. i know spelling is obviously not all there is in an IQ score, but the ability to observe and recognize is, which is the basis of spelling. this isn't based solely on the misspelling of 'rigorous', but of other words too.


Wrong. Nearly 4SD. I knew i spelt i wrong and i don't care, i frequently do this. Perhaps you should try the puzzle, it's quite easy really.
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby ForbidenRea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Pye is equal to 3.14, Darwin.
ForbidenRea
 

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:54 pm

mental,

What do you mean, :: is analog?

Why does it look like your batman avatar is masturbating?

Yes, it's true, I have an IQ of 0.

Gurrb, thanks.

Liberty, I don't care to play your game. Infinity is finite as it cannot be more than it is so you have no philosophy, thus you are not close to the status of Philosopher-King. Besides philosophy, philios sophia, was first coined by Pythagorus to mean lover of wisdom in reference to his teacher at Delfy.(Probably because he made love to her?) So you want to be a king of people whom spend their time bickering about who's love of wisdom is better? That's basically what we have today and I doubt you will be treated as a king, even if you managed to become one.

Love does not find answers and wisdom is useless without integrity, you have a lot of work ahead of you so please.. don't burn yourself out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEzoOpG1zQ

And don't forget to breathe.
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:01 pm

What is the value of being a genius?
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby ForbidenRea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm

A genius is not valued.
ForbidenRea
 

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 pm

ForbidenRea wrote:A genius is not valued.


Seems to be valued, you bothered to comment.
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 pm

sorry mental,

Can't seem to get into your game.

Thanks for sharing.
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Cathy Preston wrote:
firefly wrote:The individuality is already a system by nature. An Idea machine based on relative truths. Society is the system by/for that system. He's talking about finding and implementing a cleaner social system. Another patch if nothing else. Very noble.


Society is a system serving the interests of community over individuality, and as such encourages conformity. Self can only be explored as an individual, not as a collective because as you pointed out any ideas of self are based on relative truths. if you want to promote society, or make a better system, then by all means go ahead but don't pretend you have the individual in mind when you do it.


Society doesn't serve anyone, everyone serves it and community doesn't have interests, the individual invests them. Holding the concepts in their anthropomorphic forms encourages the conformity you speak of.

Self can be explored as an individual and with friends, other individuals - a collective, as we all have the same base, relative truth.

Since the individual and society cannot exist without one another, you cannot do otherwise. Your asking the impossible.

Are you cute?
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby ForbidenRea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Blah, blah, blah.

Ace=the concepts of the infinite.

Try murking at yourself.
ForbidenRea
 

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:08 pm

sexy
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Liberty Sea » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Firefly wrote:Liberty, I don't care to play your game. Infinity is finite as it cannot be more than it is so you have no philosophy, thus you are not close to the status of Philosopher-King. Besides philosophy, philios sophia, was first coined by Pythagorus to mean lover of wisdom in reference to his teacher at Delfy.(Probably because he made love to her?) So you want to be a king of people whom spend their time bickering about who's love of wisdom is better? That's basically what we have today and I doubt you will be treated as a king, even if you managed to become one.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher_king
Philosopher-king mean a king who is also a philosopher. In Taoist and Confucian philosophy, it is called :A sage inwardly and a king outwardly". Many dictators are inspired by this idea.
Explaining a joke ruins it.
User avatar
Liberty Sea
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Liberty Sea wrote:
Firefly wrote:Liberty, I don't care to play your game. Infinity is finite as it cannot be more than it is so you have no philosophy, thus you are not close to the status of Philosopher-King. Besides philosophy, philios sophia, was first coined by Pythagorus to mean lover of wisdom in reference to his teacher at Delfy.(Probably because he made love to her?) So you want to be a king of people whom spend their time bickering about who's love of wisdom is better? That's basically what we have today and I doubt you will be treated as a king, even if you managed to become one.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher_king
Philosopher-king mean a king who is also a philosopher. In Taoist and Confucian philosophy, it is called :A sage inwardly and a king outwardly". Many dictators are inspired by this idea.
Explaining a joke ruins it.


It was never funny, the premise is based on a patch for a wounded society, like most if not all philosophy. Teaching you how to fake integrity.

Your intention with this last was hurtful. Way to go dictator. Ride that spite!
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby mental vagrant » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 am

Firefly wrote:sorry mental,

Can't seem to get into your game.

Thanks for sharing.


:: is an analogue; 1 for 1 mental construct comparison. I think you can do it.
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Gurrb » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:56 am

this is often an obfuscation forum. is it me, or are people excessively vague all the time on this forum?

i feel it's because they fear being 'wrong' or to appear unintelligent. mistakes are inevitable.
Gurrb
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Firefly » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:52 pm

Mental,

I'll tell you what, I will give it another go. But, only if you join in and give the question a go, a good go. Even trade?

What is the value of being a genius?

..just noticed it had two 'the's in the title, I tend to edit while I type...

Gurrb,

If it wasn't for the crazies this forum wouldn't be so interesting. "Common Ascent" was originally, "The Ponderer's Guild" and in the change they got rid of allot of the crazies. Now it's rather stuck-up and bland. They took away the factor that pushed for truth by exposing sophisms. (As described by Aristotle in - On Sophistical Refutations: http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/a/aristotle/sophistical/) By doing so they removed the factor that caused the most good when it comes to ideological evolution. Seems "Genius Forums" is doing good with them though the inhabitants don't seem to know what to do about them and what their value really is. You have to handle them, good, bad and ugly in the best manner you can. As long as we all keep interacting, things will get better but if we simply ignore them and they us, we all stagnate. Trapped in our little minds. All of us trapped crazies dreaming of sanity.

To some I imagine it may seem impossible with the hiding of intended meaning in communication but in truth, nothing is hidden, just a test as anything created my man has a primer that can explain everything. Take the test is what I am getting at, like Mental's game. The fact that he pushes it tells more and more about him and his intentions, his wants and needs. He needs us and we need him. Not in some form of obsession but as a basic security to ensure the light does not fade. Is the message, "I love you.", "I kiss frogs." or a new recipe for world domination? Don't know about you but I am curious. My dream is that it says, "You've passed the test. Come join us in Utopia." with the address...

Take me for example. Everything I have done here has been a test for the same purpose. I need willing minds, dangerous minds, to drop everything so to build something stronger and greater. Even if I have to hold their hands or slap them around... still working on the "You don't have to slap." bit if you can't tell. I could have handled things better but I am always learning.

I am always learning... so far it seems this forum is actually very dead even with all of the posters and viewers. I had hoped that my crazy antics would have brought in more flak but, it seems the prevailing philosophical views are in the way again. Ignored because I don't make their kind of sense.

YOUR JUST AS CRAZY TO ME PEOPLE!.. <-- for the lurkers. Lets be crazy together.

You know, I used to think I intimidated people and that's why they smother me with silence. And maybe they just don't see that they need to interact to make things better for all of us. Mistakes and all on both parts. Feedback is a necessary commodity in this media.

Now I just don't know.

...the premise is based on a patch for a wounded society, like most if not all philosophy. Teaching you how to fake integrity.


Here I just challenged every philosophy in the world... silence...

Granted it has only been one day but with the number of viewers I figure someone was offended or up to the challenge.. hell, just curious enough to ask me why I think so. I doubt anything will happen.

I hope I'm speaking too soon.

If you would, if you want to go beyond the level of this side.. go here and beat me like a wicked step child: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=825 It won't be easy but the return is more than you can imagine.. literally..

That goes for everyone who reads this. I am an idiot and I say you can't match my tenacity with logic and truth. I dare all of you to prove me wrong. Join my fight for the truth about the math of truth.

Liberty, I could really use your help too. Your dangerous mind would be a boon to the cause and would help you to no end. Please don't dismiss this.

To better minds!
User avatar
Firefly
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby mental vagrant » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:23 pm

i made the question
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby Gurrb » Tue May 01, 2012 6:16 pm

mental vagrant wrote:
Firefly wrote:Hi all,

New here and found I fit the bill perfectly.. So I guess I'm a genius.

If genius can be considered a talent then I am a genius at genius..

So what now?

Thought to go to college and do great things and found they taught things in ways that I could not stand. Concepts without integrity imposed by teachers without integrity. Before then end of the second semester I dropped out due to a shear lack of will. How could I respect the credentials gained if they were a lie? Why am I paying for people to teach me what I can teach myself better? Who in their right mind would accept those credentials and could I respect them for it?

All they could think of for motivating students was money and fame. I want to know. I don't care about the money or fame. I've been studying the mind for 17yrs so to master it and learn better. Not to feed the modern insanity.

How many genius's work daylabor because to get to the top in academics is to accept failures in Logic, Morality, Ethics? How many ditch digging geniuses are there because to make it rich is to feed the authority ouroboros?

Why is it I am so alone in this?

I love nature, I study every aspect of it and I have such ideas of grand import..

And I can't even tell my dog for fear the walls have ears. I have no friends I can confide in or use as sounding boards or be used back. I'm shunned by forums for not holding their truths but mostly I cannot find a forum worth posting on anymore. I have pushed all the buttons I could find.

This forum is another button to me but I would rather it a home.

...just rambling as it comes to me...

Where is the greener grass for a genius?

52men.58idu42tit07al sil-0.2ani35dut27idg6nol :: 50.255.5080.240.144

59eti.971erb415 30eg.n2459ä8l5 :: 122.182.17080.240.144

games without names lead the stray,
tame the number to remain sane,
pm me if captain alphabet is the name of this seeming game


pretty sure i've solved it, i'll pm it to you because the information seems rather personal. unless you wish me to put it on here...
Gurrb
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: What is the the value of being a genius?

Postby mental vagrant » Wed May 02, 2012 12:55 am

mental vagrant wrote:
Firefly wrote:sorry mental,

Can't seem to get into your game.

Thanks for sharing.


:: is an analogue; 1 for 1 mental construct comparison. I think you can do it.


This isn't vague. I tend to express myself in fairly concrete terms. My spelling isn't sub-par, i've many idiosyncracies, i'm compelled to do certain things regardless of their respective 'correctness'. A foible of some bilingual person who is moderately insane.

I got your PM btw, great stuff, keep it up :)
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

PreviousNext

Return to GENIUS FORUM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

cron