In everything I do ....

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kunga

Re: In everything I do ....

Post by Kunga »

Women were not home bound because they were fearful.
Man & Woman each had their roles to play for survival purposes.
I highly doubt they were home bound cause they were afraid....there would be more to fear being alone with a helpless child to protect... alone.

Also, I highly doubt women was coddled in prehistoric times. It took fearless genes to make it as far as they got. Women are wimpy now, I'll admit that.
I can't imagine a wimpy cavewoman....they just wouldn't survive...man would of bashed her head in with his all-purpose cave bat....lol
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

A vast amount of ethnographic and archaeological evidence demonstrates that the sexual division of labor in which men hunt and women gather wild fruits and vegetables is an uncommon phenomenon among hunter-gatherers worldwide. Although most of the gathering is usually done by women, a society in which men completely abstained from gathering easily available plants has yet to be found. Generally women hunt the majority of the small game while men hunt the majority of the large and dangerous game, but there are quite a few documented exceptions to this general pattern. A study done on the Aeta people of the Philippines states: "About 85% of Philippine Aeta women hunt, and they hunt the same quarry as men. Aeta women hunt in groups and with dogs, and have a 31% success rate as opposed to 17% for men. Their rates are even better when they combine forces with men: mixed hunting groups have a full 41% success rate among the Aeta."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-gatherer

Men were stronger than women, but women were just as fearless as men....they didn't stay homebound because they were wimps & just wanted to socialize like a bunch of monkeys chattering. Prehistoric men & women knew how to survive, learned how to survive by being cooperative.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

• "About 85% of Philippine Aeta women hunt, and they hunt the same quarry as men. Aeta women hunt in groups and with dogs, and have a 31% success rate as opposed to 17% for men."
But Kunga, you know these are pygmies with an extremely short life expectancy, don't you? :-)

It's also interesting here that men still tend to hunt alone, using bows and guns while the women hunt - effeciently and deadly as it may be - in packs using machetes. Which only underlines Dennis' main thrust. Thanks K!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

This conversation is empty Diebert.
It is meaningless to find meaning ......for it means nothing....it's empty of inherent existence....empty.........emptiness........inherent........it echos off the walls of my cave.......

I use to be very interested in anthropology .
Then I discovered it was empty and meaningless.....
so I had nothing more to think about it...
that's it.....

life is so much better now
knowing it's all empty and meaningless..........
I don't have to explain myself ...because it's all meaningless....
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:This conversation is empty Diebert.
It's a conversation you are not in either way. You still have to start your first: telling something that is not paraphrasing or parodying somebody else. The universe might kill you as reward!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I highly doubt they were home bound cause they were afraid....there would be more to fear being alone with a helpless child to protect... alone.
Alone is anathema for her.
She paints her toenails, trims her pubic hair and practices those 'bedroom eyes'.
causes/conditons.

never aimless,
no walk in the park here,
driven.

and the poets sing to her:

'my world is empty without you babe'

ha ha
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Alone is anathema for her.
Little do you know me.

Why do you take this out of context ?
I was refering to the cavewoman days,
you said women were afraid...implying that's why they didn't join the men in the hunt.
It's not because they were afraid, but had other duties (childrearing).
Why can't you see this as a valid reason instead of presuming they were afraid ?

I highly doubt women in prehistoric times needed to attract men by primping & preaming
all they needed was their pheromones.
It was all very natural and raw back then.

I did have my nails done today though
not to attract anyone... but myself.
I love to feel myself and play with my soft silky feet .
I don't need a man to feel good.
I make myself feel better than any man could.

Ha !
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
It's a conversation you are not in either way. You still have to start your first: telling something that is not paraphrasing or parodying somebody else. The universe might kill you as reward!

I was playing Dennis .....being facetious :)
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

The sex manuals are written in order to try to get to ecstasy from erotica.

they can't account for people already coming from ecstasy.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Talkin' about 'mindfulness' Kunga.

A masculine condition that experiences freedom despite conditions.

The feminine way depends on things and conditions.
I did have my nails done today though
I love to feel myself and play with my soft silky feet .
depends on nails
depends on manicurists
depends on money
depends on soft silky feet

soft, silky feet grow old, gnarly, crippled,
money runs out,
manicurists get more expensive.

feminine gets afraid.
'love' sours.

every little thing has to be 'just so' for a woman.
ever restless.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:

I was playing Dennis .....being facetious :)
Umm yeah. Sadly you couldn't lift your (rather obvious) play to another level. I did try .Eitherway you're not in any game.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:I did have my nails done today though
That's a true observation. Although there might be not that much difference between attracting oneself or another. It's the same selfish game. Enjoy!
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

you don't know the whole story behind it (the nails)
you see...i never cared much before....my hands and feet
have aged rapidly from hard work...going barefoot....washing dishes....
then the past year or so i have been taking my mother (83 years old)
to get her nails done (as she has been doing since the 70's)...
so while I'm waiting around in my boredom...she suggests to me that i get a pedicure....
my feet were dry and heavily calloused....like sandpaper...cracked and ugly....
now my feet are soft like rosepetals......like the man i sleep with every night...
his hands and feet are soft like a prince.....

so you see....i have neglected myself most of my life....
don't judge a book by it's cover....

soon enough i will be dust
until then.....
be kind to others......you might get rose petal soft feet in the process......
then again....you might get a foot fungus....
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Not judging dear.
Having a conversation.
Distinguishing stuff.

let's say the existential flow incorporates a succession of momentary arisings or becomings.
without emptiness momentary becoming wouldn't be possible and would appear to be meaningless and lack vitality.

We've got Being and becoming.
Being is indestructible.
becoming is possibilities for being in a world.

In the normal flow of traffic,
the desire is pleasure not pain.

There's grasping at momentary pleasures.

A life becomes a list of 'in order to' activity.

In order to keep the 'little lady' groovin'
In order to have a 'little lady'
In order to get sex
In order to fit into society
In order to get money
In order to be respected
In order to count
In order to be noticed

In order to keep it up and running, an immense catalogue of things thinging in a particular order, have to be thinging,
else it breaks down.

Busier than a one-armed juggler.

Being gets forgotten.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

One can appear and act quite normal,
yet know the truth of non-duality.
There are yogis walking amongst us,
you wouldn't know it at first glance.
They appear quite normal and blend in like milk.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Is there an award for glibness?

If so you get it.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Is there an award for glibness?

If so you get it.
Can you elaborate as to why you say this ?
I am puzzled by this comment.
As far as i know i'm being sincere.
You seem to have a bug up your ass .
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

What's your default position?
Your move?

Bored
Glib
Facetious

Tuned out?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:What's your default position?
Your move?

Bored
Glib
Facetious

Tuned out?

i really don't know what your getting at.
spit it out.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

there's an old zen koan,

'we've been separate for a long time and never been apart'

dwell on it for a while.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:so you see....i have neglected myself most of my life....
don't judge a book by it's cover.....
But you think I was judging it to be selfish as some insult. This is what I mean about not being in the conversation. It's healthy to be selfish, to develop individuality and an inner life with care for either intellectual or physical prosperity of your own self, to create ties and attachments, to project ourselves into the world and start desiring it even more. It's a normal stage of development for humans, to become a human eventually. If this stage was not needed we could declare little children to be Buddhas and be done with it.

The main problem I'm outlining here in terms of your non-participation, and you're not the only one here, is that you pretend to have something to say about Buddhism, which is about discarding the self, to outgrow it, while you are describing each and every time how you are in a stage of still forming one. The danger hereis that you will confuse weak-self with no-self. But do please continue developing a personal life, care, Independence, selfishness, self-reliance beyond anything you think you might have accomplished so far. It's a long road.

Then perhaps come back to discuss Buddhism. When it's time to throw the baby away and keep the bath water. But it's premature to ponder this when still being hardly pregnant. This is why I said: you're not in the conversation. You're yourself in the way. What you're looking for is not here as you just keep creating some interpersonal dependency, in the games of opposition, jest or agreement.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

DVR wrote:But you think I was judging it to be selfish as some insult. This is what I mean about not being in the conversation. It's healthy to be selfish, to develop individuality and an inner life with care for either intellectual or physical prosperity of your own self, to create ties and attachments, to project ourselves into the world and start desiring it even more. It's a normal stage of development for humans, to become a human eventually. If this stage was not needed we could declare little children to be Buddhas and be done with it.
Backpedaling.

If Kunga is playing selfish games (for painting her toenails, of all things! "Enjoy!") and you meant it in the best most truthful possible way, which you define here as a step to "becoming a human eventually," you are in fact saying she is not at at present a human.

Well done! I learn from the backpedaling master!
Diebert van Rhijn

cousinbasil wrote: you are in fact saying she is not at at present a human.
That was rather obvious. But I'm glad you caught that! As Jonathan Swift once wrote: "When I reflect on this [foolishness of women], I cannot conceive you to be human creatures, but a sort of species hardly a degree above a monkey; who is an animal less mischievous and expensive, might in time be a tolerable critic in velvet and brocade, and, for aught I know, would equally become them." [From : A letter to a very young lady on her marriage].

But lets not get too wild with all the possible fixed definitions of what exactly a human being is or which state qualifies for that. In this context I'd prefer to keep it in terms of [degree of] consciousness to distinguish between animal and human. The animal (genetic?) realm operates in purely selfish modes, including all cooperative tactics. But any conscious being has the power to transcend this or become severely confused (ignorant, false) in the process. It's this way that even an animal would be "less mischievous and expensive". Or the innocence of a child perhaps. There's a view possible which sees all unawareness as basicaly innocent but that's normally reserved for cross-hangers conversing with the heavens alone.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

It's funny realy..you sit there pointing your finger at my flaws...but are afraid to expose your own frailites...what is a day in the life of Diebert like ? Can you be honest ?
Or are you only concerend about your self image here ?

Surely you induge in something equally frivious to what a woman does.
Don't preach to me about cooperation tactics either, you are clearly not wise or enlightened...otherwise you would know me, and by your pathetic judgemental attitude i can see you are ignorant.

Oy Vey ! (If you are anti-semetic that proves you are ignorant.)
If you're mysoginist, that also proves you are ignorant.
So why should i listen to an ignorant fool like you ?
You are toxic.
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:It's funny realy..you sit there pointing your finger at my flaws
But all you did was pointing your own finger to your toes. Which only provided a platform for me to explain something about the self in terms of psychology as well as philosophy.

Haven't started about flaws yet. To err is to be human, some would state. And it's true, to even know something like "error" it first has to be established what's "right". The moral domain is a human domain.

And then all I did was to present in a specific context becoming human as "right" and erring as something else. A promising bypass?
So why should i listen to an ignorant fool like you ?
You are toxic.
Because it's toxic. I dare you to drink the whole cup. And at the same time I'm suggesting you should perhaps not be here, such a sensitive incubating soul seeking knowledge, let alone pretending some.