Stolen From Another Forum

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Post Reply
User avatar
uncledote
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Stolen From Another Forum

Post by uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:51 am

Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?

User avatar
Dan Rowden
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dan Rowden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Dennis Mahar
Posts: 4082
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dennis Mahar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

This prick waving intellectual junkyard
looks like you busted your own rules

User avatar
uncledote
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?

User avatar
uncledote
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Dennis Mahar wrote:
This prick waving intellectual junkyard
looks like you busted your own rules

Put it back in your trousers.

User avatar
Dan Rowden
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dan Rowden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.

User avatar
uncledote
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by uncledote » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.

ha ha ; )

User avatar
mental vagrant
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by mental vagrant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

uncledote wrote:Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?
You have a point, i've been guilty of the crime on occasion as have many others. I think it stems from having too many different people in one place, the overall inability to communicate without irrational violence due to a thought of not being percieved. However irrational is irrational, and unfortuantely rational doesn't hang out with irrational except to a drunken observer..
unbound

User avatar
Tomas
Posts: 4328
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Tomas » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 am

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?

Does it work?
Ask Tomas.
Since you decided to rat me out, how about telling the gossipy details, Dan?
Don't run to your death

User avatar
Dan Rowden
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dan Rowden » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 am

Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.

User avatar
Tomas
Posts: 4328
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Tomas » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am

Dan Rowden wrote:Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.
This doesn't mean we'll be taking long showers together until the wee hours of the morning.
Don't run to your death

User avatar
Dan Rowden
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Post by Dan Rowden » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Well, that's good. I don't think either of us needs to be more wrinkly than we are now.

Post Reply