Stolen From Another Forum

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.

Stolen From Another Forum

Postby uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:51 am

Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?
User avatar
uncledote
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Dan Rowden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?
User avatar
Dan Rowden
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Dennis Mahar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

This prick waving intellectual junkyard


looks like you busted your own rules
Dennis Mahar
 
Posts: 4084
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?



Does it work?
User avatar
uncledote
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby uncledote » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Dennis Mahar wrote:
This prick waving intellectual junkyard


looks like you busted your own rules



Put it back in your trousers.
User avatar
uncledote
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Dan Rowden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:52 pm

uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?



Does it work?


Ask Tomas.
User avatar
Dan Rowden
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby uncledote » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?



Does it work?


Ask Tomas.



ha ha ; )
User avatar
uncledote
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 am
Location: UK

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby mental vagrant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

uncledote wrote:Some simple rules to encourage productive philosophical debate. Stolen from another Philosophy Forum.

"Reminder: We want to have the best website on the internet for productively debating even the most controversial and heated topics in a respectful manner free of personal attacks, ad hominem arguments, name-calling, unnecessary pejoratives or any off-topic rude/mean remarks. To that end, the forums have a easy-to-use but sophisticated reporting system that is too often going unused. You can report a post by clicking the small button with an exclamation point which is located in the upper-right-hand corner of the post you want to report. Please, please use this feature to report any posts that are even borderline."

This prick waving intellectual junkyard could certainly do with similar provisos, no?


You have a point, i've been guilty of the crime on occasion as have many others. I think it stems from having too many different people in one place, the overall inability to communicate without irrational violence due to a thought of not being percieved. However irrational is irrational, and unfortuantely rational doesn't hang out with irrational except to a drunken observer..
unbound
User avatar
mental vagrant
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Tomas » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 am

Dan Rowden wrote:
uncledote wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:2 things: you probably should have posted this elsewhere; if you look over to the right of each post you'll see a red exclamation mark button alongside some others. Guess what that's for?



Does it work?


Ask Tomas.

Since you decided to rat me out, how about telling the gossipy details, Dan?
Don't run to your death
User avatar
Tomas
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Dan Rowden » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:10 am

Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.
User avatar
Dan Rowden
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Tomas » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:22 am

Dan Rowden wrote:Rat you out? I didn't realise it was some sort of terrible secret. Frankly, you're my right hand spam killer man.

This doesn't mean we'll be taking long showers together until the wee hours of the morning.
Don't run to your death
User avatar
Tomas
 
Posts: 4318
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:15 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: Stolen From Another Forum

Postby Dan Rowden » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Well, that's good. I don't think either of us needs to be more wrinkly than we are now.
User avatar
Dan Rowden
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2001 8:03 pm


Return to GENIUS FORUM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests