Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Arrogance on the part of the meritorious is even more offensive to us than the arrogance of those without merit: for merit itself is offensive. - Friedrich Nietzsche
You can recite that while laying on the train track waiting for the 10.40.

Get back to me this afternoon.

Take Alex with you (please) and you can discuss your divinity.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Kunga wrote:God is Dead ~ Fred

lol

just wondering why you love quoting FN Cory :)
When Nietzsche said "God is Dead" what he likely meant is that the God of Jesus was killed by people who would prefer creating a God separate from humanity (finite, creator God), as opposed to the non-duality of spiritual philosophers like myself and Jesus.

When Jesus said "I am the way", it's just another way of saying he was God. As we can see with our friend Dennis, humans are very timid and insecure and would prefer to cloister together in message forums under the leadership of a Guru, or just as bad, under an imagined God somewhere out there in the cosmic ether.

DQ offers something of value. Learn his analytic logic, make peace with the absolute, and go out and have some relationships with people as advanced human beings, people who aren't trying to crawl back into the womb of nothingness.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Laird,
meaning is abstract like truth, not concrete like an event or object.
events and objects are loaded with multiple significances applied by minds,
how concrete are they?

You think they have independent, objective existence.

Get up to speed will you.
Dennis, if you don't believe in a reality beyond your mind, then all I can say is: enjoy your solipsism.

But really: learn to read for comprehension and respond appropriately and meaningfully. What you said had nothing to do with the point I was making. You have a habit of responding like this. It's almost as though you don't particularly care what other people have to say except insofar as it gives you an opportunity to launch into one of your (mind-numbingly repetitive) spiels about emptiness, meaningless, non-inherency, etc etc etc.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Dennis is likely looking to escape from the challenge of loving other human beings and having a functional role in society.

Many GF'ers are like that, it's likely DQ's shadow partly responsible.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Whatever you are saying is empty.
causes/conditions,
pieces/parts,
thinker/thought.
Your words lack inherent existence.
As do mine.

Are you on the train track yet?
you've got 12 minutes.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Cory Duchesne wrote:When Nietzsche said "God is Dead" what he likely meant is that the God of Jesus was killed by people who would prefer creating a God separate from humanity (finite, creator God), as opposed to the non-duality of spiritual philosophers like myself and Jesus.

According to Nietzsche Jesus "died for his own sins."

I agree.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Laird,
Not denying existence exists.
Not denying you exist or I exist.
How it exists is the investigation.
How you and I exist is the investigation.

Have you ever considered it might be a set-up?
Conceptually designated.

Come at it from the viewpoint of 'set-up' and see what it looks like.

When you go to sleep at night, this 'daytime' reality shuts down,
you dream,
in the dream there's a separate self (you) involved in situations, reacting emotionally and thoughtfully in respect to pleasure and pain...
When you wake up in the morning you think,
'What was that shit about?'
'Oh, it was empty and meaningless'
Last edited by Dennis Mahar on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Bob M.,

Nietzsche was a playful philosopher who used many contradicting points of view to stimulate the mind into altered states.

In my own estimation, Jesus probably overestimated himself, like we all do, yet he had enough of a handle on the non-dual to turn his error into cosmic order, creating a theatrical expression that stands as one of man's great spiritual symbols.

If things played out like history says, Jesus going to the cross was one of humanity's great artistic masterpieces.

So the error of Jesus was no more an error than Giordano Bruno willingly burned at the stake, whose lasts words were masterfully stated:

"You pronounce sentence upon me with greater fear than I receive it."
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Whatever you are saying is empty.
causes/conditions,
pieces/parts,
thinker/thought.
Your words lack inherent existence.
As do mine.
Yes, but at the end of the day, the show must go on. There are many expressions of spirituality - a playwright, an economist, a scientist, an artist, musician, etc.

If you want to be a Sage, Mr. Dennis, then you're job is to coach people who actually have talent, not drag them down to feed your narcissistic supply.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

you've missed the 10.40 Corey.
there's one at 11.05.
quick.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

You bore me, goodbye.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Bob M.,Nietzsche was a playful philosopher who used many contradicting points of view to stimulate the mind into altered states.

Well I'm not being at all 'playful' when I say Jesus fell far short of the glory of his Heavenly Father and was thereby hung by the mob.

The human species was not and will not be saved by a crucified body, rather it will be saved by a fully obedient and thereby fully glorified body.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You bore me, goodbye.
God is bored.
he he
that's funny.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

As Ioleus (Anna) once said: "The betas are acting up!"
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Bob Michael wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:Bob M.,Nietzsche was a playful philosopher who used many contradicting points of view to stimulate the mind into altered states.

Well I'm not being at all 'playful' when I say Jesus fell far short of the glory of his Heavenly Father and was thereby hung by the mob.

The human species was not and will not be saved by a crucified body, rather it will be saved by a fully obedient and thereby fully glorified body.
Yeah, your understanding of Christianity is very shallow, it's nothing like mine, and indicates you know little of non-dual consciousness.

I call your perspective, Secular Atheism 1.0. There are lots of you out there. You have science, you struggle not to submit to finite things... you're stuck at GF.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Cory Duchesne wrote:Yeah, your understanding of Christianity is very shallow, it's nothing like mine, and indicates you know little of non-dual consciousness.

I call your perspective, Secular Atheism 1.0. There are lots of you out there. You have science, you struggle not to submit to finite things... you're stuck at GF.
Interesting perspective, Cory. However, I feel I'm the only man on earth who fully understands Christ and then of necessity has gone far beyond him.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

oh, in that case, good luck. :) Have you published a website, any online books or have any aphorisms online? I don't ask you that in a mean way. I'm on GF to find some genuinely dedicated people so I can create a long term network with them.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

As Ioleus (Anna) once said: "The betas are acting up!"
Causality at play.

Ringside seats.

Did you bring the popcorn?
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Shit! I wasn't caused to bring it. Damn!
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

Cory Duchesne wrote:oh, in that case, good luck. :) Have you published a website, any online books or have any aphorisms online? I don't ask you that in a mean way. I'm on GF to find some genuinely dedicated people so I can create a long term network with them.
Trust me Cory, there's no one more genuinely and totally dedicated to bringing the Light of love, truth, and understanding into our dark and decaying world than I am. I currently do a lot of writing (though none of it has been published), a limited amount of speaking on a daily basis at A. A. meetings (where I go primarily to seek out those relatively few people who I feel are capable of enlightenment), and I'm looking to create a fellowship of such people. God's 'chosen few', if you will. But quite frankly, while I am open to learning from anyone and/or trying to be of help to others, I can't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to pursuing my goal. Which is not my goal alone, but also the goal of God and Evolution.

Personally, I feel the geniune enlightment of others must take place in a person to person setting (and ideally one that's far removed from the darkness and insanity of the world) and I have little enthusiasm for or good feelings that internet discussion forums are of any real benefit for such an adventure. In 10+ years of sometimes pretty intense participation in various online discussion forums (namely J. Krishnamurti, Nietzsche, and Christian) I never found anyone who I felt was on my wavelength, so to speak. In real life I know 2 men who are pretty close, but they're not yet totally understanding of things or fully void of 'self'.

I have an inactive yahoo group where I've posted many articles, quotes, etc. that I found helpful and spiritually edifying over the years in my own ongoing and unending spiritual development.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Schoo ... vercoming/

Good luck to you also, Cory!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Shit! I wasn't caused to bring it. Damn!
You've got no meaning about you.

Corey,
you've pulled a chick,
you're in love, full of passion,
she's got a shopping list,
forget the network,
do the shopping list for Chrissake.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Bob Michael wrote:
Cory Duchesne wrote:oh, in that case, good luck. :) Have you published a website, any online books or have any aphorisms online? I don't ask you that in a mean way. I'm on GF to find some genuinely dedicated people so I can create a long term network with them.
Trust me Cory, there's no one more genuinely and totally dedicated to bringing the Light of love, truth, and understanding into our dark and decaying world than I am. I currently do a lot of writing (though none of it has been published), a limited amount of speaking on a daily basis at A. A. meetings (where I go primarily to seek out those relatively few people who I feel are capable of enlightenment), and I'm looking to create a fellowship of such people. God's 'chosen few', if you will. But quite frankly, while I am open to learning from anyone and/or trying to be of help to others, I can't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to pursuing my goal. Which is not my goal alone, but also the goal of God and Evolution.

Personally, I feel the geniune enlightment of others must take place in a person to person setting (and ideally one that's far removed from the darkness and insanity of the world) and I have little enthusiasm for or good feelings that internet discussion forums are of any real benefit for such an adventure. In 10+ years of sometimes pretty intense participation in various online discussion forums (namely J. Krishnamurti, Nietzsche, and Christian) I never found anyone who I felt was on my wavelength, so to speak. In real life I know 2 men who are pretty close, but they're not yet totally understanding of things or fully void of 'self'.

I have an inactive yahoo group where I've posted many articles, quotes, etc. that I found helpful and spiritually edifying over the years in my own ongoing and unending spiritual development.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/The_Schoo ... vercoming/

Good luck to you also, Cory!
I studied a great deal of J. Krishnamurti. I'll check out your group. :)
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Nice description of the superman, I like it. :)
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Cory Duchesne wrote:I'm on GF to find some genuinely dedicated people so I can create a long term network with them.
This caught my eye. You obviously aren't looking for people dedicated to truth, are you? Perhaps you should team up with Bob Michael in his project to create an ark to save the few worthies of humanity during the coming apocalypse.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Jup, I think you're actually pretty good at deductive reasoning, and you probably have a relatively healthy relationship to your true self.

The difference between you and me is a matter of heart, passion and preference. My relationship to the aesthetic, ethical and religious spheres is just different than you.

Many men can know the truth, but with a radically different engagement with life aesthetically and ethically. This is why we can have a very diverse economy with a wide variety of different roles.

If I were to guess, relative to me, you are likely colour blind, you just don't pick up on certain wave lengths, and you probably never will.

Likewise, you engage with reality in ways I'll probably never see. That doesn't mean either of us are wrong.

We have a contrasting engagement with God, but all is God, and each of us can be grounded in our true nature.