Power in Society

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

Power in Society

Post by Cory Duchesne »

If you want to survive doing something very creative and philosophical, money will come through meeting the right people and using whatever virtues you have to help them achieve their goals. The key to power, ironically, is bowing down. But you have to bow down sincerely. Find people that genuinely inspire you and be of service to them, but do it like a business man. Be up front and aim for the win-win. It's all about combining respect and tact, with the irreverence of philosophy and spirituality.

The toughest lesson to learn is that some people are like a trojan horse. They get into your life without letting you know how much they disapprove of you. After they attach themselves to you, and the people you love, they then deliberately act to sabotage your life, out of vengeance. They do it secretly - it is the most deadly act of passive aggression. If you ever wonder who creates computer viruses, look no further than the personality of the one I just described.

These people are very unconscious, almost completely animal, and the word sociopath is probably apt to describe them.

They might be good with language, but there is no meaning in their words. They use words to elicit emotion rather than genuine meaning.

Rather than call these people evil, it's just as useful to call them profoundly stupid. These are the kinds of people who amaze themselves at their own stupidity.

They are shocked and saddened to see the consequence of their actions, and the reason why they are surprised is that they do the evil things they do thinking they'll get away with it.

These people are the very electricity that powers my life. I do not abandon them, but live my life with them close to my heart and mind.
sue hindmarsh

Re: Power in Society

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Cory,

This type of paranoic outpouring is more fitting for the likes of Facebook.

And you're business strategy is of no interest.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

It's of no interest to you. However, I can tell you are attempting to speak for more than just yourself, which means you're trying to live through others. E.g., you're being submissive, I can tell by the very way in which you speak.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

You're describing the psychologically abused psychopath.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

The other derivative of my conclusion is that these individuals haven't identical cerebral damages, thus the resulting behavioural tendencies vary. One might include narcisists and histrionics into this category occasionally depending on what fix they need next. I think some of your conclusions drawn in latter of post 1 are distorted and refracted. What did you hope to achieve - is this a discussion?
unbound
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

There are lots of labels to describe it, but the issue is largely submissiveness to a fixed empirical idea, e.g., submissiveness to people and things, lack of courage, intense need for love, power, emotionally reactive (easily angry), parasitic living through others, and lack of creativity.

If an individual is prone to such traits, then under very unusual circumstances or pressure, he will do something that many would call psychopathic or sociopathic, however, the act could be preformed with a mixture of feelings - self righteousness, anger, even tinged with empathy for someone.

The most abusive acts are very confused ones, with a kaledascope of emotions and images.

--

Personally, I don't mind a bit of anger and confrontation, but it must be transparent. I can't stand the kind of diplomacy that leads to cunning manipulation and sudden sabotage of things that were being built for months, even years.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Cory Duchesne wrote:There are lots of labels to describe it, but the issue is largely submissiveness to a fixed empirical idea, e.g., submissiveness to people and things, lack of courage, intense need for love, power, emotionally reactive (easily angry), parasitic living through others, and lack of creativity.

If an individual is prone to such traits, then under very unusual circumstances or pressure, he will do something that many would call psychopathic or sociopathic, however, the act could be preformed with a mixture of feelings - self righteousness, anger, even tinged with empathy for someone.

The most abusive acts are very confused ones, with a kaledascope of emotions and images.

--

Personally, I don't mind a bit of anger and confrontation, but it must be transparent. I can't stand the kind of diplomacy that leads to cunning manipulation and sudden sabotage of things that were being built for months, even years.

This begins to resonate with my view of most people, rather than a minority of the 'sick', different. Even those who are "kind", their kindness can be a form of sadism, which they do not comprehend due to their diminutive ideals of the world. You have just described the night walkers, club dwelling vampires. Are we looking at the same thing?
unbound
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

The differences are rooted in a sameness. I see sociopaths/psychopaths as under the influence of the same forces as normal people (submissiveness, need to dominate, narcissism, etc), however, the feelings are more intense, with perhaps less memory.

This is why very large populations can commit such horrible acts (Nazi germany). If you have enough pressure applied to people, very criminal behaviours can be elicited out of most people.

Likewise, all "personality disorders" if you read the description, are clearly just an amplification of normal personality traits. That's why when young university students read the DSM, they feel like such a wide variety of the disorders apply to them personally.

When you see a mentally sick person, if you're thinking properly, you should see a smaller, more decrepit version of yourself. And if you were friends with such a person prior to the criminal acts, you might want to ask yourself what responsibility you have in their criminal behaviour.

"Goethe is said to have said of himself that there was no vice or crime of which he could not trace the tendency in himself, and that at some period of his life he could not have understood fully. The genius, therefore, is a more complicated, more richly endowed, more varied man; and a man is the closer to being a genius the more men he has in his personality, and the more really and strongly he has these others within him. If comprehension of those about him only flickers in him like a poor candle, then he is unable, like the great poet, to kindle a mighty flame in his heroes, to give distinction and character to his creations. The ideal of an artistic genius is to live in all men, to lose himself in all men, to reveal himself in multitudes; and so also the aim of the philosopher is to discover all others in himself, to fuse them into a unit which is his own unit."

- Otto Weininger

-

edit: fixed grammar
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Basicly, intellect, at least that is my view. I experience a lot as information and thusly feel as if i'm without indentity, excessively mechanistic. It's actually somthing i work with professionals to reduce or tailor to my crowd.

Did you have a particular example you'd like to examine with me so i can figure out if we mean the same thing. Empathic driven society in which creativity is grossly stifled, is a part.
unbound
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

If you're interested in my recent experience with a very troubled young man, perhaps you'd like to be an editor / researcher / psychologist for an online book I'm writing?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

mental vagrant wrote:Basicly, intellect, at least that is my view.
This I'm not so sure. I believe endocrinology shapes personality very powerfully, that the dominance of certain glands reflect the dominance of certain thought processes. Even the "heart" as an organ, has neurons. Some men have bad hearts, others have good ones.

Men of equal memory power / IQ, will show very stark differences in personality and even spiritual capacity.

Each soul is an island apart from other souls, and the diversity may increasingly astound researchers.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

What's the 'word?' Fixed; on a plain of thoughts; where, each individual is sacrament to his/her potential and linthoma kicks right the fuck in; inside your dreams.

Hey, Cory, nice pic!
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

ForbidenRea wrote:What's the 'word?' Fixed; on a plain of thoughts; where, each individual is sacrament to his/her potential and linthoma kicks right the fuck in; inside your dreams.

Hey, Cory, nice pic!
Potential is probably rarely reached, i don't believe Lymphoma defines my mind, even if you dislike it.
unbound