Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Post by Tomas »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Bobo,
I'm not sure that you are using the word sockpuppet consistently here. Alex is know to be Alex. Cousinbasil and Brokenhead never posted together.
Alex didn't announce his sockpuppet TA.
It was discovered.
Are you trying to muddy the waters?
If so,
Why?

Tomas,
You've made the Case.
It's rational.

Those exposed by the uncompromising light of Reason tend to run away and flood the area they are leaving with verbal abuse as they run away.
Thank you, Sir.

Should Blair come back with the thread and page number he is on about, my comments regarding Alex (and his socks) and Brokenhead (and his sock) will be closed (and if any merits worth arguing upon) at that time will be addressed in such fashion as necessary.
Don't run to your death
Alexis Jacobi

Idiot Cure, No 463910

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I LOVE you people and I WON'T give up on you!

A Clarification.

In the Introduction to GF, David Quinn wrote:
  • "Genius is a discussion forum that is passionately dedicated to the nature of Genius, Wisdom and Ultimate Reality and to the total annihilation of false values. It is an unconventional discussion forum suitable only for the brave hearted. It is for those who like their thoughts bloodied and dangerous. That is to say, it is a forum intended solely for men - of either sex. It is sometimes said that genius is "the infinite capacity for giving pain." This is very apt. If one is not deliberately causing pain to the ego, both in oneself and in others, then what is the good of one's life? One might as well not exist at all. It is by challenging and overturning our cosy assumptions, habitual thought-processes, psychological refuges and mental blocks that our minds can be opened up that little bit more to the wisdom of the Infinite."
Though I think that Tomas's on-going display, with Dennis's almost obscene attempts to morally justify and explain it, have been nothing more than embarrassing, I do want to explain that my contrived image of violence (kicks in the mouth, broken teeth, etc.) originated with Talking Ass©---a great hero of the Genius Forum, and a Great Ass at that---and were originally referenced as riffs off of David's declarations about those who like their ideas 'bloodied and dangerous'. I always remembered it as a kind of threat: be willing to get bloodied.

Well, Ole TA took this idea and ran with it. He is a literalist, and this I have noted is an assy trait generally speaking. He would reflect on his powerful hind legs when thinking of a local idiot (and heavens, how many there have been!) and then---Boom!---land one right in the kisser. He still very much feels this way toward Dennis who, in his estimation and in that of all the Alexian selves, has been and is very much a destructive element in this forum. But I am---and we all are---very aware that there are some who have considered Alex Jacob to be such a destructive element. I mean that more in relation to the TBs (True Believers) of the GF philosophy.

I don't see it that way, myself. I have written very carefully and very thoroughly in good, strong prose on many, many different themes. I also blended in a great deal of humor, both underhanded and 'above board', but there is no one who can set themselves up as my judge, IMO.

No one on this board, now or at any time, has the 'right' to set themselves up as a local police officer and go after another poster. Many have changed their usernames, or had one username at one time and another later. If we are to speak strictly in terms of 'rights' there is no poster who has the right to so disrupt or dominate this forum with such strictly private concerns and issues. I have to say that I did not either 'like' very much the use of such overtly angry language (all the swearing and such). Flaming I guess it is called. When I sent a PM to Tomas it was to say that I did not feel a man's military service is fair game. It was a friendly note, that is all.

I use images of cruelty in the spirit of parody, like a cartoon, like cartoon violence. That was clear from the beginning when TA used it that way. I felt that it was understood among those who were 'insiders' here. This is not in any sense an apology, not for this usage or for anything I have said and done to date. No one here gets to establish themself as Judge. That whole post to Sue was filled with ideas, observations, and arguments. The part about bloody teeth and saliva and all the goop dripping down was...well...just for fun people! Sheeesh... ;-)

Alex Jacob, Alex T. Jacob, Alexis Jacobi, cannot be considered to be 'sockpuppets' or even aliases. They are derivations of the same user name. Duh! There was never any bad faith in the use of these names. There is no apologythat needs to be given about it and none is given. Talking Ass was a deliberate creation and I used this user name independently (that is, non-concurrently) with my Alex-derived names. I posted 5-6 posts with this new user name always in a humoristic vein, with misspellings, dramatic phrasings, a kind of assy sentimentalism, and it was immediately recognized who TA was. Then, to make matters easier for those reading, I listed my real name beside TA's user name, or down in the signature line. It was all great fun, I make no apology for it---and none is required. Just to keep the record straight. Only recently, when I had asked Kevin to activate all the names so I could extract my posts (which I archive for my own purposes) did I then have 4 active user names. I then switched between them, for fun. But since everyone knew exactly who I was, it was not devious, and it was never meant to be so. But even if it had been, there is no one here who can assume the role of cop. Anything, on a forum like this, can and should be discussed or argued, and there are many different ways to carry that out (TA is really the genius of all these methods and he will be studied for years to come), but the recent foray into silly threats about police, the FBI, or perhaps the ancient and terrible spirit of an avenging Sitting Bull and some sort of sorcery with his sacred items---all this ridiculous display by Tomas and his Minor Assitant Dennis---is a very real low on this forum.

Tsk, tsk. There are some naughty boys here!

If there is a 'truth', that is, a truer truth than anything we've heard so far from our North Dakota Hard Bean or the Neo-Buddhist Fruit Cake from Central Australia (Joke, people, joke! Don't call the Law!), you have gotten it in this post. Lucid, straightforward, right on the mark.

If I 'defended' Cousin Basil, I did so with a complete justification.

Everyone posting on this forum now knows, with complete certainty, that Cousinbasil and Brokenhead are two, distinct and different people. This is as true as the fact that you stand upon the Earth!

Can I go now? ;-)

PS: I wish to suggest all over again why it is that humor, irony, parody and sarcasm are the only tools for use at certain junctures. There is a species of moron for whom it is the ONLY appropriate tool! You have witnessed it here for yourself!

[Ohmygod! There are flashing red and blue lights outside my window! A big, Indian-looking cop with mirrored shades! Fuck! I gotta run people! Literally! Hope they got Internet in the clink! If not, I'm shit out of luck!]
Child and singing cradle one
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Very moving.
Brings a tear to the eye.
Bless you.

It was a noble mission after all.
An Agenda of the Highest Nobility.

Can we get on to the main course one day?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Absolutely nothing happens.

and

Cartoon violence = Cartoon violence.

Dressing it up as a Noble Cause is completely irrational.
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

This is going to come hard, I know, so take it in slowly: you, Dennis, are a cartoon. You are two-dimensional in exactly that way. I am not saying this in the spirit of meanness, I only wish for you to understand the use of 'cartoons' and parody. A cartoon is a false being with certain immediately recognizable salient features. Could be funny little boots or perhaps droopy ears or maybe something like a little tin horn. But you always know when the salient points are.manifest who exactly you are dealing with.

In the cartoon you rehearse there is an infinite, a never-ending repetition of the same phrases (which I don't even have to cite now!) and the record.scratches and skips over them time and time.again. It was like that a year ago and it will be like that a year, five years---ten years from now! A cartoon philosophy in a cartoon get-up.

Are you getting now the way 'cartoons' are used by the Alexians?
I can't go on. I'll go on.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Are you getting now the way 'cartoons' are used by the Alexians?
Yes.

Cartoon violence = Cartoon violence.

To dress it up as a Noble Cause is completely delusional.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

But hold on: the Alexians don't do 'Noble Causes'. We leave that cartoonery...to the cartoons. The cartoons see themselves in those, shall we say, cartoon terms. So for example we might have a two dimensional figure acting out a little Buddhist drama that just goes on and on and on. Maybe (in the cartoon, for a rapt audience mind you) he teams up with a one-armed and salty Character from the Black Hills, swinging some antique handcuffs, gettin' the missus in on the Law Enforcement skit, breakin' up a very serious impersonation case...on a forum for geniuses. A class 'A' cartoon will play such a cartoon role to the hilt. But that's what a cartoon' s'posed to do.

You catch my drift? Do you begin to understand how parody is such a useful and wonderful tool? Do you think parody could ever serve the Noble Cause you speak of, hmmmm?
Ni ange, ni bête
Blair

Post by Blair »

ooooh..

The tediously tenacious caricature of Agent Smith strikes back!!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You catch my drift?
Yes.
Useless.

Verbal abuse = Verbal abuse.
It doesn't enrol.
It doesn't transform.

After 6 years and 4,000 posts,
surely you've noticed,
the impact of verbal abuse has amounted to the effect of a snowflake in a furnace.

Blaming the recipient of the abuse for ignoring the abuse is even sillier.

parody stalks any genre.
it's just the natural development.
the parodier is easily parodied as Blair shows.
If you understood emptiness you would find emptiness parodies itself in a sense.

Anyway,
the distinction parody carries the sense of humour, understatedness, subtlety, warmth,
intelligence, indirectness largely.
persistent direct verbal abuse isn't that.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

It doesn't surprise me that you have a hard time understanding humor, irony, parody and sarcasm. I suggest that certain ideas have to be repeated many times before they get past the gate-keeper. This is an oriental idea, I think: For an 'influence' to reach a pig or a fish [the dullest creatures] it has to be steadily repeated. We both stand in that relationship to higher beings, as well as represent a higher being to other, lower beings.

I categorically disagree with your analysis, and I find it derived (i.e. not really your own, and most definitely not one you live in accord with, and so it is hypocritical), as well as wimpy and perhaps also sentimental.

I will start with the following:
  • "Genius is a discussion forum that is passionately dedicated to the nature of Genius, Wisdom and Ultimate Reality and to the total annihilation of false values. It is an unconventional discussion forum suitable only for the brave hearted. It is for those who like their thoughts bloodied and dangerous. That is to say, it is a forum intended solely for men - of either sex. It is sometimes said that genius is "the infinite capacity for giving pain." This is very apt. If one is not deliberately causing pain to the ego, both in oneself and in others, then what is the good of one's life? One might as well not exist at all. It is by challenging and overturning our cosy assumptions, habitual thought-processes, psychological refuges and mental blocks that our minds can be opened up that little bit more to the wisdom of the Infinite."
I suggest that, even though this paragraph may be formed by someone, or a group, who have not yet risen to their own ideal, that it still expresses something essentially masculine, and in this sense important and worthy---necessary. Your wimpiness, a kind of cry-babyism, an endless complaining and stomping of your little feet, is unutterably boring, useless and irritating! I flick you away like a noisy little fly!

It seems to me that you desire, and perhaps imitate, a style of communication that appeases the 'ego'---that is, the puffed-up, stuffed, precocious, half-baked, insistant child---whereas what I am after does not regard this childish ego. I mean that, does not regard. Doesn't see it, doesn't care about it, doesn't speak to it, is not writing for its benefit, doesn't give a flying fuck about it. You see, the way I see things is that IF one ever does say anything that could be considered truthful, that truthful thing may be in effect the most difficult and demanding thing that person has ever heard. It may in fact send you reeling. It may in fact take years to hear it, to process it, to come to terms with it, and MAYBE undertake the internal changes that can come about from that. I have learned that this is, in truth, how LIFE communicates with us, and the more sincere we get in our spiritual life, the more willing we must be to simply deal with that sort of strength and power having its way with us.

I know I have to repeat these things (I wish I didn't) but it is LIFE that is essentially ironical, parodying, and 'sarcastic' with us. It is a terrible little 'devil' who will use any tools to get through to us. 'It' doesn't give a rat's ass about your ego, Dennis.

When I realized that the best things that happened to me were those that had this kind of effect on me, I had to change my relationship to 'pleasure and pain'.

Now, you know that I consider you an extremely mediocre intellect. Your 'spirituality' makes me want to vomit. This is your fate right now, to be that poor. You are stuck in that and won't get out of it (if you do at all) for YEARS. Everything you write and say smacks of mediocrity and yet it just keeps pouring out of you! If I were your mommy or your little buddy or someone of 'Noble Temperment' I would coddle you, humor you, make a fuss over you. But I take a different tack: I tell you exactly what I think hoping---praying!---that I will get the same treatment from you!

A powerful kick right in your teeth is the best I can do for you!

PS: The day that Blair successfully and artfully parodies me, himself or anyone else, will be a day of great jubilation! He is actually about 6 full levels of stupidity and uselessness below you! Now THAT is fucking useless you gotta admit... :-)

Our Connection.(Just for fun).
Ni ange, ni bête
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Verbal abuse= Verbal abuse.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Truth = Truth

It's the only thing that can get through...
Ni ange, ni bête
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Many Masters have used verbal abuse to shake up their students...even physical abuse...
Western students are wimps.

I don't give a flying fuck how many sockpuppets anyone has...such a trivial obsession to have.

Dennis......do you talk in RL how you write ?
I wish you would speak here,how you talk in RL.
Sorry.

There's a lot of truth in what Alex says.....

Being real is how we learn.

_/\_
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

And Alex..........about those "levels" you imagine........we're ALL equal.
Cause everything is dependant on everything else to exist.
We exist equaLLY AS EMPTINESS....ALL is empty of inherent existence.
Nothing can exist on it's own accord.
Causes and conditions create "reality".
Nothing is outside of this reality.
It is all the same thing.

Form = Emptiness
Emptiness = Form

A=A

Now I'm starting to sound like Dennis....lol
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i wanna delete everything i type.
i hate this.
fuck.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Does that mean 'throw a tantrum'?
Spill your guts?
Complain?
Gossip?
Wreak emotional havoc?
Be a 2 year old?
Get upset?

It's empty.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

So, anyway Kunga.
What we've got from the Master Alex which you appear to have inferred about him because he uses verbal abuse. A spurious connection I think.

Alex's World.

Top of the Totem Pole sits the Master Alex.
There are many levels on the Totem pole existing as rungs below the Alexian Level of Utmost Perfection.

It's now Alexis' task to hurl abuse at those occupying the lower rungs, a task he commits to on a daily basis.

to disabuse them of any idea that they may actually know anything,
to show them their place in the order of things,
to free them of any delusion whatsoever they may have as to the Utmost Perfection of the glorious Master Alex.
to have them bow before their glorious Commander.

Is that being Real?
Is that how we learn?

Alex's World is pretty much the same World as the ex-wife's World.

It's empty.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
Does that mean 'throw a tantrum'?
Spill your guts?
Complain?
Gossip?
Wreak emotional havoc?
Be a 2 year old?
Get upset?

It's empty.

Yeah, it means just be yourself....by being yourself, warts and all, you can learn what needs to be worked on. If you hide behind some
pretentious facade , you're only fooling yourself.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Dennis Mahar wrote:What we've got from the Master Alex which you appear to have inferred about him because he uses verbal abuse. A spurious connection I think.
The only connection is that it REMINDED me of how some Buddhist Masters are. Intension is everything. A Buddhist Masters intensions are only to wake the student up...not some sick mental illness or demon possession.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Yeah, it means just be yourself....by being yourself, warts and all, you can learn what needs to be worked on. If you hide behind some
pretentious facade , you're only fooling yourself.
You are implying I'm warty.
Therefore I don't qualify as a pretentious facade.
Here I am warts and all in my brand of wartiness.
Show me where I've claimed perfection of myself.
you can learn what needs to be worked on

To what end?
To fit what exactly?
To please who exactly?
Who is holding the tape measure?
Is it about wart cleaning?
A Beauty Parade?

Nevertheless it's a philosophy forum investigating ultimate reality.

Is yourself empty?
You seem to be saying Yourself exists from it's own side,
that Yourself isn't causes/conditions.
not some sick mental illness
Alex thinks the entity 'GF person' is a sick mental condition.

That it has the properties heartless, uncaring, sadistic.

In his attempt to fix the GF person,
he speaks to the 'GF person',
using the properties he despises about his concept of the GF person.

The logic is appalling.
As Pam mentioned once,
the accuser is being the accusation that the accuser is accusing the accused of.

That's what I'm confronting Alex with.
His using of the properties he imagines the entity 'GF person' exists as.

In my workday world yesterday I committed 3 separate acts of kindness I didn't have to, that cost me time, that had me going out of my way, that had me getting home late...
my causes/conditions have me doing that..
It's unavoidable...
Alex doesn't know me from a bar of soap.

Verbal abuse=Verbal abuse.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I might add.
It's a philosophy forum discussing ultimate reality.
It's not untoward,
It's not inappropriate,
to be emphasising emptiness...
Where else would you discuss it but in a forum dedicated to it?
Do you think it would fit better at the Serenity Waters Country Club for the aspiring executive?

not emphasising emptiness and the ramifications of emptiness,
in a forum dedicated to it,

would clearly be hiding behind some
pretentious facade
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I've quoted David and/or Dan a few times from their intro: about 'pain to the ego', a willingness to 'get bloody'. A kind of relationship to knowledge that translates into real action. It would be quite fine if you did NOT agree with those formulations, but I am curious, specifically, what you think of them. Is it possible to get it from you in 'conventional prose'?
Ni ange, ni bête
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It's probably ineffective to respond.
You'll probably twist this to suit yourself.

You have failed to distinguish ego.
That conditioned part of human being that grasps, that attaches to others and things fearfully to get by in Life.
The self-serving, inauthentic, lying, manipulating part.
That part is refuted.
That part is uncovered, revealed and grown away from.

There is another aspect of human being.
It's possibility to access the being of human beings and all beings.
To realise True Nature.
Human Being realising its True Nature.

If someone is declaring their joy, compassion and enthusiasm for realising True Nature.
You Alex, sitting in your machinery,
decide it's Ego,
and begin a long campaign to smash it.
Shame, ridicule, torment, derision, cynicism, parody.

Wrong target buddy.
Totally lacking distinction.
Totally misunderstood.

A Master will put psychological pressure on a human being, if that human shows it is willing to listen and learn. If the human is not willing to listen and learn the task is let go.
Most importantly,
the Master will nurture and encourage that human as it develops.
That relationship is a joy to partake of and witness.
To see recognition dawning in a human face is remarkable.

On the one hand Nurture,
On the other hand, psychological pressure.

Once the 'grok' occurs the Master/Student go their own way.

please distinguish the being of human being from the ego.
or at least acknowledge its possibility for human being.

Give it a rest anyway.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I don't discount 'ego', though I do take issue with the use of the word 'ego'. Some of the most pychologically dangerous people are those who operate in a realm of condemning ego (which is often 'self' as in your case: a negation of self) and who 'install' a thinking system with which they view in a limited way ALL phenomena of life. What I find intolerable in your formulations is the operation of this limiting.and limited system.

I find you at the core sentimentalist. What you wrote above is a sentimentalist projection of how it 'should' be. You get offended when it is not carried out according to your pre-conceived rules. You will go on and.on about meaninglessness.and.valuelessness and emptiness, but then one notes a very clear formulation that is none of that.

What I reject in you is the contradiction.

To follow through logically on your formulations, there would be nothing to defend, nothing to oppose, nothing to say. One would just go silent. But there is very very clearly an 'ego' (as you define it, which conception traps you) who clammors, insists, teams up with others, reacts.

Give it a rest? I will remind you (without reproach necessarily) that for months you followed me around, posting 'corrections', taking upon yourself the role of junior policeman of neo-Buddhism and so forth. Egolessness? Come now...

The pseudo-Buddhism of most if not all Western practitioners seems to me
Essentially flawed. It's like putting on someone else's robes, getting decked in someone else's get up.
essemtially flawed

To follow through on the logic of
Ni ange, ni bête