What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: What is Love? Or did we do this before?

Post by Tomas »

divine focus wrote:
Shahrazad wrote:Romantic love sucks. It will come to an end and you will pay a price for it.
It's free. No debts.

Half and half is one.
One should know, without any shadow of doubt, that what was before is now gone, there are no rules left for anyone, anymore .. only those who truly know the truth will survive.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

cousinbasil wrote:
Nick Treklis wrote:I think if you wanted to blog about your personal life you should have gone somewhere else.
Fuck you, Nick. I try to keep my personal shit out of this forum. But some of us have lives.
What?

Us?

Lives .. in the plural??!

So brokenhead has a life and cousinbasil has a life... talk about some real life genius, whoa!!

Will the real 'us' [fill in the blank] Disorder please speak up.

Split personality complex. One is in Idaho and the other in the Garment District.
Don't run to your death
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Hi Thomas, it is easy to make identity mistakes. I know, I've done it. I have been in communication with both BH and CB for the last year and I assure you they are different people. Different email addresses, located in different cities. (Myself, I used to think Ryan and Nick were the same person). If you look closer at their posts (BH and CB) you'll note wide differences.
Child and singing cradle one
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:Hi Thomas, it is easy to make identity mistakes. I know, I've done it. I have been in communication with both BH and CB for the last year and I assure you they are different people. Different email addresses, located in different cities. (Myself, I used to think Ryan and Nick were the same person). If you look closer at their posts (BH and CB) you'll note wide differences.
Oh sure. I'm gonna believe someone who says they're leaving yet you always come back with a new moniker and now, an alibi for someone else.

Hmmm, both brokie and basil took in a teen runaway? What a coincidence for Genius Forum!

Both brokie and basil mention they had an ex-girlfriend when that teen runaway was taken in...

Look it up yourself. Type in a word search for 'brokenhead' ditto for 'cousinbasil'. Teen runaway one has a mother of the runaway included same for girlfriend. All bets are off if they edit out but check for editing date.

I'm not criticizing that "they" nurtured the fellow human down on their luck, mind you.

Mince words all you like. "They" are the same person. I've shared this with a couple other people before your latest return here. Brokie/basil employ the same phrases etc. Basil shows up like familiar territory. His usual prejudices show up like before.

I have plenty more regarding the brokie/basil you blowhard.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

The Blowhard Alex

Post by Tomas »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:Hi Thomas, it is easy to make identity mistakes. I know, I've done it. I have been in communication with both BH and CB for the last year and I assure you they are different people. Different email addresses, located in different cities. (Myself, I used to think Ryan and Nick were the same person). If you look closer at their posts (BH and CB) you'll note wide differences.
Here you go, blowhard.

Cousin Basil:
Define Gender Gap? Look Up Wikipedia's Contributor List http://www.theabsolute.net/phpBB/viewto ... =10&t=6271

Uncle Brokie:
What do you think about future society?
http://www.theabsolute.net/phpBB/viewto ... =10&t=4038

You know what, blowhard? I'm even gonna call up the threads specifics. A couple old threads will show up.

BTW - Even Brokie/Basil is a Good Samaritan. He helped out a young person (a fellow human) in need. He walked into the ditch and helped this child-girl out of that ditch. Every waking moment is the Sabbath.

Brokie/Basil can hold his head high that he helped out a young'n.

What the fuck have you done lately?
Don't run to your death
Alexis Jacobi

Re: The Blowhard Alex

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Have you considered an examination of the undercurrent of your anger, Tomas?
Tomas

Re: The Blowhard Alex

Post by Tomas »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:Have you considered an examination of the undercurrent of your anger, Tomas?
Brokie/Basil still sticking with the storyline you fronted?
Don't run to your death
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Different email addresses, located in different cities.
Well, Brokenhead did announce moving to a different state. Didn't he tell you in your private conversations? Odd.

I understand Tomas his frustration. To see people playing hide and seek with changing usernames, wavering on forum participation, announcing leaving and coming (stealth or not) indicates without much doubt (and only real life experience learns this) and beyond any possible intelligent content there might be that one is dealing with an immature or underdeveloped psyche. And it's somewhat ironic that it are as a rule these very same disturbed people who aim at downgrading the forum or their participants. After the zillionth time the schtick gets tiring and Tomas seems to have had it this time.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Ya think? I read it quite differently. You seem to have projected into Tomas your own 'divination' (par for the course, naturally). Too, Tomas is quite capable of his own 'downgrading'. Perhaps we all share that knack? ;-)
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Diebert wrote:To see people playing hide and seek with changing usernames, wavering on forum participation, announcing leaving and coming (stealth or not) indicates without much doubt (and only real life experience learns this) and beyond any possible intelligent content there might be that one is dealing with an immature or underdeveloped psyche.
Wavering on forum participation? Perhaps you should try that. Some of us have a life outside of GF.
And it's somewhat ironic that it are as a rule these very same disturbed people who aim at downgrading the forum or their participants.
Since you are obviously aiming your nonsense at me, perhaps you could show me an example where I have "downgraded" this forum? Or it's participants, other than yourself? You - the one who put the "piss" back in Pisifera.
Diebert van Rhijn

cousinbasil wrote:Wavering on forum participation? Perhaps you should try that. Some of us have a life outside of GF.
Do "you all" really? Anyway with wavering I meant "to move unsteadily back and forth" and all in the context of abandoning accounts and signing up with different names again or other dramatic turns. And I was not even thinking primarily about your persona when I wrote that but I suppose you might qualify easily if Tomas his observations are indeed correct.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Diebert wrote:And I was not even thinking primarily about your persona when I wrote that but I suppose you might qualify easily if Tomas his observations are indeed correct.
This is a favorite shtick of yours, Diebert, which no one buys. You issue an innuendo with an obvious target ot targets, then when the intended target responds, you say, "Oh, I really didn't have you in mind when I said that, but you seem to think it fits you, so I suppose it could be taken that way..."

You are full of shit as usual. And who knows what Tomas is babbling about. I suppose when you get old you become more prone to tilt at windmills.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Diebert never liked that I switched between Alex Jacob and Alex T. Jacob. When Talking Ass came clip-clopping in it was the 'last straw' in a barnyard of madness. Well, it's understandable. I think Talking Ass is just a bad animal (though TA announded he was AJ and ATJ). Diebert, what do you think about Alexis Jacobi? Is he immature and unerdeveloped of psyche too?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

brokenhead wrote:
prince wrote:
brokenhead wrote:OK, that's fine by me. How is it that I am supposed to get humiliated? I make the move, my life turns to shit? My life is about to get better, you loser. I'll tell you what happens. You're on.
Go ahead, tell "us" how your life is going, one day at a time.

I bet you wont, I bet you aren't up to the challenge.

You will humiliate yourself, you already are.
I am up to any challenge your silly little mind can dream up, Prince. And I have no intention of blogging. That's too much effort. But I will resurrect this thread with updates if none of the Triune Godhead that is QRS decides to delete it.

How am I humiliating myself, Prince? Exactly? By making my life better?

Like I said. You're on.
Famous last words of Uncle Brokie .. will resurrect the thread. Well, holy cow!

"You're on." he writes...

I dunno Blair, do you really think a loser like "Uncle" Brokie has the masculine balls to come back and update "us" with the goodies, maybe Alex Jacob could but he's probably lost touch with the deadbeat, too.

But then again, maybe I'm just "babbling" like this "Cousin" Basil says.

Huh, it's kinda strange though how this Uncle and Cousin employ the words "shit" and "curious" in scads of their posts. Type in *cousinbasil* and look how many times 'shit' is used AND in what context. Ditto for "curious".

The same goes for *brokenhead* and the words shit and curious and the context used.

No graduate degrees needed for that.

Babbling, indeedy!!
Don't run to your death
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Tomas wrote:But then again, maybe I'm just "babbling" like this "Cousin" Basil says.
Babble away. Seems pretty important to you. Far be it from me to try snatching an old shoe away from a dog. Men can get gossipy too in their dotage, it seems. I'll say this for you: putting cousin in quotes gave me a good laugh. I will let you in on a secret: I am, in fact, a cousin!
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

I see that Tomas stopped posting after a cousinbasil's critique. But it is not like this is a popularity contest. Isn't it, Tomas?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Tomas wrote:I dunno Blair, do you really think a loser like "Uncle" Brokie
Brokie/Basil can hold his head high

Boy, you are just all over the place with judging people, aren't you? One minute this person is a loser, the next he can hold his head up high. Apparently you think your opinion matters, that this brokenhead - if that is his real name - should check with you, Tomas, to see if it's okay to hold his head up.

BTW, I noticed that Dan Rowden often uses the word consciousness in his posts, and so does Kevin. And they never seem to participate in the same thread at the same time. Hmmmm. You don't think...?
Diebert van Rhijn

cousinbasil wrote: One minute this person is a loser, the next he can hold his head up high.
Tomas should indeed have his head examined. Why would he believe one word of any Good Samaritan story from someone who hasn't got the balls or basic human decency to interact with others using one identity?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Now that you've returned to get down on a pleasant fellow such as Bob... And, (as an added bonus) maybe Dennis Mahar will pop up to see if he's willing to ask brokenhead's alter-ego 'cousinbasil' to retake the stand.

I'll tell you what, I'll show the similarities of brokenhead/cousinbasil if you are so interested. It's odd that you would be ever so quick to jump to brokenhead's defense. That alone raised red flags considering all of your past names here. However, he is your only cheerleader, here.

It's somewhat indicative of past drug use (specifically cocaine) or psychiatric issues...

PS - Alex, you can be interesting but when you go off on the long-winded posts you lose direction. Your writer's block is that you have too many pans in the same fire. As a result more here (of the old-timers) have indicated they just skim your posts... except for your writing nemesis, Diebert.

Cut out the fluff, dude.

Dogs return to their vomit. Ready for the similarities?
Don't run to your death
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Cut out the fluff, dude.
Your mother wears army boots.
Dogs return to their vomit.
Well, you sure seem to keep coming back to the same spot.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Oh man of multiple membership accounts...

Whaddya think that both Brokenhead and Cousinbasil have been managers of Asian oriental art galleries in New York City?

Here are the threads:
"Intuition and the Wordless Nerve" Cousinbasil writes: For a number of years I managed a major Asian art gallery in NYC...

"baby goes home" thread: Brokenhead writes: I used to manage a major oriental art gallery in New York and the term "Asian"...
Mere coincidence?

Thanks (as you noted above) that I should look closer (to) the 'wide differences'. I've done that and rest assured will continue to do so ;-)

REQUEST: Please respond as Talking Ass or Alex T. Jacob but not Alex Jacob those would confuse the reader and it makes it that much more surreal, the two of you. Er, Brokie/Basil, that is. But you two, um three, or is it four member accounts. Maybe five?

PS - Any more emails from Brokie?

PPS - Good to see that you're 'in communication' with the two of them the past year. Your 'assurances' go a long way in not resolving this.
Last edited by Tomas on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:I see that Tomas stopped posting after a cousinbasil's critique. But it is not like this is a popularity contest. Isn't it, Tomas?
Geez, Bobo. I barely have time to run an errand for an old buddy, brush these set of teeth .. some six months have passed by. Pace yourself!

Are you referring to Brokenhead? Uncle Basil is kinda like Barack Obama's long form birth certificate. In the small business that I run, I hire help as I need. People apply and I run a background check. It's no different here. Some new member starts talking and if some familiarities show up I use the Genius search engine and type in a few words. On Cousinbasil, some ouch words showed, so then ran Brokenhead through the Genius meat grinder and similarities began cropping up. So one puts a few feelers on Cousinbasil and his old self Brokenhead shines through. The dude Cousinbasil denies (like Peter in the Bible) knowing - or better put as - admitting Authorship of Brokenhead. So one turns the screws a bit more and press ever more, the denials .. as of now, here they set for all to see.

Saturday the 14th, one week ago, Cousinbasil over on Worldly Forums, a thread titled presently: 'Harry Reid's Mob Connections' Cousinbasil says that I haven't brought up any Brokie/Basil comparisons the past couple weeks .. so he steps into Uncle Dote's thread that he'd been a store manager of oriental Asian arts in New York City blah bla...

So did Brokie. My oh my.

So here he spills his emotions... delusions more denials like Peter.

All Brokie/Basil need do (to end this) is either admit openly .. or send me a PM and all is forgotten...
Don't run to your death
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I have recently been inclined to think "it is empty & meaningless" but that phrase may have a copyright...

Instead: a little Whitman...

'Aware now that amid all that blab whose echoes recoil upon me I
have not once had the least idea who or what I am,
But that before all my arrogant poems the real Me stands yet
untouch'd, untold, altogether unreach'd,
Withdrawn far, mocking me with mock-congratulatory signs
and bows,
With peals of distant ironical laughter at every word I have
written,
Pointing in silence to these songs, and then to the sand beneath.

I perceive I have not really understood any thing, not a single
object, and that no man ever can,
Nature here in sight of the sea taking advantage of me to dart
upon me and sting me,
Because I have dared to open my mouth to sing at all.'
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Alexis, cool stuff! I am also a reader of Whitman and each time I encounter him I see more clearly how he expresses a crazy, unrestrained, unified joy (if that is the word) in the experience of life.

I like this line:

'I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.

I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.

You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
But it shall be good health to you nevertheless,
And filter and fibre your blood.

Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
Missing me one place search another,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.'
Ni ange, ni bête
Alex T. Jacob

Post by Alex T. Jacob »

Gentlemen! Both very nice selections. I find it quite coincidental that all of us (how many are there? can the number be known?) share this love of poetry, which is to say song, litany, psalm, paternoster, hymn, sermon, sutra, benediction, or even perhaps obituary...

And as Tomas, like the Thomas of old, refuses to believe without direct, physical evidence, chooses to situate all this (including I gather Obama, America's decline, and so much more) in a kind of Biblical framework of 'truth-telling'...

...I thought to include here a poem that also situated itself within this theme:
  • Transfiguration
    by Mark Jarman

And there appeared to them Elijah and Moses
    and they were talking to Jesus.

---Mark 9:2

They were talking to him about resurrection, about law, about
    the suffering ahead.
    They were talking as if to remind him who he was and who they
    were. He was not
    Like his three frieds watching a little way off, not like the crowd
    At the foot of the hill. A gray-green thunderhead massed from
    the sea
    And God spoke from it and said he was his. They were talking
    About how the body, broken or burned, could live again,
    remade.
    Only the fiery text of the thunderhead could explain it. And they
    were talking
    About the pain and the need for judgment and how he would make
    himself
    A law of pain, both its spirit and its letter in his own flesh, and
    then break it,
    That is, transcend it. His clothes flared like magnesium, as they
    talked.

When we brought our mother to him, we said. "Lord, she falls
    down the stairs.
    She cannot hold her water. In the afternoon she forgets the
    morning."
    And he said, "All things are possible to those who believe. Shave her head,
    Insert a silicone tube inside her skull, and run it under her scalp,
    Down her neck, and over her collarbone, and lead it into her
    stomach."
    And we did and saw that she no longer stumbled or wet herself.
    She could remember the morning until the evening came. And
    we went our way,
    Rejoicing as much as we could, for we had worried many years.

They were talking to him about heaven, how all forms there
    are luciform,
    How the leather girdle and the matted hair, how the lice
    coursing the skin
    And the skin skinned alive, blaze in perfection, the vibrance of
    light.
    And they were talking about the complexities of blood and
    lymph,
    Each component crowding the vessels, the body and the
    antibody,
    And they were talking about the lamp burning in the skull's
    niche,
    The eyes drinking light from within and light from without,
    And how simple it is to see the future, if you looked at it like the
    past,
    And how present belonged to the flesh and its density and
    darkness
    And was hard to talk about. Before and after were easier. They
    talked about light.

A man came to him who said he had been blind since his
    wedding day
    And had never seen his wife under the veil or the children she
    had given him.
    And the Lord said, "tell me about your parents." And the man
    talked
    A long time, remembering how his mother cut his father's meat
    at dinner,
    And how at night their voices crept along his bedroom ceiling,
    like----
    But he could not say what they were like. And in the morning,
    everything began to tick
    And ticked all day as if ... Now, he remembered!
    And suddenly his sight came back and blinded him, like a
    flashbulb.

They were talking to him about law and how lawgiving should be
    Like rainfall, a light rain falling all morning and mixing with
    dew---
    A rain that passes through the spiderweb and penetrates the dirt
    clod
    Without melting it, a persistant, suffusing shower, soaking
    clothes,
    Making sweatshirts heavier, wool stink, and finding every hair's
    root on your scalp.
    And that is when you hurled judgment into the crowd and
    watched them
    Spook like cattle, reached in and stirred the turmoil faster,
    scarier.
    And they were saying that; to save the best, many must be
    punished,
    Including the best. And no one was exempt, as they explained it,
    Not themselves, not him, or anyone he loved, anyone who loved
    him.

Take anyone and plant a change inside them that they feel
    And send them to an authority to assess that feeling.
    When they are told
    That for them alone there waits a suffering in accordance with
    the laws
    Of their condition, from which they may recover or may not,
    Then they know the vortex on the mountaintop, and inside of
    the unspeakable,
    The speechlessness before the voices began talking to them,
    Talking to prepare them, arm them and disarm them, until the
    end.
    And if anyone's looking, they will seem transfigured.

I want to believe he talked back to them, his radiant
    companions,
    And I want to believe he said too much was being asked and too
    much promised.
    I want to believe that that was why he shone in the eyes of his
    friends,
    The witnesses looking on, because he spoke for them, because
    he loved them
    And was embarrassed to learn how he and they were going to
    suffer.
    I want to believe he resisted at that moment, when he appeared
    glorified,
    Because he could not reconcile the contradictions and suspected
    That love had a finite span and was merely the comfort of the
    lost.
    I know he must have acceded to his duty, but I want to believe
    He was transfigured by resistance, as he listened, and they talked.
I can't go on. I'll go on.