Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dennis Mahar

Re: Intuition and the Wordless Nerve

Post by Dennis Mahar »

What I mean Pam is a situation persists when there's a lie in there.
When the lie is found out, the situation collapses.
It was held in place by the lie.
The truth 'solves' it.
The way forward is freshened, new, carried out in a new light.

Existence is a lie relative to absolute.
Catching the lie of relative existence discloses absolute.
Reason catches the lie and nips it in the bud so inordinate suffering is avoided.

Human being is a context with contents.
The contents like art are trivial.
The spotlight turns to Context.
Who, what am I?

The fact that existence and the things of existence are like 'moons in water'.
existence as 'situation',
existence as an Event.
dreamlike.
is best endured or embraced (mood) as a stunning absence of meaning.
there is no intrinsic meaning except for the meaning that is painted on it.
The lie is that it has meaning.
Case closed.

The truth about the greek statue is that it has no value at all.
It only has a value crafted on to it by a meaning maker.

Therefore human being is meaning maker.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Quit sqealing basil.
you got sprung. fair enough?
the past is the past.
nevernomind.
the air is clear now.
Hey, download IEspell, will you?

Don't give me the air is clear BS. It is fetid with the stench of Tomas' small mindedness. If it's so fucking clear, what will you say the next time your new butt-buddy recycles his own flatulence once again? Let's se who brings it up again.

READ THE FUCKING FORUM. Find out where the ill-will trail began. Then we'll talk. Talk about ideas, not personalities, which is this asshole's apparent forte.

Hey Tomas - you will never get rid of me, Fuck-Face. You don't even know how to pronounce forte.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

What I mean Pam is a situation persists when there's a lie in there.
The truth 'solves' it.
So your life is truly better now. God help you.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Dennis Mahar wrote:The Universe is composed of matter, energy, space and time,
and significance.

Guess who provides significance?

Human Being.

I don't care if a vase is Tang, tong ting greek or belgian.
doesn't matter if it's fresh or ancient.
It's a collection of molecules,
a collection of atoms,
a collection of sub atomic particles,
a collection of signifiers that leads to nothing.

Human Being is a Context.
Meaning Maker.
In the bullshit business.
You should examin what drives the human to provide meaning and the 'numbers' behind that mechanism, the moon in the water may or not be an absolute imagining, but we shouldn't cast it aside, the moon lets us travel, an endless journey.
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Brokenback wrote:
the past is the past.
nevernomind.
the air is clear now.

Don't give me the air is clear BS. It is fetid with the stench of Tomas' small mindedness. If it's so fucking clear, what will you say the next time your new butt-buddy recycles his own flatulence once again? Let's se who brings it up again.READ THE FUCKING FORUM. Find out where the ill-will trail began. Then we'll talk. Talk about ideas, not personalities, which is this asshole's apparent forte.

Hey Tomas - you will never get rid of me, Fuck-Face. You don't even know how to pronounce forte.
There are two e's in see.

Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

No one wants to get rid of you basil.
Wisdom:
when we pracice to deceive, what a tangled web we weave.

I've never met and there's no one here that has not fallen away from that wisdom at some point.
You are not alone.

It takes a tenacious Sherlock, in this case Tomas, to unravel the tangle.
Tomas' skilfull means ought to be acknowledged.

It's over. The air is clear.

The possibility now is brothers in Wisdom and Reason.
a possibility that could be richly endowed by you now the situation is resolved.

Agreed?

Signed,
In admiration of some of the things you say.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

You should examin what drives the human to provide meaning and the 'numbers' behind that mechanism, the moon in the water may or not be an absolute imagining, but we shouldn't cast it aside, the moon lets us travel, an endless journey.
empty is empty.
when you solve a puzzle, it's empty.
an unsolved puzzle is suffering.
driver?
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Dennis Mahar wrote:old men send the boys to war.

and bullshitters make and peddle art,
dwell intuitively,
captured by trinkets.

welcome to the machine.

Brilliant.

Is this your own, or T.S. Eliot, or whom?
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

cousinbasil wrote:
Dennis Mahar wrote:
excellent storyteller
You've caught them out as liars and cheats Tomas.
well done!

bullshit artists.
Tomas - looks like you finally got the butt-buddy you've wanted for so long. Once again, you are ignorant, you think you are clever, and your arm is still in a sling from patting yourself on the back.

And you Dennis, you are such a phony. You hypocrite. Everything is fucking meaningless except an old man's gossip and misguided personal vendettas. That's right - sit on your loathsome bloody arse and judge people who have actually done something with their lives.
old men send the boys to war.

and bullshitters make and peddle art,
dwell intuitively,
captured by trinkets.

welcome to the machine.
You are too lazy to use capital letters or form complete sentences. It's no wonder you are too lazy to find meaning in anything. I "geddit." I "grok." You are a bag of hot air who is threatened by ideas and by life itself.

Tomas I almost don't mind your ravings because although you accuse me of being a sock-puppet, you are more two-faced than any sock puppet. You suck up to authority (the way you drill your tongue up QRS ass-cracks)but will attack just about anyone else. The service makes people that way. Maybe being forced to kill at a young age does this to people. I never killed anyone, so I don't know. You get a mulligan for being the twisted creep that you are. But you would think you would get tired making a point that nobody gives a shit about. Oh, but not you. Sad to see that an old man spends so much time trying so hard to gossip about people he doesn't even know.
You got it right there, boss - Tomas is such a rectum attendant it is not true!!
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:What I mean Pam is a situation persists when there's a lie in there.
The truth 'solves' it.

Existence is a lie relative to absolute.
Catching the lie of relative existence discloses absolute.
Reason catches the lie and nips it in the bud so inordinate suffering is avoided.

Human being is a context with contents.
The contents like art are trivial.
The spotlight turns to Context.
Who, what am I?

The fact that existence and the things of existence are like 'moons in water'.
existence as 'situation',
existence as an Event.
dreamlike.
is best endured or embraced (mood) as a stunning absence of meaning.
there is no intrinsic meaning except for the meaning that is painted on it.
The lie is that it has meaning.
Case closed.

The truth about the greek statue is that it has no value at all.
It only has a value crafted on to it by a meaning maker.

Therefore human being is meaning maker.
It is also true for me that what you call the best endured or embraced mood, which I call the righteous view of infinite awareness, is absence of meaning. However, it is also true for me that such an awareness is impossible to sustain in every moment of being intellectually sentient; human thinking continues even when one has seen through its dead-end, self righteous ways.

I have found, for me, that the only Way I can live in the recycling world of the 'meaning machine' is by Being the Meaning of Meaning's death, which has a language of Meaning all its own.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

However, it is also true for me that such an awareness is impossible to sustain in every moment of being intellectually sentient; human thinking continues even when one has seen through its dead-end, self righteous ways.
Existence persists and demands a response.
Your response is your stand.
You can't get out of the way.
Nowhere to hide.
Nowhere to run.
It's full on.
the endless pilgrimage of sentience.
fast flowing river.
I have found, for me, that the only Way I can live in the recycling world of the 'meaning machine' is by Being the Meaning of Meaning's death, which has a language of Meaning all its own.
A way of Being.
A who you are Being.
An enlightened 'conveyance' negotiating rapids?
not completely rudderless.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Existence persists and demands a response.
Your response is your stand.
You can't get out of the way.
Nowhere to hide.
Nowhere to run.
It's full on.
the endless pilgrimage of sentience.
fast flowing river.
There is always Interpretation, this is so, but Interpretation is not always sentient. The depth of one's understanding of this dictates their ability not to return to sentient awareness, not only for their sake, but for the sake of all sentient beings. Remember the Ground and spontaneous presence mentioned in Kunga's link? The spontaneous presence is sentient, the appearance of time, distance, space and matter; the Ground is not. Without this wisdom of Interpretation of Ground that is beyond sense, but which emanates sense interpretation into existence, the cycle of rebirth continues. Was this not the depth of the Buddha's wisdom, to release sentient beings from the cycle of birth and death? Since you have determined that contents are trivial, that they are but the bullshit of the machine of man's sentient meaning, is it not hell for you to think that this BS is an endless pilgrimage?

The purest logical realization a man can have is that it is illogical to be sentient.
Pam: I have found, for me, that the only Way I can live in the recycling world of the 'meaning machine' is by Being the Meaning of Meaning's death, which has a language of Meaning all its own.
Dennis: A way of Being.
A who you are Being.
An enlightened 'conveyance' negotiating rapids?
not completely rudderless.
I know what is my rudder; what is yours?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

I, Dennis, exist.
dependant on mind/body and causes/conditions as wide as the Universe.
I, Dennis, exist for the time being.
I, Dennis, exist as a piece/part of a Totality, a living process.
My job is to break thru' suffering and live intelligently.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

cousinbasil wrote:
the past is the past.
nevernomind.
the air is clear now.

Don't give me the air is clear BS. It is fetid with the stench of Tomas' small mindedness. If it's so fucking clear, what will you say the next time your new butt-buddy recycles his own flatulence once again? Let's se who brings it up again.

READ THE FUCKING FORUM. Find out where the ill-will trail began. Then we'll talk. Talk about ideas, not personalities, which is this asshole's apparent forte.

Woah! So are you Brokenhead or not? I wouldn't know who Brokenhead is if I didn't see a discussion between him/you and Kevin Solway while browsing the forum.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
I, Dennis, exist.
dependant on mind/body and causes/conditions as wide as the Universe.
I, Dennis, exist for the time being.
I, Dennis, exist as a piece/part of a Totality, a living process.
My job is to break thru' suffering and live intelligently.
What is existence?

What is a cause?

What is suffering?

What is intelligence?

What is the living process of a Totality?

What is the relationship between the wide Universe and a Totality?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Talking Ass wrote:I managed a gallery in mid-town Manhatten from 1987-1991. Our thrust was Japanese art but we also sold many many different styles and traditions of Asian art. You sell what you can sell. There was another guy who posted around the time that I first signed on who managed a gallery in the NY area, but he didn't say what style of art he sold and if it was in Manhatten. I have a few emails into brokenhead (believe me, for otherthe reasons!) but have not heard back for a couple of weeks. Stranger coincidences have occurred. David worked in a gallery in Melbourne actually.

Cousin, please pm me, I am really curious to know where you worked!
Dennis,

Is this the post (you may have been referring to) where one of Alex's sockpuppets left Brokenhead/Cousinbasil 'hung out to dry'?

If not for Jupiviv posting today, I wouldn't have understood your 'hung out to dry' lexicon.

And a warm PS - Tomas is finding the Beatnic-poetry somewhat more resourceful to understanding what Movi-ways (Pam) is "musing" about. If not for your de-ciphering ability I'd have to be on LSD or peyote to figure her predications out. Her subjective mannerisms lose me.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

jupiviv wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:
the past is the past.
nevernomind.
the air is clear now.

Woah! So are you Brokenhead or not? I wouldn't know who Brokenhead is if I didn't see a discussion between him/you and Kevin Solway while browsing the forum.
Bigger whoa! Last Sunday, he PMd me as Cousinbasil (after an Alex sockpuppet had earlier PMd) me, asking (me) why I hadn't PMd him first! Who was I supposed to PM? Brokenhead or his sockpuppet Cousinbasil...

There are, at least six sockpuppets (Alex says maybe seven) usernames between them.

Which begs the question .. why would I PM (them) when that would only make me an ancillary conspirator to the rest of you. Kinda like a confidential agreement to keep the Admin (Dan) in the dark thus making any:
Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment - devoid of inherent meaning.
Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Tomas,

Is the 'brokie is basil' question back in doubt again after Jupiviv's post?
Is the case you've argued merely circumstantial?
Not yet proved beyond all reasonable doubt?

If the case is proved, Alex has muddied the waters and hung bas out to dry by exacerbating and prolonging the situation that required clarity, ie, bearing false witness.

The point is.
Flowery language, clever wordsmithing etc. is not 'where it's at'.
'Who you are being' is where it's at.
'Where you are coming from' is where it's at.

Help or Hinder is the Context.

Aiding and abetting a confusion is hindering.

Whatever 'they' say about you Tomas,
your locus is to clear up confusion.
to set it right,
to have the situation 'in integrity'.
Sorted out.
For people to be straightforward in their dealings with each other.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Tomas wrote: Bigger whoa! Last Sunday, he PMd me as Cousinbasil (after an Alex sockpuppet had earlier PMd) me, asking (me) why I hadn't PMd him first! Who was I supposed to PM? Brokenhead or his sockpuppet Cousinbasil...

There are, at least six sockpuppets (Alex says maybe seven) usernames between them.

Which begs the question .. why would I PM (them) when that would only make me an ancillary conspirator to the rest of you. Kinda like a confidential agreement to keep the Admin (Dan) in the dark thus making any:
Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment - devoid of inherent meaning.
I'm not sure that you are using the word sockpuppet consistently here. Alex is know to be Alex. Cousinbasil and Brokenhead never posted together.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex had four usernames. All active.

Cousinbasil/Brokenhead have two active usernames.

None of the above have not been deactivated by the Admin.

Guess what?
Don't run to your death
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Wikipedia policy on sockpuppets, see Wikipedia:Sock puppetry

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term—a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock—originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an internet community who spoke to, or about himself while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other uses of misleading online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a third party or organization.[2] A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[3] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer.

The term "sockpuppet" was used as early as July 9, 1993[4] but did not become common in USENET groups until 1996. The first Oxford English Dictionary example of the term, defined as "a person whose actions are controlled by another; a minion," is taken from U.S. News and World Report, March 27, 2000.[5]
Currently, only "A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[3] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer" would fit Cousin-brokie by my interpretation of the above.

Unless you interpret multiple accounts to be a purpose of deception, or any 'misleading online identity' puppetry. Or yet that posts are a 'third party or organization'.
Last edited by Bobo on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Look, Dan is the Admin. Either Kevin or David obviously have trumping powers to equal Dan.

All one need do is PM any one of them and the former account can/would be deactivated.

Why Brokenhead didn't have "the balls or basic human decency" to do so is in the realm of trolls.

I'm borrowing a bit of Diebert's reasoning in the above. See the quote markings. It's something Diebert wrote in Brokenhead's thread What is love? To my knowledge it is the only thread he authored.
Don't run to your death
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Bobo,
I'm not sure that you are using the word sockpuppet consistently here. Alex is know to be Alex. Cousinbasil and Brokenhead never posted together.
Alex didn't announce his sockpuppet TA.
It was discovered.
Are you trying to muddy the waters?
If so,
Why?

Tomas,
You've made the Case.
It's rational.

Those exposed by the uncompromising light of Reason tend to run away and flood the area they are leaving with verbal abuse as they run away.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Dennis Mahar wrote:Bobo,
Alex didn't announce his sockpuppet TA.
It was discovered.
Are you trying to muddy the waters?
If so,
Why?

Tomas,
You've made the Case.
It's rational.

Those exposed by the uncompromising light of Reason tend to run away and flood the area they are leaving with verbal abuse as they run away.
Just checking if people are not adding insult to injury here. : )
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Bobo wrote:
Dennis Mahar wrote:Bobo,
Just checking if people are not adding insult to injury here. : )
To add to Dennis's thoughts. If either Cousinbasil or Alex come back as single users I've no problem. If Dan doesn't care (have any concern) why should I.

With Alex, I'll have discourse with whatever singular username he arrives back with. All others I'll use the ignore option ;-)

If Cousinbasil reappears, I'll point out what he said as Brokenhead and await any reflection from him ;-/

PS - Hahahah
Don't run to your death