"I am" my reason

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
alice144

Re: "I am" my reason

Post by alice144 »

That's a silly way to argue.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

That's a silly way to argue.
How often do you pull that stunt Alice?
What does it get you?
Looks like somewhere to hide.
alice144

Post by alice144 »

ALL THE TIME.

Why are you hiding Dennis? Why the unprovoked resentment? What is holding you back from having an honest discussion?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

ALL THE TIME.
Yes, I get it.
Your big move.

What does it get?
Why are you hiding Dennis?
Hello.
Why the unprovoked resentment?
I don't do that.
What is holding you back from having an honest discussion?
Every move you make.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

Movingalways,,,
A solution for enlightenment would be to call on God. " Im sorry but there is hate in the world still" Odilouxe
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Movingalways,,,
A solution for enlightenment would be to call on God.
Do you think that move has traction?
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Alice,
the situation is,
You have a life sentence.
You are on Death Row.
Doing time.
We are all in the same boat.

You are acting out 'Lonely Planet's guide for Girly Moves for Girl's to feel Smart'.
You've got all the moves from hooking chivalrous goats, crocodile tears to 'not tonight dear, I have a headache'.
empty and meaningless.

What about suffering?
alice144

Post by alice144 »

Oh dear, you've caught me red-handed.

Unfortunately, if I want to feel smart, all I have to do is step outside and take a walk. I much prefer to feel humbled.

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Until later then, and hopefully under happier circumstances.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Well, it was nice while it lasted. Until later then, and hopefully under happier circumstances.
Still moving.

What's that one?
Act 7
Scene 3
Blair

Post by Blair »

Did you hear the one about Alice walking into a bar?

She knocked herself out.

Hawhawhaw.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Alice,
Oh dear, you've caught me red-handed.
I've been enjoying that line immensely.
I've found it to be wonderfully warm and funny.
our new status is BFF.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

movingalways wrote:
mv: Language is the greatest tool we have, and it begins with fire and shan't end. Know what i mean?
Thinking is the only tool we have while sentient. We do know our sentience ends. We do not know if our thinking ends when our sentience ends.
My apologies for the late response, are you implying we might not be concious of death, or we are definitly unaware of our mark upon the world when we cease?
unbound
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

mental vagrant wrote:
movingalways wrote:
mv: Language is the greatest tool we have, and it begins with fire and shan't end. Know what i mean?
Thinking is the only tool we have while sentient. We do know our sentience ends. We do not know if our thinking ends when our sentience ends.
My apologies for the late response, are you implying we might not be concious of death, or we are definitly unaware of our mark upon the world when we cease?

mv, I live my life with my knowledge that consciousness is a continuum, and that I am living now in the continuum of sense attachment [ignorance and the emotions connected with ignorance - fear, greed, lust, anger, hate, etc.] and sense detachment [wisdom and the knowledge and feelings connected with wisdom - peace, selflessness, acceptance, kindness, love, etc.]. Knowing this, I am aware that every conscious being leaves his mark on the world, either the mark of Ignorance or the mark of Wisdom. Will I be aware of Ignorance and Wisdom when I cease? I do not know for certain, but my faith born of sound logic tells me yes, I will.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Will you explain this logic? Who am i kidding you wouldn't deprive me of such an oppertunity.
unbound
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

mental vagrant wrote:Will you explain this logic? Who am i kidding you wouldn't deprive me of such an oppertunity.
Did Hitler leave his mark on the world? Did Jesus leave his mark on the world?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

movingalways wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:Will you explain this logic? Who am i kidding you wouldn't deprive me of such an oppertunity.
Did Hitler leave his mark on the world? Did Jesus leave his mark on the world?
That's not a relevant answer. I asked for the logic that gives you confidence that YOU will be aware of your mark after deceased.
unbound
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

My logic regarding a “leaving a mark” regardless of physical or non-physical awareness is based on the reality of its definition to the one who is aware of “leaving a mark.” I am THAT is an unchanging principle of spirit.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

You'll be a meme?
unbound
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Only a meme that is purposed to take one beyond, to point beyond, being a meme. :-)
banetoday

Post by banetoday »

first post on this website just fyi.

i have thought on this topic alot in the past couple of weeks and i have a theory that seems pretty stupid or strange to alot of people want to know what you think.

lets start off by saying that the basis of this is that we are all one,and all matter is connected down to the very fabric of existent.

if we are one means as a existent we are a singularity,and we created this reality to know ourself and why . if we wanted to experience all that is us we would have to create a senerio where we have to learn to experience.trillions upon trillions of consciousnesses experiencing this reality in different ways and not one being can experience the reality"life" the same way as another and its not untill death the end of cycle that we rejoin with our self to share the experiences we have had with ourself.

theres alot more to my theroy but like i said its been weeks and i cant put it all on here.

i came to the conclusion that the only way that a singularity can succesfully do this is to limit the ability to know how this reality works because if we knew how it work then it wouldnt work.

and yes i know i have bad grammer and vocab.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

Do you think the logic of a cave man was brave>>>?
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

banetoday wrote:i came to the conclusion that the only way that a singularity can succesfully do this is to limit the ability to know how this reality works because if we knew how it work then it wouldnt work.
Why wouldn't it work? Or why wouldn't it be as valuable?
eliasforum.org/digests.html
banetoday

Post by banetoday »

i think it wouldnt work if you knew how everything work it would become pointless and thus you wouldnt need it.
like only reading books you wrote. if that makes any sense it does to me.but if you forgot the book and the fact that you wrote it
it would become a new experince and thus value.
banetoday

Post by banetoday »

movingalways wrote:My logic regarding a “leaving a mark” regardless of physical or non-physical awareness is based on the reality of its definition to the one who is aware of “leaving a mark.” I am THAT is an unchanging principle of spirit.
in the end there are no marks of anything left so the marks we leave are never going to be eternal
cause eventually the sun will go super nova and this planet will be gone. mabey mankind will "if we colonize another planet is the exception cause then we technically could see the marks"or will not see it we will never know. at least not in the state we are in now "bodies".
at least that my thought on it
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

banetoday wrote:
movingalways wrote:My logic regarding a “leaving a mark” regardless of physical or non-physical awareness is based on the reality of its definition to the one who is aware of “leaving a mark.” I am THAT is an unchanging principle of spirit.
in the end there are no marks of anything left so the marks we leave are never going to be eternal
cause eventually the sun will go super nova and this planet will be gone. mabey mankind will "if we colonize another planet is the exception cause then we technically could see the marks"or will not see it we will never know. at least not in the state we are in now "bodies".
at least that my thought on it
Surely after this, you wouldn't want to further us.
unbound