are you smart?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
cousinbasil

Re: are you smart?

Post by cousinbasil »

Last night I was out driving
Coming home at the end of the working day
I was riding alone through the drizzling rain
On a deserted stretch of a county two-lane
When I came upon a wreck on the highway

There was blood and glass all over
And there was nobody there but me
As the rain tumbled down hard and cold
I seen a young man lying by the side of the road
He cried Mister, won't you help me please

-Springsteen, Wreck on the Highway

When I heard the crash on the highway
I knew what it was from the start
I went to the scene of destruction
And a picture was stamped on my heart.

There was whiskey and blood all together
Mixed with glass where they lay
Death played her hand in destruction
But I didn't hear nobody pray.

-Acuff, Wreck on the Highway
Blair

Post by Blair »

Talking Ass wrote: [You've leanrned to repeat, parrot-like, some bogus truth-claims but it is your bitter anger that is the only offering you actually have. Is that ALL because of the robbery of your foreskin by devilish mohels? How would you describe the core anger that drives you along?
Has it ever crossed your mind, that I might be concerned about it for issues other than personal ?(I never said I was circumcised) Such as, hundreds of unconsenting babies born every day in America alone, being circumcised against their will or consent, because of a religious decree. It is obscene. End of story.
Talking Ass wrote:I am the only one who has made an effort to answer the question posed. I am indeed smart--
Believe me, you are far from it.
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

Blair wrote:
Talking Ass wrote: [You've leanrned to repeat, parrot-like, some bogus truth-claims but it is your bitter anger that is the only offering you actually have. Is that ALL because of the robbery of your foreskin by devilish mohels? How would you describe the core anger that drives you along?
Has it ever crossed your mind, that I might be concerned about it for issues other than personal ?(I never said I was circumcised) Such as, hundreds of unconsenting babies born every day in America alone, being circumcised against their will or consent, because of a religious decree. It is obscene. End of story.
Talking Ass wrote:I am the only one who has made an effort to answer the question posed. I am indeed smart--
I'm in complete agreement with that thinking. I'd add, the continual production of children at a rate that will sustain our count is unethical and immoral personally. We allow our self destruction. The earth is an obscene quagmire from which only bacteria shall remain.
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mental vagrant wrote:
Blair wrote:
I'm in complete agreement with that thinking. I'd add, the continual production of children at a rate that will sustain our count is unethical and immoral personally. We allow our self destruction. The earth is an obscene quagmire from which only bacteria shall remain.
So why are you still here? Why haven't you off'd yourself yet? You write fearmongering reply but do not resolve your own dilemna...

PS to Alice - One of the finer threads here.
Don't run to your death
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Tomas wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:
Blair wrote:
So why are you still here? Why haven't you off'd yourself yet? You write fearmongering reply but do not resolve your own dilemna...

PS to Alice - One of the finer threads here.
I'm expressing my pessimism. Fearmongering, a little i suppose. Ultimately i don't care.
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mental vagrant wrote:I'm expressing my pessimism. Fearmongering, a little i suppose. Ultimately i don't care.
That depressing, huh?
Don't you think that god has died - this time?
-click full screen-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9wx3slsOA
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

alice144 wrote:Do you think that you are smart?

Yes or no is fine. A paragraph is also fine.
On me? No.

There are five I would consider smart, here.

In no order:
Dan Rowden
Kevin Solway
David Quinn

Diebert van Rhijn
Alex Jacob (actual name unknown)

Don't fear if you lose your mind.
-click full screen-
Don't run to your death
Blair

Post by Blair »

mental vagrant wrote:I'm in complete agreement with that thinking. I'd add, the continual production of children at a rate that will sustain our count is unethical and immoral personally. We allow our self destruction. The earth is an obscene quagmire from which only bacteria shall remain.
Just don't breed. That will a long way in ensuring you do not end up like Tomas.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Tomas wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:I'm expressing my pessimism. Fearmongering, a little i suppose. Ultimately i don't care.
That depressing, huh?
-click full screen-
If your god is one from religion, it is not worth mentioning, that it is what i think. Funny and sad video, thanks for sharing :)
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Blair wrote:
mental vagrant wrote:I'm in complete agreement with that thinking. I'd add, the continual production of children at a rate that will sustain our count is unethical and immoral personally. We allow our self destruction. The earth is an obscene quagmire from which only bacteria shall remain.
Just don't breed. That will a long way in ensuring you do not end up like Tomas.
I have no intention of breeding, ending up with some useless children that hate me, that are responsible for suffering, nightmare. I'm bad enough. I lack the courage to do what i think i want to do, end. :/
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

mental vagrant wrote:
Blair wrote:
I have no intention of breeding, ending up with some useless children that hate me, that are responsible for suffering, nightmare. I'm bad enough. I lack the courage to do what i think i want to do, end. :/
It is pathetic that i'm soo dehumanised and unatural that i don't even know myself, utterly failed.
unbound
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

mental vagrant wrote:
Tomas wrote:
That depressing, huh?
-click full screen-
If your god is one from religion, it is not worth mentioning, that it is what i think. Funny and sad video, thanks for sharing :)
No, no religion. I've read a couple different versions of the Quran - serious crazy people, well beyond nuts. Tammuz-adonis hand pumpers. But then, Obama is a Muslim. Typical Nazi, a fascist through and through. He's pushing Sharia law in the USA and will probably get it. They love fucking 9 year old boys and girls.

Read a couple versions of Talmud. Another crazed lunatic fringe. More queer bait directed at children.

Read several versions of Old Testament. The first five books are normal, the final 34 are borderline nuts, semi-crazy.

The New Testament is a whole different can of worms. The Eastern Orthodox and Russian Orthodox versions are palatable but the Roman Catholic version is crazy. The King James version has its moments but overall plain nuts. Tammuz-adonis hand pumpers. Foster care for little children moving towards removing parental control of offspring - same wants what Blair wants is total eradication of the species, pure evil.

Toss in Buddhism, Shinto, Hindi and the child molesters of Tibet no wonder there are a lot of people who are lost. Tammuz-adonis hand pumpers. Read many of that nutty drivel and the peanuts are flying out the brain.

Native American (north, central, south) have their totem poles (derivatives of the cross) tammuz-adonis gods who died and came back to life. A couple tribes are pretty decent and avoided outside toxic influences both governmental and religious .. but most have adopted the totemic-phallic hand pumper gods of Catholicism as their own. Borderline warped, semi crazy. Perhaps beyond redemption the Reservations are a moral cesspool.

All the above is gained through a 'spiritual connection' with the author(s). Much is lost in the various translations over the centuries .. according to where the writer lived. It'd be easy to say, to using discernment in gleaning the nuggets from the untold amounts of rocks, sand, boulders and plain old dirt but 'that's what is necessary' when walking among the giants of yesterday.

Thanks for the comments about video/music.

I preferred not to warn of the musical bent because the "beat" so conforms with the dry video. However some of the words have a certain haunt and make the whole end-product 'come alive' as most of us normals have been that crocked on alcohol ;-)

Take care,
Tomas
Don't run to your death
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mental vagrant wrote:
Blair wrote:
And if you do breed, it's not the end of the world! I linked to this elsewhere, but in case you missed it...
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mental v. wrote:I have no intention of breeding, ending up with some useless children that hate me, that are responsible for suffering, nightmare. I'm bad enough. I lack the courage to do what i think i want to do, end. :/
You do not appear to lack the courage to face yourself truthfully. That is a very good thing and not at all common.

But I do not think you have to settle for the life that such a negative outlook will tend to bring upon you. I am aware I don't know you, but you do seem honest - let your honesty provide you the courage you feel you lack.

You are also being quite rational in saying you are in no position to rear children. This doesn't mean you will never be. I wish you the best.
Blair

Post by Blair »

cousinbasil wrote:And if you do breed, it's not the end of the world!
Well perhaps not for that generation.

I won't have my genetic code carried down to the inevitable point in the future when it's crudely sparked up like a fuse on the Fourth o' July for the entertainment of the solar system.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Tomas wrote:- same wants what Blair wants is total eradication of the species, pure evil.
Aawh, there's something simperingly sad about a 'man' (I use that term loosely) at the advanced age of sixty, who still thinks he can have his cake and eat it all-so.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mental v. wrote:I have no intention of breeding, ending up with some useless children that hate me
Of course it all come down to money. If you had even a modest income that could support yourself and the child, you would find that children are far from useless. They are an endless source of amusement that somehow more than make up for all the foul poo poo diapers. They would only hate you if you hated yourself.
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Blair wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:And if you do breed, it's not the end of the world!
Well perhaps not for that generation.

I won't have my genetic code carried down to the inevitable point in the future when it's crudely sparked up like a fuse on the Fourth o' July for the entertainment of the solar system.
PMSL - you are the king of brash humour!
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

cousinbasil wrote:
mental v. wrote:I have no intention of breeding, ending up with some useless children that hate me
Of course it all come down to money. If you had even a modest income that could support yourself and the child, you would find that children are far from useless. They are an endless source of amusement that somehow more than make up for all the foul poo poo diapers. They would only hate you if you hated yourself.
I suspect you have children, and love them.

My stance is the following, life is suffering and i'd not want to create a creature for torturetainment. Snuff film. Will i resist an urge that might appear later on, i don't know.
unbound
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Actually, no, but my siblings do and I do love them. No stress for unclebasil.
Tomas

Greetings from a sage

Post by Tomas »

Blair wrote:
Tomas wrote:- same wants what Blair wants is total eradication of the species, pure evil.
Aawh, there's something simperingly sad about a 'man' (I use that term loosely) at the advanced age of sixty, who still thinks he can have his cake and eat it all-so.
Yeah, you're the 'man' who shows up (with a different account and username) after being banned at KIR (Keep It Real) http://realism.yuku.com/topic/2621/Gree ... rom-a-sage and wrote the following:

Greetings from a sage

Hi! Mocha's the name. Now before any jealousy gets out of hand, I will say up front; yes I am incredibly wise. Please don't hold it against me....................
Looking forward to having some good conversations with you all fine people.

---------------------------

For any new reader at Genius: I go by 'Roddy', my given birth name at KIR due to conflicting email accounts, email hackers, and separate feedbacks via PMs. 'Tomas' is a childhood nickname given to me by an old Swede immigrant who said I looked like her little brother who remained behind in arctic Sweden.. and well passed on in a wooden casket and most likely returned to dust.
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't run to your death
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

uncledote wrote:
jupiviv wrote:
uncledote wrote:What is the nature of reality, smartboy?
Everything and nothing.

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
― Albert Einstein
Genius is the first steps to the demolitions act and secondary first born: in its phases.
Take for example the black birds.
"Ask and ye shall receive,." But, what if a wild genius gets caught up in the act. Does he become God^:(
Neitche wrote ^ God is dead. For most these are simple words. For, me, they mean eternity,.
Declared words. Not from righteousness,. But, to be fulfilled.
:(
Blair

Post by Blair »

cousinbasil wrote:
What about when they get sick or die. You still the "no stress" man then?

Or perhaps you don't know yet what it will be like.

One thing you can be sure of is it's coming, for you or them.

Like your choice, live with it. Live every moment, and don't cry in your hat when it all comes unstuck.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Blair wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:
What about when they get sick or die. You still the "no stress" man then?

Or perhaps you don't know yet what it will be like.
Of course I don't know exactly what it's like, because it hasn't happened.
One thing you can be sure of is it's coming, for you or them.
Well, it's coming for me and for them. I just don't know what the order will be.

But most people never witness the death of their children. Most people do go through the death of a parent. I already have, and I didn't cry in anyone's hat or anywhere else. It was his time - I was relieved. Changing the poo-poo diapers of babies is bad enough. Changing them for one's parent is decidedly worse.
Like your choice, live with it. Live every moment, and don't cry in your hat when it all comes unstuck.
Since everybody dies sooner or later, it would seem that mortality would be obvious to everybody. All the more reason to enjoy life's fleeting moments. Death doesn't single out the wicked or anyone else. Many people enjoy their children. They should, if they are going to have them.

Blair, I am fully aware there is a broad spectrum of family experiences out there, not all of them pleasant. That means nothing to me. I am not living anyone else's life but mine. So I will enjoy it and I will see to it that the kids in my life enjoy theirs. I spend as much time on them as I can, and as little money. They seem to respect me for it. I don't yell, so when I do they fall quickly into line. I don't buy them things, so when I do, they treasure it. They are turning out to be good kids, but it is work for all of us.
Bobo

Re: Greetings from a sage

Post by Bobo »

Tomas wrote:Yeah, you're the 'man' who shows up (with a different account and username) after being banned at KIR (Keep It Real) http://realism.yuku.com/topic/2621/Gree ... rom-a-sage and wrote the following:

Greetings from a sage

Hi! Mocha's the name. Now before any jealousy gets out of hand, I will say up front; yes I am incredibly wise. Please don't hold it against me....................
Looking forward to having some good conversations with you all fine people.
I wonder if that had something to do with this...
Ass-Munch replies: Jufa has ascended to the 33rd level of inter-spacial harmony. I have been hovering right around 50-52 for about 6 years now. My wonderfulness stays constant even as I try to drag y'all to the higher zones. And I admit I underestimated the difficulty. So far, I have brought 7 (seven) to the Promised Land but I promise I won't give up on you! I am indeed wonderful. Tomas, taking this into account, could you give a L'il Ass a kiss? Hmmmmm?

Blair:
So what is your point, Alex?

That everything is a joke, fodder for humour and we dance through life without a care in the world because it's not worth getting stressed about. Something like that?

Be honest now. Is that the case? and if so it also applies to you; being a joke, not worthy of anything but being laughed about.

So what is your point now? What are you getting at? Would it perhaps have something to do with you are a sinking ship and you want to take everyone with you?

Your script is old, tired, been heard before, was once amusing but no more.
cousinbasil wrote:Since everybody dies sooner or later, it would seem that mortality would be obvious to everybody. All the more reason to enjoy life's fleeting moments. Death doesn't single out the wicked or anyone else.
If we just could ask the dead : ). Don't you think that death is wicked?
Blair, I am fully aware there is a broad spectrum of family experiences out there, not all of them pleasant.
They seem to respect me for it. I don't yell, so when I do they fall quickly into line. I don't buy them things, so when I do, they treasure it
And it can be prevented.
So I will enjoy it and I will see to it that the kids in my life enjoy theirs.
They are turning out to be good kids, but it is work for all of us.
Kind of dodgy.