Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Post questions or suggestions here.

Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 am

Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring

Ignorance is everyone's claim regardless of who they are, a professor will only profess what he knows, fools will profess their foolishness, and I will profess my logic.

To blatantly ignor someone is blatantly heartless, ignorant to their higher self, otherwise, their intellect would never permit such acts of cruelty upon others. As the intellect develops so does one's behavior for the improvement of. One should never be ignored under any circumstances, this is a form of abuse, to the attention getter. Abuse is not what the attention getter is seeking, they are seeking positive attention to a matter of concern to them.

Ignorance is something which can be educated, however, ignoring someone is not an educated thing to do, yet, the educated do it too. It is an inferior way of handling someone or something.

So the question initially asks which is the most inferior--ignorance or Ignoring?

Ignorance is nothing to feel inferior about, because ignorance can be educated, and inferior thoughts can change to superior thoughts, however, to deliberately 'ignor' someone is inferior behavior because to ignor someone is to hurt them.
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby alice144 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 am

I ignore people who ignore me (define "ignore" as to refer to needs, emotions, or even one's entire being). I'd argue that it's even psychologically healthy. Actually, I'd go so far to say that defining your own reality and then acting within that is a fantastic way to deal with people's bad behavior, and, furthermore, to avoid the arbitrary standards which they are also imposing on yourself.

If people were less ignorant, I would ignore them less.
alice144
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby cousinbasil » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 pm

GD1 wrote:Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring
I feel compelled - compelled, you understand - to point out obvious writing mistakes, since you are an aspiring writer. Now read your quote carefully. It is no less than the title of this thread. Yet it contains a classic grammatical error which in a Catholic grade school would bring a nun's ruler smashing down onto your knuckles. Can you identify it...?
In other words
Ignorance is something which can be educated, however, ignoring someone is not an educated thing to do

Since you may be ignorant of this grammatical rule, I am not ignoring you but trying to educate you.
cousinbasil
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 am
Location: Garment District

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby Cahoot » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:43 am

GodsDaughter1 wrote:... to deliberately 'ignor' someone is inferior behavior because to ignor someone is to hurt them.

From an equanimous perspective:

- If the intent of the ignorer is to harm the ignored,
then the behavior of ignoring is “inferior.”

- If the intent is to not harm the ignored,
and the ignorer exercises the mental freedom to ignore,
then the behavior is not inferior.

- The ignorer’s honest and ongoing assessment of intent is a spiritual practice.

- Being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt.
User avatar
Cahoot
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:12 pm

cousinbasil wrote:
GD1 wrote:Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring
I feel compelled - compelled, you understand - to point out obvious writing mistakes, since you are an aspiring writer. Now read your quote carefully. It is no less than the title of this thread. Yet it contains a classic grammatical error which in a Catholic grade school would bring a nun's ruler smashing down onto your knuckles. Can you identify it...?
In other words
Ignorance is something which can be educated, however, ignoring someone is not an educated thing to do

Since you may be ignorant of this grammatical rule, I am not ignoring you but trying to educate you.


GodsDaughter says: I admit I'm ignorant of this grammatical rule, go ahead educate me! I want to know which makes it known, I'm interested in learning things I don't know! How do you know so much Cousinbasil, did you get your knuckles rapped?
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Cahoot wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:... to deliberately 'ignor' someone is inferior behavior because to ignor someone is to hurt them.

From an equanimous perspective:

- If the intent of the ignorer is to harm the ignored,
then the behavior of ignoring is “inferior.”

- If the intent is to not harm the ignored,
and the ignorer exercises the mental freedom to ignore,
then the behavior is not inferior.

- The ignorer’s honest and ongoing assessment of intent is a spiritual practice.

- Being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt.


GodsDaughter says: Ah, that's it, Mental Freedom, the mental freedom to hurt someone through ignoring them. Humbug!

GodsDaughter says: It is inferior when it involves the hurting of anyone, the only reason it's acceptable is because people feel inferior about themselves which is why they do it themselves, inferiority runs rampant and acts like a magnet to attract other ignoring ignoramuses!

GodsDaughter says: If being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt it should be. Being ignored can create anger, hostility, hatred, and anger can lead to violence, and violence can lead to jail time, all because ignoring is an acceptable thing to do to people. I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby Cahoot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:35 pm

It’s a good topic.

In the light of Gandhi’s insight, “Be the change you want to see in the world,” the course of action for one who feels no one should be ignored is to ignore no one. Suffering caused by being ignored can prompt the intent that others not suffer in this way.

One can then assess the effects that follow from not ignoring, and one can also assess the effects that follow from making sure others know they are the object of attention.

An honest account of being ignored can engage a reader’s attention, and the memory of the reading can be the prompt that directs a reader's awareness towards others.
User avatar
Cahoot
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby alice144 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 am

GodsDaughter1 wrote:If being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt it should be. Being ignored can create anger, hostility, hatred, and anger can lead to violence, and violence can lead to jail time, all because ignoring is an acceptable thing to do to people. I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


I think ignoring has to do with how one frames one's own assumptive world. I've often felt that people ignored me or certain aspects of me because they did not fit within their own rewards-punishment system. I think the trick is to make yourself somehow relevant to these other people within their own assumptive world, but then, I suspect that that solution is a contextual one. Either that, or play their game to your own benefit -- create your own personal assumptive world, and then subjugate everyone else to your own definitions therein. Hah.

Would it make you feel better if I responded to some of your posts? I feel like you've started a lot of topics on here but you're not getting enough replies.

GodsDaughter1 wrote:I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


Some people are ignored unfairly, some people are people are paid heaps of attention, also unfairly. There's probably some kind of defined psychological process behind this which I don't know about. Unfortunately, attention is a limited resource, I prefer to be strategic in how I spend it. Sometimes people make mistakes... :(
alice144
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:02 am

alice144 wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:If being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt it should be. Being ignored can create anger, hostility, hatred, and anger can lead to violence, and violence can lead to jail time, all because ignoring is an acceptable thing to do to people. I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


I think ignoring has to do with how one frames one's own assumptive world. I've often felt that people ignored me or certain aspects of me because they did not fit within their own rewards-punishment system. I think the trick is to make yourself somehow relevant to these other people within their own assumptive world, but then, I suspect that that solution is a contextual one. Either that, or play their game to your own benefit -- create your own personal assumptive world, and then subjugate everyone else to your own definitions therein. Hah.

Would it make you feel better if I responded to some of your posts? I feel like you've started a lot of topics on here but you're not getting enough replies.

GodsDaughter1 wrote:I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


Some people are ignored unfairly, some people are people are paid heaps of attention, also unfairly. There's probably some kind of defined psychological process behind this which I don't know about. Unfortunately, attention is a limited resource, I prefer to be strategic in how I spend it. Sometimes people make mistakes... :(


GodsDaughter says: I appreciate what you say Alice144, thank you for your concern. I'm ok thanks.

GodsDaughter says: You don't have to make yourself relevant to anyone, if they speak to you, you've become relevant to them, if you ignor them, you're the problem, everyone deserves an acknowledgment--a reply to their wonderment.
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:21 am

alice144 wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:If being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt it should be. Being ignored can create anger, hostility, hatred, and anger can lead to violence, and violence can lead to jail time, all because ignoring is an acceptable thing to do to people. I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


I think ignoring has to do with how one frames one's own assumptive world. I've often felt that people ignored me or certain aspects of me because they did not fit within their own rewards-punishment system. I think the trick is to make yourself somehow relevant to these other people within their own assumptive world, but then, I suspect that that solution is a contextual one. Either that, or play their game to your own benefit -- create your own personal assumptive world, and then subjugate everyone else to your own definitions therein. Hah.

Would it make you feel better if I responded to some of your posts? I feel like you've started a lot of topics on here but you're not getting enough replies.

GodsDaughter1 says: It matters not at all if I receive any replies, because, when I don't that tells me people agree with me without having to say so, and when I do, it's to offer me other's insights into the idea, into which I take into consideration the source as being useful, or thoughtful, opinioned or biased, intelligent or foolish!



GodsDaughter1 wrote:I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


Some people are ignored unfairly, some people are people are paid heaps of attention, also unfairly. There's probably some kind of defined psychological process behind this which I don't know about. Unfortunately, attention is a limited resource, I prefer to be strategic in how I spend it. Sometimes people make mistakes... :(
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 pm

GodsDaughter1 wrote:
alice144 wrote:
GodsDaughter1 wrote:If being ignored is not a universal cause for hurt it should be. Being ignored can create anger, hostility, hatred, and anger can lead to violence, and violence can lead to jail time, all because ignoring is an acceptable thing to do to people. I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


I think ignoring has to do with how one frames one's own assumptive world. I've often felt that people ignored me or certain aspects of me because they did not fit within their own rewards-punishment system. I think the trick is to make yourself somehow relevant to these other people within their own assumptive world, but then, I suspect that that solution is a contextual one. Either that, or play their game to your own benefit -- create your own personal assumptive world, and then subjugate everyone else to your own definitions therein. Hah.

Would it make you feel better if I responded to some of your posts? I feel like you've started a lot of topics on here but you're not getting enough replies.

GodsDaughter1 says: It matters not at all if I receive any replies, because, when I don't that tells me people agree with me without having to say so, and when I do, it's to offer me other's insights into the idea, into which I take into consideration the source as being useful, or thoughtful, opinioned or biased, intelligent or foolish!



GodsDaughter1 wrote:I think people should be forced to listen sometimes, it might make better people out of them!


Some people are ignored unfairly, some people are people are paid heaps of attention, also unfairly. There's probably some kind of defined psychological process behind this which I don't know about. Unfortunately, attention is a limited resource, I prefer to be strategic in how I spend it. Sometimes people make mistakes... :(


GodsDaughter says: "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" Albert Einstein
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby Cahoot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 am

Actually, with the intent of ahimsa, ignoring becomes a tool of civility.

Since attachment leads to suffering,
and since being ignored
has been associated with suffering (hurt),

then the relevant inquiry for the hurt becomes:
what attachment has led to suffering?
User avatar
Cahoot
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 am

[quote="Cahoot"]Actually, with the intent of ahimsa, ignoring becomes a tool of civility.

Since attachment leads to suffering,
and since being ignored
has been associated with suffering (hurt),

then the relevant inquiry for the hurt becomes:
what attachment has led to suffering.



GodsDaughter says: Excellent observation Cahoot!
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:40 am

Which is most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Explained logically:

Ignorance is inferior to 'educated' but ignorance can be educated, therefore, it is only inferior momentarily, however, 'Ignoring' is inferior to 'Ignorance' because 'Ignoring' is done with deliberance, and since 'Ignoring' causes hurt, this makes 'Ignoring' the more inferior of the both.
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby cousinbasil » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:42 am

GodsDaughter says: I admit I'm ignorant of this grammatical rule, go ahead educate me! I want to know which makes it known, I'm interested in learning things I don't know! How do you know so much Cousinbasil, did you get your knuckles rapped?

When you are comparing two things, you say, "Which is the more inferior?" Most is only used when comparing three or more things.

It is exactly the same thing with the comparative suffix -er and the superlative suffix -est. You say the "taller of two buildings" not "the tallest of two buildings." You say the "prettiest" of three girls, and not the "prettier" of three girls.

Yes I got my knuckles wrapped. And my face slapped as well. I wasn't the quickest of learners.
cousinbasil
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 am
Location: Garment District

Re: Which is the most Inferior...Ignorance or Ignoring?

Postby GodsDaughter1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

cousinbasil wrote:
GodsDaughter says: I admit I'm ignorant of this grammatical rule, go ahead educate me! I want to know which makes it known, I'm interested in learning things I don't know! How do you know so much Cousinbasil, did you get your knuckles rapped?

When you are comparing two things, you say, "Which is the more inferior?" Most is only used when comparing three or more things.

It is exactly the same thing with the comparative suffix -er and the superlative suffix -est. You say the "taller of two buildings" not "the tallest of two buildings." You say the "prettiest" of three girls, and not the "prettier" of three girls.

Yes I got my knuckles wrapped. And my face slapped as well. I wasn't the quickest of learners.


GodsDaughter says: Oh, my God that makes me righteously angry, a child being slapped across the face, I would love to slap that teacher now for doing that to you then. But, it seemed to work for you because you certainly learned the rules of english well, actually, better than a paid professional writer! Thanks for sharing such valuable information Cousinbasil. Was that catholic teaching Cousinbasil that you had to endure? I wasn't a quick learner either, my own mom called me turtle.
GodsDaughter1
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 am


Return to Help Desk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

cron