Colin Wilson

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Talking Ass

Re: Colin Wilson

Post by Talking Ass »

Dennis, I decline to comment, only because you are unutterably brainless! Still, I have hope. In the meantime, a little distraction in the best thing for you. But keep trying, son.
fiat mihi
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

creative willpower huh?

that would be imagination.
mental trick.

like santa claus reifying in a red suit with a white beard, singing ho, ho, ho.
'Jew' is an imaginery performance involving a lot of chatter and a bunch of rules like mutilating dickies as Blair succinctly pointed out.

An Act.
A one trick pony.
A lifelong performance of trying to get the script into shape.
Geddit?

Who are you kidding?
Did you think it was real?

I've stripped it back and flattened it out and noticed the motive is survival.
then i've built it up from there and noticed a web of survival strategies.
politics, ethics and religions ( ways to bond) are survival strategies.

Alliances like 'Jewry' formed for strategic survival purposes..
the traditional winning formula of Jewry is to 'seed' finance to the boys coming through.
they're given 3 chances to get a successful business up.
fail and you're out.
over time 'Jewry' has mastered business.
a recurring problem is 'Jewry' has lacked a homeland.
they've had to infiltrate other established cultures.
soon, their strong suit (business) has got them in control of the finances of the culture they've infiltrated.
often, the citizens of that culture have visited pogrom on the Jewry, stole their wealth and sent them packing.
the latest strategy is Israel, the homeland.

survival script.
get the money.
Last edited by Dennis Mahar on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Bob Michael wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:This implies that you are concluding and I don't want to be like the vast majority. Specifically how do you intend to ensure that you do not end up like the vast majority?
Yes, and I'm clearly not like the majority. And in retrospect I never was like the majority even before my rude awakening to reality and sanity. Unlike most people, due to favorable circumstances in the critical formative years of my life, the generally fatal societal enculturation that we're all influenced by never adversely affected the sound development of my brain.
cousinbasil wrote:Specifically how do you intend to ensure that you do not end up like the vast majority?
Due to the above factors it simply can't happen. Even if I were to be crucified by a mob.
cousinbasil wrote:Just so. Neither will you (leave an Ark behind), I daresay.
This may be so. Especially in light of the fact that there are so very, very few people capable of self-overcoming and being restored to sanity. But I remain hopeful that I'll succeed.
That's why I referred to the Spirit as a nihilist.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
What is freely and at hand seems to be nihilism.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bobo wrote:What is freely and at hand seems to be nihilism.
Janis Joplin wrote:Freedom's just another word for noting left to lose...
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Alex wrote:To understand any of this, one has to understand what a Jew is.
Elie Wiesel wrote:To be a Jew is to suffer.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Dennis wrote:like santa claus reifying in a red suit with a white beard, singing ho, ho, ho.
Sounds like little Denny never got over something...
'Jew' is an imaginery performance involving a lot of chatter and a bunch of rules like mutilating dickies as Blair succinctly pointed out.
...And now visits his dissappointment on others...
An Act.
A one trick pony.
A lifelong performance of trying to get the script into shape.
Geddit?
Mainly those people whom everyone else kicks. Everyone else can't be wrong! Let me get in a few myself!
You go on to talk about survival. How can survival, which is predicated on individuals in countless individual circumstances over millenia, as you must realize (Iam being generous, I suspect) possibly be a "one-trick pony"?

You really are coming across as a bigot - is that your intention? Yes or no?
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

Dennis, as I see things, is the near-perfect exemplar of what results from the application of the style of thinking (and being) that is tauted here at GF. How proud you must feel! I just rescanned Poison for the Heart this morning since Ryan had so heartily recommended it. Truthfully, this 'book' is an object-lesson in the destruction of thinking, a willfull sort of 'suicide'. I am not sure I have the strength or the will to 'go into' and discover what it is that propels such a use of man's will. What is interesting is that it is held as having some great value. Well, ecce homo! Dennis is just one more of the group of boy-ghosts who march through this forum. From the first days on this forum it seemed so easy to me to 'identify' the individuals attracted to this destructive thinking, this mechanical, reductive thinking. One 'tragedy' is that it renders those who embrace it so idiotic and reductive that all conversation ceases. What is left is a group of people with a terrible unbehagen that must consume them. This sort of thinking (the sort of thinking that produced PFTH) is the worst thing a person could do for themselves. And you heard it here, on the Genius Forum, from an Ass Who Talks®.
fiat mihi
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

From the first days on this forum it seemed so easy to me to 'identify' the individuals attracted to this destructive thinking, this mechanical, reductive thinking.
Yes, you've made one and the same post 4,000 times.
mechanical, one-trick pony.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mechanical, one-trick pony.
Can't be a pony - his ears are too long....
Yes, you've made one and the same post 4,000 times.
Reminds me of the guy talking to a friend and happens to mention that he taught his dog how to play chess. "Whoa, whoa, whoa - wait a minute," the friend says. "Your dog plays chess?" "It's not such a big deal, " the guy replies. "I can beat him two out of three times."

Here we have a Talking Ass and you are griping because his posts are consistent? And he types! The keyboard must be enormous!
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

FYI. I do type, I do. It takes about an hour though for a short paragraph. I cram chopsticks into my hooves and tip-tap, or 'chicken peck' I guess you call it. Sometimes one post takes all night. But I stop, get off my haunches, stroll around the corral, listen to the nightengales. It's what I do.

It is true that I repeat that one, irritating point. Yet: it is TRUE. Terribly and obviously true.

You MUST defeat that style of thinking! You must---and you CAN!
fiat mihi
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:Again, you have not once come close to demonstrating that humanity has "fallen" from anything.
One must be highly-sensitive and then become totally dead to the 'self' and all its old conditioned thoughts and ideas in order to come to clearly see the tragic reality of the human condition and be open to understanding others' observations ('demonstrations') of it.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

I think it was Ludwig Feuerbach who said one must become totally negative if he's to ever create anything radically new. Which has been my experience also.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob Michael wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:Again, you have not once come close to demonstrating that humanity has "fallen" from anything.
One must be highly-sensitive and then become totally dead to the 'self' and all its old conditioned thoughts and ideas in order to come to clearly see the tragic reality of the human condition and be open to understanding others' observations ('demonstrations') of it.
Such stringent requirements. It lacks common sense. Almost by definition! If you were to cease breathing your rarified air, what might you find? Why not come down off that mountain where no one meets your standards?
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob Michael wrote:
I think it was Ludwig Feuerbach who said one must become totally negative if he's to ever create anything radically new. Which has been my experience also.
And this radically new creation of yours is...? Please don't say the Ark, or my interest will likely vanish like a bad dream.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

It is true that I repeat that one, irritating point. Yet: it is TRUE. Terribly and obviously true.

You MUST defeat that style of thinking! You must---and you CAN!
You are that point of irritation.
You are the burr under your saddle blanket.
Recognise it.
You are the fugue.
The emotional storm.
It's not about the ideas parading across the screen of your mind.
It's about your reactivity to the ideas parading across the screen of your mind.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:Such stringent requirements. It lacks common sense. Almost by definition! If you were to cease breathing your rarified air, what might you find? Why not come down off that mountain where no one meets your standards?
When "common sense" becomes uncommon sense, then you'll be in the ball park. And not before, cb.
Bob Michael

Post by Bob Michael »

cousinbasil wrote:And this radically new creation of yours is...? Please don't say the Ark, or my interest will likely vanish like a bad dream.
How about an army of Free-Spirits? Beginning of course with myself. The Captain.
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

An Army of Free Spirits...and an Ass Who Talks! We'll conquer back the world from the zombie-tribes. Then we'll sit 'round the campfire listening to the nightingales and reciting Poison for the Heart! I SHOULD really be given captain's rank though. I was here before Bob. Whatever comes under captain, Bob you can be that...
fiat mihi
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Bob Michael wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:And this radically new creation of yours is...? Please don't say the Ark, or my interest will likely vanish like a bad dream.
How about an army of Free-Spirits? Beginning of course with myself. The Captain.
And the recent roll-calls? How have they gone?
Talking Ass

Post by Talking Ass »

An Essay on Dennis Mahar
by The Talking Ass®

I am pretty sure Dennis operates under the rather simple but attractive idea that everything that occurs in man's mind is chimerical, illusory, and a fantasy projected onto the screen of 'reality', and that it is all 'empty and meaningless' when one sees through it. Hence he forever declares "It is empty and meaningless!"

It can be ever-repeated in any circumstance and in regard to any topic.

The idea, extended, is that if one practices some sort of Buddhism (?), one can still the mind to the point that all the mutations in consciousness, in imagination, turn into what they are: emptiness, meaninglessness. I think that is the idea in a nutshell.

So, what Dennis does is to apply his central thesis for interpreting life and existence and consciousness to anything and everything. It is a rather seductive reduction and in my view a trap for a modern man stuck in deep nihilism, or in any case deep confusion about the present, about being.

The 'problem' is that, naturally, it is based on a level of 'truth' and so cannot be said to be absolutely false, but it seems to me to be a partial truth, and as such 'functions destructively' in him. And he is indeed symptomatic and representational of (IMO) the various denizens of GF and certainly of Q-R-S themselves. They are clever men who have installed a limited software program in their minds (is how I see it). To maintain it as such, they have to exclude everything that makes no sense to them. In this, they are extreme low-brows who have burrowed destructively under 'advanced knowledge' (philosophy, the highest sense implied in religion, and man's higher capacity of perception and sharing [art] of that, etc.). It is utterly vulgar, that is true, but it is 'successful' and highly replicatable, immitable by lower-order beings even more 'consumed' by such reductions as they themselves are.
fiat mihi
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Basil,
Here we have a Talking Ass and you are griping because his posts are consistent? And he types! The keyboard must be enormous!
Will you quit trivialising conversations please.

Alex's emotional violence towards all things GF is blatant. The one and the same post times 4,000 is undeniable.
David's insight that this behaviour is directly linked to his feeling that his parents ignored and neglected him is a sharp piece of analysis.

'crying out for love' is what PFTH refutes.
Alex misunderstands it completely.
he thinks its the annihilation of love.

His wild-eyed projections albeit interesting are simply suffering.
When he breaks through,
he will notice,
his Act is a crock of shit.
empty and meaningless.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Dennis wrote:Will you quit trivializing conversations please.
Dennis, you keep coming back to proclaiming everything "empty" and "meaningless." How could I possibly trivialize something that is empty and meaningless?

But you did say "please" and that goes a long way in my book.
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

But you did say "please" and that goes a long way in my book.
thankyou.
Dennis, you keep coming back to proclaiming everything "empty" and "meaningless." How could I possibly trivialize something that is empty and meaningless?
A person's Act is empty and meaningless.
The person's 'psychodrama'.
the person's acting out.
an individual consciousness tending toward an enlightened condition has resolved emotional issues...
no longer Acts out, no longer inflicts self-harm, no longer lashes out with physical violence, psychological violence or emotional violence.

Alex has stormed this board with his 'psychodrama' for 5-6 years.
GF has not abandoned him, ignored him, neglected him.
Alex is well provided here with a form of unconditional love, not perfect but even so it is there.
Alex could gracefully acknowledge that.
By failing to provide an atmosphere of some form of unconditional love the board would be acting out of its integrity.
The integrity is to distinguish wisdom for the benefit of all beings.
No-one who comes here has not been harmed by an unenlightened Worldhood and acted out their pyschodrama at some point.
The possibility here is healing, not harming.

That Talking Ass with the donkey picture is meant to cause harm, to mock, to ridicule.
He would not dare to pull that stunt face to face in general society, at least in polite, rational society.
It's inauthentic and constitutes emotional violence.

Alex has to be called on his Act,
and invited to enrol in his possibility for rational, polite behaviour.
That said he has some likeability.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

The over/under for how long Kunga's flower lasts is currently 24 hrs. Vig is a mere 5%.