Wake up call

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
glooey

Wake up call

Post by glooey »

Question. If you are a genius, why are you not out in the real world solving the practical problems that mankind faces instead of indulging in this virtual masturbation?
Answer. You're not a genius.
David Quinn

Re: Wake up call

Post by David Quinn »

Thanks for the wake-up call. I was drifting off there.

Do you consider philosophical and spiritual thought to be useless?

-
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

glooey wrote:If you are a genius, why are you not out in the real world solving the practical problems that mankind faces instead of indulging in this virtual masturbation?

The greatest and only problem of mankind is untruth. And the solution to that problem is to know the truth, and make it known to others. If you haven't found this solution, then you are living in a dream and not the real world, regardless of how many practical problems you've managed to solve.
Blair

Post by Blair »

glooey wrote:Question. If you are a genius, why are you not out in the real world solving the practical problems that mankind faces instead of indulging in this virtual masturbation?
Ok you bigmouth anonymous shit-slinger, give me at least three reasons why mankind deserves to be helped, and if I'm convinced, I'll put in and do all I can (ps. I can do a lot more than the average joe, if so inclined)