Women Combat Pilots, Are they really necessary?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Cristabe

Post by Cristabe »

Do Women Combat Pilots justify the cost of training and is it acceptable for a country to have Women POW's in case of enemy action? Women by their nature are not aggressive and they might have to think about starting a family etc., thus cutting short their combat careers.

Note: This is not a male chauvinist question and not meant to degrade women.
Just inviting some discussions with regard to military careers only.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Women Combat Pilots, Are they really necessary?

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Cristabe wrote:Do Women Combat Pilots justify the cost of training and is it acceptable for a country to have Women POW's in case of enemy action? Women by their nature are not aggressive and they might have to think about starting a family etc., thus cutting short their combat careers.
On my planet the women are the more aggressive and mean species. They are already combat pilots on a mission but without the high-tech plane (but that would be the target male... hahah). As combat pilots they need to control their hormones, no matter the gender. As for war: aren't they normally fought over resources, comfort, status? What are they worth without family back home, and without the feminine priority given to these? Id' propose a complete female military and perhaps one day we'll see just that. I"m sure they'll be overall more effective somehow with all the physical constrains gone in a hyper-modernized theater.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Cristabe wrote:Women by their nature are not aggressive
That is a pretty powerful delusion.

One Statscan report said that women were more aggressive than men in 11 categories, including but not limited to (the use of):

knives
poison
guns
frying-pans
etc..

I guess men are more likely to punch a woman, and with that there is a significant threat of fatally injuring the woman. On the other hand, women like Bobbitt are going to take a knife to the man's body and cut him into pieces, or shoot him in the head as one woman did when her husband brought her a warm beer.

Evidently, you haven't looked very closely at african female behavior in urban projects. Or female gang involvement. Or overlooked the hundreds of female serial killers. Here is a short list from http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/noto ... index.html

Beverley Allitt
Attentive pediatric nurse, suffering from bizarre Munchausen by Proxy syndrome, maims and murders many babies before the hospital understands the problem.

Angels of Death — The Female Nurses
Nurses continue to murder their patients. Dr. Katherine Ramsland examines the motives and some high-profile and recent cases.

Velma Barfield
This adoring mother and pious Christian grandmother had a secret habit -- she poisoned her husbands, boyfriends, elderly people in her care and even her mother. The amazing thing is how long this Black Widow serial poisoner got away with it.

Sue Basso
Depraved woman traps mentally handicapped man so she can use him as slave and kill him for insurance.

Elizabeth Bathory
This legendary countess is remembered for murdering women for fun and bathing in their blood to make herself more beautiful. Was there any truth to this heinous legend or was this a story concocted by her powerful political enemies?

Celeste Beard
Steven Beard, a retired television executive, was startled awake to find his innards lying where his belly should have been.
Conscious but bewildered, he reached for a phone on his nightstand and dialed 911 for Austin, Texas.
Who would have guessed that his wife Celeste had manipulated her lesbian lover into being the "hit man"? She thought she had gotten away with murder, but….

Martha Beck & Raymond Fernandez
The story of a desperately lonely overweight woman who lets herself fall into partnership with a man who murders women for money. The so-called Lonely Hearts Murders, entwined in voodoo magic and kinky sex, becomes one of the most sensational cases of the 1940s.

Bambi Bembenek
Escape of ex-cop and convicted murderer

The Black Widow
The methods and motives of this special brand of female serial killer. Includes a new chapter.

Lizzie Borden
This classic has to be one of the most enduring murder mysteries America has ever produced. Elderly Andrew Borden, still in his heavy morning coat, reclines on a mohair-covered sofa, his boots on the floor so as not to soil the upholstery. As he naps, his wife, Abby, is on the floor of the guestroom upstairs, dead for the past hour and a half, killed by the same hand, with the same axe, that is about to strike him, as he sleeps.

The bloodiness of the acts is startling. Along with the gruesome nature of the crimes is the unexpected character of the accused, not a hatchet-wielding maniac, but a church-going, Sunday-school-teaching, respectable, spinster-daughter, charged with parricide, the murder of parents, a crime worthy of Classical Greek tragedy. Many people believed she killed her father and stepmother, but recent forensic research suggests that she didn't.

Joyce Lemay Cohen
The eyes that stare out from the Florida prison mug shot are unmistakably those of Joyce Lemay Cohen. Once as pretty as a fashion model, she has retained some of her attractive features umber-colored eyes, lush lips and noble cheekbones. But her hair is shorn, and she has gone gray. Something she would never have tolerated in the lavish life she once led. But after 15 years in prison, any remaining glimmer of glamour went dull long ago for Cohen.

At age 24 she married a rich older man, Stanley Cohen, who introduced Joyce, his fourth wife, to a jet-set way of life. They lived in an historic mansion overlooking Biscayne Bay in Miami's ritzy Coconut Grove section. They drove Jaguars and flew in their own jet. They vacationed in one adult sandbox after another the Bahamas, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Las Vegas and Cancun, Mexico. Mrs. Cohen became accustomed to the fine things in life designer clothing, satin sheets, servants.

She enjoyed her husband's wealth. She enjoyed his "Miami Vice" lifestyle. She enjoyed his social status. But over time the marriage began to lose its sheen. He was playing around on her and she was doing too much cocaine.

Belle Gunness
This Black Widow may have set the record in the killings of her husbands, lovers, and children. A new update explores how in her youth a boy's brutal treatment of her might have influenced her violent streak.

Many more at the link
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

On my planet the women are the more aggressive and mean species.
For once, Diebert is making sense. Ever see a catfight? Don't forget the Marquess of Queensberry was a guy. Catfights are like UFC matches with prison language thrown in.
Animus wrote:I guess men are more likely to punch a woman, and with that there is a significant threat of fatally injuring the woman. On the other hand, women like Bobbitt are going to take a knife to the man's body and cut him into pieces
Well, we don't want Lorena Bobbitt flying sorties. Imagine if she'd thrown her husband's dick out the window of a plane, they'd never find it.

Most guys have had the feeling at one time or another that our prick has been somewhere we haven't, but in Bobbitt's case it is literally true that he hasn't been everywhere his dick has.

I see absolutely no reason why women should not be combat pilots just because of gender. If a woman has what it takes to master the stress, she should be able to compete for the job like everyone else.

I don't see any difference in potentially having downed female pilots being POWs. Why is that worse than having men as POWs? If anything, it would be better. The enemy now has a female as a hostage - it is a second-place trophy. Double-edged sword in using a female captive as propaganda. You'd be showing the world that even your enemy's women can destroy you.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Animus wrote:Evidently, you haven't looked very closely at african female behavior in urban projects.
If you did not mean African-American, perhaps you should have at least capitalized African. However, anyone who has lived in such an urban environment understands what you mean.

One other thing, animus - you should make it clear when you are quoting something - until I clicked on the link in your last post, I thought you were saying the things in it.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

cousinbasil wrote:
Animus wrote:Evidently, you haven't looked very closely at african female behavior in urban projects.
If you did not mean African-American, perhaps you should have at least capitalized African. However, anyone who has lived in such an urban environment understands what you mean.

One other thing, animus - you should make it clear when you are quoting something - until I clicked on the link in your last post, I thought you were saying the things in it.
You are concerned with him capitalizing African but then you don't capitalize his Animus. Guess this is why you don't bother capitalizing cousinbasil you .. you slack-eyed whatever :-)
Don't run to your death
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

From a military standpoint - they're not required if there are enough male pilots. The USSR used a few women in night bomber missions after 1943, but that was at a time when Stalin was feeding the passing out batches of 1939, 40, 41 and 42 into the Nazi meat grinders. The squadron(an all-women one) didn't survive the war either, as it was dissolved in 1947/48, so obviously they weren't seen as important.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

jupiviv wrote:The squadron(an all-women one) didn't survive the war either, as it was dissolved in 1947/48, so obviously they weren't seen as important.
Important or not does not seem to be so much the question as are they adequately interchangeable for men in that position? Why should men do all of this type of work if a female is equally good?
Cristabe wrote:Do Women Combat Pilots justify the cost of training and is it acceptable for a country to have Women POW's in case of enemy action? Women by their nature are not aggressive and they might have to think about starting a family etc., thus cutting short their combat careers.
I have seen American soldiers of both genders have to leave children at home while they go on a tour of duty. I have seen people of both genders leave the military at their earliest opportunity. If you meant that they might cut short their combat careers but not their military careers - I don't know what country you are in, but once you sign up for the US military, you don't get to pick and choose where you go or what you do anywhere near what your recruiter may have said. If you get trained as a pilot, you will be a pilot as long as they determine you should be a pilot, and you will be the kind of pilot that they tell you that you will be.
jupiviv

Post by jupiviv »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:...are they adequately interchangeable for men in that position? Why should men do all of this type of work if a female is equally good?
Well, that was the point - they're not adequately interchangeable with men(generally speaking, of course). If they were, then - in the example I gave - the all-women squadron wouldn't have been disbanded after the war.
Tomas

Comedy Central

Post by Tomas »

Note: This is not a male chauvinist question and not meant to degrade women.
Just inviting some discussions with regard to military careers only.
Sure. Let'em have at it. POW's are gonna happen. They get captured?-may as well kick back and enjoy the show. Katie Couric (and her assorted lefty minions) will have a field day. The scorn can be heaped on the Republican party and the foreign-born Obama will still be looking for his original, long-form birth certificate from some Hawaiian hospital none of which takes credit.

They can harvest a few eggs before going off to combat, men will line up at sperm donor banks just waiting to whack into that cup. The pilots can send a couple revealing photos if the boys have a low count on any given day. Any volunteers from Genius Forums are most welcomed. If the woman dies in combat the in-vitro can take place and the child can collect a survivor's pension. The American Way is still the best.

Please recite the pledge of allegiance. My country tis of thee, sweet land of
Don't run to your death
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

When a woman goes into any field, she generally has her eyes open as to what she's getting into. Only a fool would tackle something blind, she is no fool.

She is aware that she could be shot down, raped, killed, but her confidence is her willpower, and she's willing to die to try.

Although, emotions play a factor in female behavior and mind-set, any mind being male or female will be affected to some degree by gorry devastation, the mind who is determined will endure it to the end be it male or female.

If a woman is trained to kill, than she can kill, because, it's already on her mind to do so. If she chooses to be a combat pilot, than she can do anything put forth to her, because she is already in the mental preparation and mindset for it, otherwise she wouldn't have looked into it before hand.

A woman is as good as any man at anything, but, the woman knows whether she can do it or not, it's an individual thing. Only individuals can do certain jobs.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mensa wrote:A woman is as good as any man at anything,
You have to know that this is not true. If it were, women would not need their own professional sports leagues, for example.

Why is it some women just refuse to get this? That is so annoying. It is annoying because it makes me not want to defend equal opportunity for women. For something like being a combat pilot, where the person is manipulating a machine, I can see no reason why a woman is intrinsically less suited. It is a demanding occupation in many ways, but not in ways that seem to depend on gender, although there may in fact be studies out there that demonstrate otherwise, I don't know. But I am reluctant to lend my voice to equal opportunity for such a field because it may be adding to some woman's misguided notion that all fields should be open to women, that "A woman is as good as any man at anything" and anyone who doesn't agree must in some way be victimizing women. Which I do not.
Animus

Post by Animus »

I suspect it is harder for women to keep top secret information top secret. But that's loosely based on my own experience.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

It depends on the woman, what her ability to understand top secret information is, and how pertinent it is to keep shut about it. I know I could keep shut. I've kept shut all my life on two things and haven't uttered a word to anyone.

I believe women can do any job men can do, but, it depends on the woman, she knows if she can do it or not. I was in shipping and receiving when I was 18 strong and determined, lifting, weighing, and shipping off large boxes.
Animus

Post by Animus »

mensa-maniac wrote:I've kept shut all my life on two things and haven't uttered a word to anyone.
What things are those?
Animus

Post by Animus »

Well, some data.

First of all, some shady data from looking at Yahoo Answers. The vast majority of Men and Women seem to think Men are much better at keeping secrets.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 329AAHmmsf

Second a "British study finds that about four in 10 women cannot keep a secret no matter how confidential the subject" what's worse "the speed with which the confidantes spilled the beans: in less than 48 hours!"

http://www.tressugar.com/News-Flash-Wom ... ts-5063774
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... l?ITO=1490
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... h-are.html

Although, in the Psychology of Secrets by Anita Kelly, women score as high as men in tests of self-concealment, when the secret pertains to themselves. Evidently they are not good at keeping other people's secrets.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

mensa-maniac wrote: I know I could keep shut. I've kept shut all my life on two things and haven't uttered a word to anyone.
By saying that much, you have proven that you are not fit for top secret clearance.

Animus, you know that not all females are the same. There are politically incorrect generalizations that may have some validity (not saying that is the case in this instance) but the opportunity should be there for females so that the door is open for those who are qualified, and if that is the appropriate path for them.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Animus wrote:
mensa-maniac wrote:I've kept shut all my life on two things and haven't uttered a word to anyone.
What things are those?
Hehe, you took the words out of my mouth.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
mensa-maniac wrote: I know I could keep shut. I've kept shut all my life on two things and haven't uttered a word to anyone.
By saying that much, you have proven that you are not fit for top secret clearance.

Animus, you know that not all females are the same. There are politically incorrect generalizations that may have some validity (not saying that is the case in this instance) but the opportunity should be there for females so that the door is open for those who are qualified, and if that is the appropriate path for them.
Mensa says: You're right Elizabeth, I wouldn't be fit for top secret clearance after stating what I did, because I could be tortured into spilling my guts then. What I know is of no significance to anyone!
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

menses-maniac wrote:What I know is of no significance to anyone!
As you have aptly demonstrated countelss times here at GF.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

cousinbasil wrote:
As you have aptly demonstrated countelss times here at GF.
Mensa says: You're very mean to say that to me. Go Fuck yourself!
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Do you insensitive idiots not know that I have feelings. A couple of you are insufferable inconsiderate boors.

As mean as you boors are, you'll never convince me that I have nothing to offer. What makes either of you idiots think you have anything worthwhile to contribute? I have more to contribute than any of you fuck heads. All you contribute is your nastiness and meaness which is no where near genius.

So Blair and Cousinbasil, stay away from my posts if you think I haven't anything to contribute, if being mean or nasty is all you have to contribute to my posts, then stay away and I will stay away from you too!
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

mensa-maniac wrote:
cousinbasil wrote:
As you have aptly demonstrated countless times here at GF.
Mensa says: You're very mean to say that to me. Go Fuck yourself!
I was just agreeing with you.

But you are right. It was my bad. I have been called other things, but "insensitive" is one of the few I will admit to. Occasionally, that is. Usually, I am quite empathic.

You should read what you write, especially if you are going to be a famous journalist. Saying something like "What I know is of no significance to anyone" is like carrying a big sign that reads "KICK ME."

BTW, I have tried to fuck myself, but things just don't seem to reach, if you know what I mean.
So Blair and Cousinbasil, stay away from my posts if you think I haven't anything to contribute
I can't speak for princey, but I have no intention of staying away from your posts. That's like telling a kid to keep his hands out of the cookie jar. Sorry - no can do.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

I have more to contribute than any of you fuck heads. All you contribute is your nastiness and meaness which is no where near genius.
Just for the record, I may be a fuck-head, but I am not a mean or nasty fuck-head.

And let's not get too wrapped up with this genius classification. I know there has been much back-and-forth at GF about what the term means in this venue or in general.

The only contributor that appears to approach what the term is held to mean here is Solway, IMHO, due largely to his consistency of thought, at least as it appears in his PFTH, which I take to be quite the minor masterpiece. But again, I cannot back that up - it is only an opinion.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

cousinbasil wrote:
I have more to contribute than any of you fuck heads. All you contribute is your nastiness and meaness which is no where near genius.
Just for the record, I may be a fuck-head, but I am not a mean or nasty fuck-head.

And let's not get too wrapped up with this genius classification. I know there has been much back-and-forth at GF about what the term means in this venue or in general.

The only contributor that appears to approach what the term is held to mean here is Solway, IMHO, due largely to his consistency of thought, at least as it appears in his PFTH, which I take to be quite the minor masterpiece. But again, I cannot back that up - it is only an opinion.
Mensa says: You know damn well those words I said were in reference to what Elizabeth and I were talking about. But, you used my words against me, and you have the audacity to say you're not mean or nasty.

My posts are as good as anyone's posts or better!