In the News

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Matt Gregory

Re: In the News

Post by Matt Gregory »

Here we go, someone is on the verge of creating artificial life, and thus scientifically proving what we philosophers knew all along: the life is just a machine after all:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/ ... matechange
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Oh ya. Just what the world needs; yet another microbe with unknown characteristics. Anyone remember Stephen King's "The Stand"?
Goddess made sex for company.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

daybrown wrote:Oh ya. Just what the world needs; yet another microbe with unknown characteristics. Anyone remember Stephen King's "The Stand"?
Yep..
It's just a ride.
Iolaus

Re: In my Inbox

Post by Iolaus »

From healthfreedomusa:

Item:

The 2004 "New Freedoms Initiative" (which was passed into law in 2004) says that all children from 0 to 18 must be screened for "Mental Illness".

Item:

Children found to have "Mental Illness" are to be drugged with strong, dangerous and largely untested (at least for long term use in children) psychoactive medications - whether their parents want them to be or not.

Item:

Parents who do not want their children to be drugged run the very serious risk of loosing them to State custody.

Item:

Children in State custody may be used as experimental subjects in the absence of informed consent, just as prisoners may be.

Item:

When the State has taken custody of children because their parents did not want them drugged and allows them to be used as experimental subjects, it is paid by the drug company conducting the experiment(s) for the right to experiment on these children.

Item:

Newborns and young infants are "screened" for "Mental Illness by having their mothers (or expectant mothers) screened.

Item:

Pregnant women given psychoactive drugs after the 20th week of pregnancy are 6 times as likely to give birth to a baby with a life threatening birth defect, pulmonary hypertension. Click here to read more (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php/?p=422).

Item:

Compulsory drugging of pregnant mothers has horrifying and potentially lethal consequences for the mother AND the baby.

Item:

The police power of the State can be used to compel pregnant mothers to take psychoactive drugs to protect the "Mental Health" of her baby.

Item:

Mainstream commentary about Orwellian "New Freedoms Initiative" (passed and signed without an audible murmur) and the loss of Constitutional rights it institutionalizes has been nil. Ron Paul's corrective bill, HR 2387, The Parental Consent Act of 2007, would make it illegal to use Federal Funds for such screening and to give Federal education funds to any entity which uses parental refusal of such screening as the cause for charges of child abuse, medical neglect or similar charges.

Click here (http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php/?p=423) to read the startling Findings enumerated at the beginning of this bill. It's a real eye opener.
Truth is a pathless land.
hsandman

Re: In my Inbox

Post by hsandman »

Iolaus wrote:From healthfreedomusa:

Item:

The 2004 "New Freedoms Initiative" (which was passed into law in 2004) says that all children from 0 to 18 must be screened for "Mental Illness".

The "euthanasia" program required the cooperation of many German doctors, who reviewed the medical files of patients in institutions to determine which handicapped or mentally ill individuals should be killed.
(Source)
It's just a ride.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Daybrown should be absolutely thrilled with this news, Anna!

Good website:
Codex Alimentarius is Unscientific
Codex is unscientific because it classifies nutrients as toxins and uses “Risk Assessment” to set ultra low so-called “safe upper limits” for them. Risk Assessment is a branch of Toxicology, the science for assessing toxins. The proper science for assessing nutrients is Biochemistry. Codex does not use Biochemistry.
It's truly mind blowing how such categorical deceptions are pumped out and purchased wholesale...
Shrewdly, Slowly Raising Heat
Codex will go into global effect on December 31, 2009, unless we, the People, take action and avert it. Right now, we are like a frog boiled slowly, the heat raised gradually so we won’t jump out of the water. The media is used to make us believe that Codex is about “consumer protection”. Part of the media strategy is to tarnish the image of natural health options, through for-hire studies.
...which literally is about protecting the consumer for the benefit of the multi-nationals. If the consumer were to become anything more, there'd be no multi-nationals.
Between Suicides
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Well thanx Leyla; I pulled up this: http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/index.php
But whatever the FDA decides to do, you can still educate yourself. If women are worried about children, they mite consider moving to the Arkansas Ozarks. I know some women in healthcare here who are aware of the FDA bullshit. There may be some in other regions as well, and more often away from the more politically correct metro areas.

Its really difficult. Many mothers themselves were raised on the same deficient and contaminated diets, and are not all that rational. Hominid evolution suggests it has always been so; the witches helped raise the kids of incompetent mothers to maximize genetic diversity in small gene pools. DNA suggests Native Europeans evolved in villages of 150-300 over the last 10,000 years. And for them, the nuclear family model is nuts. What is needed is a return to the village that Hillary spoke of years ago.

I was able to do it for my kids, born in 1977,78, & 82; at Chimes AR, on a mountain with a dozen other families. Our kids didnt need a parent to drive them to see friends. They walked thru the woods. up to 1.5 miles away. The parents were all organic gardners. The kids slept over piled up like puppies all the time up until puberty when things got too interesting for the girls. Of the 5 boys that I knew the ACT scores of, all were over the 95th percentile.

From what I can tell from the school reports, given the remarkably low rates of mental pathology in the small schools of family farm areas, any concerned parents would do all they could to get their kids into these schools. The peer pressure of sane kids would do a lotta good. The last thing you'd want to do is put an at risk kid in a school full of insane kids with neurotic teachers and politically correct administration in an urban area full of more of the same.

MIte be interesting to see what the academic performance of the kids who grew up at Gaston's Farm was. In any case, why stop at just screening children for mental pathology? How bout voters?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Evidence that there are unconscious women out there

And the cop was the first person to notice that? No one else even bothered to honk?
Tomas

Calgary, Alberta - July 20th, 2008

Post by Tomas »

July 20th, 2008 - Group meets in Calgary Alberta in Canada and proceeds to the Northern most point on the circle. A ceremony will be conducted at 1:36 pm (this is the time that the sun reaches its highest point in the sky at this location) along the banks of the Red Deer River near Rumsey Alberta. Afterwards the group will proceed around the circle heading east. (see map)

About Shrines and Sacred Sites
http://www.shrinesandsacredsites.com/events.htm

The Blue Planetary Grid in Alberta
http://www.shrinesandsacredsites.com/bluegrid.htm

Boyan

Post by Boyan »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7038992.stm

Muslim scholars reach out to pope, citing many similarities between the two delusions.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

I have'nt confirmed this story in mainstreem media, can somone confirm/refute this?

Bush “Criminalises” the Anti-War Movement

“I have issued an Executive Order blocking property of persons determined to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq or undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people.”
On July 11, 2007 the CIA published its “National Intelligence Estimate” which pointed to an imminent Al Qaeda attack on America, a second 9/11 which, according to the terms of NSPD 51, would immediately be followed by the suspension of constitutional government and the instatement of martial law under the authority of the president and the vice-president. (For further details, see Michel Chossudovsky, Bush Directive for a “Catastrophic Emergency” in America: Building a Justification for Waging War on Iran? June 2007)
It's just a ride.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Here is the actual Executive Order.

Per usual, it is written in legalese rather than plain English, so it can be interpreted a variety of ways. It could be interpreted that way, or it could be interpreted that it is targeting people who are upsetting humanitarian efforts or destabilizing what peace they have managed to get in Iraq.

Legalese is bad English. Laws would make a lot more sense if they were written in good, modern, standard English.
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Here is the actual Executive Order.

Per usual, it is written in legalese rather than plain English, so it can be interpreted a variety of ways. It could be interpreted that way, or it could be interpreted that it is targeting people who are upsetting humanitarian efforts or destabilizing what peace they have managed to get in Iraq.

Legalese is bad English. Laws would make a lot more sense if they were written in good, modern, standard English.
Thank you Elisabeth. Good to see somone checking/cross-referencing info.

Interpret it as you wish. I like to interpret things in the context of the history. How many amendments on your American constitution are still left? Right to bear arms? Are there enough bears in USA for every citizen to have one? ;-)

Reminds me of the movie Titanic… Like watching it all over again %-/
It's just a ride.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Choose your baby's gender

The practice, known as "social sex selection," is banned in many countries, including Britain and Canada. It is opposed by major medical organizations in the United States. One recent survey conducted by the University of Illinois at Chicago found 59 percent of women would not use sex selection even if it were free.

But still - that's 41% of people open minded to it. That's a good chunk. I wonder how many out of that 41% wanted boys? A promising innovation.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote: I wonder how many out of that 41% wanted boys? A promising innovation.
Probably most. Once my mother found out she was pregnant, the only thing that consoled her was the belief that she would finally get the boy she always wanted. I've heard the same thing so many times from so many other females - that their parents wanted a boy. Only once have I ever heard a guy say that his parents wanted a girl.

And I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see that sentiment out of you. Even after 2 years of you immersing yourself in philosophy, you still (or perhaps even more strongly) devalue certain people from the time of their conception just because of the type of development of their genitalia - and at the fetal stage, that is all that you can tell for sure.
One recent survey conducted by the University of Illinois at Chicago found 59 percent of women would not use sex selection even if it were free.
I wonder how many men would choose?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote: And I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see that sentiment out of you. Even after 2 years of you immersing yourself in philosophy, you still (or perhaps even more strongly) devalue certain people from the time of their conception just because of the type of development of their genitalia - and at the fetal stage, that is all that you can tell for sure.
This is has everything to do with innate feminine psychological tendencies, and pretty much nothing to do with genitalia.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Cory Duchesne wrote: This is has everything to do with innate feminine psychological tendencies, and pretty much nothing to do with genitalia.
Transnationals are changing the priorities. I read earlier today that they have hired so many women, and that so many more young women have education more advanced than men, that in the 21-30 age group, women make more money than men.

There is also the social reality, that of the grown children, it is the women who look after their mothers far more than the men. Lots of old women are not looked after by their sons, but by their daughters in law, and even their *x*-daughters in law.

Then too, Both China and India are producing more sons. In coming years, the more successful men will come here looking for wives, so the mothers that bear girls will be far more likely to be rewarded with some of the assets of the sons-in-law ... even before the divorce.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Cory Duchesne wrote:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote: And I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see that sentiment out of you. Even after 2 years of you immersing yourself in philosophy, you still (or perhaps even more strongly) devalue certain people from the time of their conception just because of the type of development of their genitalia - and at the fetal stage, that is all that you can tell for sure.
This is has everything to do with innate feminine psychological tendencies, and pretty much nothing to do with genitalia.
(bold added)

I don't want to derail this thread - do we need to start a new topic, or do you get the point that I'm driving at?
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

The UN link got hung up on me Hsandman; but as for Cafferty, pick one: you can have a republic, or an empire.
Channel flipping last nite I saw a statium full to watch a baseball game. Earlier, on both Sat & Sun, stadia full to watch football. The emperors all knew, give the people the games, and they'll forget about their republican traditions.

Dont worry about it. I agreed with Pres Ford, that the nation had more important business than to go after Nixon, and it'll have even more pressing business, with a ten trillion dollar national debt and increasing healthcare problems than doing anything to Bush. Altho, if somebody dropped a bunker buster on his ass, I dont think there'd be much investigation either.

You know how a mortar works, right? Well, imagine scaling that up, to the size where it'd fill a Freuhauff. With a roll top. Should be able to throw a couple tons of C4 or some such 10km. Right? Now, just load it up, drive the 18 wheeler into DC, and during a press conference in the Rose Garden, on live TV, let the White House staff know what the boys in Iraq mean by the phrase "incoming".
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

daybrown:

Try downloading the link with youtube dowloader.

To be honest, I kind of feel sorry for g. bush, the poor guy obviously lacks the cunning and stamina for the kind of stuff they have been up to. You can't choose a family you are born into. The video where he is reading to kids and gets the news about the "attack", by his face expression, I can tell that he has received the conformation he waited for and he looks uneasy about it. His bungling of political stage shows is another clue of him being just a Pinocchio.

The zionists should be made to build a rocket out of the gold they have, - put in it and sent right in to the sun 10km/h, or at least put on Easter Island, RFID them and make them to live, together with illuminati, media thought prostitutes, religious spinsters,marketers and other human psychopathic garbage to cheat,lie and generaly destroy each other and the island together. Maybe the world would have some peace for a while and actualy use this tech for human races benifit, instead of against it .

Now why would anyone in the right mind give these people that much power over their lives? Be trendy and hip don't wait. (The security guard is a real sweetheart, RFID Promo)

I saw this tech about 5 years ago. Funny how the guy skips the all the implications of satelite use of this software <- add rfid and watter for one hell of a computer game (pun intended)

Religion + Desensitization via tv etc + Total control =
For genocide to happen, there must be certain preconditions. Foremost among them is a national culture that does not place a high value on human life. A totalitarian society, with its assumed superior ideology, is also a precondition for genocidal acts.[37] In addition, members of the dominant society must perceive their potential victims as less than fully human: as “pagans,” “savages,” “uncouth barbarians,” “unbelievers,” “effete degenerates,” “ritual outlaws,” “racial inferiors,” “class antagonists,” “counterrevolutionaries,” and so on.[38] In themselves, these conditions are not enough for the perpetrators to commit genocide. To do that—that is, to commit genocide—the perpetrators need a strong, centralized authority and bureaucratic organization as well as pathological individuals and criminals. Also required is a campaign of vilification and dehumanization of the victims by the perpetrators, who are usually new states or new regimes attempting to impose conformity to a new ideology and its model of society.[39]

– M. Hassan KakarM
(Source)
For NWO to come in there is a need for total collapse of world economy = From protocols of Learned elders of Zion.
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

Hsandman, I dont doubt that Mossad had a lot to do with 911; but they needed help from within the CIA and the Bush organization, if that's the right word for that bunch of demented ideologues. But if the Jews had as much power as attributed to them, the world would be more organized. Then too, if you dont like the way the Jews run things, wait til we see the Chinese have at it. In East Asia, they run the stores, banks, and businesses just like the Jews in the West, and garnered the same degree of animosity for the high cost of their management.

The other thing to note, is that the Jews have never been able to dominate a political system that was not Christian. We dont have a "Jewish problem", we have a *CHRISTIAN PROBLEM*. The Christian fundy support of Israel to fulfill what they think is prophecy confounds efforts to settle the partition of the "Holy Land" in any reasonable fashion. Nevertheless, Israel provides a forward base for western culture and technology, and a testing platform for weaponry, for which the Pentagon is grateful.

Bush is also performing a service in his mindless expansion of presidential powers that look like will be handed on to Hillary. But whoever takes over, the electorate is not rational, and neither are the Jewish/Christian oligarchs. I mean, like how stupid do you havta be to outsource American jobs, and not foresee that people wont be able to pay the mortgage? The Jewish bankers are bankrupting their own customers. That dont look like the policy of any illuminati, but it does look like typical market mindlessness. "Market Sentiment", which has been in denial, is headed for psychosis. And it'll take a really sharp mind, which- whatever her faults- Hillary has, to build the confidence and consensus to deal with it.... if its not already out of control by the time she takes over.

Part of the global problem is a demonstrable decline in rationality. Nova's "Ghost in the Genes" rap on epigenetics barely alluded to it with mythel tags that turn genes on or off. What they did not get very far into, despite the footage of Choppers spraying crops, is that it only takes homeopathic levels of neurotoxiins, phyto-estrogens, and other compounds in the food, but also in the urban environment to damage mental development. Sometimes you get a kid who is normal anyway, but sometimes you see autism, ADD, ADHD, or ICD in childhood, or Christian fundies as adults, who have faith because like Saint Paul said, their reasoning powers are just not up to dealing with reality.

Part of the reason the Jews have become so dominant, is that while they have the DNA markers for autism, they much more rarely suffer from the other problems and grow up competent and rational enuf to advance in the corporate culture. And no matter who's in charge, Hillary, the Jews, the Masons, or whoever, the question is whether they can think far enuf out of the group think box to understand the problems and deal effectively with them.

You need a rational electorate for a democracy, and lacking that, the best we can hope for is rational tyranny.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

daybrown: What does hope has to do with Rational Tyranny?

ps. This vid (SeaDragon)goes on more in-depth visually about the "SeaDragon" and Satellite imaging, from the post above.
It's just a ride.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

In "Collapse" Diamond mentions two tyrants, Tokugawa and Trujillo which were able to stop the clearcutting which was destroying the forests and washing down onto the farmland in flash floods. They both used the same policy that no republic seems able to do. They butchered the loggers.

There was too much money to be made in the logging business, and there was not time to get the population behind an effective policy- it was ruining the farmland and threatening famine. Dion, in Syracuse didnt ask a senate how to fight the Greeks, he just gave out his orders in time to actually succeed at it. The 20th century gave tyranny a bad name, but there are several now, operating like Roman governors of provinces that are keeping a lid on things better than popularly elected demagogues would.

Several times the Roman empire was pulled back from the brink of dissolution by a competent emperor taking over. And so far, it looks like in 08, we'll get to see if a woman can pull it off. Just cause I hope she can, dont mean I dont work to expand my garden and improve the fertility. Just because I hope to be left alone to enjoy the fruits of my labor, dont mean I dont buy more ammo from time to time. Since that which I prepare for is never what happens, I actually have more expectation than hope.