In the News

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Tomas

Re: In the News

Post by Tomas »

Jason wrote:Did anyone go to the rallies opposing Australian internet censorship?
Did you?

Anyway, the government is the final arbiter in these matters. The people only exist to pay the taxes to keep the government in power.

Rally all you want, just be sure to look into the camera eye, a good, digital scan of your face is what they need to round you up at a later date.

PS - China excess population is moving to your country, get used to it.

Don't run to your death
Jason

Post by Jason »

Last edited by Jason on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That was pretty funny.
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

The baby is laughing and smiling at the end of the clip, but the video has attracted criticism from child-welfare advocates because of how vigorously the man swings the baby by its arms.
If the baby is laughing, it wasn't abuse.

I'd like to see it.
Truth is a pathless land.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Iolaus wrote:I'd like to see it.
I read some forum posts which suggested that the video was originally from Russia and the baby was a member of a circus family - which sounds like a reasonable explanation. I remember my Dad used to swing me around rather vigorously when I was a kid and it was absolutely exhilarating. I'm too big for that now, the closest I could probably come now is something like this.
DivineIntercourse

Post by DivineIntercourse »

lol - that's great!
Tomas

Brother Paterson

Post by Tomas »

Brother Paterson

-snip-

"When David Paterson was sworn in as Governor of New York he represented the 20th Freemason to hold that office..."

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.nymasons.org/cms/node/429

Freemasons for Dummies
http://freemasonsfordummies.blogspot.co ... erson.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Illegal (Alien) Fatally Beat Woman Who Gives Him Home

Post by Tomas »

Illegal (Alien) Fatally Beat Woman Who Gives Him Home

-snip-

12-time deportee repays compassionate stranger with murder (see mugshot)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=83966
Don't run to your death
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

'Man flu' should be renamed 'woman flu'
In a survey of 2,000 people, 85 per cent of women admitted exaggerating their symptoms to gain sympathy compared to just 76 per cent of men.

Gladeana McMahon, consultant psychotherapist said the findings were surprising because men had a tendency to talk more about their illnesses. She said: "Women tend to talk more about their feelings generally, but men it seems, appear to vocalise more when they're sick - that's where the myth around 'man' flu originated.
Or perhaps one talks more about feelings only because one is sick and desires relief, and only because of that. Or as Douglas Adams joked about humans in general: if they don't keep on exercising their lips, their brains start working. Ouch!
Tomas

Gerry Spence

Post by Tomas »

Gerry Spence

-snip-

In new 'retirement,' Wyoming's most famous attorney laments 'demonizing' of trial lawyers (see photos)

http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/12/22 ... 0af335.txt
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Sex slavery: Living the American nightmare

Post by Tomas »

Sex slavery: Living the American nightmare

-snip-

Shadowy multibillion-dollar industry far more widespread than expected.

"Today, you can buy a human being for $200 in any major city in the world."

see video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28161210
Don't run to your death
Jason

Post by Jason »

mansman

Re: USA Doomed

Post by mansman »

Recent, to me at least, statistic: Guess which develop country has highest rate of teen pregnancy and/or babies born to.
I give clues.
Try to guess this tough one.

Its not one that has not allowed abortion.
Its not one in which abortion has only recently been allowed.
Its not one in which condoms or clinics is a shortage.
Its not one in which little girls arnt taught about birth prevention.
(figure it out yet?)

ok,
Its got thousands of doctors able and willing to suck out unwanted fetuses of varrying ages.
Its obsessed with freedom for EVERYONE (...with whom it agrees with, that is).
OK, OK, your not going to get it so I do tell you, beleive or not its America, the United States of!

Well Im going to say it my observation is long enough now, the fate of this country is all but hopeless.
What we got?
Ok, the men and women are all mixed up, never will that go in reverse. All mixed up in the school, in the work, in the Congress, all over mixed up.
This means if one person realize what is main problem (MP) and how to correct problem, and any large group disagree, cannot dare to speak up that one person, and situation remain same, time bomb.
And if large group of people think they know what is problem and how to fix MP but other large group disagree again nothing can be remedy, time bomb.

Also, if a large group (FG) convince another large group (SG) that THEY (SG) are the problem, and the first group is wrong, then no matter how all cooperate nothing will improve, time bomb. And if one from SG persuade one or two from FG that they are wrong about the problem and even are the ones CAUSING the problem nothing again change, all few aware will be thrown aside, time bomb.

Once the vinegar is poured into the oil impossible to get it to leave without extreme measures, right?
So situation is hopeless.

More than this, here in this country those whith a chance to discover the problem have been dumbed down many decades so they think solution to MP is more-or-less evenly distribute, and if not so- and is not so- again, swimming up river but all get nowhere, time bomb. Boom.
So I ask how can turn trend around, I say not going to happen without involuntary revolution.

Those not have access to much American TV, may interest you to know that crisises in families so severe here that county has commissioned Brittish Nannies and dog trainers to teach millions of people their parental mistakes by way of television. No joke. They could not find any one here to teach these families or their pets, no one they would accept the hard truth from, no one willing to risk reputation and status and friendship not to mention precious free time. What Ive seen poor victimized children with mostly mothers who had no business ever being a mother in the first place. And there are millions coming to fill their shoes! The future looks very very grim for this country. Not even an Obama can save them.
I see parents mostly mothers who end up damaging their kids far more than any one deviant horny stranger ever could, yet the stranger often gets 5 to 10, mom and her partner get off scot free. Poor girl goes on to reck her own fatherless daughters in time, while the boys are fit for nothing honorable outside of carrying a machine gun and grenades, ending in a like of physical or psychological tragedy too. George Bush's fix, this is.

What happens if those least able to accept responsibility are most responsible.
Who can break it to them.
He will be replaced.

I dont think foreigners who dont spend much time here and for practical purposes become one of us, can ever know how desperate the situation is.
I could compare say with other english speaking developed country-
those in the know know that the entire world is frucked up, some more so than others.
How should we compare, by factors? a pie chart? sure

Frucked-up scale

Wise men in Europe might say Britiain has a "long" way to go.
If so then quite honestly this USA has a long,long,long,long,long way to go.
Too long, in fact.

Its going to get ugly, hope im dead by then.
We're going to need thousands more intelligent nannies, indefinitely.

I cant turn the TV on but 5 minutes without cringing, and thats without dialing the news.

The contrast, in dialog, in behavior, in ideas, in attitudes, in countenance, in discipline, in exxpression, in every way the contrast with any other peoples is extreme and deeply disheartening.

What a relief to tune into say BBC for a bit. Just to taste a modicum of sense.

AND! The best of America is here, right there in that TV set. The scouts have screened the country for decades and tempted most of the most interesting, well-adjusted, beautiful, confident, and educated Americans into the hollywood life!
Where life is easy and fun and money-filled.
Some of the cream heed the call to hiigher things to country and the world but only a few.

enuf said, pass the kleenix.
M
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Dan Rowden wrote:
I hope the cops are able to charge as many of those morons as possible.
You just know no ones going to pay for that lost life and suffering, unless some idiot yelled "run em down people!" thell be no real consequences though an attempt may be made for appearances sake.

At this point in time the people could-give-2-shits-about-others more than ever before. They know they cant get along, that caring is temporary for them. In business circles deception and taking advantage of those more vulnerable, stupid, uninformed and more trusting than YOUrself is now completely ethical, part of good business in practice though not taught explicitly. This runs over into all other relations. Even members of same families consider loyalty up for auction, each is ultimately on their own friends are bought with dollars and twat.
Barely possible to make a friend so untrusting people of this nation have become. After all, the movies demonstrate that every male if given the chance would relish harming any female, its in our basic nature dont you know?
Im amazed how many men still marry, unaware or unwilling to accept that the vast majority of their girlfriends respect them less than household pets are respected. No joke, Ive been paying attention, id say like 90% or more.
Once in a great while you might see the rare well-raised wife or girl lucky to have an adoring intelligent dad and mom.
Most of these however are lost to the gods of religion or to celebrity life.

If ever you happen to spot a woman who respects and accurately appreciates the men in her life, 9 out of 10 times she wont be American made, Who is just too confused and suffering too much to be available to others except to beat bordem or provide distraction. This is what happens when millions of men for some half a century completely turn over the family reigns to their mate. Its like a slow unnoticeable death sentence. And you cant blame women unless her name is Destiny.

This nation has only lasted as long as it has because of its size and resources. If the New World were limited to say the size and capacity of New England we would have come apart, and been restored (at least once or twice), long ago.
And Id now be living in relative paradise!
Cripes!!

ps. Dan Rowden, I read somewhere Kevin Solway removed the time-out for writing here, why on these long ones am I forced to re-sign in, has the timer been accidentally turned on?
- FOREIGNER
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

This is not April Fool's day. It's Christmas Eve. You seem to have gotten your holiday celebration techniques confused, Jason.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

mansman wrote:ps. Dan Rowden, I read somewhere Kevin Solway removed the time-out for writing here, why on these long ones am I forced to re-sign in, has the timer been accidentally turned on?
Not that I know of, but I'll check it out.

[edit: it's set to have no limit, so it must be some other issue]
Tomas

Government, Banks, Currency: Legitimacy Dwindles

Post by Tomas »

Government, Banks, Currency: Legitimacy Dwindles

-snip-

...and some observers are catching a whiff of Soviet-style economic
engineering ("...we pretend to work and they pretend to pay us...")

http://www.whiskeyandgunpowder.com/gove ... y-dwindles
Don't run to your death
Tomas

United States Cremations (see photos)

Post by Tomas »

United States Cremations scattered on the Beautiful Prairie

-snip-

Many families are uncertain what to do with the cremated remains of loved ones, either soon after a cremation, or even years later of having the remains at home.

The loved one's remains truly return to and join nature - rather than being sealed in a container.

many pages of photos

http://www.cremationunitedstates.com
Don't run to your death
Tomas

North Dakota businesses seek high-tech workers

Post by Tomas »

North Dakota businesses, public officials seek to draw high-tech workers to state

-snip-

For the past two years, Brett Hitterdal has had trouble finding workers. He manages the Fargo office for Professional Advantage, a Microsoft Partner company based in Australia.

The average salary for computer science workers is $23.95 an hour, or about $49,816 a year, according to Job Service North Dakota.

http://www.in-forum.com/News/articles/226287
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Are honeybees addicted to cocaine? (see photo)

Post by Tomas »

Are honeybees addicted to cocaine?

-snip-

An Australian scientist is doping up honeybees with cocaine to study how their brain reacts to the drug, and possibly find a way to stop addiction in humans.

An European honey bee, with a drop of cocaine solution on its back, hovers near a feeding station at the Department of Brain, Behaviour and Evolution at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. (see photo)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28418762/wi ... ?GT1=31037
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Israel bombs University in Gaza

Post by Tomas »

Where's the academic outrage over the bombing of a University in Gaza?

-snip-

...the Islamic University is the first and most important institution of higher education in Gaza, serving more than 20,000 students, 60 percent of whom are women.

http://counterpunch.org/gordon12312008.html
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

What? They were educating women? That's a terrorist plot for sure.
Tomas

Stonehenge Beneath the Waters of Lake Michigan

Post by Tomas »

Stonehenge Beneath the Waters of Lake Michigan

-snip-

So is there a North American version of Stonehenge just sitting up there beneath the glacial waters of a small northern bay in Lake Michigan? (4 images)

http://bldgblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/st ... -lake.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Surprise rise in US jobless raises spectre of Great Depressi

Post by Tomas »

Surprise rise in US jobless raises spectre of Great Depression

-snip-

The American economy has already been officially in recession for 12 months. If the situation persists for more than 16 months, this will mark its longest recession since the Depression in the Thirties.

http://tinyurl.com/9a7cbv
Don't run to your death