Feeling oddly Nostalgic...

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Dan Rowden

Feeling oddly Nostalgic...

Post by Dan Rowden »

From "Topica" Mar 15, 2005:

Following is a list of Genius-L contributors who have been most significant in some way to the list over the years (offered in something very roughly like chronological order). My apologies to anyone I may have forgotten or anyone I've left out who feel they ought have been mentioned:

David Quinn, Kevin Solway, Claudia Grinnell, Victor Gunasekara, Matt Gregory, Martin Dudaniec (aka avidaloca), Mark Vetanen, E. Jason (aka Lobster), John Hutton, Randall Ing, Mark Vetanen, John Bird, John J. Stafford (aka Pico), Shardrol, Scot Close (aka Arnold Rimmer and a bunch of others), (Dr.) Ian Kluge, Jeff Jackson, Pamela Stenman, Cassandra Breeding, Valerian, Everett E Allie, Therese Foote, Khai-Wei Choong, Irena, Leo Bartoli, Bob Willis, Dieter Dambiec, Al Young, Marsha Faizi (aka Ma), Mitchell Porter, devil`s dance, Luke Pellen, Joe E. Dees (aka Grimrod, the tri-testicular one), Kyilkhor (Thomas), Keith Elis, John Welch, Dan Rowden, Tim Abbott, Paul Bazzar, Paul Yu, Chuck Salvo, Shaun Tuck, Giselle Morgan, Joel Thornton, Stefan (Seagul), Ronald Jump, Dale Sample, David Lawton, Chad Robb, Jason (Plugger), Lisa Long (couldn't resist including her!), Bryan McGilly, David Hodges, Adrian van der Meijden, J. R. Molloy, Greg Shantz, Jon Point, Anna Oleynik, Zagreus, Thomas Knierim, David Schnur, Sapius, Matt Timpanelli, Andrew Wiseman, Bondi, Chris Saik, Alex Meyer, Patrick (pjmciii pjmciii), Rhett, Kelly Jones - and a few others I've probably forgotten about.........

I'm happy to be reminded of them.

Regards
Dan Rowden
See your name there? Tomas and Donna in love/hate - wow, that was fun (yeah, they're not there above for that reason)...
Pye

Re: Feeling oddly Nostalgic...

Post by Pye »

feeling nostalgia isn't just oddly, Dan . . . it's dangerous . . . .

:)
Unidian

Re: Feeling oddly Nostalgic...

Post by Unidian »

I didn't even make this long-ass list?

Then again, I didn't post on Genius-L, but rather the EZboard forums only. So I'll choose to believe that's why. hehe
I live in a tub.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Dan Rowden wrote:From "Topica" Mar 15, 2005:

Following is a list of Genius-L contributors who have been most significant in some way to the list over the years (offered in something very roughly like chronological order). My apologies to anyone I may have forgotten or anyone I've left out who feel they ought have been mentioned:

David Quinn, Kevin Solway, Claudia Grinnell, Victor Gunasekara, Matt Gregory, Martin Dudaniec (aka avidaloca), Mark Vetanen, E. Jason (aka Lobster), John Hutton, Randall Ing, Mark Vetanen, John Bird, John J. Stafford (aka Pico), Shardrol, Scot Close (aka Arnold Rimmer and a bunch of others), (Dr.) Ian Kluge, Jeff Jackson, Pamela Stenman, Cassandra Breeding, Valerian, Everett E Allie, Therese Foote, Khai-Wei Choong, Irena, Leo Bartoli, Bob Willis, Dieter Dambiec, Al Young, Marsha Faizi (aka Ma), Mitchell Porter, devil`s dance, Luke Pellen, Joe E. Dees (aka Grimrod, the tri-testicular one), Kyilkhor (Thomas), Keith Elis, John Welch, Dan Rowden, Tim Abbott, Paul Bazzar, Paul Yu, Chuck Salvo, Shaun Tuck, Giselle Morgan, Joel Thornton, Stefan (Seagul), Ronald Jump, Dale Sample, David Lawton, Chad Robb, Jason (Plugger), Lisa Long (couldn't resist including her!), Bryan McGilly, David Hodges, Adrian van der Meijden, J. R. Molloy, Greg Shantz, Jon Point, Anna Oleynik, Zagreus, Thomas Knierim, David Schnur, Sapius, Matt Timpanelli, Andrew Wiseman, Bondi, Chris Saik, Alex Meyer, Patrick (pjmciii pjmciii), Rhett, Kelly Jones - and a few others I've probably forgotten about.........

I'm happy to be reminded of them.

Regards
Dan Rowden
See your name there? Tomas and Donna in love/hate - wow, that was fun (yeah, they're not there above for that reason)...
Hi Dan,

How are you going these days? It has been a very long time since last contact.

Unfortunately my main impetus for posting here is that i did a google search of my name and your post came up. Unfortunately a number of factors came together which have had very undesirable consequences for myself (and wisdom). Because i ended up connected to extremely nasty people and they are very hard to shake off, and my name is unique in the world, and material i have written on the internet can be used against me, and google tends to theme people these days which is a problem in itself, i need you to change my name as it appears in your post to "Rhett" only. I wish i could avoid this but can't see a way.

Material i have posted on the net has unfortunately likely cost me tens of thousands of dollars, damaged years of my life, and stopped me from involving myself in wisdom on the internet. The situation isn't over yet either.

There is still material on the net from the very old now Topica List. I tried years ago to get that dealt with but Topica and yourself told me David Quinn was the only means by which i could do that, and David didn't seem keen to help and did not help at the time. Maybe David could still help if he has changed his mind? My lack of involvement is proof he made the wrong decision, unless he thinks a heap of nasty ignorant people checking out what i have written has been worth the price i have paid? I hope not.

Rhett
Diebert van Rhijn

Re:

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hi Rhett. Surely I can understand some of this but
and material i have written on the internet can be used against me...
Although I'm not familiar with your older posts, does that mean you don't support anymore what you once wrote? Or gained some new insights or changed perspective? Or do you try to live a double life, one of relative complacency and one of crazy wisdom behind the curtains? This is not meant as criticism but as serious interest since there are more people here who do not use their real names because of mostly professional concerns. Older mailing lists are a pain indeed as they didn't appear to become a fully published thing at the time. At the forum I just try to be careful what I write about as not to be misinterpreted by miscreants in some other context. If people around me reallly would be upset about it, I'd rather lose the money or find another context to exist in. Probably I would have signed up with a different name if I had known how dumb people generally would grow and smart only "by device".
Rhett

Re: Re:

Post by Rhett »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Hi Rhett. Surely I can understand some of this but
and material i have written on the internet can be used against me...
Although I'm not familiar with your older posts, does that mean you don't support anymore what you once wrote? Or gained some new insights or changed perspective? Or do you try to live a double life, one of relative complacency and one of crazy wisdom behind the curtains? This is not meant as criticism but as serious interest since there are more people here who do not use their real names because of mostly professional concerns. Older mailing lists are a pain indeed as they didn't appear to become a fully published thing at the time. At the forum I just try to be careful what I write about as not to be misinterpreted by miscreants in some other context. If people around me reallly would be upset about it, I'd rather lose the money or find another context to exist in. Probably I would have signed up with a different name if I had known how dumb people generally would grow and smart only "by device".
Hi Diebert,

I support and stand by what i have written in the past. There is no issue there.

The prime issue is that i bought land in a small community and they have a practice of deliberately torturing people through various means until the person hands control of their life over to them for their exploitation. As part of this i have been stalked on the internet and material i have written has been used against me politically. It's hard to say just how big the impact of the internet material has been because there would have been impacts in it's absence, but i can say with surety that it has made a big difference.

Overall the impacts of being connected to low grade people has been extremely massive, both in that particular town and other places i stayed, and internet material has been used against me numerous times. A decade of my life has been trashed, and it's not over, and even if it ended now the impacts will last a long time to come.

At the moment i am continuing to try to sell a remaining property but the region surrounding the town is heavily stupid, miserable, destructive and corrupt. They have removed the tenants, there is no prospect of getting more, and they are stopping people from buying it.

I also noticed recently that Google appears to have somehow 'themed me', i don't know. I did a search exclusive to my entire name yet recent activity i have had on the internet purely under my first name came up. This then provided a link between my current activity and previous material that i did under my full name, material that i have not been able to deal with. So even a brain-dead stalker or potential employer could form conclusive judgements about all sorts of things.

Rhett