Moderation issues

Post questions or suggestions here.
Santiago Odo

Re: Meddling

Post by Santiago Odo »

I am democratic and very fair in my crushes. I have a crush on all of you . . .

It’s the Tao. Causality. It’s what I have been determined for since long before my birth.
You I'll never leave
Santiago Odo

Re: The Rudderless West

Post by Santiago Odo »

I lovingly suggest, dear one, that you give your head a rest for a time.
You I'll never leave
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: The Rudderless West

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Santiago Odo wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:10 am .... give your head a rest for a time.
... You/I'll never leave
Ex falso quodlibet
Santiago Odo

Re: Pastiches

Post by Santiago Odo »

Diebert wrote:We have made religions out of the celebration of serfdom, the slave morality: a broken, tamed, defanged animal now worshiping its comatose existence as "good", even as mere ideal, because somehow it cannot be realized -- perfectly.
Maybe you should think of getting out of town for a week or ten days? Or take salsa dancing classes?
You I'll never leave
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Moderation issues

As for Santiago Odo, Gustav Bjornstrand, Alex (T.) Jacob, Talking Ass and GJ and all other related registrations, considering one has to generally translate his critiques or advises as mostly applicable to himself, I'll take the remarks above to heart and suspend all these accounts.

The line was crossed this time with his deletion of multiple posts in some attempt to further disrupt normal discussion or simple, regular actions of moderation. If it's the act of moderation touching a deeply seeded sensitivity, perhaps a ban will provide a challenge to whatever attachment drove him to provide a constant silly meta-commentary stream (like a Twitch video or Cartman Brah) on a forum which holds such little value, at least according to his own statements. This on top of the many times when it went off the rails with abusive, or r̶a̶c̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶ childish attacks on members or the forum itself. After a few years of tolerance and enjoying the few quite brilliant tidbits, the time has come to give it all a rest.
Queen Solomon 1

Re: Donna's blog

Post by Queen Solomon 1 »

"Don't use the forum as outlet for random thoughts and prose!"

I guess that applies to you and everyone eh?

How about gofuckoffee
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Moderation issues

Queen Solomon 1 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:31 pm "Don't use the forum as outlet for random thoughts and prose!"

I guess that applies to you and everyone eh?

How about gofuckoffee
True, that indeed would apply to everyone and it has been said as such in various cases. Of course someone has to decide when it applies but I do work in the open and when someone makes a well phrased, reasonable case, I do consider it. In any case Dan Rowden banned you for the same and repeated the same statement over and over but I removed them now from the thread opening posts.

You announced you'd leave and never return. GodsDaughter1 in 2011 wrote: "I will disassociate myself with Genius Forum once-and-for-all because if I stick around here I can expect inferior frivilous bullshit to continue".

And now I created a blog thread for you and you're still upset? You just hate any one confronting you with your own behavior, right?
Dan Rowden » 31 Jul 2011 01:40
Donna,

Once again you miss the point. I didn't ask you to leave, I despairing suggested (begged perhaps) you get a personal blog because that's exactly what you need for these sorts of "writings". They are blog entries, diary entries of a sort; incomplete and probably ever to be incomplete, random thoughts. The creation of endless threads to put such entries into print is not an appropriate use of someone's discussion forum. I suggest you do the following: create a free blog somewhere. Create your entries there. Make a specific SINGLE thread here and post links to your blog entries in that thread each time you create a new one.
Dan Rowden » 02 Jan 2011 04:41
For the record, my Dear, I have granted you way more leave than I would any other. You have, unequivocally, treated this forum as a personal Blog over recent weeks. It may not be the philosophy forum, as such, but it's still a discussion forum and does not exist for anyone to create endless threads doing no more than putting passing thoughts into pixels.

Get a Blog for that, Donna. If you wish to start one thread and put all these passing thoughts into that one thread, that would be perfectly fine
And hey, I just did that for you because I'm nicer than Dan and way less grumpy! But I get no thanks (snif!).

Let me set it straight, new bans are a rare thing on this forum, just one member was banned last two years and that was last week and was actually a renewal. Donna has been banned many times over by former moderators or board owners. My ideas are perfectly in line with how Dan Rowden expressed it so well below, which are fully supported by the other board administrators as well. Disagreeing with it is perfectly fine and understandable, but then just go!
Dan Rowden » 14 Jun 2010 04:52[
My view of spam/trolling is simple enough - I will not tolerate it if:

a) it is evidently, consciously designed to be disruptive (with no higher purpose);
b) it is sufficiently constant such that it disrupts the flow of threads (e.g. 10 posts in a row of mindless nonsense) - indicating that the person wishes to use the board as a personal blog with little respect for its actual nature;
c) it is classical spam in the sense of posting irrelevant advertising material.

That's about it, really. There's no gender bias in my attitude. Let's not forget that I have banned Donna Thompson in numerous incarnations for the above reasons. It's not about lack of understanding or stupidity. I will tolerate innocent stupidity for a very long time, even when it can be irritating. It's about behaviour and the motives behind it.