The tree of knowledge.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

The tree of knowledge.

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Well the brain could be the Tree of Knowledge in the Bible. Question is, what part is the fruit? If we remove it, can we have paradise?

And the occurrence of the Bible is strangest, nothing out there quite like it. What men wrote it, moses prophets and desert wanderers, odd...
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: The tree of knowledge.

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Well the brain could be the Tree of Knowledge in the Bible. Question is, what part is the fruit? If we remove it, can we have paradise?
The forbidden fruit might represent all temptation into good and evil. All seduction. It doesn't really matter which mixture of truth and lie propped it up in that story although I do think temptation works best when the fantasy is at its most absurd and "wrong". The lure and power of it all, the great upset.
And the occurrence of the Bible is strangest, nothing out there quite like it.
There are many strange things in this world and one could name a lot of more books. Even the bible is a collection of different things to different religions. The oldest part would be the Torah, the five books of "Moses" and are more or less shared by three main religions. The gospels are bolted on in a whole different millennium and only accepted by one main religion. And so on. The "bible" perhaps does not exist as entity to analyze that way?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: There are many strange things in this world and one could name a lot of more books. Even the bible is a collection of different things to different religions. The oldest part would be the Torah, the five books of "Moses" and are more or less shared by three main religions. The gospels are bolted on in a whole different millennium and only accepted by one main religion. And so on. The "bible" perhaps does not exist as entity to analyze that way?
That reminds me, who slapped it all together? One guy? A committee? The Catholic Church? A band of Jews?

Oh and what if God was a thinker. And He thought the world into existence. And all the suffering in this world is an accident, 'cuz He can't even control his own mind. All powerful, but unable to control His very own imagination. And he's just sayin' "READ PONY READ...Just do the things I say and you'll go to Heaven! Cuz pony I'm trying my very best to keep the portal open but I'm mentally unstable!" - Thus sayeth the Lord
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

If a topic interests you just study it. Do not ask those questions as if it means something to you because if it did you'd have put a bit more thought in it, have read some mainstream thought or would have formed some kind of informed opinion already. Your have a good mind, why not use it? Why type out every thought popping up in your mind? It's not welcome, it's a form of distraction seeking, really.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Maybe this belongs here. Watching stupid things on the mass media more likely to make people stupider:

A Story About a Stupid Person Can Make You Act Stupid (or Smart): Behavioral Assimilation (and Contrast) as Narrative Impact

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1 ... 61#preview