Schopenhauer's Hedgehog's dilemma and the sadism of life

Post questions or suggestions here.
schopen84

Schopenhauer's Hedgehog's dilemma and the sadism of life

Post by schopen84 »

Having studied evolutionary psychology and sociobiology which seems to right now be the dominant explanation of the nature of biological human life and thus existence, it seems to me like erotic sadism is the driving force behind existence. We are besieged by Schopenhauer's hegehog's dilemma. We hedgehogs have a need to be close to one another for warmth, and yet our point pricks ensure that we cause pain whenever in contact. Do our selfish-genes need us to be happy? Look at the immense misery of domestic cattle, who exist only to feed man. Their brief knowledge of life is simply a long torture. Yet they can not will themselves out of existence. From the point of view of the data contained in their genes, they are very successful. Humans will take great care to ensure that they survive and reproduce. And so from the perspective of evolution, farm animals are far more successful than wild animals. And that is also the human condition. We are bred to survive, and however miserable we might be, we also serve to further the gene.

What is the nature of woman? It was simpler to view them from only the blank slatist feminist doctrine that they are simply men. To accept evopsych and its various offshoots on the uniqueness of woman, makes life more complicated. Do women simply exist for pain? Like farm animals, their condition might always be miserable as mere playthings and meat for men, but they would still propagate their selfish genes under such conditions. Are women driven by an emotional desire to be dominated and hurt by dominant men?

What kind of world is this? This brutal Darwinian struggle, red in tooth and claw, and how does one live in it? Should we hate our parents for forcing us to be born, merely to satisfy their selfish-genes? Am I just a robot for my parent's inferior genes?
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Schopenhauer's Hedgehog's dilemma and the sadism of life

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

schopen84 wrote:Am I just a robot for my parent's inferior genes?
Why do you ask? The question of identity doesn't really occur in the electrochemical world itself - there are too many and none! You have to deal with this purely in the context of logic or metaphysics - where you appear to be anyway. Confusion sets in the moment a person is first defined as some mechanical entity in a mechanical context and then afterwards questioned what it's doing there or what it's supposed to be. It's a bit like first killing God and then wonder: "does he really exist?" or "did he ever".
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

schopen84 wrote:Having studied evolutionary psychology and sociobiology which seems to right now be the dominant explanation of the nature of biological human life and thus existence, it seems to me like erotic sadism is the driving force behind existence. We are besieged by Schopenhauer's hegehog's dilemma. We hedgehogs have a need to be close to one another for warmth, and yet our point pricks ensure that we cause pain whenever in contact. Do our selfish-genes need us to be happy? Look at the immense misery of domestic cattle, who exist only to feed man. Their brief knowledge of life is simply a long torture. Yet they can not will themselves out of existence. From the point of view of the data contained in their genes, they are very successful. Humans will take great care to ensure that they survive and reproduce. And so from the perspective of evolution, farm animals are far more successful than wild animals. And that is also the human condition. We are bred to survive, and however miserable we might be, we also serve to further the gene.

What is the nature of woman? It was simpler to view them from only the blank slatist feminist doctrine that they are simply men. To accept evopsych and its various offshoots on the uniqueness of woman, makes life more complicated. Do women simply exist for pain? Like farm animals, their condition might always be miserable as mere playthings and meat for men, but they would still propagate their selfish genes under such conditions. Are women driven by an emotional desire to be dominated and hurt by dominant men?

What kind of world is this? This brutal Darwinian struggle, red in tooth and claw, and how does one live in it? Should we hate our parents for forcing us to be born, merely to satisfy their selfish-genes? Am I just a robot for my parent's inferior genes?
I laughed for 5 minutes. Thank you schopen84!!
unbound

Post by 1456200423 »

schopen84 wrote:
1 We are besieged by Schopenhauer's hegehog's dilemma. We hedgehogs have a need to be close to one another for warmth, and yet our point pricks ensure that we cause pain whenever in contact.

2 Do our selfish-genes need us to be happy?
1 Not all of us are "hedgehogs"... ;-)
2 No.
Look at the immense misery of domestic cattle, who exist only to feed man. Their brief knowledge of life is simply a long torture. Yet they can not will themselves out of existence. From the point of view of the data contained in their genes, they are very successful. Humans will take great care to ensure that they survive and reproduce. And so from the perspective of evolution, farm animals are far more successful than wild animals. And that is also the human condition. We are bred to survive, and however miserable we might be, we also serve to further the gene.
What are you, but a snowflake in the endless, timeless snowstorm? Genes will record your experiance for posterity. Be happy that you are here given this chance.

They are the ying of the yang. etc. etc. They have their own agendas. Not too complicated at the root. You seem a little misserable... too bad. Go talk to them.
The reason for life is to fertilise the soil... eheh
We are here to experiance this reality. Your mind makes hell out of this amazing paradise we see before us. Blah, blah ... wake up, quit smoking and smell the roses... darky. :-D
veritas odium parit
schopen84

Post by schopen84 »

Maybe its trite, but I guess I'm just wondering what the point of it all is. Well actually if life is pointless and meaningless, I'm ok with it. I'm ok with the 0. The problem is the -negative. From Evopsych and Dawkins it seems like life does have a point. To dominate males, conquer females, and spread your genes. A brutal sadistic Nietzschean struggle to be the strongest, toughest, baddest ape on the mountain of skulls. When I was a younger man, I sucked up the warrior ethos. So maybe I'm just bitter as I age. I like Nietzsche, even though I read him from "slave morality". He does a good job of exposing the envy and resentment of the strong, the powerful, the superior Masters, that inspires my crypto-Christian whining.

TheAbsolute has a bunch of quotes about the nature of woman. And I guess for me that plays a big part in it to. That women are the prizes to be won in this game of life. Show your sadism, dominance and cruelty and win a girl.

I don't know I guess it just seems useless to me to wake up in the morning for 70 years, show up to work for some alphamale boss, grovel before him. Get paid, go home, and use my wages to subsistence my meaningless submission to dominance for nearly a century.

Post by 1456200423 »

schopen84 wrote:Maybe its trite, but I guess I'm just wondering what the point of it all is.
No kidding... :-D
Well actually if life is pointless and meaningless, I'm ok with it. I'm ok with the 0.

Not much choice there.
The problem is the -negative. From Evopsych and Dawkins it seems like life does have a point. To dominate males, conquer females, and spread your genes. A brutal sadistic Nietzschean struggle to be the strongest, toughest, baddest ape on the mountain of skulls.

Survival is the name of the game? Adapt or perish. Big apes are big targets for poachers. So... wrong there. :-P
When I was a younger man, I sucked up the warrior ethos. So maybe I'm just bitter as I age. I like Nietzsche, even though I read him from "slave morality". He does a good job of exposing the envy and resentment of the strong, the powerful, the superior Masters, that inspires my crypto-Christian whining.
I have never read any of his writings. Christians are sweet, naive, fools for the most part. Church prays on the lost with corupted truth.
TheAbsolute has a bunch of quotes about the nature of woman. And I guess for me that plays a big part in it to. That women are the prizes to be won in this game of life. Show your sadism, dominance and cruelty and win a girl.
There are exceptions if that is what you after. Try love, care and compassion... you never know, it might work. =)
I don't know I guess it just seems useless to me to wake up in the morning for 70 years, show up to work for some alphamale boss, grovel before him. Get paid, go home, and use my wages to subsistence my meaningless submission to dominance for nearly a century.
No argument here. This place is screwed up, but at least we know what the problem is. That's a start. Don't be afraid of changes.
veritas odium parit
mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

schopen84 wrote:Maybe its trite, but I guess I'm just wondering what the point of it all is. Well actually if life is pointless and meaningless, I'm ok with it. I'm ok with the 0. The problem is the -negative. From Evopsych and Dawkins it seems like life does have a point. To dominate males, conquer females, and spread your genes. A brutal sadistic Nietzschean struggle to be the strongest, toughest, baddest ape on the mountain of skulls. When I was a younger man, I sucked up the warrior ethos. So maybe I'm just bitter as I age. I like Nietzsche, even though I read him from "slave morality". He does a good job of exposing the envy and resentment of the strong, the powerful, the superior Masters, that inspires my crypto-Christian whining.

Solice in challenge is a circular staircase to the pit.
unbound