Transhumanism and Conflict.

Post questions or suggestions here.
Ryan Rudolph

Transhumanism and Conflict.

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

this is all just speculation and entertainment, but I think the subject is rather interesting.

First of all, lets assume that humanity is heading into a period of accelerated technological growth, which may in fact change what it means to be human. It may change what it means to be human because technology will become increasingly integrated into the human body to prevent disease, slow down aging, and even change ones physical makeup. Future technologies may allow an individual to transcend the major limitations of what it means to be human. Moreover, a spectrum of super species could emerge, ones that are brave enough, and ones that have discontent with the human condition, and are open to overcoming the limitations associated with the biology of the human.

This new choice for humans may create four different groups of human, and an Artificial intelligence, this variety would inevitably lead to conflict. Here is how I imagine it:

1. Extremist humans - Ones that are totally against altering the human body, as they view the body as sacred, nature and adequate. This group will have hatred and hostility against both groups of super species, and carry out violent attacks against them in an attempt to exterminate them. Many religious groups and very conservative thinking people fall under this camp.

2. Non-extremist humans - these are the ones that share some of the same values as the extremist humans, but they are not violent. They are too afraid to alter their bodies, but yet they do not have the personality to wage war or to act out violent acts. This group will just want to be left alone, and live accordingly to old conventional values of civilization.

3. rational super class human - These are the scientists, philosophers and even sages that have the courage to allow proven technologies to become integrated into their bodies in order to extend life, prevent disease, prevent injury and ultimately change their external appearance to their own fancy. The rational super human class will not engage in violence unless they are in a situation where self-defense is necessary. They may also have a moral obligation to try to police and hinder the activity of the irrational super human class.

4. Irrational super class human - These are the ones who allow the same technologies to change their bodies, but they do not have the maturity or emotional intelligence to handle the changes. As perhaps the technologies will not be able to rid the mind of the immature ego driven by animal impulses. This could create a whole new and more dangerous spectrum of criminal behavior. A spectrum that cannot be stopped by conventional police methods of regular humans. This class would have no relationship with the infinite, so their behavior would be rooted in boredom and the pursuit of crude forms of pleasure. They may enjoy terrorizing cities, and messing with regular humans. it would give any person the instant power of an untouchable dictator, and so the temptation would be strong and instantaneous.

5. Artificial Intelligence - A purely machine-like intelligence with far more memory and brain power than conventional humans. Some A.I along with different groups of humans may decide to leave the planet in order to explore the universe, rather than participating in the conflict. But some A.I may stay and try to help resolve the conflict that ensues. I could imagine both types of super human class having direct access to the 'mind power' of A.I from within their own minds, while the regular humans would merely talk with A.I, and ask it questions like a typical social exchange. Bascially, some A.I would be separate entities, while some would be integrated into the minds of the super class, and into the structure of the civilization.

The victims - The biggest victims of this development will be the regular humans. Regular homo sapiens will disappear as a higher percentage of newly born humans choose the road of the modified super class. The first sub class of humans to disappear will probably be women, as they have far more investment in their physical bodies than men, and most women wouldn't have the interest to participate in this type of thing anyway. They would be content living as they were. That is not to say that no women would be interested, just a lower percentage, so over time, they would disappear first, and then the men later. Eventually, the earth would be mostly a super class of modified humans, along with A.I.

A new type of beauty far more vast than feminine beauty - With the disappearance of women, each entity will be like a piece of art work. They will have the external appearance of whatever they fancy, and in such a world the variety will be endless.
Tomas

Re: Transhumanism and Conflict.

Post by Tomas »

Ryan, you'd be a cross-hybrid between #4 and #7.
Don't run to your death
GodsDaughter1

Post by GodsDaughter1 »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:this is all just speculation and entertainment, but I think the subject is rather interesting.

First of all, lets assume that humanity is heading into a period of accelerated technological growth, which may in fact change what it means to be human. It may change what it means to be human because technology will become increasingly integrated into the human body to prevent disease, slow down aging, and even change ones physical makeup. Future technologies may allow an individual to transcend the major limitations of what it means to be human. Moreover, a spectrum of super species could emerge, ones that are brave enough, and ones that have discontent with the human condition, and are open to overcoming the limitations associated with the biology of the human.

GodsDaughter says: Very interesting Ryan indeed, humanity is already in acceleration of technological growth, the Bible speaks of this very thing. We are in the times of expansion of the minds increasing. What I find interesting is how technology will become integrated into the human body to prevent disease, slow down aging, and even change ones physical makeup, as you say.

GodsDaughter says: I read your whole article and find it to be of quality interest.

This new choice for humans may create four different groups of human, and an Artificial intelligence, this variety would inevitably lead to conflict. Here is how I imagine it:

GodsDaughter says: There will always be conflict among humanity, unless intergration of technology can prevent that, but, that's playing with God!

1. Extremist humans - Ones that are totally against altering the human body, as they view the body as sacred, nature and adequate. This group will have hatred and hostility against both groups of super species, and carry out violent attacks against them in an attempt to exterminate them. Many religious groups and very conservative thinking people fall under this camp.

GodsDaughter says: This would not be me!

2. Non-extremist humans - these are the ones that share some of the same values as the extremist humans, but they are not violent. They are too afraid to alter their bodies, but yet they do not have the personality to wage war or to act out violent acts. This group will just want to be left alone, and live accordingly to old conventional values of civilization.

3. rational super class human - These are the scientists, philosophers and even sages that have the courage to allow proven technologies to become integrated into their bodies in order to extend life, prevent disease, prevent injury and ultimately change their external appearance to their own fancy. The rational super human class will not engage in violence unless they are in a situation where self-defense is necessary. They may also have a moral obligation to try to police and hinder the activity of the irrational super human class.

GodsDaughter says: This would be me!

4. Irrational super class human - These are the ones who allow the same technologies to change their bodies, but they do not have the maturity or emotional intelligence to handle the changes. As perhaps the technologies will not be able to rid the mind of the immature ego driven by animal impulses. This could create a whole new and more dangerous spectrum of criminal behavior. A spectrum that cannot be stopped by conventional police methods of regular humans. This class would have no relationship with the infinite, so their behavior would be rooted in boredom and the pursuit of crude forms of pleasure. They may enjoy terrorizing cities, and messing with regular humans. it would give any person the instant power of an untouchable dictator, and so the temptation would be strong and instantaneous.

5. Artificial Intelligence - A purely machine-like intelligence with far more memory and brain power than conventional humans. Some A.I along with different groups of humans may decide to leave the planet in order to explore the universe, rather than participating in the conflict. But some A.I may stay and try to help resolve the conflict that ensues. I could imagine both types of super human class having direct access to the 'mind power' of A.I from within their own minds, while the regular humans would merely talk with A.I, and ask it questions like a typical social exchange. Bascially, some A.I would be separate entities, while some would be integrated into the minds of the super class, and into the structure of the civilization.

The victims - The biggest victims of this development will be the regular humans. Regular homo sapiens will disappear as a higher percentage of newly born humans choose the road of the modified super class. The first sub class of humans to disappear will probably be women, as they have far more investment in their physical bodies than men, and most women wouldn't have the interest to participate in this type of thing anyway. They would be content living as they were. That is not to say that no women would be interested, just a lower percentage, so over time, they would disappear first, and then the men later. Eventually, the earth would be mostly a super class of modified humans, along with A.I.

A new type of beauty far more vast than feminine beauty - With the disappearance of women, each entity will be like a piece of art work. They will have the external appearance of whatever they fancy, and in such a world the variety will be endless.
GodsDaughter says: I appreciate this concept, it sounds like something off of Star Trek or The Next Generation.

Post by 1456200423 »

Ryan Rudolph wrote: This new choice for humans may create four different groups of human, and an Artificial intelligence, this variety would inevitably lead to conflict.
So... No change, then?
veritas odium parit
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Some # wrote,
So... No change, then?
no change in that sense. I think there will always be some degree of conflict in the world, and the degree of conflict is related to how significant the world changes. I used to be an idealist and believe the world peace is possible, but these days I'm not so sure. The world has always been conflict, and the history is usually a good indicator of the future, so that is where my logic comes from these days.

Post by 1456200423 »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Some # wrote,
So... No change, then?
no change in that sense. In the world, there always has been conflict, and the history is good indicator of the future.
Yes...
veritas odium parit
Gremln

Post by Gremln »

I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing here since I don't post much but I have bumped this thread to say that I am against transhumanism. I don't trust anyone to use transhumanism wisely.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »