Are you an organ donor?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Anders Schlander

Are you an organ donor?

Post by Anders Schlander »

I thought it might be interesting to see what people's reasons could be for saying yes or no to being an organ donor, those who have already brushed the question, or those who can hypothetically look at the idea, are both welcome.

Would you save a random individual? or let them die? who decides who is worthy of being donated organs, and who should be worthy?

I personally think overpopulation is a problem, and nature is doing it's part. So then, wouldn't organ donoring be stupid? However, there are people I'd rather save than others, and I think it would be unfair to save the average woman over a wise person, for example.

Yes, when you die, it becomes quite difficult to help decide who should have ur organs.

I would personally like to have an organ donated, because If I strive to better myself and come a reasonable distance, then I think it would be worth it. This leaves me in a hypocritical position if I decide it's better not to save the average person. The judges of who is entitled donation has no love of truth, so they would not be able to do justice to what I would have wanted. Thus, my main reason to organ donate is not to appear hypocritical if I will need one, even if it is dishonest, and I really don't want to save most people, then It would be worth it.

What about you? who would you save? are you are you not, would you would you not, be a donor?

edit: this topic is most effective using hypotheticals, uncovering people's values, which is relevant to enlightenment, which is the main reason why I chose to post it.

For example: I might be open for the possibility at saving fathers with children, since the children are already born, and would have an even worsened life because of it, but if it was an adult that wanted children but had none yet, I might not.
cousinbasil

Re: Are you an organ donor?

Post by cousinbasil »

I for one donate my organ every chance I get.
pierdog

Re: Are you an organ donor?

Post by pierdog »

Im not against the idea but I wont do it for just some random person, given the proportion of toxic multicultural people. I'd do it for a child from my own ethnic group if I knew her family. As for overpopulation, that isnt something Europeans should worry about. Let 3rd World trash deal with it.