Speak out against censorship my friends.

Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

Re: Speak out against censorship my friends.

Post by Dan Rowden »

Look, when you post swags of idiotic drug-induced crap you simply derail an otherwise interesting thread. Why should I tolerate this sort of nonsense? Just so you can entertain yourself? Fuck off - seriously.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Friend, watching someone commit online suicide can be entertaining for a while, but becomes tedious and boring soon enough. Sort it out mate.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Drugs? It all sounds like the small-minded gibberish of alcohol-induced fake-clarity and comfort. Once real and rare sobriety has been experienced, one loses desire to delude it anymore. Kicking the habit equals dropping the sewer-gasoline at some stage.

From the Dionysian circus and theater play "Bacchic":

"Suergaz is a figure of excess, he believes he is untouchable. It is only when a skeptical academic Maddy publically questions his assertions that even a fragment of doubt creeps into his mind. Suergaz confronts and intimidates Maddy over her criticism and attempts to destroy her reputation in the media. He is a quintessential example of the way power can corrupt."
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

The sad part is you need drugs to be "creative". Are you not aware of this? Are you not aware of the tragedy of that - of the artifice of your "creativity"?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What? Yourself?
Blair

Post by Blair »

See, have a read of what you have written when you are totally straight and evaluate how endearing you really think it is.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

dejavu wrote:lol You see? You said the best thing! I knew you could do it. But about where we first met, it was on a chat site. You invited to me to the old hit list, and then this place mushroomed. There is probably room for a lot more mush here. As long as there are men who can cut it, yeah lol
As Zagreus you were quirky and interesting, even if a tad girlish. As this incarnation you are tedious and somewhat pathetic. I don't know what happened in the interim. Too many shrooms I suppose.
Pye

Post by Pye »

dejavu: My friends have to envy me, like you're supposed to. You have to get through the tempest, because you make it your right to address me.
Who would fail to see the enormous smallness that grounds this grandiosity?

Bored? Annoyed? Only compassion is needed here . . . .
Pye

Post by Pye »

not tired, dejavu. Just selfish for the alacrity I know you possess. I'd rather you not got yourself banned in favor of its future appearance, for when it's here, it says the best things :)

Kunga

Post by Kunga »

dejavu...why don't you start your own form....seriously....you can do it !

one of the reasons i like this form is because of the lack of moderating and censorship....but it is kinda fun to have the teachers slap us around when we get too out of hand...tee hehe...

: )
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

dejavu wrote:The thing about that though is it's not about me.
But it is! It's only you and you. You don't know how to die, only how to drag.

The ultimate crown on this all would be to have your own forum, your own personal craveyard!
pierdog

Post by pierdog »

I say ban this Deja-fool and anybody who sympathizes with him/her for a week and keep doubling it whenever they get too womanishly banal. The threshold is up to you Dan but for fuck's sake enough is enough, the point at which they compromise the credibility of this forum passed long ago but I guess it isn't imperative since the archives show that almost all eternal truths have already been defended intelligently here over the years, which is quite impressive anyway.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I was surprised to learn this week that dejavu was Suergaz. He's been around the Genius venues since at least 2003. Suergaz was actually an interesting poster, but dejavu is almost totally dissimilar: a flaccid, self-indulgent, narcissistic sponge. The earlier incarnation had a talent for wildness, which was his downfall, because he took pride in it. His ego fed on it, metamorphosizing the sharp, biting, freedom of thought into a dark, muddy cage of mediocre silliness.

But banning has to be done with caution. If someone causes you to stumble on the path, then one shouldn't remove them from one's life. The reason they caused one to stumble needs to be dealt with first. Another possible reason not to ban someone who is running amok is that they may be going through a phase. People have to be allowed to make their own mistakes, often the same ones, over and again, until they sort themselves out.

That said, dejavu has had plenty of time, and hasn't shown any desire to make progress. He should be a warning to us all, to push on, and not settle for mediocre gains of attainment.

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That's a pretty good analysis. I have deactivated Zag's account because I can no longer, in good conscience, support whatever "phase" he's going through. It's just too repugnant.

Whilst everything we do is ultimately self-indulgent, there are yet forms of self-indulgence harmful to wisdom, and of that I must remain mindful.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Hey dejavu/Suergaz/Zag/etc, you'd really be better off setting yourself up with a webcam, a decent microphone and a YouTube account than wasting your time here. That place is just perfect for the kind of attention you're craving. You could become close friends with other fruity nutjobs. I think you'd like Mathfails.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Better than trying to communicate with a bunch of moldy vegetables. :))))
Conservationist

Post by Conservationist »

dejavu wrote:Dan is picking and choosing my words like they're his.
I support censorship. Low-quality information is not interesting, and Dan's responsibility is to the readers of this forum who don't want to be fed garbage. Try editing your posts more for topic, content, etc.