What Would Your Last Words Be Upon Death?

Post questions or suggestions here.
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

If I died in this moment but had the chance to say my last words, they'd be, I'm scared shitless God, please be with me in my final hour and forgive me of my sins, in Jesus name Amen.

What would you say if your final hour is right here right now, but you had the chance to say something before you died, what would your words be?
Ataraxia

Re: What Would Your Last Words Be Upon Death?

Post by Ataraxia »

Ned Kelly's were rather poignant: "such is life".
Animus

Post by Animus »

I try very hard never to start a sentence "I would..." when making a prediction about my future behavior. Because I am only ever making an approximation, a prediction of a situation I am not in. Even being in a situation there is a degree of hesitation and uncertainty involved in making a decision. At this very moment it would actually quite useless to say anything because I'm alone.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Who was that general? His last words were, "Nonsense, they can't possibly hit us from -"
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

DHodges wrote:Who was that general? His last words were, "Nonsense, they can't possibly hit us from -"
I think that was Sir General Isaac Brock who said those words. It was the Battle of Queenston Heights.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

i go to his university.

as for my final words, "to give meaning to something meaningless"
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Gurrb wrote:i go to his university.

as for my final words, "to give meaning to something meaningless"
No way! Those would be sooo my last words, too, like if I was shot in a battle and I was lying there against some corpse, bleeding to death, I'd look up and say, "to give . . .*dramatic pause*. . . meaning . . . to something . . . meaning . . . *big pause here for max effect* . . . less."

Then I'd croak.
Good Citizen Carl
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I would hope I'd be too busy enjoying the brains electrical burst that creates the sense of one's life flashing before their eyes.

It will probably however be - "About Fucking Time".
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

"Be happy"... if I died right now.
To think or not to think.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I would hope my last words would be something like , "I tried my best with what I was given." rather than something like, "if only I would have put more energy in THAT direction..."
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

mensa-maniac wrote:What Would Your Last Words Be Upon Death?

If I died in this moment but had the chance to say my last words, they'd be, I'm scared shitless God, please be with me in my final hour and forgive me of my sins, in Jesus name Amen.

What would you say if your final hour is right here right now, but you had the chance to say something before you died, what would your words be?

Peace at last.
uncledote

Post by uncledote »

Who is God? Who is Jesus? What is sin? Who cares?
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

In the last weeks of Henry David Thoreau's life, his friends were fascinated by his tranquil acceptance of death. When his Aunt Louisa asked him if he had made peace with God, he responded: "I didn't know we had ever quarelled."

Aware he was dying, his last words were: "Now comes good sailing", followed by two lone words, "moose" and "Indian".
Tomas

Farewell to all...

Post by Tomas »

Tomas Note: A little tongue-in-cheek humor but otherwise pretty straight up.

-mensa-maniac-
If I died in this moment but had the chance to say my last words, they'd be, I'm scared shitless God,

-tomas-
I felt his presence standing beside the bed right beside me, he then, and I assume,
it was his long bony fingers that he placed right on my covered face.

-mensa-maniac-
please be with me in my final hour and forgive me of my sins, in Jesus name Amen.

-tomas-
Lucifer's son, Jesus, will be waiting for you in Heaven, my dear child.

-mensa-maniac-
What would you say if your final hour is right here right now,

-tomas-
No more you tube videos!

-mensa-maniac-
but you had the chance to say something before you died,

-tomas-
Are there political parties in Heaven?

-mensa-maniac-
what would your words be?

-tomas-
Oh, something along the lines of .. "Will my girlfriend of 45+ years be joining me"?

PS - Hey there, God, "Will QRS philosophy (Genius Forums) be available"?
Don't run to your death
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Girlfriend of 45 years, perhaps it's about time you both married, what's stopping you, has your love for her deepened through the years, or does familiarity breed contempt or both?

45 years is a long time to spend with any person. If you don't hate each other by now, it just means you've learned to live with hate and love combined.

Marriage must be the hardest thing in life to do, however, it doesn't have to be, if both partners are mature about everything. It's those who expect unreasonable expectations from their partners who suffer the most. They are victim to themselves, enslaved by their own thoughts of controlling their partner, because they are unable to control their own selves.

Gosh, I got caught up in rambling mouth.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-mensa-maniac-
Girlfriend of 45 years,

-tomas-
The only girl I've been with. It was "like at first sight".

-mensa-
perhaps it's about time you both married,

-tomas-
Divorce would be the alternative.

-mensa-
what's stopping you,

-tomas-
The prospect of Uncle Sam sleeping between us. Sammy is bi-sexual, you dig?

-mensa-
has your love for her deepened through the years,

-tomas-
Bottomless..

-mensa-
or does familiarity breed contempt or both?

-tomas-
Other than the normal "bark" that couples exhibit (the stare, brow-beating, mild hen-pecking) on one
another, ours has always been pretty even keel. No midlife crisis etc. No yelling, no arm waving..

-mensa-
45 years is a long time to spend with any person.

-tomas-
An eternity (this life) will do.

-mensa-
If you don't hate each other by now,

-tomas-
"Hate" is a bit tempestuous sounding, you know?

-mensa-
it just means you've learned to live with hate and love combined.

-tomas-
My (our) secret? - let her run the show 80% of the time. That includes our sexual positioning, she can be on top
the same percentage. The 'missionary position' isn't that bad a prospect considering it'll be over at any given
moment (as a natural death generally happens without warning) and why waste time being alone in this existence.

-mensa-
Marriage must be the hardest thing in life to do, however, it doesn't have to be, if both partners are mature about everything.

-tomas-
Give and take is the golden rule and most importantly, don't keep score about the little things.

-mensa-
It's those who expect unreasonable expectations from their partners who suffer the most.

-tomas-
Yes. We're partners AND companions. Not necessarily best friends but life-long relationship.

-mensa-
They are victim to themselves, enslaved by their own thoughts of controlling
their partner, because they are unable to control their own selves.

-tomas-
Tell me about it, you and me have been at Genius for 7-8 years about - and David, Kevin, Dan are still at it .. spouting wise.

-mensa-
Gosh, I got caught up in rambling mouth.

-tomas-
There's someone out there for you, don't settle for less. Speak softly and don't talk too much (for the intrigue).

PS - Keep on keeping on.
Don't run to your death
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

No Regrets
paco

Post by paco »

Before I am dead, I will inherit the earth...
I am illiterate
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

you've not truly lived until you've DIED. I see it ( death ) as a potentially wonderful experience that would link me to the countless billions of people who have lived over the ages....I consider it an honor to experience what they have all experienced...I see it as an opportunity to truly feel what they have gone through...to feel what they have feared..what they have anticipated...my dying moments would be their dying moments. We talk about life, about living, without really knowing what its all about. I feel death could inform, educate, at least me. Perhaps life is just like one long process of birth. Perhaps death will bring something more.
annsbwve

Hi! Is it okay that I go somewhat off topic

Post by annsbwve »

Hi! Is it okay that I go somewhat off topic? I am trying to view your post on my new iPad however it doesn’t exhibit properly, do you've got any ideas? Thanks! Kenton
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Seriously Donna.......how could anyone answer that TRUTHFULLY ?
mensa-maniac

Post by mensa-maniac »

Kunga wrote:
Seriously Donna.......how could anyone answer that TRUTHFULLY ?
Mensa says: Here's what I said, what would you say if your final hour is right here right now, but, you had the chance to say something before you died, what would your words be?

It was a question that I don't believe could be answered unless one was actually experiencing death and had the opportunity to speak his last words. I doubt any one of us who answered this question would actually say those words upon death, so I think you're right on this one Kunga. It was just fun to see the different answers.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

I've seen people writing their epitaphs...which can be very humorous.....