Youtube stuff

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Robert

Re: Youtube stuff

Post by Robert »

OK Go - This Too Shall Pass - Rube Goldberg Machine version

(Found via Sam Harris' Twitter page. Yes, he's on Twitter.)
Robert

Post by Robert »

The Maria Bamford Show 04
Search for Meaning
Robert

Post by Robert »

Post by 1456200423 »

Birth Into 6th Dimension (Sacred Geometry by ieoie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFqBppy4Cc

Weird Science and Magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccv_qD0Ncx8

Eric Laithwaite's lecture on gyroscopes part 1/7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNUTOxHoto
veritas odium parit
Animus

Post by Animus »

Philip Zimbardo and the perception of time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3oIiH7BLmg
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Robert

Post by Robert »

Interesting series of YouTube videos made by the user named Evid3nc3 - Why I am no longer a Christian
I explain my life as a born-again Christian, my deconversion, and my life as an atheist. In the deconversion section, I show how evidence, reason, and experiences related to prayer, morality, deconverted Christians, the Bible, and my relationship with God Himself all lead to my eventual inability to believe anymore.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Blair

Post by Blair »

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I've seen about 20 vids using that same clip and I must admit most of them have been pretty good. But then, I'm a sucker for that sort of satire.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Could people posting links to Youtube please include a short description of what the link is? Actually, please do this for any links at all.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Actually, I recommend everyone follows these links in the order posted. I can't imagine a more perfect presentation of the female mind in action.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i like surprises ...I have no self respect...ok ok
Anders Schlander

Post by Anders Schlander »

Dan Rowden wrote:
Actually, I recommend everyone follows these links in the order posted. I can't imagine a more perfect presentation of the female mind in action.
Ahhhhhh 'UFO's are creating life-threatening wormholes!, oi, food'
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

: )

it's better than sex...

i'd bet the average guy would rather have sex than eat after viewing strange spirals in the sky....

Dan would have a ice cold beer....
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

No, I'd probably just yawn when the answer to the "mystery" is as obvious at it is in this case. Can anyone say "Falcon 9"?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

why do you belive the government's explaination ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That would be because the rocket was actually launched at that time and it makes total sense. Duh.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

ok...then explain alll the other mysterious spiral activity all over the world.....

Here's a cool vid by a cool guy...my kind of guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY6nbTtd ... UuPaeuNFPg
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I rather doubt the full context of those other events is ever offered by the makers of such a video - which I can't be bothered watching. I'm sure it's interesting enough -to a point. The problem is the alien visitation theory is always the least likely one, yet the one leaped on by people who are pathologically bored.

Kunga, I was studying the Anunnaki theory and the rantings of people like Erik von Daniken when I was 16 (and more recently, Sitchin). Been there, done that, over it.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Kunga wrote:ok...then explain alll the other mysterious spiral activity all over the world.....
Well, I sort of know you won't bother to find actual explanations for such things, so:
Universe Today

Just what created the big blue spiral in the sky over Norway in the early morning hours of Dec. 9, 2009? Time traveling Borgs? Psychedelic aliens? Most likely, it was something much more terrestrial and much more boring. Many reports say it was the failed launch of a Russian rocket, probably a Bulava ICBM, a problem-plagued Russian missile that reportedly had several test launches scheduled. Although Russian officials haven't confirmed this (and in fact one official denied there was any rocket launch in the area) an anonymous Russian military source said it actually was failed launch from a submarine in the White Sea early Wednesday morning.

UPDATE (Dec. 10): Russia has finally admitted a missile accident with the Bulava ICBM. This rocket already has failed six of 13 previous tests, according to the BBC, so Russia might have been a little embarrassed about it.

In what seems to confirm a rocket launch, yesterday, a message from NAVTEX was issued message warning airplanes not to fly, and ships not to sail in that area:

ZCZC FA79
031230 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC
09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA

Additionally, a researcher at the Tromsø Geophysical Observatory (where they observe auroras) Truls Lynne Hansen is certain that the light was caused by a missile launch. "The missile has probably come out of control and exploded," Hansen was quoted in the Barents Observer. "The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sun in the leaking fuel."

Light in the sky over Norway, see at 7:50 am local time. Photo: Jan Petter Jørgensen via Vaeret

Visible in the images and videos is the sunlight just beginning to peek over the horizon which would have back-lit the fuel.

Another launch on November 1 also caused strange light phenomenon in northern parts of Norway, although not as spectacular as the one today. It also caused speculation as to the cause, but it came from the launch of a Sineva missile from the nuclear submarine in the White Sea.

Doug Ellison from UnmannedSpaceflight.com has created a video (updated and improved from his earlier version we had in our previous article) showing the morphology of a tumbling rocket stage throwing out unspent fuel in two directions. "This is a set of rendered views using 3DS Max to produce a coarse simulation of what may have occurred to produce the beautiful formation in the sky over Norway earlier today," he said. "It is not an 'official' answer, though. It looks beautiful, but there's probably a fairly ordinary explanation."