Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Post questions or suggestions here.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

I am only an extinctionist insofar as I would like to see the majority of humans replaced with ever increasingly wise versions of themselves. I am in favor of the extinction of foolishness, and the prorogation of wise-beings.

Human beings, as they presently exist, are the means to which improvement can happen. Why anyone would turn their backs on the possibility of creating super-beings that were extremely intelligent, wise and compassionate, I'm not sure.

Probably something to do with hypersensitivity to thinking in terms of inferior/superior about the brain.

VHEM proponents I think have an acute inferiority complex, and thus, out of self-loathing and misanthropy, desire to see humanity destroyed. They are not so different from your typical serial killer, who usually kills in order to feel vengeance against a group that has instilled a sense of shame about who he is in his mind. Or better, he allowed them to instill a sense of shame about who he is in his mind.
DHodges

Re: Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Post by DHodges »

Loki

Post by Loki »

DHodges wrote:Oh, man, these guys are great.
Interesting how there are almost only women in that picture.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Loki wrote:
Yeah, they don't look like a group of breeders to me. Easy for them to say don't have kids, there's probably no overabundance of males breaking down their doors to get them pregnant. But the lesbian said about that, the better.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I am a VHEMT supporter. The less humans there are, the better.
Loki

Post by Loki »

You think no humans is better than some?

VHEMT is about wiping out humanity altogether. You think that's cool?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Less humans is better than billions or trillions of humans. Between no humans at all and just a few, I'll take just a few. But no humans is not going to happen voluntarily. It will happen as a consequence of war, famine or disease.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

The problem with volunteering not to procreate is that those who agree that we are crashing the ecosystem with too many people tend to be the intelligent, responsible people. It seems that intelligence is genetic (click the drop-down menu), so by responsible intelligent people not breeding but the dullards and people of objectionable dispositions breed like bunnies, that won't solve anything. Maybe that would cause the extinction of humans - and many other species vulnerable to atomic bombs, but I think that much better solutions would result from keeping intelligent, stable people in the gene pool.

Granted, not all intelligent people beget all intelligent children, but that could be because humans have only recently begun to self-select partners based on mental faculties. In the past, all men cared about was the trophy wife - the prettiest woman he could get. Intelligence was considered a negative trait in a woman, so she was discouraged from intellectual persuits and kept undereducated. With intelligent men going after pretty dumb women, and leaving intelligent women with nitwits, the human race ended up with a whole bunch of mental mutts.

When breeding dogs, humans could just look at the traits and directly breed dogs for the desired traits. Even at that, german shepherds took 20-30 years to become a breed and they can breed at the age of 2. Since humans shouldn't breed until at least the age of 20, it would take a minimum of 200-300 years of an intensive breeding program to even start a breed of humans with a particular set of mental characteristics. I don't picture that being tolerated today. With humans, memes and genes seem to be the two legs apon which evolution walks. Each must wait for the other to finish taking a step before they can go forward again. The meme of allowing women to achieve their potential and accepting - even valuing - women of greater potential, and men not being afraid of or intimidated by women of substance, can lead to a greater concentration of intelligent genes combining with other intelligent genes... leading to a self-selected breed of intelligent human beings. (intelligence here being a generic term for the various intelligences, including wisdom).
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

VHEMT strikes me as comical above all else. Even on my worst day (and I have some pretty awful ones), I am not that freakin self-loathing. And, even if I were, I'm certainly not psychotic enough to want to take everybody else with me.

My advice to VHEMT advocates is to have the courage of their convictions and start with themselves.
I live in a tub.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Unidian-
My advice to VHEMT advocates is to have the courage of their convictions and start with themselves.

-tomas-
Here, here.
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Nat,
You obviously did not click on the link. All they're saying is that they themselves will not have any more children. How is that not starting with themselves?
Loki

Post by Loki »

Shahrazad wrote:Less humans is better than billions or trillions of humans. Between no humans at all and just a few, I'll take just a few.
Then you aren't really a VHEM proponent.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Did you read the blog, Loki? The proponents realize that extinction is not likely to happen.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

You obviously did not click on the link. All they're saying is that they themselves will not have any more children. How is that not starting with themselves?
Fine, then. Kudos to them. Children stink anyway.
I live in a tub.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Shahrazad wrote:I am a VHEMT supporter. The less humans there are, the better.
More humans, less people.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Robert wrote:
More humans, less people.
More humans, fewer people.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Shahrazad wrote:Did you read the blog, Loki? The proponents realize that extinction is not likely to happen.
mmm hmmm. But they advocate extinction. End of story. If you don't advocate human extinction, then you aren't VHEMT
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I believe that many of these people probably find it very difficult to watch humans continue on the path of self-destruction. And combined with such an awareness of what is wrong, while still having an emotional ego results in feelings of despair, depression, and perhaps even fear of ones own survival. Such as fear could drive one to take such an irrational position to extinguish all humans.

It's definitely a irrational logical leap in thinking - something like this: the state of humanity is causing me to feel all these emotions, just by being aware of what we are doing to the environment and each other, and so because I want to end this suffering, ending humanity altogether is all that my mind can came up with as a solution.

these sensitive types often self-project the earth to mean their egos as well. They will say things like: "The earth will be so much better off without humans here, which really means, my ego will be so much better off without humans here"

personally, I want to see an end to ignorance, and so I wish there was a humane way to influence people who gather in places like churches, ghettos, and sport stadiums to not reproduce, instead of the people who research what is wrong on their own accord, and then decide to not to have children. That seems backwards to me, anyone with any intellectual potential at all is deciding not to have children, while the dullards continue to reproduce as if business is usual.

The long-term consequence of intellectuals deciding not to reproduce could be far worse, than if the smart males found the smartest, most genetically fit females, and had a child.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:personally, I want to see an end to ignorance, and so I wish there was a humane way to influence people who gather in places like churches, ghettos, and sport stadiums to not reproduce,
Damn straight, Ryan, damn them for gathering in those ghettos.
That seems backwards to me, anyone with any intellectual potential at all is deciding not to have children, while the dullards continue to reproduce as if business is usual. The long-term consequence of intellectuals deciding not to reproduce could be far worse, than if the smart males found the smartest, most genetically fit females, and had a child.
Good Master-Race thinking there.

And God knows smart males and genetically fit women never frequent sports stadiums!
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Loki wrote:
Also interesting, the joy with which they obey their consciences, always making the best of it, women, you just gotta luv'em.
One may be inclined to wonder how large (or small) this gathering might have been had forced to suffer some serious boredom for their cause.

Incidentally, has it been established yet? ...that is, how much suffering your average female activist is willing to endure for some altruistic endeavour?
Shouldnt be a very complicated experiment.
Have we any scientists here!

But wait!
Not in the US of A, dont attempt it there god forbid, at least check the laws first as it very well may be illegal by now.

Certainly it's bad manners!

Foreigner
FOREIGNER
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

You're not alone!
Why do you think warring, mass shootings, MMA, gun-slingin' action films, and the Pet Police are so popular.
We all pretty much hate each other.
Hate our relatives most of all.

"Someones gotta pay!"

Anyone have any statistics - prevalence of persons mostly women i hear taking canine lovers/partners?
I reckon it's not much longer now, seems to be just around the corner there in the home of the brave and totally free: open discussion and public acceptance of such mixed affairs.

I believe there are at least as many people secretly approving these furry partnerships as there are people practicing same-sex love.
Perhaps some 20% have indulged already, 60% have given thought to it, while the remaining twenty have a live-and-let-live attitude about it.

Get used to it, dear Americans.
"Its MY body" all over again!

Foreigner
FOREIGNER
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:The problem with volunteering not to procreate is that those who agree that we are crashing the ecosystem with too many people tend to be the intelligent, responsible people. It seems that intelligence is genetic (click the drop-down menu), so by responsible intelligent people not breeding but the dullards and people of objectionable dispositions breed like bunnies, that won't solve anything. Maybe that would cause the extinction of humans - and many other species vulnerable to atomic bombs, but I think that much better solutions would result from keeping intelligent, stable people in the gene pool.

Granted, not all intelligent people beget all intelligent children, but that could be because humans have only recently begun to self-select partners based on mental faculties. In the past, all men cared about was the trophy wife - the prettiest woman he could get. Intelligence was considered a negative trait in a woman, so she was discouraged from intellectual persuits and kept undereducated. With intelligent men going after pretty dumb women, and leaving intelligent women with nitwits, the human race ended up with a whole bunch of mental mutts.

When breeding dogs, humans could just look at the traits and directly breed dogs for the desired traits. Even at that, german shepherds took 20-30 years to become a breed and they can breed at the age of 2. Since humans shouldn't breed until at least the age of 20, it would take a minimum of 200-300 years of an intensive breeding program to even start a breed of humans with a particular set of mental characteristics. I don't picture that being tolerated today. With humans, memes and genes seem to be the two legs apon which evolution walks. Each must wait for the other to finish taking a step before they can go forward again. The meme of allowing women to achieve their potential and accepting - even valuing - women of greater potential, and men not being afraid of or intimidated by women of substance, can lead to a greater concentration of intelligent genes combining with other intelligent genes... leading to a self-selected breed of intelligent human beings. (intelligence here being a generic term for the various intelligences, including wisdom).
You make some good points, Elizabeth.
So what do you have in mind, can you persuade any of the geniuses to work with you.
Are you ready for the responsibility.
What are your expectations of the men?

Foreigner
FOREIGNER
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Unidian wrote:VHEMT strikes me as comical above all else. Even on my worst day (and I have some pretty awful ones), I am not that freakin self-loathing. And, even if I were, I'm certainly not psychotic enough to want to take everybody else with me.

lol
good one.

So what's up why such awful days?
Is help available, hope so.

Foreigner
FOREIGNER
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:I believe that many of these people probably find it very difficult to watch humans continue on the path of self-destruction. And combined with such an awareness of what is wrong, while still having an emotional ego results in feelings of despair, depression, and perhaps even fear of ones own survival. Such as fear could drive one to take such an irrational position to extinguish all humans.

It's definitely a irrational logical leap in thinking - something like this: the state of humanity is causing me to feel all these emotions, just by being aware of what we are doing to the environment and each other, and so because I want to end this suffering, ending humanity altogether is all that my mind can came up with as a solution.

these sensitive types often self-project the earth to mean their egos as well. They will say things like: "The earth will be so much better off without humans here, which really means, my ego will be so much better off without humans here"

personally, I want to see an end to ignorance, and so I wish there was a humane way to influence people who gather in places like churches, ghettos, and sport stadiums to not reproduce, instead of the people who research what is wrong on their own accord, and then decide to not to have children. That seems backwards to me, anyone with any intellectual potential at all is deciding not to have children, while the dullards continue to reproduce as if business is usual.

The long-term consequence of intellectuals deciding not to reproduce could be far worse, than if the smart males found the smartest, most genetically fit females, and had a child.
Yes, irrational indeed.

Yet i dont think it has been shown that, smarter mothers make wiser kids. It may turn out that the most submissive and feminine females provide the best nest sites for brainy offspring. As well as superior milking.
Neither do i believe, has history shown its most exceptional men had especially exceptional mothers.

quote:I wish there was a humane way to influence people who gather in places like churches, ghettos, and sport stadiums to not reproduce,
lol
But there IS!
Dont you think, there IS a humane way, several humane ways, are there not.

Foreigner
FOREIGNER
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

IIRC it's been shown, in the process of IQ research, that mothers' intelligence and education has a stronger effect than the fathers', because the mothers generally make more decisions about the child's life and upbringing than the fathers do.

As to the Voluntary Human Extinction losers -- they totally miss the point. It can be easily argued that the Earth is underpopulated.
Forethought Venus Wednesday