Women caused the credit crisis:-

Post questions or suggestions here.
vicdan

Re: Women caused the credit crisis:-

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:And besides, it's female employment being higher than the world average is immaterial. It has a lower female employment rate than the western countries.
hahaha. I was waiting for this, you little brainless weasel! You are so easy to manipulate, as ignorant idiots are wont to be!

Watch:
"The number of working women in China has reached 330 million, accounting for 46.7 percent of the total working population in the country

This percentage in USA is 46%.

BTW, things are even worse for you, my dear peg boy, because China has a much higher male-to-female ratio, 1.07, while in USA it's 0.97; so normalized for societal gender ratio, their respective female workforce participation ratios would be:

China: 49.97%
USA: 44.62%

In short, China has a significantly higher percentage of women in the workforce than USA does, both as a nominal ratio and as a normalized ratio. Why are you still making facts up, you little creep?
No.
Which is to say, you don't understand even the most basic microeconomics.
It doesn't matter whose 'fault' it is. The fact of the matter is that women in the US are employed in sectors which are not productive in any sense.
But you didn't show that, halfwit.
The failed fund operated sector in the US is most definitely to blame for this, which is dominated by women.
Huh? Most mutual funds and hedge funds are operated by men. Most elected government officials are men. Wanna blame someone for our deficit and for the crisis? You'd have to blame men much more than women, idiot.
Forethought Venus Wednesday
jupta

Post by jupta »

vicdan wrote:hahaha. I was waiting for this, you little brainless weasel! You are so easy to manipulate, as ignorant idiots are wont to be!

Watch:
"The number of working women in China has reached 330 million, accounting for 46.7 percent of the total working population in the country

This percentage in USA is 46%.

BTW, things are even worse for you, my dear peg boy, because China has a much higher male-to-female ratio, 1.07, while in USA it's 0.97; so normalized for societal gender ratio, their respective female workforce participation ratios would be:

China: 49.97%
USA: 44.62%

In short, China has a significantly higher percentage of women in the workforce than USA does, both as a nominal ratio and as a normalized ratio. Why are you still making facts up, you little creep?
Hm...seems I was wrong here. I should have just pointed out that even there, the male dominated sectors are more productive by far than the female dominated ones.

Either way, I wouldn't trust figures from the Chinese government. And working women have a hell of a hard time in China, it would seem.
Huh? Most mutual funds and hedge funds are operated by men. Most elected government officials are men. Wanna blame someone for our deficit and for the crisis? You'd have to blame men much more than women, idiot.
I'm not talking about mutual funds or hedge funds. I'm talking about the fund-operated sector.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

What is a "peg boy?"

Ahh... urban dictionary offers the following:
A pegboy was a young man kept on pirate ships by pirates. This young man was forced to sit on a large wooden peg...all the time. Anyway, this was done so that whenever a pirate wanted to drop his anchor (so to speak) he'd have no problem.
lol
The failed fund operated sector in the US is most definitely to blame for this, which is dominated by women.
It is?

Is anything you don't like "dominated by women" simply because you don't like it?
I live in a tub.
jupta

Post by jupta »

This thread has gone stupid.

Firstly, the point of the article was not whether women have caused the crisis, but whether their removal from work would solve it. I gave enough evidence to support that point, and I won't be bothered to do it again.

Secondly, Vicdan used the typical method used by politicians and lawyers, of branching off the debate in all different directions. Well done there. I would have caught you on it if I were not so drowsy last night. And invent some new insults will you? I will admit, however, that 'pegboy' is a good one.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Hm...seems I was wrong here.
You weren't merely wrong. You made shit up on the spot and claimed it to be a fact.
I should have just pointed out that even there, the male dominated sectors are more productive by far than the female dominated ones.
You are yet to define what you mean by 'productive' in this context. I suspect it's because you yourself haven't the faintest idea.
I'm not talking about mutual funds or hedge funds. I'm talking about the fund-operated sector.
And which sector would that be? Which sector of the economy is operated by the funds (I assume you mean mutual funds and somesuch)?

Haven't you gotten it yet, kiddo? your attempts to lie your way out of your predicament will be turned upon you. You cannot bullshit me.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Firstly, the point of the article was not whether women have caused the crisis, but whether their removal from work would solve it. I gave enough evidence to support that point, and I won't be bothered to do it again.
You haven't given one iota of evidence in suppport of this ludicrous claim. Quite the contrary, i have shown that your 'solution' would in fact make things worse.
Secondly, Vicdan used the typical method used by politicians and lawyers, of branching off the debate in all different directions.
meaning, you can't support your claims, but you will be damned if you will admit it, so you will blame me for broadening the discussion, when in fact all i have done is demanded that you back up your claims.
I would have caught you on it if I were not so drowsy last night.
<LOL> if this a pathetic Excuse Night, or is there a Candid Camera filming us? You can't seriously be this pathetic, can you?..
And invent some new insults will you? I will admit, however, that 'pegboy' is a good one.
That's an oldie-but-goodie. I save spending the effort to invent new insults for worthwhile opponents. You are just a mediocre piece of intellectual santorum.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

For those who don't know what "santorum" is, don't look it up.

Trust me on this.
Firstly, the point of the article was not whether women have caused the crisis, but whether their removal from work would solve it.
Why focus exclusively on women?

Using technology and other means to phase out a lot of jobs would be great. Doing so based on gender would be dumb.
I live in a tub.
jupta

Post by jupta »

vicdan wrote:You haven't given one iota of evidence in suppport of this ludicrous claim. Quite the contrary, i have shown that your 'solution' would in fact make things worse.
Really? Or rather, did you conveniently ignore them, and move on to the other points?
vicdan wrote:The question is not in showing the gender distribution by economy sector. That much is obvious. The trick is in (1) showing that jobs in some sectors are 'more productive' than in others, and (2) trying this difference in productivity to gender (as opposed to, say, the nature of the job -- i.e. an engineer will always be more productive than a farm hand for example), and (3) showing that remuneration is disproportionate to productivity WRT gender.

Emboldened part - So we agree that men and women are represented differently in different sectors. So, we would also agree that men dominate the profit-based sectors, and women the fund-based ones(as is clearly exhibited by the links.)

1. - I already 'showed' that multiple times. Read the whole thread.

2. - 'Tied'. Long ago. The example you provided was real clever btw.

3. - Also 'showed'.

You are constantly demanding that I provide back ups to my claims, while ignoring the ones I did provide. I doubt you looked into a single one of those links.

Alright, now for where you 'showed' that my solution would make things worse:
vicdan wrote:What the author is suggesting -- encouraging women to quit -- is no different from encouraging people to leave the workforce. Surely many of the employed men have wives who earn enough to keep the family going! Why don't those men stay at home, and let those really in desperate need of jobs get one? But of course this will do exactly nothing for the crisis, because at best (assuming the cost of training new employees to be a big fat zero), the aggregate income, and thus aggregate consumption, will remain exactly as it is, so the economy won't spin any faster. In the real world, though, the cost of retraining, coupled with the lack of gain in aggregate employment, would make the problem worse, not better.
I should have just addressed THIS and been done with it. Unfortunately, I did not read it yesterday.... mea culpa. Anyways,

Emboldened part - you agree that there are separate male and female dominated sectors, but here you're singing a completely different song. If genders are represented differently in different sectors, then how can making a large portion of one of the genders quit be the same as making any random person quit?

Besides, the author clearly noted that many men should be fired too, along with a much greater number of women, because they are a burden to the economy. That is also what I said. Training of new employees doesn't even come into the question.

You didn't read the article in full, or you couldn't understand what was being said in it.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Emboldened part - So we agree that men and women are represented differently in different sectors. So, we would also agree that men dominate the profit-based sectors, and women the fund-based ones(as is clearly exhibited by the links.)
WTF do you mean by 'fund-based sectors'? is English your second language, or do you simply have a jumble in your head?
1. - I already 'showed' that multiple times. Read the whole thread.
No, you didn't. You claimed that certain sectors are more productive than others, but you never showed that. You never even defined what you mean by 'more productive'.
2. - 'Tied'. Long ago.
Nope. Not once. if you disagree, quote and link such argument.
3. - Also 'showed'.
No, you didn't. You never once demonstrated that the relationship between remuneration and productivity is skewed in favor of women. In fact, quite the opposite seems to be the case -- women get paid less than men for equivalent jobs, which means that women are actually more productive per dollar paid than men are in similar jobs.
You are constantly demanding that I provide back ups to my claims, while ignoring the ones I did provide.
I am not ignoring them because you aren'rt providing them. if you disagree, link and quote your evidence and arguments for your claims.
Emboldened part - you agree that there are separate male and female dominated sectors, but here you're singing a completely different song. If genders are represented differently in different sectors, then how can making a large portion of one of the genders quit be the same as making any random person quit?
I never said it's equivalent to any random person being encouraged to quit. Read again what i wrote. However, the author of course failed to demonstrate that specifically sectors with large female workforce would improve the economic situation by shrinking.
Besides, the author clearly noted that many men should be fired too, along with a much greater number of women, because they are a burden to the economy. That is also what I said.
And I showed to you that implementing this insane suggestion would actually make the crisis worse. That article, and your thread, are after all about the causes of the credit crisis.
You didn't read the article in full, or you couldn't understand what was being said in it.
I did, and I addressed it. You are too dumb to understand my response.

You and this article are clearly arguing from the POV of pure unvarnished misogyny. how else can one explain the suggestion that all of these jobs (mostly ones held by women) should be abolished, in an article about the economic crisis? This has absolutely no reason behind it other than the sheer disdain for women.
jupta

Post by jupta »

vicdan wrote:WTF do you mean by 'fund-based sectors'? is English your second language, or do you simply have a jumble in your head?
Sectors that do not have a profit motive, i.e, funded by government or other sources. In other words, the public sector.
No, you didn't. You claimed that certain sectors are more productive than others, but you never showed that. You never even defined what you mean by 'more productive'.
Sectors that do not have a profit motive are less productive than sectors that do - that's my point. Women dominate the former sectors(look at links provided before). I grant that they may be essential to an economy, but only to the extent that they do not cause losses. An example - in the US, healthcare industry employs the most people(and 90%+ are women), yet France, which employs far less(and the industry is male dominated), treats the people better.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 042070.htm

http://cthealth.server101.com/Old%20Uni ... atment.htm
Nope. Not once. if you disagree, quote and link such argument.
Already answered.
No, you didn't. You never once demonstrated that the relationship between remuneration and productivity is skewed in favor of women. In fact, quite the opposite seems to be the case -- women get paid less than men for equivalent jobs, which means that women are actually more productive per dollar paid than men are in similar jobs.
For one, maternity leave. For two, women get paid less because they work less.
I am not ignoring them because you aren'rt providing them. if you disagree, link and quote your evidence and arguments for your claims.

This should have been inferred from what I said, and the links I provided. And I won't care to quote them. They are in this thread.
I never said it's equivalent to any random person being encouraged to quit. Read again what i wrote. However, the author of course failed to demonstrate that specifically sectors with large female workforce would improve the economic situation by shrinking.

You said that it was equal to making people quit the workforce, which is literally the same as saying any random person, irrespective of gender. And of course the economy would improve. Less tax would be directed to paying the employees in sectors which do not generate any profit whatsoever, and perform rather poorly.
And I showed to you that implementing this insane suggestion would actually make the crisis worse.
No you did not. What you basically said was that firing people from the economy would account for the reduction of the economy. That is not true, because many jobs in the already deflated economy are now rendered useless.
That article, and your thread, are after all about the causes of the credit crisis.
Neither of them is about the causes of the credit crisis, but a cause.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Victor said to jupta,
Haven't you gotten it yet, kiddo? your attempts to lie your way out of your predicament will be turned upon you. You cannot bullshit me.
Have you ever heard of masochism?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

The following bit is of interest mostly for Brits and jupta but also relevant to the topic. It's a speech of conservative European Parliament member Daniel Hannan trashing Gordon Brown right in front of him in the parliament meeting!

Scroll down to watch the video and transcript of Daniel Hannan's address
It's not just that you are not apologising - like everyone else I've long accepted that you are pathologically incapable of accepting responsibility for these things - it's that you are carrying on wilfully worsening our situation, wantonly spending what little we have left.

In the last year 100,000 private sector jobs have been lost and yet you have created 30,000 public sector jobs. Prime Minister, you cannot carry on forever squeezing the productive bit of the economy in order to fund an unprecedented engorgement of the unproductive bit.

You cannot spend your way out of a recession or borrow your way out of debt. And when you repeat, in that wooden and perfunctory way, that our situation is better than others, that we are well placed to weather the storm, I have to tell you, you sound like a Brezhnev era apparatchik giving the party line.

You know and we know and you know that we know that it's nonsense. Everyone knows that Britain is worse off than any other country as we go into these hard times.

The IMF has said so. The European Commission has said so. The markets say so, which is why the pound has lost a third of its value.

They can see what the markets have seen: that you are the devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Government.'
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Jupta,

Basically, while I agree that there are probably a lot of unnecessary jobs and I am all in favor of figuring out how, as a society, to have people work much less, you really have not demonstrated that women are less productive. You have merely stated that you have more respect for certain heavy industry. I could give many examples. A cook is productive because, well, obviously he puts meals together, and therefore the useless female waitress is unproductive because she takes and gets rid of all those useful meals he has made! Let's fire her and she can stay home. Then - the cook can go home too I guess. This is the sort of argument you are making. Undoubtedly, men are productive and strong and do a lot of the heavier jobs. Even if a man digs up the raw materials, the seamstress or factory workers who are usually female - they are very productive.

Look at this:
An example - in the US, healthcare industry employs the most people(and 90%+ are women), yet France, which employs far less(and the industry is male dominated), treats the people better.
First of all, are you suggesting that most nurses in France are men?
Second of all, the French are much healthier because the food in France is good and people have universal access to healthcare, and the French walk more.
Most illness in the US is unnecessary, but that is because of massive corruption in corporate and political lobbying industries, male dominated by the way.
It is absurd, as Unidian pointed out, to consider treating a wounded male worker as nonproductive. I'd say he deserves to get treated, don't you?
Third of all, the universal health care in France is paid for by tax dollars, whereas in the U.S. it isn't.
For one, maternity leave.
In most European countries they have real maternity leave, not the joke we have in the U.S. Look, if women are going to work, society needs to also take care of its children, and it women too. Too much feminism in the US has led to the idea that it is fair to treat women and men the same, but it is anything but fair to the women.
Yours is a very hard hearted and unsocial attitude. If we don't need life, then we don't need women, and the men can just produce away until they all die out. Your arguments are mean spirited and absurd.
Real men love and protect women. May very well be that Unidian and Vic will scoff at this, but it is true.
You are just like the QRS of this forum. They are boys, not men.

Male corporate abuses - we can dismiss it because the entire west of the world, and for at least hundreds of years, is "feminine."

And by the way, the word was "populace" not populous.
I'm sorry but I can't accept that welfare is a drop in the bucket. At least not for the population. Besides, there is child support, healthcare, alimony etc. which women consume to a larger extent.
Welfare may seem like a lot, and it may be good to control it, but it is not a very large section of the tax expendatures. For that we have our constant waging of war.

Child support and healthcare, my god, are the needs of life, and men pay it when their exwives are raising the children. Would you have men not contribute to the upbringing of their children? Raising a family costs so much money that even though women get childcare, nonetheless their standard of living goes down after divorce and the man's go up. Do you not know this? If you think that it is still a travesty for men to pay for their own childrens' lives, then let me remind you that even among the animals many males contribute greatly to the raising of their offspring, and those who can't do not mate. End of story.
Sorry, I don't believe that a working American woman has it any worse than, say, a housewife in India. They are allowed a far higher level of flexibility than men in the workplace. That alone disproves your point.
I didn't realize when we started this conversation how young you were. I cannot compare an American working woman to a housewife in India. I can compare an American working woman to a nonworking woman! Or, I could compare an American working woman to a European one. I am talking about women with children. Most European women would be aghast at what American women go through, working with such young infants. And I am aghast because in this wonderful best country in the world babies aren't being breastfed, even though 99% of women want to, because it really just is incredibly hard to breastfeed an infant that you are separated from.

The exclusive male club I am referring to is, anthropologically, that pretty much every society I have ever heard of has one. It may be a hut or a club or a function, but women are not allowed. And the point was that you think women are all lovey dovey and socialize, while men are rugged individualists. Now, in many cases this is true. A man may take off and go digging for gold in the old west. Women weren't strong enough, nor could they live without male protection against other males very well.
But males, if you look at it, actually create the organized and large social structures of society. And I was bemoaning the fact that men in civilization (not tribal peoples so far as I am aware)have reverted back to a chimp-male level of socializing. They do seem to have stopped in modern times, however. It occurs with kings and priests, but not elected officials I guess.
Truth is a pathless land.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Sectors that do not have a profit motive, i.e, funded by government or other sources. In other words, the public sector.
In short, government-maintained police for example; which, in contrast with private police, is less efficient...
Sectors that do not have a profit motive are less productive than sectors that do - that's my point.
it's a moronic point. For example, national defense cannot be provided by the private sector, for well-understood economic reasons; so government-provided national defense is more productive than private national defense for example, because private national defense cannot fucking exist.

you are an imbecile.
French public healthcare is imperfect, but their public healthcare is more productive and more efficient than our private healthcare.

You are an ignorant cretin.
This should have been inferred from what I said, and the links I provided. And I won't care to quote them. They are in this thread.
So you can't even link to a specific post in this very thread, halfwit. i thought so.
You said that it was equal to making people quit the workforce, which is literally the same as saying any random person, irrespective of gender
Random person, irrespective of gender, in corresponding sectors.
And of course the economy would improve. Less tax would be directed to paying the employees in sectors which do not generate any profit whatsoever, and perform rather poorly.
OK. how much better would the economy do if we cut funding to the interstate highway system? police? education? scientific research? etc.

your understanding of economics is effectively nil.
No you did not. What you basically said was that firing people from the economy would account for the reduction of the economy. That is not true, because many jobs in the already deflated economy are now rendered useless.
And creating even more unemployed would make things even worse. Duh.
Neither of them is about the causes of the credit crisis, but a cause.
Right. And it's completely wrong.
jupta

Post by jupta »

vicdan wrote:In short, government-maintained police for example; which, in contrast with private police, is less efficient...
Indeed, but does this relate to the discussion at hand?
it's a moronic point. For example, national defense cannot be provided by the private sector, for well-understood economic reasons; so government-provided national defense is more productive than private national defense for example, because private national defense cannot fucking exist.

you are an imbecile.
Again, irrelevant.
French public healthcare is imperfect, but their public healthcare is more productive and more efficient than our private healthcare.
I don't know from where you came up with that. Or, how its directly relevant in this case.
So you can't even link to a specific post in this very thread, halfwit. i thought so.
Heh...and you can't find it.
Random person, irrespective of gender, in corresponding sectors.
Alright....but you didn't mention it previously.
OK. how much better would the economy do if we cut funding to the interstate highway system? police? education? scientific research? etc.

your understanding of economics is effectively nil.
Some public sector areas are of course productive....And, scratch education out of there. US public education is one of the worst in the developed world.
And creating even more unemployed would make things even worse. Duh.
Not when those unemployed are not needed.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Indeed, but does this relate to the discussion at hand?
Of course it does. Generally, the government does what the private enterprise cannot do, or at least cannot do well. As such, the claim that private sector is more efficient than public sector is total lunacy -- not because it's wrong (it's not even that) but because it's meaningless.

It's like saying that roller skates are faster than cross-country skis. Roller skates cannot run on snow, cretin!
I don't know from where you came up with that. Or, how its directly relevant in this case.
Your claim was that the public sector is less productive than the private sector. i have shown you that this dumb generalization, inasmuch as it is even coherent, is incorrect -- by using the example of French healthcare system.
Heh...and you can't find it.
Why would I even look? You make the claim,. it's your job to support it. Until you link to your post in question, your claims about having already provided the argument are baseless.
Some public sector areas are of course productive....
Then you cannot make a blanket claim that public sectors are less productive than private sectors, which in turn means that you cannot assume that cutting women-held jobs from the public sector will increase productivity.

Not that you ever could. I am just rubbing your nose in it now.
Not when those unemployed are not needed.
You mean not when those jobs are not needed? Of course it would make things worse in current circumstances! Do you understand keynesian macroeconomic theory?

Now, of all times, even totally useless jobs are useful. As Keynes famously quipped, even simply burying money in bottles in old coal mines, to create a mining rush, would be useful in a depression. Government right now is trying to pump money into the economy to jump-start demand again. Under these conditions, even utterly useless jobs (and you have not shown that the jobs in question are useless, idiot) are still useful. The time to be rid of useless jobs would be when the economy recovers, not in the middle of crisis, when the government is trying to get money into the populace's hands.

Right now, every job destroyed, even if it were a totally useless job, exacerbates the crisis; and you have not at all shown that the jobs held by women are inherently less productive than the jobs held by men. You haven't even defined what you mean by 'less productive'. That's because you have no coherent point, just dumb misogyny.

Your abject stupidity and ignorance are beginning to really wear on me.
jupta

Post by jupta »

vicdan wrote:Of course it does. Generally, the government does what the private enterprise cannot do, or at least cannot do well. As such, the claim that private sector is more efficient than public sector is total lunacy -- not because it's wrong (it's not even that) but because it's meaningless.
Well, you yourself said that private police was more efficient than government police. So, I'm not sure how this point is relevant....
Your claim was that the public sector is less productive than the private sector. i have shown you that this dumb generalization, inasmuch as it is even coherent, is incorrect -- by using the example of French healthcare system.

Firstly, most of American healthcare is public sector. As for your claim, provide links, please.
Why would I even look? You make the claim,. it's your job to support it. Until you link to your post in question, your claims about having already provided the argument are baseless.
I already supported it. You made the claim that I didn't. It's therefore not my job to search it up, but yours.
Then you cannot make a blanket claim that public sectors are less productive than private sectors
It should have been assumed that I meant the sectors dominated by women. Anyway, my fault for not indicating it more precisely.
Now, of all times, even totally useless jobs are useful. As Keynes famously quipped, even simply burying money in bottles in old coal mines, to create a mining rush, would be useful in a depression. Government right now is trying to pump money into the economy to jump-start demand again. Under these conditions, even utterly useless jobs (and you have not shown that the jobs in question are useless, idiot) are still useful. The time to be rid of useless jobs would be when the economy recovers, not in the middle of crisis, when the government is trying to get money into the populace's hands.

Right now, every job destroyed, even if it were a totally useless job, exacerbates the crisis; and you have not at all shown that the jobs held by women are inherently less productive than the jobs held by men. You haven't even defined what you mean by 'less productive'. That's because you have no coherent point, just dumb misogyny.
The stimulus will not work.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

jupta wrote:Well, you yourself said that private police was more efficient than government police.
Dumbo, that was sarcasm. There is no private police, and there can be no private police, for reasons which should be obvious. I was making a point that there is no private police to compare public police to!

man, you are dumb...
Firstly, most of American healthcare is public sector. As for your claim, provide links, please.
French healthcare is #1 in the world (USA is #37)
French expenditure on healthcare: 11% of GDP, of them 80% public spendings (USA: 15%, of them 45% public spendings).

Of course anyone who actually bothered to familiarize themselves with the state of healthcare in the world -- i.e. not you -- would know that France has the best healthcare in the world, largely public, while spending a much lower percentage of GDP on it than USA does.

Furthermore, in which universe does 45% (the percentage of healthcare spendings in USA made by the public sector) constitutes 'most'? You are making up 'facts' again, little liar.

man, do you fucking know anything? Time after time, you loudly cite 'facts' which turn out to be flat-out wrong. You seem to be a compulsive liar.
It should have been assumed that I meant the sectors dominated by women. Anyway, my fault for not indicating it more precisely.
But cretin, you still haven't done one iota to support that claim. You haven't even been able to explain what you mean by 'less productive'.
The stimulus will not work.
Given how abysmally ignorant you are about basic economics, I think i will be forgiven by not taking you at your word, and pointing and laughing instead.
jelly24

Post by jelly24 »

Thank you so much for your posts

maison de credit