Religion: The Pinnacle of Sanity and Morality

Post questions or suggestions here.
BMcGilly07

Religion: The Pinnacle of Sanity and Morality

Post by BMcGilly07 »

I had posted this in another thread, but I thought it should be brought to the attention of anyone who still believes there is any worth left in the church:

The Catholic Church strikes again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7926694.stm
Gretchen

Re: Religion: The Pinnacle of Sanity and Morality

Post by Gretchen »

Tragic....and then there is the question of Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden - among others. Biden was even televised with ashes still on his forehead at a news conference.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Biden is a Catholic? Tragic.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Shahrazad wrote:Biden is a Catholic? Tragic.
Yes, he went to my high school, a private Catholic place in Delaware.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

BMcGilly07 wrote:I had posted this in another thread, but I thought it should be brought to the attention of anyone who still believes there is any worth left in the church:

This has been getting a lot of media attention, I am glad to say.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Follow-up: Vatican Backs the Move to Excommunicate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7930380.stm
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

BMcGilly07 wrote:Follow-up: Vatican Backs the Move to Excommunicate
The Catholic church are inadvertently doing these poor people a favour.Fancy being mired in an institution as ridiculous as these clowns.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Ataraxia wrote:
BMcGilly07 wrote:Follow-up: Vatican Backs the Move to Excommunicate
The Catholic church are inadvertently doing these poor people a favour.Fancy being mired in an institution as ridiculous as these clowns.
Why can't you sepatate your sentences with two spaces like everyone else does, for Chrissake? You don't even bother using one space. You mean you cannot look at your posts and see that they just don't appear right?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

broken,
Why can't you sepatate your sentences with two spaces like everyone else does, for Chrissake?
In the same tone, can I ask you to leave a space between your words, like Christ and sake?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Why can't you sepatate your sentences
And check your typos before posting, while you're at it? :)
Loki

Post by Loki »

Ataraxia's tendency to not use the space bar after periods is definitely bizzare and annoying.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Loki wrote:Ataraxia's tendency to not use the space bar after periods is definitely bizzare and annoying.
Obviously a conservative, saves time and space.
Don't run to your death
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

brokenhead wrote: Why can't you sepatate your sentences with two spaces like everyone else does, for Chrissake?
To beat a fossilized horse: two spaces come from the old type-writer age. It's certainly not something 'everyone else' does. If anything, 'everyone' uses one space with electronic documents and publishing with any modern font.

To make matters worse: with HTML, which is what you're reading now all spaces will be condensed to one space, no matter how many you type: <-- 8 spaces!

In general a vacuum in meaning sucks way more to me than a little de-styling.
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

Seven posts dedicated to the lack of a space after a period. You people need to get more.
Loki

Post by Loki »

If that's what it takes to get you on the straight and narrow!
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Ataraxia's tendency to not use the space bar after periods is definitely bizzare and annoying.
Less bizarre than you think. I've encountered other people who don't leave spaces after commas, periods or any other punctuation marks. They never stop doing it no matter how much other bloggers beg them to stop. It's a lost cause.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

Spank my grammar.

Whip my punctuation.

Flog my typos...oh, you lovely, smart lil' ocd'ers. *winks

I'm a two spacer myself. When did it change to one space after a sentence? I didn't get that memo.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Get more... what? Space?

Ever since I was a kid, learning touch-typing in school, it's been one space after a period. That would have been around 1990 that I was taking touch-typing in high-school.
Animus

Post by Animus »

BMcGilly07 wrote:I had posted this in another thread, but I thought it should be brought to the attention of anyone who still believes there is any worth left in the church:

And after her uterus ruptured and she died, the chruch proclaimed "It was God's Will! No one is above God's Law".

Someone in the crowd shouted out "Was it God's Will that she be raped and impregnated at the age of 9? Only to die during the pregnancy?"
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Animus wrote:Someone in the crowd shouted out "Was it God's Will that she be raped and impregnated at the age of 9? Only to die during the pregnancy?"
God works in mysterious (and morally repugnant) ways.

Also, God demands at least one space after a period. Is that so much to ask? He's not asking you to sacrifice your first born son. Just tap that space bar with your thumb to avoid everlasting torment in the fires of hell. (Admittedly, it is one of the outer circles of hell and not that bad really.)
Animus

Post by Animus »

DHodges wrote:
Animus wrote:Someone in the crowd shouted out "Was it God's Will that she be raped and impregnated at the age of 9? Only to die during the pregnancy?"
God works in mysterious (and morally repugnant) ways.

Also, God demands at least one space after a period. Is that so much to ask? He's not asking you to sacrifice your first born son. Just tap that space bar with your thumb to avoid everlasting torment in the fires of hell. (Admittedly, it is one of the outer circles of hell and not that bad really.)
Hey now, If I missed a space somewhere I should be stoned. I don't think I did though.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Lots of complaints for the Holy Catholic church, and certain members, why is that?
Is it personal, they did you wrong.
Most church members remain members for traditional, emotional reasons, and they can always be sure to get their god-fix or re-connection when down or weak, very reliable they are with their masses, confess boxes and pray-to-statue opportunities.
Again most could care less about the more outrageous rules they dont care to follow, no one really forces them, they see no good reason for some official or dramatic escape while several reasons to just let-it-be. It can be fun, especially on special occassions, and often tied to traditional family gatherings not to be missed.

If they were loners like some of you then so easy to say "fuck you i quit" when satisfaction level drops, but when its all in the family etcettra just alot easier to let sleeping dogs lie.
They're certainly not going to quit to suit the likes of YOU. No matter how many rational arguements you toss at their feet.
So GIVE IT UP already, will yaz. Get over it already.
Yup, priests have been known to doodle with little hairless weeniers.
So have atheists, mothers, brothers, and people you chat with at the water cooler.
So What!
Who hasnt?
What if perverted nuns were sticking green bananas and broomsticks up little children's asses.
How long do you think they would'of gotten away with that? 30 years? 10?
Somehow I dont think so. No, them little wide-assed boys would'of gone off in a hurry screaming pants down to mommy and daddy oweing to how much less appealling such an experience would'of been, especially without lubrication!
I reckon them pansy priests narly had it in them to much rough up them boys or exert much force. A crime of mutual consent more often than not, no doubt.

Ok then we heard'ja, consider joining the cant-hate-them-catholics-enough Forum, alright.
Good.
take care.
oh, and watch you backs.....
- FOREIGNER