Sixteen year old boy beats female bus driver in Michigan

Post questions or suggestions here.
Philosophaster

Sixteen year old boy beats female bus driver in Michigan

Post by Philosophaster »

NY Daily News story.

Note that the other kids are mostly calling the guy "dumb" and telling him that he could go to prison: apparently their first concern is for the practical consequences to the attacker rather than the damage done to the driver. Oh well -- at least a couple of the other kids tried to stop him and eventually pulled him away...
Unicorns up in your butt!
Animus

Re: Sixteen year old boy beats female bus driver in Michigan

Post by Animus »

Probably few of those kids like the bus-driver lady. They probably view her as a central point of authority, or in the least, someone who attempts to exert authority over them.

"You need to sit down"

Teenagers can't handle being talked to that way. Neither can adults for that matter.

But often with teenagers, adults treat them like children, more than adults. And that really drives them nuts.

I'm not blaming the bus-driver, she was just doing her job, with maybe an evolved attitude. Thats all I can really say about this.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

I think it's symptomatic of the violence and aggression inherent to American culture.

Then again, while accurate enough, that sort of analysis neglects the obvious - the little shit needs a couple of years behind bars. Here's hoping he gets them.
I live in a tub.
Animus

Post by Animus »

Unidian wrote:I think it's symptomatic of the violence and aggression inherent to American culture.

Then again, while accurate enough, that sort of analysis neglects the obvious - the little shit needs a couple of years behind bars. Here's hoping he gets them.
Ah, yes! He can learn some fine techniques in prison. Make lots of friends, maybe hook-up with Neustra Familia while he's in the clank. They'll teach him important life-skills like, how to disable surveillance systems, how to hot-wire new cars, how to fashion a deadly weapon out of government issue toothbrush and what is the optimal rate for an 8-ball. As a bonus, he'll get a tattoo resembling a sombrero and a dagger, identifying him as NF, and that way if he ever tries to come clean after he's released from prison, they'll be able to identify him.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Unidian,
I think it's symptomatic of the violence and aggression inherent to American culture.
I disagree, I think it has everything to do with human nature, and very little to do with culture. Culture is created by the flaws of human nature. In in opinion, Human psychology is inherently violent, and so constantly blaming the environment is a cope-out, especially when we are refering to young males with high aggressive drives and dominant egos.

Their biology is the cause, not the culture.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:In in opinion, Human psychology is inherently violent.
I don't quite agree,.. but violence is a strong inherent aspect of the human psyche, whether feared or acted out. It's a most coarse manifestation of nerve power, one which a person who is mired in ignorance about a great many things, will tap into out of desperation, lack of options, as is the case with this particular individual mentioned above.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

One can see violence in children from a young age. More times than not, if a child doesn't get the object of his desire, or his desire or enjoyment is interrupted or threatened in some way, he will often lash out physically, emotionally, often with cruel name calling, physical hitting, crying, weeping and all the rest of it. That only strenghens my view that human beings are born into the world violent. Human beings race after desire with no regard to anyone around them, especially children. Children often have no regard for their parents when their wants and needs of pleasure, enjoyment, and other desires are not met.

The emotion anger is a precursor to violence, and it is programmed into the human psyche from birth, which is an indication that violence is business as usual as far as our natural biological conditioning is concerned.

So this talk of American culture causing violence is nonsense. Was the Genocide in Darfur caused by American Culture? no, it was caused by human nature. We need to stop externalizing our demons "out there' somewhere, when all our demons are within, within each of us.
mansman

Post by mansman »

What about the 11y.o. Brit boy who knocked up a teen girl, they had a baby i hear.
why isnt there more of this?
perhaps not posted out of family shame.....
- FOREIGNER