Inaug Obama

Post questions or suggestions here.
mansman

Inaug Obama

Post by mansman »

wtf, what nerve on those people, wtf is a representative of a religion (pastor rick warren) doing tf there mouthing off about some old testament jewish god, in fact calling out to him on behalf of those million of people there. What if the gd winner practiced hinduism or no religion at all? would he and his have to listen to that bull crap too?
No doubt BO was cringing in his seat with these overused practices and tradition, praying himself "dear God if you exist please allow me to make many rational changes to the way things work around here....these fugging people are nuts!"
Barack is far less a "believer" than anyone knows, much more an agnostic than anyone other than his wife knows!
There!.....did you see that, he didnt even want to repeat those made up words correctly!!
howda go Barack! "Who tf is it that thinks he has a right to tell me what to say!"
Christ, he obviously hasnt paid any attention in class, the one where hes supposed to learn what to say and when to say it up there.

Got togo now, missin what The Man is sayin.....

M
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Re: Inaug Obama

Post by mansman »

aha! what'I tell ya.....
"We are a nation.........of non-believers"

!!!!praise be to god!!!!
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

r u paying attention Nick?
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

I cant help but feel that one of the likes of Obama is mostly wasted on Americans, that they'll limit his vision far too much for his liking, may take him a while to realize it though.
Like throwing gems to dogs, who cant appreciate the opportunity.
Nevertheless he'll obviously inspire even the average citizen and together that will result in a significant improvement, eventually.
Just miles behind what he would accomplish had he say, been born to more rational people.

M,+
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

did you see ex-pres W...
"darn it, i dont know what-the-fugg that brownie is saying up there but it sure sounds good dont it?"
- FOREIGNER
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Great speech by Obama, I loved it. I wish him the very best. The task ahead of him is very difficult.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Problem of course will be how to keep him alive for 4 plus years, these idealistic types dont last long in the great USA, one way or the other they are always silenced or blocked.
Id advise security to expect the "asassin" from where they dont currently expect it, from someone or something in "the trusted" group gone sour or bought out. For instance, if the traditional method is attempted the "weapon" may end up being borrowed from someone on "our side" since its impossible to bring one close enough due to tight security. More difficult will be to win over a traitor, good time to inquire about Saddam's methods for ensuring his meals are A-ok.
Main problem I see is BO is too trusting, too caring, too willing to die at the moment.
The Universe has a way of filling voids, you know.

m
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Shahrazad wrote:Great speech by Obama, I loved it. I wish him the very best. The task ahead of him is very difficult.
Hi. Are you by chance that tall Buddist woman, who used to go by a similar name?
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

W Bush: "them dumb people think im dissatisfied and disappointed as things have gone and are progressing, not at all, for one a guy like Barack seems very much what the country needs right now and could be good for all in general, for two I accomplished exactly what I wanted to accomplish really laid into them terrorist Mussies in a big way set them back decades ("wrong, btw"ed) showed the world whos Boss and we're still in their hair and back yards with the opportunity to return whenever it becomes necessary. Thats really all I intended to accomplish, nothing domestic just to pulverize them Arabs at as little cost to us as possible, unfortunately it HAS been very costly in many ways but wtf we'll bounce back, besides i really could give a shit if a million of our headed-for-jail-otherwise soilder boys are now scarred wounded or dead, first no one forced them to join the military, second those loosers had no real future and I gave them a chance to be heroes. No, no regrests here, I could give a shit if history turns on me Ill always be the great leader of the victorious awesome American Force and no one can ever take that away from me."
- FOREIGNER
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

mansman,
Hi. Are you by chance that tall Buddist woman, who used to go by a similar name?
I think you're confused. Shahrazad was not Buddhist, but Muslim. She is the (fictitious) heroine of 1001 Arabic Nights.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Shahrazad wrote:mansman,
I think you're confused. Shahrazad was not Buddhist, but Muslim. She is the (fictitious) heroine of 1001 Arabic Nights.
I guess I am. So are you an American muslim, or living in some muslim country?
Have you ever seen her, i mean her posts, name was something like "Sharool" sounding.

OMG, The Man just stepped out of the Beast car!
Bad idea, goddam proud idiot!

M
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

So you must identify with that character, is that right.
Whats all that about?

I dont recall seeing that movie, is it an oldie, black and white?
Have you seen the one (as i best recall it) with the king or lord with 2 or 3 sons who fly off on their magic carpets to either find some great treasure or accomplish some great feat, best son gets perhaps the kingdom or somesuch valuable thing; been a long time but i very clearly remember feeling that "everyone should see this one"
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Shit- hes still out there walking around like a moving target, how irresponsible.
Doesnt appear he will last very long....

Isnt that so-called Beast machine totally useless for this kind of event, I cant beleive they didnt modify one of these caddys such that one could be better seen while riding within, a parade-mobile.

M
- FOREIGNER
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

mansman,
Whats all that about?
It's a long story, and I'm sure nobody in this forum wants to hear it. It may not have much to do with wisdom.
It's not a movie. It's a classical book/story.
Shit- hes still out there walking around like a moving target, how irresponsible.
I'm also pretty scared that he's going to get killed. It's happened to all other idealistic ones.
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

mansman wrote:Have you ever seen her, i mean her posts, name was something like "Sharool" sounding.
I think you mean Shardrol. She hasn't posted for a long time, which is a shame, because she writes very well.

Shardrol and Shahrazad (Sher to me, and to some others) are two distinct people. For a start, Shardrol is a Buddhist teacher living in the USA, whereas Shahrazad is a Spanish-English translator living in Panama.
mansman

Post by mansman »

guest_of_logic wrote:
mansman wrote:Have you ever seen her, i mean her posts, name was something like "Sharool" sounding.
I think you mean Shardrol. She hasn't posted for a long time, which is a shame, because she writes very well.

Shardrol and Shahrazad (Sher to me, and to some others) are two distinct people. For a start, Shardrol is a Buddhist teacher living in the USA, whereas Shahrazad is a Spanish-English translator living in Panama.
Well thank you for that, Guest, Im sure Id always be wondering if not for you.
And I dont care how you acquired the info either, its ok spill your guts about whoever you like as far as im concerned. You're under no obligation to keep such jucy facts secret, excepting perhaps last names, numbers, street addresses....
Im happy to see that you're not allowing anyone to bully you into silence- fuck'em I say. Sometimes the biggests loudmouths are the first to point the finger, dam hypocrites.

Soo.....what else do you care to share about list menbers. Far as I know there is no easy way for a newcomer to even find out what has already been revealed by any of the regulars.
Shardrol was pretty open about her life as I recall. I was merely observing in those days. And learning how to express myself.

So why didnt you just (after your forced break that is) politely request to rejoin discussions? Instead of this hiding shit. Have you lost all respect for the bosses.
If I may say so, you dont seem to suffer much about what people think when/if you make a bad impression. Am I right, you're not much concerned with being respected by your readers, not as before ?
Is it because you feel you've been somewhat disgraced so "why even bother"?
Are you still seeing Kevin Solway, or has he shown you the door too.

M
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Shahrazad wrote:mansman,
Whats all that about?
It's a long story, and I'm sure nobody in this forum wants to hear it. It may not have much to do with wisdom.
Well maybe at one time, but now nodoubt you've got many of us on the edge of our seats trembling in anticipation!
Come on now.
It's not a movie. It's a classical book/story.
opps
I'm also pretty scared that he's going to get killed. It's happened to all other idealistic ones.
Any idea who was the last to be assasinated, when, and their party, before the Kennedy years?

M
- FOREIGNER
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

mansman wrote:And I dont care how you acquired the info either, its ok spill your guts about whoever you like as far as im concerned. You're under no obligation to keep such jucy facts secret, excepting perhaps last names, numbers, street addresses....
I disagree. I wouldn't have shared that information had I not believed it to be public knowledge already, which I've just checked to confirm that it is. In this post, Sher makes her Panama identity clear (don't forget either that her avatar is a picture of the Panama canal). In this post she makes it clear that she is a Spanish-English translator. Shardrol discloses her location as the USA in her profile, and makes it clear that she identifies as a Buddhist in this post. The one thing that I haven't been able to find anywhere on this forum is her self-identification as a Buddhist teacher, so now there's some doubt in my mind as to whether I should have made reference to that. Shardrol, if you feel that I've breached your privacy in that regard, then I sincerely apologise.

Anyway, now that I know that you have no regard for other people's privacy, mansman - with very few exceptions - then I will be sure to avoid private communication with you.
mansman wrote:Soo.....what else do you care to share about list menbers.
Nothing that isn't already publicly known, unless I otherwise have their permission to share it. What do you want to know?

I don't want to answer the rest of the questions that you raised in your post, except for one, because as I made clear in the thread where my identity was revealed, I'm not interested in discussing the motivations and justifications of my approach.
mansman wrote:Are you still seeing Kevin Solway, or has he shown you the door too.
Kevin and I are still on good terms personally. Our public philosophical disagreements don't affect our friendly neighbourly relations (I assume that you already know, but in case you don't: Kevin and I are literally neighbours in the real world, as in our houses are adjacent to one another). I'm not sure whether he has yet read/heard the news that guest_of_logic==Laird, but I don't expect it to affect our personal relationship any more than him supporting David in banning me the first time around caused any problems in our personal relationship. We're each willing to tolerate what we perceive as one another's flaws, and to focus instead on our commonalities (which is not to say that we never have intense debates in person).
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

mansman wrote:I cant help but feel that one of the likes of Obama is mostly wasted on Americans, that they'll limit his vision far too much for his liking, may take him a while to realize it though.
Which country are you from? And which people do you think would appreciate Obama better?
Forethought Venus Wednesday
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

mansman wrote:There!.....did you see that, he didnt even want to repeat those made up words correctly!!
howda go Barack! "Who tf is it that thinks he has a right to tell me what to say!"
Actually, the guy "reading" the words off the paper (Chief Justice John Roberts) messed up. Obama caught that. They re-did the oath of office in private just to make sure of something-or-other. Yup, that's an example of how government works, worry about details like that, but don't even bother to read the PATRIOT Act before passing it.
guest_of_logic wrote:The one thing that I haven't been able to find anywhere on this forum is her self-identification as a Buddhist teacher,
Isn't that inherent in being a Buddhist? Kind of like how all Mormon men are called priests? - um nevermind - answer me by pm if you want - no need to derail another thread. We have enough of them that went from being about a general topic to being about you, and I suspect that you don't want more of that.
vicdan wrote:Which country are you from? And which people do you think would appreciate Obama better?
Thanks for getting this back on track Victor.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Hello Vic.
vicdan wrote:
mansman wrote:I cant help but feel that one of the likes of Obama is mostly wasted on Americans, that they'll limit his vision far too much for his liking, may take him a while to realize it though.
Which country are you from? And which people do you think would appreciate Obama better?
Presently in the states originally eastern europe.
Anyone who's awakened to the fact that we're all citizens of the same tiny nation, Earth.
M
- FOREIGNER
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

mansman wrote:Presently in the states originally eastern europe.
Anyone who's awakened to the fact that we're all citizens of the same tiny nation, Earth.
Interesting. I am originally from Ukraine, you see. One thing i noticed is that in the former USSR, some hate USA and some admire it, but of the latter, many still disdain the american people even as they admire our economic and political institutions. There is a widespread perception that americans are all obese, dumb, ignorant, etc. -- pigs in human clothes. One can only wonder how those people reconcile this view of the american populace with the reality of America's geopolitical, economic, scientific, and cultural stature.

The statement that we here in USA don't deserve Obama, that he is wasted on us, seems to reflect that sort of sentiment. Hypothetically, it could also reflect the attitude that those countries simply need structural political change so much more than we do.

I've been reading some russian press, and one author -- an amerophile -- was sharing his perception of the inauguration (the link is in case you read russian, it's a rather interesting article). What impressed him the most was the very fact of the peaceful transfer of power from one democratically elected government to the other. When looking at the TV, he saw a nation respectful of its traditions, a people unafraid to embrace their freedom, and he was desperately desirous of that.

However, you spoke of americans as being the less rational people, so it looks to me like you are simply indulging the naive, jealousy-laden stereotypes so popular in many countries which, like Russia, are gripped by a national inferiority complex.

Not very rational of you, is it?

Or am I misinterpreting your words? Because I would love to know how you think i should have interpreted them.
mansman

Post by mansman »

Well did you see what happened to the president's proposal in the House of Representatives, im sure you're aware. After all the unprecedented ass-kissing Obama performed on these Republican Reps, what happened to his very first idea, one which he even reluctantly modified to suite them? One that he firmly believes is essential to practically save the nation from bankruptcy.
EVERY ONE OF THEM VOTED AGAINST PASSAGE, every one, even while 95% or so of the House's Democratic party Reps voted it through.

Keep in mind that it was Republican ideas and ways that got the country into this mess in the first place, and that NO Bush or republican ideas had managed to restore It preceding Obama's term. So surely no repub ideas or ways could be worth a damn at this time, either.
As you can see by the presidents popularity numbers the people understand this too.
So while the nation essentially insists to give this new president one chance to finally try HIS WAY, every single republican congressman and woman from every state in the union is doing everything he or she can to essentially thwart the will of their very own people as well as that of the president.
So then, can you now figure out WHO are these that the likes of Obama are "wasted on"?

M
- FOREIGNER
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

mansman wrote:Well did you see what happened to the president's proposal in the House of Representatives, im sure you're aware. After all the unprecedented ass-kissing Obama performed on these Republican Reps, what happened to his very first idea, one which he even reluctantly modified to suite them? One that he firmly believes is essential to practically save the nation from bankruptcy.
EVERY ONE OF THEM VOTED AGAINST PASSAGE, every one, even while 95% or so of the House's Democratic party Reps voted it through.
How does that make americans a less rational people? Do tell me. Or do you think that americans have a lock on stupidity?
So while the nation essentially insists to give this new president one chance to finally try HIS WAY, every single republican congressman and woman from every state in the union is doing everything he or she can to essentially thwart the will of their very own people as well as that of the president.
So then, can you now figure out WHO are these that the likes of Obama are "wasted on"?
Sorry, I am one of them 'less rational' americans. You will have to explain it to me in small words. Do try to valiantly restrain your sesquipedalian tendencies (where by 'sequipedalian' I mean having the number of syllables falling on the 'many' side of our less-rational american 'one, two, many' counting scheme). In return, I will endeavor to ignore the passage where you had said that "the likes of Obama is mostly wasted on Americans", so as to give you a chance to come up with a suitably deceptive reinterpretation of your words.
mansman

Post by mansman »

vicdan wrote:
mansman wrote:Well did you see what happened to the president's proposal in the House of Representatives, im sure you're aware. After all the unprecedented ass-kissing Obama performed on these Republican Reps, what happened to his very first idea, one which he even reluctantly modified to suite them? One that he firmly believes is essential to practically save the nation from bankruptcy.
How does that make americans a less rational people? Do tell me. Or do you think that americans have a lock on stupidity?
Sorry, I am one of them 'less rational' americans. You will have to explain it to me in small words. Do try to valiantly restrain your sesquipedalian tendencies (where by 'sequipedalian' I mean having the number of syllables falling on the 'many' side of our less-rational american 'one, two, many' counting scheme). In return, I will endeavor to ignore the passage where you had said that "the likes of Obama is mostly wasted on Americans", so as to give you a chance to come up with a suitably deceptive reinterpretation of your words.
Vic, Im not quite sure what else I can offer you. There is no "proof" that Obama is wiser than most Americans and possibly ALL republicans, but it is easy to see if one has the eyes to see it. There is no proof that Obama is a better president better leader better politician better human being better thinker better husband better father better friend better-just-about-everything than little Bush or big Bush or you or anyone who thinks like you-- but nevertheless he IS!
Damn I wish you could really learn something here, have a small break-through then a medium break-through followed by a few large breakthroughs and then finally a mind-blowing life changing breakthrough after which you would never be the same.
But you're (ego is) just having too much fun as it is, and you apparently haven't suffered enough yet.
One needs to really hate the animal within in order to become human, and you have an opportunity here and now unlike anything that's been available to mankind ever before.

If ever a day comes that you get a fleeting glimpse of Nature's most wonderful surprise gift, nothing else will ever matter to you, all other endeavours will be as nothing in comparison. You would have discovered why you were born.

M
- FOREIGNER