Police State

Post questions or suggestions here.
Dan Rowden

Re: Police State

Post by Dan Rowden »

Police can claim to have probable cause at the time, but if they didn't, it won't necessarily go well for them in court. Of course, you've already been fucked over by then, but it's something - unless you get a prick as the magistrate.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Ignius,

Elizabeth's post did answer your question. Read it again, all of it.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

"Love" the Safe Home Initiative from the Bush regime in 2008:

article from Boston

YouTube vid from Washington DC where the ACLU and ACORN (remember the flak Obama was getting about being associated with them?) are educating residents that they don't have to let the police in without a warrant. Most of the vid can be skipped - once you get bored at the begining, skip ahead to the last 30 seconds.

One more way the police & government try to circumvent the Constitution.
Elizabeth Isabelle

YouTube vids:

health inspector defiantly trespasses on property, and police refuse to stop her. In fact, police argue why the man should consent to allowing his property to be searched without a warrant.

Police bust children's slumber party, go into the house, go upstairs, shine flashlights in the father's face, pound on his bedroom walls, and shout at him at 3 a.m. to notify him that his garage door was open. Apparently, the man then got a lot of flak for not being grateful to the police.

Police intimidation seems to happen in AUS too, but this guy knows his rights, and the police actually go away after verifying the law with their supervisor on the phone.

Ha - I knew there was enough of this stuff to justify its own thread - but it seems that someone else has proven there is enough about this to justify its own message board.

- excuse me please, I'll probably be busy for awhile ;)
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:
Police intimidation seems to happen in AUS too, but this guy knows his rights, and the police actually go away after verifying the law with their supervisor on the phone.

When I lived in the states I was asked a few times if I was Texan.Strange.
Tomas

Bill creates detention camps in U.S. for 'emergencies'

Post by Tomas »

Sweeping, undefined purpose raises worries about military police state

Rep. Alcee L. Hastings, D-Fla., has introduced to the House of Representatives a new bill, H.R. 645, calling for the secretary of homeland security to establish no fewer than six national emergency centers for corralling civilians on military installations.

The bill also appears to expand the president's emergency power...

"If Sarah Palin isn't enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well better pay attention," Hastings said, as reported by ABC News. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don't care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think it through." (see photo)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=87757
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ataraxia wrote:Not having a go at you Elizabeth but I found it intriguing that you thought those protaginsts were Australian.The cameraman in particular has a very thick British accent(probably northern)
Really? At first I thought British, but the guy said "mate" a bunch of times. I thought that was an Australian-only term. The two accents do sound the same to me though.
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

It is very commonly used in England as well.That is where it originated from as far as I know;as in ship(mate).

It is probably the most versatile word in the Australian English language after fuck. :D
guest_of_logic

Post by guest_of_logic »

Yeah, it can have very different meanings: "Brad is my best mate" vs "Go fuck yourself, mate".
Tomas

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

Post by Tomas »

PHILADELPHIA - Two judges pleaded guilty on Thursday to accepting more than $2.6 million from a private youth detention center in Pennsylvania in return for giving hundreds of youths and teenagers long sentences.

"That judges would allow their greed to trump the rights of defendants is just obscene," Levick said.

The judges attempted to hide their income from the scheme by creating false records and routing payments through intermediaries, prosecutors said.

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... B320090212
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Surveillance cams help fight crime

Post by Tomas »

Surveillance cams help fight crime

Mayor Daley has argued that security and terrorism won't be an issue if his Olympic dreams come true, by 2016, there will be a surveillance camera on every street corner in Chicago.

But even before that blanket coverage begins, the "Big Brother" network is being put to better use.

-see video-

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1 ... as.article
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Cop raped me when I was drunk

Post by Tomas »

Cop raped me when I was drunk

NYPD Internal Affairs investigators searched both cops' lockers and found one packet of heroin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... _vill.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Tearful ex-Atlanta cops apologize for killing

Post by Tomas »

Tearful ex-Atlanta cops apologize for killing

Three disgraced and tearful former Atlanta cops apologized Monday for the botched drug raid that left terrified 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston shot dead by police bullets.

On November 21, 2006, Smith falsified an affidavit to obtain a no-knock search warrant allowing narcotics officers to batter down Johnston's door. Apparently thinking she was being invaded, Johnston fired a shot from an old rusty revolver through the door. Officers responded with 39 rounds. Five or six struck and killed her.

Smith said his moral compass failed when he began to think "drug dealers were no longer human."

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... ncing.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Missouri police given chilling instructions

Post by Tomas »

Missouri police given chilling instructions

-snips-

The Missouri Information Analysis Center (a division of the state police) has compiled an enemies list of warning signs for state police officers, signs that are supposed to help them determine potential terrorists.

Who is being targeted in this report? The state police are warned that Christians, "sovereign citizens", those opposed to abortion, tax revisionists, and anti-illegal immigration advocates are potential would-be terrorists.

Oh, and you better not fly your flag upside down; that was given as another example of something a terrorist would do.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 ... lling.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Dismantling the Killer Elite

Post by Tomas »

Dismantling the Killer Elite

Victim of the "007 Standard": Vicky Weaver, before she was murdered by Horiuchi.

-see photo of Vicky-

http://www.lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w86.html
Don't run to your death
DHodges

Re: Missouri police given chilling instructions

Post by DHodges »

Tomas wrote:Who is being targeted in this report? The state police are warned that Christians, "sovereign citizens", those opposed to abortion, tax revisionists, and anti-illegal immigration advocates are potential would-be terrorists.
Can't imagine why anyone would think "Christians" might be a dangerous group...
Tomas

Philadelphia: Drug raids gone bad

Post by Tomas »

Drug raids gone bad

Philadelphia: Shopkeepers say plainclothes cops barged in, looted stores & stole cash

Then, with guns drawn, they did something bizarre: They smashed two surveillance cameras with a metal rod, said store owners David and Eunice Nam.

During the raid, Vargas said, Cujdik and fellow squad members confiscated $700 in phone-card money that he kept in a cigar box, $1,500 in a bag to pay vendors, $200 in the cash register and $1,400 from his pocket to pay the mortgage - totalling $3,800. The police property receipt that the officers filed, however, reports that only $1,456 was seized.

Another shopkeeper says this is how cops left a cash register after they raided his South Philly tobacco shop in 2007. The owner says cops took about $14,000 from the store but recorded only $7,888 on the police property receipt.

many photos

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_up ... ?viewAll=y
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Seeds: How to Criminalize Them

Post by Tomas »

Seeds: How to Criminalize Them

"Food Safety and Modernization Act"

There are three other items of the list which surely will be controlled as well:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/cohen-co ... ar09.shtml
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The Police State is here and now, it's not in the future. Most people are unaware of this, and actually, subconsciously, prefer slavery to freedom. That's how good the marketing has been.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Carl G wrote:The Police State is here and now, it's not in the future. Most people are unaware of this, and actually, subconsciously, prefer slavery to freedom. That's how good the marketing has been.
The Moats story only got attention because he is an athlete. Police do this shit routinely. It's not just black people who get reamed, either. It is anyone that a cop feels he can get away with doing it to. Moats was not the first guy who had his "attitude" checked by this asshole, and this asshole cop is not the only one on that or any force who pulls this kind of crap. Since when does a citizen have to answer to the state about what sort of attitude he has?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Carl G wrote:The Police State is here and now, it's not in the future. Most people are unaware of this, and actually, subconsciously, prefer slavery to freedom. That's how good the marketing has been.
Is this why you attended Woodstock? You were, and still are, a slave?
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Walking home near the G20, a guy gets hit in the legs with a baton and shoved down by police. Minutes later the guy dies of a heart attack.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Is it illegal to own a gun shaped belt buckle in the United States?
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

I can understand them mistaking a belt buckle for a gun (because that's about how smart your average cop is) but how the hell do they justify confiscating it?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

To protect the guy from getting shot at by someone who thinks he's carrying and pointing a gun?