Police State

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tomas

JFK: His Apotheosis and the Men Who Murdered Him

Post by Tomas »

JFK: His Apotheosis and the Men Who Murdered Him

His 'presidency' was cut short by murder. Nevertheless, JFK had grown increasingly disillusioned by the CIA and the US Military-Industrial Complex, commonly called the MIC. That JFK's 'awakening' was among the major motives for his murder is the subject of a new book by James Douglass, JFK'S Conversion From War

Following is an account of the last day of a man who was arguably the last legitimate President of the United States.

Read here >> http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voi ... -who-murde
Don't run to your death
Beingof1

Re: Police State

Post by Beingof1 »

Where I now live they are flying over night and day with tankers spraying chem trails. You may ask: " how do you know they are chemicals"?

I would reply: " look at the reflection off the clouds they create when sprayed." Glistening reflections, like mirrors, in clouds? How about the ring around the sun and moon after they spray?

To say nothing of the tests that have been done, aluminum and barium and lots of other nice stuff.

How many of you have had someone you know die in the past year?

Wakey wakey
Tomas

Police State

Post by Tomas »

Cops you won't see on TV's COPS >> http://www.unknownnews.org/cops.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

D.I.M.E. BOMBS (see images)

Post by Tomas »

D.I.M.E. BOMBS: Closer to Fallujua's Puzzle

DIME Bomb for Perfect Crowd Control (see images)

Voila! No crowd. >> http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10/30 ... 99s-puzzle
Don't run to your death
Tomas

TSA Lies About the Scanner Radiation Dose

Post by Tomas »

TSA Lies About the Scanner Radiation Dose

Invasion of the Body Scanners:
Airport Security May Not Work, But It Does Cause Cancer

It's 20 times worse than they say, and is known to cause cancer >> http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/ridgeway1.1.1.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Genetically Modified Mosquitos

Post by Tomas »

Is the CIA spreading disease in your neighborhood?

It's happened before, to American civilians.

Article by Brandon Turberville

Genetically Modified Mosquitos >> http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/turberville1.1.1.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

TOP SECRET AMERICA

Post by Tomas »

TOP SECRET AMERICA

A hidden world, growing beyond control >> http://projects.washingtonpost.com/top- ... nd-control
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Pilot's concealed weapons permit revoked after he posted youtube video about how groundcrew working on planes only have to swipe a badge for clearance while pilots are subject to invasive searches.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Between Suicides
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Tomas

Death of the Fourth Amendment

Post by Tomas »

The Changing Face of the Police and the Death of the Fourth Amendment

8-1 ruling

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the lone voice of dissent among the justices, remarked, "How 'secure' do our homes remain if police, armed with no warrant, can pound on doors at will and ... forcibly enter?"

"Writs of Assistance" >> http://lewrockwell.com/whitehead/whitehead31.1.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

SWAT Team Burn Innocent Man To Death

Post by Tomas »

SWAT Team Burn Innocent Man To Death

They were expecting for him [Rogelio Serrato] to run out of the house, instead he came out carried in a body bag, killed by the grenade.

...now a young father is killed...

Photos http://www.policebrutality.info/2011/08 ... death.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

(Drunk) NYPD Cop Raped Teacher

Post by Tomas »

(Drunk) NYPD Cop Arrested, Accused of Raping Woman

He then showed her his gun in his waistband, put his arm around her, saying "you are coming with me," and took her to an alley, police said.

Mugshot and story
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/128086918.html
Don't run to your death
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

That's no worse than wishing a innocent person to have your disease.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Kunga wrote:That's no worse than wishing a innocent person to have your disease.
Tomas wished Alzheimer's on somebody...?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

School forces raped girl to apologize to attacker

Who knew repeated rapes perpetrated on a special needs child could be affectionate?
http://rt.com/news/school-rape-missouri-republic-324
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

PBS asks "Are we becoming a police state? Five things that have civil liberties advocates nervous"

The major part of the story reads:
Here are five issues that are especially worrisome to civil liberties watchdogs:

1. Indefinite military detentions of U.S. citizens

The provision, part of the bill that authorizes Pentagon spending for 2012, was drafted by Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan and Sen. John McCain of Arizona, and has bipartisan support in the Senate. The thinking, according to supporters, is that “America is part of the battlefield” in the so-called war on terror, as Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire put it, so Americans should be fair game when it comes to finding and arresting terrorists.

The bill, however, takes the power to arrest and detain terrorists away from law enforcement officials, like the police or FBI, and gives it to the military, which, under the law, would have the power to imprison an American who “substantially supports” Al Qaeda, the Taliban or “associated forces” indefinitely, “without trial until the end of the hostilities.” And those hostilities aren’t likely to “end” any time soon, since the law that authorizes the use of military force against terrorists has no expiration date.

2. Targeting U.S. citizens for killing

Last week, lawyers for the Obama administration defended for the first time the administration’s decision to target radical Yemeni cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen, for killing. Awlawki, who was born in New Mexico, was killed in an American missile strike in September; the ACLU has criticized the targeted killing program as blatantly violating the Fifth Amendment, which guarantees that no American citizen shall “be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”

At a national security conference last week, the lawyers for the Obama administration, CIA counsel Stephen Preston and Pentagon counsel Jeh Johnson, said American citizens are legitimate targets for killing when they take up arms against the U.S., according to the Associated Press. Jameel Jaffer, a deputy legal director for the ACLU, said in an interview in September that the targeted killing program sets up a precedent in which “U.S. citizens far from any battlefield can be executed by their own government.”

3. Arresting witnesses for recording police actions

The raids at Occupy Wall Street encampments across the country have earned media attention primarily for their glaring instances of police brutality. But they’ve also tested the boundaries of police authority when it comes to limiting media access to police operations. As many as 30 journalists have been arrested covering Occupy protests, including many who clearly identified themselves as credentialed members of the media. Officials in New York and L.A., for example, have also tried to tightly restrict media access to the Occupy encampments, setting up barricades far away from the actual raids and allowing only hand-picked journalists to go behind police lines.

Civil liberties advocates have decried these tactics as attempts to stifle media coverage of the raids. But the media blackouts are representative of a broader trend in law enforcement in recent years in which the police have been arresting citizens simply for recording official police actions in public places. Twelve states, for example, have adopted “eavesdropping” laws that prohibit people from videotaping police actions without the officers’ consent. And in California, police officials have openly stated that they will arrest people taking photographs without “apparent esthetic value” if those people seem suspicious. Several courts have ruled these policies unconstitutional.

4. Using GPS to track your every move

The Supreme Court is scheduled to rule soon on a case that could have far-reaching consequences for privacy in the 21st Century. The justices were asked to decide whether the police could use GPS devices to track people suspected of crimes without first obtaining a warrant. Police across the country use GPS devices to track the movements of thousands of criminal suspects every year, but critics say the practice violates the Fourth Amendment prohibition against “unreasonable searches and seizures.”

In oral arguments in November, several justices expressed concern that, as technology improves, the power to track a U.S. citizens’ every move would only become more dangerous. “If you win this case, then there is nothing to prevent the police or the government from monitoring 24 hours a day the public movement of every citizen of the United States,” Justice Stephen Breyer told the lawyer for the Justice Department, which is defending warrantless GPS tracking. That, Breyer added, “sounds like ’1984.’”

5. Surveillance drones spying on American soil

The use of drones to spy on states like Pakistan and Iran has become so popular in national security circles that many domestic law enforcement agencies are now considering using these spy planes to conduct covert surveillance on American soil. Drones are already used to patrol the U.S.-Mexico border, but now many police officials across the country are advocating for the use of drones in other types of police actions, like hunting fugitives, finding missing children and monitoring protest movements.

These drones, advocates note, can not only monitor large urban expanses, they can also use artificial intelligence “seek out and record certain types of suspicious behavior,” whatever that may be. The Orlando police, for example, initially requested two spy drones to help police the Republican National Convention next year, before changing their minds for budgetary reasons. Some police officials have even openly discussed arming the spy planes with “non-lethal weapons” like Tasers or bean bag guns.

These drones, and other tactics imported from battlefield to American soil, are an example of how the “war on terror” has threatened core protections guaranteed to American citizens by the Constitution, civil liberties advocates say. The erosion of these protections has been supported by both Democrats and Republicans alike. And, as the ACLU put it, the debate over these tactics “goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans.”
I scooped PBS by 3 years to the month. Reporters would do well to start reading posts by philosophers.

cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

A couple of these points are especially bothersome when taken together. Authorities routinely subpoena private surveillance media and co-opt them for their own use to incriminate, yet police think nothing of confiscating individual cell phones or cameras if they think their own actions are being recorded. Why should a private citizen require press credentials to photograph or take a video of Occupy events, or anything else that transpires in public? I dare anyone to pull out his camera or iPhone to get footage of the patrolman the next time he gets pulled over for speeding.
Elizabeth Isabelle

True cousinbasil - and these things are more disturbing still in light of the 1033 Program which offers free military equipment to local police, then pressures them to use the military equipment rather than stockpile it for possible future use. In other words, if you want some riot gear in case there is ever a riot, you had better find a riot soon after getting the gear.

1033 is expanding at a record pace, which concerns me especially because of how the military budget is growing. The military can buy all of this war stuff and just give it to local police to use against our own citizens.

The Occupy protestors are a safer target than any other because we are unarmed and generally peaceful. They get to use their equipment to satisfy the conditions of having military equipment without actually having to do anything dangerous. Gunshots get regularly ignored in my current neighborhood, but the police are out in full force to do things like tell people one set of rules (stay on this side of the line) only to change the rules (stay on that side of the line) and enforce those rules to the max (lie telling me to move my arm because it had crossed to the other side of the line).

And other anecdotal incidents mount up. I will never use Progressive insurance again unless it turns out that there is a new law requiring your insurance company to turn you in to the state if you cancel your insurance. My car engine seized, and the car had to be sold for scrap - so I cancelled my insurance. A couple of months later I got a letter in the mail from the state explaining that my driver's license is about to be suspended unless I get insurance or explain why I don't have insurance if I have a valid reason. Progressive confirmed that they were the ones that turned me in despite that I told them that my car was sold for scrap, I called the state and explained about the engine seizing and the car being sold for scrap, and now they want me to write them a letter and fax it to them, stating the same thing.

Next question is, is there a law requiring any insurance company to turn customers in to the state when they cancel insurance for any reason, do they get a bonus from the state for doing so, or is it just Progressive's little way of taking revenge if you cancel your policy with them? Unless this is Progressive's little way of being vindictive, this is another step bringing us closer to the conditions of Nazi Germany. Not good.
cousinbasil

Post by cousinbasil »

Elizabeth wrote:I will never use Progressive insurance again unless it turns out that there is a new law requiring your insurance company to turn you in to the state if you cancel your insurance.
I would never use Progressive simply because of their inane spokeswoman Flo or whatever her name is.

But there's something I don't understand. Since when do you need insurance to have a driver's license? Many people maintain their driver's license just because it is their right - and it is useful ID if nothing else. In major cities, for example, it is common to have a license but no car. Why would a New Yorker carry auto insurance if he had no car?
...the police are out in full force to do things like tell people one set of rules (stay on this side of the line) only to change the rules (stay on that side of the line) and enforce those rules to the max (lie telling me to move my arm because it had crossed to the other side of the line).
Where I live the police are bullies. It is very common to see a car pulled over just past an intersection surrounded by three cop cars with lights flashing. It is sheer intimidation. They have nothing better to do than gang up on someone who has tried to beat out a light.

I have noticed in the news that there seems to be a prevailing method the authorities use against the various Occupy factions. They protesters are told to move by a certain day or face arrest. Some of them will leave, other stay. Then the remaining ones are given another ultimatum, but no movement is made against them. Several deadlines are passed, lulling them into complacency. All at once, the police descend in what is a well rehearsed effort to get the occupiers walking, then gradually arrest stragglers or resisters until they are chased away like rats.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

“Florida’s no-fault insurance law requires vehicle owners to carry at least $10,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000 Property Damage Liability (PDL). All licensed insurance companies electronically report to DHSMV when policies providing PIP coverage are cancelled or taken out, so most of the time, owners do not need to notify the Department at all.”
- DHSMV

When you sell the car for scrap you have to surrender the plates and registration to the state to prevent fraud. There are probably forms to fill out that require the VIN.

In the U.S., if Obamacare is not ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, health insurance will only be required if you have a body. VIN tattoos to follow.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Thanks for letting me know that it is a Florida law now that all insurance companies must rat-fink out their customers.

Youtube video showing Occupy protestors being covered with a tent by police, some kind of gas used, and 10 minutes later the tent being taken down and the protestors are just - gone.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Well technically, if you cancel your insurance you are no longer a customer.

And since other companies also report insurance activity to the state, then your reason for not being a future customer of Progressive lies in the logic that Progressive is doing what every other company does.

I don’t know if Florida law requires an insurance company to report insurance activity to the state. As far as I could tell, the above quote and link doesn’t mention a law, but then again I have only a passing interest and didn’t spend much energy on the question.

If it’s not a law then there would have to be another reason for companies to voluntarily jump through those hoops. Without any evidence whatsoever, I could think of at least one motive.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Youtube video showing Occupy protestors being covered with a tent by police, some kind of gas used, and 10 minutes later the tent being taken down and the protestors are just - gone.
Obama set up Occupy for a couple reasons.

1. To practice surveillance leading up to the Democratic Convention. It is gonna be a raucous one. Much like 1968 Chicago. Obama demanded and signed the 2012 Indefinite Detention martial law bill. Nobody wanted it, but here we are................

2. To provide cover for other benign Occupy sites, such as Orlando, Fla. The person who signed the permit for Occupy Orlando is HAMAS/CAIR affiliated. He signed the permit for another Occupy city. It is designed to bring Islam's Sharia law to the forefront in the US.

Life has unintended consequences for the unwary.
Don't run to your death