Should Alzhiemer sufferers be euthanized?

Post questions or suggestions here.
deathnotewithurname

Should Alzhiemer sufferers be euthanized?

Post by deathnotewithurname »

Yes.
It is what it is.size]
Tomas

Should Alzheimer sufferers be shot?

Post by Tomas »

deathnotewithurname wrote:Yes.
Considering you cannot spell "Alzheimer" correctly, you go to the front of the line .. firing squad okay with you?

PS - Don't worry about the cat, the pit bulls get first dibs.

Don't run to your death
deathnotewithurname

Re: Should Alzhiemer sufferers be euthanized?

Considering you cannot spell "Alzheimer" correctly, you go to the front of the line .. firing squad okay with you?
Very cute. Well now that you've shown your skill at slinging mud, maybe you'd like to test your skills at watermelon seed spitting.

I say yes to this question because it's common sense, and if anyone doesn't think so, than they at can at least offer a rebuttal along with the slander. If you really stopped to think about it, RATIONALIZE the complete situation, you would understand. So, let me offer you my breakdown of the situation.

I know that on those long Greyhound bus trips, a person will suddenly awaken, and make a quick check of themselves for drool. Generally, unless you have Down's Syndrome, people don't walk around drooling.

I want to meet the person who really honestly pledges that the most anticipated peak of their lives, and the culmination of their whole life's endeavors, would be sitting in a wheelchair in your nursing home with your diaper full, afraid. Quick question; Have you seen those labs videos of animals under intense stress for long periods of time?

Some of these people, are being abused or being abusive themselves, possibly with nurses qualified from some random ass catalog that came with the Sunday paper. Not all of course, but enough to get the nation's attention. And whilst flinging feces at attendants, masturbating in public, or wandering off into the wilderness, they are lost in a daze of times past. Not knowing where they are, their own sons or daughters names, and sometimes where they are at.

If you have ever sat and actually spent REAL time with a person with Alzheimer's, not the "Oh, this is so sad! Let's wipe the poor dear's mouth and try to see how many of us he/she remembers!", I'm talking about just sit and ask them what's going on with them. Now, you don't have to wait for that stupid show on Lifetime where people talk about their near death experience, you get a live broadcast!

But wait, am I actually FOR the systematic slaughter of a certain population of the human race? You bet your sweet a$$ I am! Unlike little Cancer Kid, or Retarded Dude working in a Warehouse, who at least know the correct day and time, these people's minds are slowly deteriorating. Like, "MDMA EFFECTS ON BRAIN...SUPER FF STYLE!", with more holes than O.J. Simpson's alibi.

And we do give them is love? All we can do is love them? This is outright cruelty in its purest form. We would shoot a horse with a broken leg, and have dogs put down for less than that, simply because there wasn't enough room to "love" them. I understand they are people with feelings, they might have a "good day", and be able to acknowledge the attention, so what I say could be offensive. But, for the sake of the very truth you claim to seek, embrace, share and love, realize that Alzheimer's does not come like a thief in the night!

You would know when you suddenly started forgetting important things. You, your doctor, your family all see the thing coming. Sometimes I wonder if procrastination comes into play once that diagnosis is given to the family, or maybe before getting the diagnosis because you know what it is. Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only f**king yourself.

Yes, one day there MAY be a cure, but not in the 2-4 years the doctor gave you left to live. I'm not saying march them off as soon as they get their sick stamp, I'm just saying these people can make plans. A living will is what I think they are called, although the way people sign those DNR forms all willy-nilly like is amusing.

Sidenote: If indeed people procrastinate in even making plans once their own death becomes imminent, does that mean that suicide is in fact not an act of cowardice?

Senseless, needless pain and thousands of dollars just to be able to "love" the moldering, decomposing shell of a loved one, while they are on the best acid trip ever. Freedom isn't free, and it hurts to pay. Why, infringe on a person's right to not live like that, when you cry foul under the first amendment when your forum post is flagged? Decriminalize drugs. The government should be able to tell a person what they can or can't do with their own body, especially if it does no harm to anyone else right?

Hypocrites.

By the way, I noticed that talking sh*t really distracts you...might wanna grab some toilet paper bro, kinda leaking right there.
Last edited by deathnotewithurname on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is what it is.size]
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I have Alzheimer's and no, you cannot euthanize me. I enjoy life just as much as everybody else.
deathnotewithurname

Shahrazad wrote:I have Alzheimer's and no, you cannot euthanize me. I enjoy life just as much as everybody else.
And I say that is wonderful. Enjoy the rest of your life, give something back or take it all in, just as long as you really accept the fact that your living on borrowed time. At some point, you will lose touch with what is currently going on, and finding yourself slipping out into the mental version of what I like to call "Hammer Space".

Would you really make your loved ones suffer through you not knowing who they are?
Would you still be enjoying life 2 years from now, reliving today, but in that day fighting with your nurse because they are trying to give you a bath?
You would be proud to say you only had to have your diaper changed 3 times that day?
I don't think so.
It is what it is.size]
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

It was in the news recent weeks that Alzheimer appearance had significant correlations with the following 'risk' factors:

- being single
- depression
- obesity

Or perhaps it's just the lack of healthy mental stimulation or challenges?

Another article I saw was about the chance of elderly people dying earlier when caretakers would talk childish to them. Which is indeed horrible to do and way to common in my opinion, dear little reader.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Shahrazad wrote:I have Alzheimer's and no, you cannot euthanize me. I enjoy life just as much as everybody else.
Shah - you keep saying that you have Alzheimer's. You are joking, right?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

No, I think I am in the initial stages. I have all the symptoms.

If I have it, I'm the youngest person in Panama to ever get it. Heck, even my parents are too young for Alzheimer's, and my grandma's memory and mental faculties in general, are functioning at 100%.

I read an article not too long ago that said that people with ADHD are at a high risk of Alzheimer's. I have ADHD.
Diebert van Rhijn

Sounds like symptoms of hypochondria, or cyberchondria.

And that could be a side-effect of a depression, probably a chronic, long-running one lurking under a medicated surface.

Then again, online diagnosis sucks! You're just getting older like all of us :)
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Getting older is pretty normal, but being in much worse mental shape than your grandma is a little scary.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Go to a physician or, if no joy there, a dietitian.

Exercise pumps oxygen to the brain; keeps the neural pathways open. Get checked out, though, for any potential/existing cardiovascular problems.
Between Suicides
Diebert van Rhijn

Shahrazad wrote:Getting older is pretty normal, but being in much worse mental shape than your grandma is a little scary.
You could have a remarkable grandma, of course. I had a good friend of 80+ years old, also a grandmother, who was brighter than anyone else I ever met so far. But it's indeed better to get a proper diagnosis on it, in case there's a whole other cause. Or perhaps your brain is getting fried with kundalini enlightenment, who knows. You are after all, hanging out close to fire. Ahummmm.
Tomas

Should Alzheimer sufferers be shot?

Post by Tomas »

-tomas earlier-

-sweetie-
Very cute. Well now that you've shown your skill at slinging mud, maybe you'd like to test your skills at watermelon seed spitting.

-tomas-
Hey darlin', grew up in North Dakota, all kinda spittin' contests at the county fairs..

-sweetie-
I say yes to this question because it's common sense, and if anyone doesn't think so, than they at can at least offer a rebuttal along with the slander. If you really stopped to think about it, RATIONALIZE the complete situation, you would understand. So, let me offer you my breakdown of the situation.

-tomas-
Whoa there, sweetie! Drop that spliffy and go straight for a few .. moments.

-sweetie-
I know that on those long Greyhound bus trips, a person will suddenly awaken, and make a quick check of themselves for drool. Generally, unless you have Down's Syndrome, people don't walk around drooling.

-tomas-
Go here:
Cerebral Dystrophy
Difficulty swallowing - MayoClinic.com
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diffic ... ng/DS00523

My girlfriend (of 40+ years) is one-of-three triplets, one of them died of cerebral dystrophy at age-19, another sister at birth, and another at age-3. The other triplet is doing fine, what I'm saying it is an inherited "disease" if you will. One of our offspring .. has this inherited disease, he has his good/bad days in all of this-whatever .. And, with a mis-diagnosis, you'd do my son in?

You'll find a lot of sympathetic shoulders to cry on here, at our cozy little Worldly Matters Forum. Over at the alter-ego Genius Forum, it'll be more of a straight-up defense of your 3rd reich tactic.

-sweetie-
I want to meet the person who really honestly pledges that the most anticipated peak of their lives, and the culmination of their whole life's endeavors, would be sitting in a wheelchair in your nursing home with your diaper full, afraid.

-tomas-
Hey, it beats dying in a homeless shelter.

-sweetie-
Quick question; Have you seen those labs videos of animals under intense stress for long periods of time?

-tomas-
Sorry, don't do YouTube nor have a TV/cable/satellite - tho have volunteered at animal shelters..

-sweetie-
Some of these people, are being abused or being abusive themselves, possibly with nurses qualified from some random ass catalog that came with the Sunday paper. Not all of course, but enough to get the nation's attention.

-tomas-
Well get another major in nursing and do something about it already.

-sweetie-
And whilst

-tomas-
Uh oh, another Aussie come crawling out of the woodwork!

-sweetie-
flinging feces at attendants,

-tomas-
I would too, considering the slop that is fed to the residents..

-sweetie-
masturbating in public,

-tomas-
There's a couple (Ryan, Cory) few here that advocate that lifestyle.

-sweetie-
or wandering off into the wilderness, they are lost in a daze of times past.

-tomas-
Nobody said life would be easy..

-sweetie-
Not knowing where they are, their own sons or daughters names, and sometimes where they are at.

-tomas-
My mother has dementia, senility, etc at age-85, she has her good/bad days - what about it?

-sweetie-
If you have ever sat and actually spent REAL time with a person with Alzheimer's, not the "Oh, this is so sad! Let's wipe the poor dear's mouth and try to see how many of us he/she remembers!",

-tomas-
You're the one in the corner .. just sitting there .. doing nothing.

-sweetie-
I'm talking about just sit and ask them what's going on with them. Now, you don't have to wait for that stupid show on Lifetime where people talk about their near death experience, you get a live broadcast!

-tomas-
Hmmm.

-sweetie-
But wait, am I actually FOR the systematic slaughter of a certain population of the human race? You bet your sweet a$$ I am!

-tomas-
Your version of reality is put into practice as you speak.

-sweetie-
Unlike little Cancer Kid, or Retarded Dude working in a Warehouse, who at least know the correct day and time,

-tomas-
We're all terminal - time goes in circles for all of us.

-sweetie-
these people's minds are slowly deteriorating. Like, "MDMA EFFECTS ON BRAIN...SUPER FF STYLE!", with more holes than O.J. Simpson's alibi.

-tomas-
But you see, this is how it's supposed to be, even for OJ, he's gonna get the same, lousy slop (food) and fling it at his tormentors.

-sweetie-
And we do give them is love? All we can do is love them?

-tomas-
All you need is love.

-sweetie-
This is outright cruelty in its purest form. We would shoot a horse with a broken leg, and have dogs put down for less than that, simply because there wasn't enough room to "love" them.

-tomas-
Are you implying/suggesting that domesticated horses and dogs are on an even keel with humans?

-sweetie-
I understand they are people with feelings, they might have a "good day", and be able to acknowledge the attention, so what I say could be offensive.

-tomas-
Good day, sunshine!

-sweetie-
But, for the sake of the very truth you claim to seek, embrace, share and love, realize that Alzheimer's does not come like a thief in the night!

-tomas-
Of course it doesn't. Looking back, the signals my mom exhibited, became a reality - but shrugged off as forgetfulness - as, who's the judge and jury?

-sweetie-
You would know when you suddenly started forgetting important things. You, your doctor, your family all see the thing coming. Sometimes I wonder if procrastination comes into play once that diagnosis is given to the family, or maybe before getting the diagnosis because you know what it is.

-tomas-
When you see a fork in the road, take it!

-sweetie-
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only f**king yourself.

-tomas-
I suggest you find a different moniker to use, this is getting old (this mental picture of sweetie doing the wild thang).

-sweetie-
Yes, one day there MAY be a cure, but not in the 2-4 years the doctor gave you left to live. I'm not saying march them off as soon as they get their sick stamp, I'm just saying these people can make plans. A living will is what I think they are called, although the way people sign those DNR forms all willy-nilly like is amusing.

-tomas-
Have you made legal plans in the event of your "sudden" demise?

-sweetie-
Sidenote: If indeed people procrastinate in even making plans once their own death becomes imminent, does that mean that suicide is in fact not an act of cowardice?

-tomas-
This sentence needs cleaning up, do so..

-sweetie-
Senseless, needless pain and thousands of dollars just to be able to "love" the moldering, decomposing shell of a loved one, while they are on the best acid trip ever.

-tomas-
Born to live. Born to die.

-sweetie-
Freedom isn't free, and it hurts to pay. Why, infringe on a person's right to not live like that, when you cry foul under the first amendment when your forum post is flagged?

-tomas-
This is done every day, see that you make a plan (pact) with your best friend(s), and/or trusted relative(s), that when "they" think your time has come .. you .. disappear. In essence, put a bullet behind the left ear, dig a hole - roll you in, pile o' dirt and That's All folks! (end of story)

-sweetie-
Decriminalize drugs. The government should be able to tell a person what they can or can't do with their own body, especially if it does no harm to anyone else right?

-tomas-
Now you're off on another rant, but that's cool by me.

-sweetie-
Hypocrites.

-tomas-
Good to see you included yourself :-)

-sweetie's last hurrah--
By the way, I noticed that talking sh*t really distracts you...might wanna grab some toilet paper bro, kinda leaking right there.

-tomas-
No, not really. I'll be prepared, when you're lonely and scared, at the end of our days.

PS - You still reading Cat Fancy magazine?

Don't run to your death
deathnotewithurname

condescending...check.
cynicism...check.
overly critical of sentence structure while half ass addressing literary content...check.
sarcasm you can soak up with a sponge...check.

Well tomas, I see that you came fully prepared to exhibit your brilliance, unfortunately the special olympics meet is next week. Would you prefer firing squad or old sparky?

And if I'm an aussie, then you must be am individual of great importance!

Sorry to disappoint.
It is what it is.size]
deathnotewithurname

well, at least i know how you really feel...
It is what it is.size]
Tomas

Alzheimer Watch

Post by Tomas »

-sweetie-
deathnotewithurname-well, at least i know how you really feel...

The reason for "sweetie" is, I do scads of volunteer work - the main nickname I hear in nursing homes - is "sweetie" .. to the female residents. Some are completely sane or slightly off-kilter .. get the drift?

From your thread on Genius 'Discussing Reality' you write:
"I apologize for the lack of clarity. This forum is the only time I have ever attempted to articulate my thoughts."

We're cool!

If you've any further comments on/about this thread .. I've got an ear (and half-a-brain).

Don't be concerned (or scared off) with some people here who carry around their Speak-and-Spell with nothing better to do than harass the newcomers... Just be yourself, spliffy and all.

Tomas Note: Many here (not me) are recovering alcoholics, drug addicts, formerly on -or- on psychiatric meds at one time..

The term "Genius/Ultimate Reality/Enlightenment" attracts all sorts of barn flies.

PS - i like your signature :-/

Don't run to your death
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Tomas Note: Many here (not me) are recovering alcoholics, drug addicts, formerly on -or- on psychiatric meds at one time..
= "My shit don't stink."

Go fuck yourself, clown.