15 Sick Logos You Won't Believe

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Carl G

Re: Altered State - News

Post by Carl G »

New Movie Seeks to Refute Gore’s ‘Inconvenient Truth’
Washington (CNSNews.com) – A new documentary on climate change is highly critical of the claims made by former Vice President Al Gore in his film, “An Inconvenient Truth,” and seeks to refute the main points Gore made.

“Policy Peril: Why Global Warming Policies are More Dangerous than Global Warming Itself,” is a 40-minute documentary produced by the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI), a free market group, which can be viewed online. The movie was screened last week at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Traces of cocaine found on up to 90% of dollar bills in American cities
It's an image much beloved of Hollywood directors: the head lowered over a mirror, a crisp greenback tightly rolled and inserted in a nostril, then applied at the other end to a line of white powder.

Researchers from the American Chemical Society in Washington have discovered that the practice of consuming cocaine through rolled up paper money is far more than just a cinematic cliché. They found that in big cities in the US, up to 90% of the notes tested positive for traces of the drug.

In Washington itself, the percentage of notes with cocaine residue reached 93%, a prevalence almost matched by other urban areas such as Boston, Detroit and Baltimore.
Tomas

Control of Internet

Post by Tomas »

Senate Bill Would Give President Emergency Control of Internet

-snip-
Details of a revamped version of the Cybersecurity Act of 2009 show the senate bill could give the president a "kill switch" on the Internet and allow him to shut out private networks from online access.

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08 ... l-internet
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obama a Test Tube Baby

Post by Tomas »

Video suggesting that Obama was created in a lab - 8-1/2 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiEcj4eLMQ4

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obamatons and blackspeak

Post by Tomas »

Obamatons and blackspeak

*blackwhite- The ability to accept whatever "truth" the party puts out, no matter how absurd it may be. Orwell described it as "...loyal willingness to say black is white when party discipline demands this. It also means the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know black is white, and forget that one has ever believed the contrary."

full article > http://beyondbabylon.blogspot.com/2009/ ... speak.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Barack Obama doesn't give a damn about black people

Post by Tomas »

Barack Obama doesn't give a damn about black people

I am a spiritual 27 year old Black man living in the deep south... I have a loving wife and family...
Darrian Stovall
Prattville, Alabama
United States

see photo and complete profile > http://darrianstovall.blogspot.com
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Cursive writing is fading skill, but so what?

Post by Tomas »

Cursive writing is fading skill, but so what?

Fewer school emphasize 'penmanship' as computer use increases

full article > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32925695/ns ... -education
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Economic and Financial System Train Wreck Dead Ahead

Post by Tomas »

Economic and Financial System Train Wreck Dead Ahead

A flight to real money has begun. The Chinese government is actively pushing their citizens to buy gold and
silver and they have the ability to stand up to the manipulators and protect their people. (many charts)

full article > http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article13613.html
Don't run to your death
Robert

Post by Robert »

Egypt anger over virginity faking

BBC News
A leading Egyptian scholar has demanded that people caught importing a female virginity-faking device into the country should face the death penalty.
Professor Bayoumi, a scholar at the prestigious al-Azhar University, said it undermined the moral deterrent of fornication, which he described as a crime and one of the cardinal sins in Islam.
Tomas

Medical Marijuana News

Post by Tomas »

Council backs medical marijuana sales

Los Angeles Times

Might adopt cap on sales > http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/medical-marijuana
Don't run to your death

Re: Medical Marijuana News

Post by 1456200423 »

Tomas wrote:.

Council backs medical marijuana sales

Los Angeles Times

Might adopt cap on sales > http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/medical-marijuana
I think the tobacco companies will be the ones to push for legalizing hemp, looking for new, alternative cash crop.
Now that the tobacco consumption/profits are on decline and oil companies are gearing to a new alternative energy source/fuel, with all this carbon tax/credits scheme being implemented globally in not too distant future.
Anyone with any insight into the issue knows, that there are no legitimate reason for hemp to be illegal and overwhelming reasons for it to be legalized and mass produced. Your brother Ron Paul made it clear that he would have made it legal again if he was elected, so...
We are probably looking at the first slow steps in that direction, maybe 2013?
Do you have any insight in to this Tomas?
veritas odium parit
Tomas

Hemp

Post by Tomas »

Hemp/Marijuana > http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/medical-marijuana[/quote]

-145-
I think the tobacco companies will be the ones to push for legalizing hemp, looking for new, alternative cash crop.

-tomas-
Probably .. but I'd rather see the family farmer get a majority of the action. Canadian farmers are making big bucks on it. Though, the large corporate farms have moved in to marginalize the little guy. Methinks the Obama administration is on the take and not much will change. Like medical marijane it will be controlled. A serious bummer.

-145-
Now that the tobacco consumption/profits are on decline and oil companies are gearing to a new alternative energy source/fuel, with all this carbon tax/credits scheme being implemented globally in not too distant future.

-tomas-
Yeah, you got that right. Somehow, the taxes will continue to escalate on tobacco and work on up to some sort of even-keel with marijuana taxes. Smoking a joint (in the good old days) was like 3 doobies for a buck. Back when money was real money ;-)

-145-
Anyone with any insight into the issue knows, that there are no legitimate reason for hemp to be illegal and overwhelming reasons for it to be legalized and mass produced.

-tomas-
Agreed.

-145-
Your brother Ron Paul made it clear that he would have made it legal again if he was elected,

-tomas-
He being a medically-trained OB/GYN doctor, sure he saw the hassles with prohibition way before the seriously-dumb politician who takes the corporate interests above the mere commoner in their district. However, the banks are always into money laundering so how it works out in the end is anybody's guess. Everyone who I know that's still in "the know" shake their heads like everybody else. We'll have to wait for the government-behind-the-facade-government (the real masters) to hand down their decision.

-145-
so... We are probably looking at the first slow steps in that direction, maybe 2013?

-tomas-
I stopped crossing my fingers in 1972, when Nixon was reelected ;-(

-145-
Do you have any insight in to this Tomas?

-tomas-
Honestly? I would've run for politics had I know then what I know .. now. But I got off on another tangent instead.

PS - Lemme think on "insight."
Don't run to your death

Re: Altered State - News ~ Marijuana/Hemp issues

Post by 1456200423 »

-tomas-
Yeah, you got that right. Somehow, the taxes will continue to escalate on tobacco and work on up to some sort of even-keel with marijuana taxes. Smoking a joint (in the good old days) was like 3 doobies for a buck. Back when money was real money ;-)
30s or 70s? :-P
Tomas wrote:Like medical marijane it will be controlled.
By 'controlled' do mean the psychoactive properties of the plant or the dispensation amount?

Thanks.
veritas odium parit
Tomas

Re: Altered State - News ~ Marijuana/Hemp issues

Post by Tomas »

-1456200423-
30s or 70s? :-P

-tomas-
The 1970s. My grandfather grew hemp for the WWI "war effort", the war to end all wars.

And, my dad, grew hemp for WWII "war effort", the war to begin all wars.

-Tomas earlier-
Like medical marijane it will be controlled.

-145-
By 'controlled' do mean the psychoactive properties of the plant or the dispensation amount?

-tomas-
The federal government (via DEA) will be the final 'controlling legal authority' arbiter. Another area that I'm hearing is that the BATF (bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms) will be taking on the hemp enforcement once the "tax issues" have been resolved. I foresee the medical marijuana stuff being combined with (the current health overhaul bill into) the Food and Drug Admin. Marijauana has so many uses (as does hemp) that whatever part of the country is permitted to grow the stuff will be by lobbying firms. Whether Marlboro tobacco country wins out, still up in the air on that one.

The middle class is being squeezed in the giant melting pot of serfdom, hence the dumbing down of North America into SPP (NAFTA) conglomerate.

The area gray area is Mexico produces the Meth, and Marijuana. Dunno what Vancouver BC and California marijuana producers will get out of it. The DEA is shutting down US meth labs so the Mexicans will probably get that business.

Like I've said before for many years now, NAFTA and the monetary union between Mexico, US, and Canada takes effect in 2010.

PS - I know our Ryan has a hard-on about "corporations having too much power", but it is the way business is done in all the world. Even in Leyla's wildest Marxist wet dreams, the globalization marches over the puny human who dares raise a hand in protest..

Divide and Conquer via QRS
Don't run to your death
Tomas

The Modern Speakeasy

Post by Tomas »

The Modern Speakeasy: Buying Smack on the Streets of LA

Without a connection, you can go from upstanding citizen to lowlife
in the time it takes to get out of your car and cross the street.

Good article > http://exiledonline.com/in-search-of-th ... eets-of-la
Don't run to your death

Re: Altered State - News ~ Marijuana/Hemp/Smack issues

Post by 1456200423 »

Looks like candy. :-)
veritas odium parit

Re: Altered State - News ~ Marijuana/Hemp/Smack issues

Post by 1456200423 »

Gobekli Tepe
As Reading University professor Steve Mithen says: 'Gobekli Tepe is too extraordinary for my mind to understand.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... -Eden.html
veritas odium parit
Tomas

There's a place for possession

Post by Tomas »

There's a place for possession

"Possessiveness" is Part of Marriage

Go here > http://www.henrymakow.com/theres_a_plac ... ssion.html
Don't run to your death
Dan Rowden

Re: Altered State News - "Possessiveness" is Part of Marriage

Post by Dan Rowden »

"Shimyse"

I gazed upon two ponds today:
Blue as the sky,
Clear as a baby's conscience.
A myriad of beings were swimming there;
A living chaos of beauteous apparitions.
I paddled my feet in their depths
And watched them ripple with innocent emotion.
I looked closer so as to see their beds;
But just then you closed your eyes
And took my ponds away.
Cahoot

Re: Altered State News - "Possessiveness" is Part of Marriage

Post by Cahoot »

That’s really good. Among other effects, it creates a mystery that keeps me reading to the end.

It reminds me of a ...

Haiku !
(God bless you)

mirrors in your eyes
silence lingers like pale dust
stirred from the corners
Tomas

Toxic Waters

Post by Tomas »

Toxic Waters

A series about the worsening pollution in American waters and regulators response

Note: very long article video, too > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17//us/17water.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Agent Orange

Post by Tomas »

Agent Orange Continues to Poison New Generations in Vietnam

Deformed fetuses at Ho Chi Minh City's Tu Du Hospital, where doctors blame the
high incidence of deformities on the use of Agent Orange during the war.

Article & Photo > http://www.uruknet.info/index.php?p=m61 ... size=1&l=e
Don't run to your death
baulz owt

Re: Altered State News - Agent Orange Photo

Post by baulz owt »

fuck the world. i still have not met a single human who has any clue about life. isn't philosophy the love of life? we're the beautiful ones. oh wait thats relative ahh i'm gonna off myself soon and im not even on drugs

Re: Altered State News - Agranulocytosis Associated with Cocaine

Post by 1456200423 »

Agranulocytosis Associated with Cocaine Use
September 24, 2009
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/709451

According to the SAMHSA alert, US Drug Enforcement Administration and state testing laboratories report that more than 70% of the illicit cocaine analyzed in July 2009 was positive for levamisole, an antiparasitic drug used by veterinarians to treat worm infestations. This represents an increase over previous reports indicating that levamisole contaminated only 30% of cocaine seized by the Drug Enforcement Agency from July to September 2008. Furthermore, a recent analysis found that almost 80% of the individuals who test positive for cocaine also test positive for levamisole.

Levamisole used as an <kinder surprise> in cocaine has resulted in 20 confirmed or probable cases of agranulocytosis, including 2 deaths, according to an alert from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
veritas odium parit
Tomas

Losing the Debate?

Post by Tomas »

Don't run to your death