Barack Obama, next president of the U.S.?

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tomas

McCain Says "I was a Poor Black Boy Too" (see photo)

Post by Tomas »

McCain Says "I was a Poor Black Boy Too"

-snips-

Topeka, Kansas - In what appears to be a desperate bid to regain the lead with voters John McCain has announced that he too was raised as a black boy in Kansas.

McCain says that his mother lived in the second floor of hotels near the train station here and like Obama has a black father. "Momma had lots of boyfriends that used to come upstairs, especially on weekends."

Momma used to call them all John, she named me after them."

A full-body white-skin graft has helped in being accepted but has caused him to walk stiffly and even now he has trouble raising his arms above his head, he calls it his "Cracker Wrapper."

see photo of him and his momma

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm? ... e=s2i41946

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Re: Barack Obama, next president of the U.S.?

Post by Tomas »

One Prince Hall Freemason endorsing another Prince Hall Freemason :-)

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Freemason

VietNam veteran - 1971

Don't run to your death
mansman

Post by mansman »

Dan Rowden wrote:I just watched the 3rd Presidential debate and I can't see McCain winning.

How could you stand it?
oh, i forgot, your not from this place.
Myself not 1 debate seen, not even 2 minutes, unless need to hurl there are no points. haha
Still, easy to see whose already the winner (unless they kill him first, next year is more likely).
Just open your mind and believe what you hear people.
BARAK< BARAK< BARAK!

Is the mother dead or alive? She was white as a sheet, can you believe!
(just if your wondering, NO, not expecting u lazy elephants to answer me!

Mansman
- FOREIGNER
Tomas

Barack Obama's Kenyan cousin Raila Odinga

Post by Tomas »

Barack Obama's Kenyan cousin Raila Odinga did well in naming his son Fidel Castro Odinga

-snips-

"The only thing that abounds in McCain are years" wrote the Stalinist Cuban dictator in his regime's official paper. "His (electoral) adversary far surpasses McCain in intelligence and serenity. And his health is not guaranteed."

So a major concern for Castro is, "that the lady with the rifles, the inexperienced ex-governor of Alaska, could become U.S. President. We observe that she knows absolutely nothing about anything."

This murderer (Rene Rodriguez) headed a Cuban agency that Jeremiah Wright "worked with for decades" by his own admission, and whose staff he regards as "friends."

"Viva Fidel!" bellowed Reverend Jackson while concluding his speech at the University of Havana during the visit. "Viva Che Guevara!...Long Live our cry of Freedom!"

That's him on the right giving the firing squad their order of "FUEGO!" (see photo)

And that's him on the left shattering the condemned (without trial) man's skull with the coup d' grace from his trusty .45. (see photo)

http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/ ... ma_ag.html

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

The same author who wrote this article (above) also wrote a book exposing Che Guevara, and this is a quote from someone who left a comment on that page:

"If elected, within the first 16 months of an Obama presidency, Obama will meet Hugo Chavez in Havana in response to an invitation from Raul Castro. The primary photo op will include Barak, Hugo and a feeble, but standing, Fidel.

"The topic will be Tranquility in the Americas: North, Central & South.

"The Three Amigos. Count on it."

Driving to the airport the other day, listening to the cabbie's talk-radio show (warning of impending communism if Obama is elected), I reflected how off-the-wall crazy some of these people are getting, how they'll invent anything, and how someone will listen to them, someone will believe them.

The whole idea is completely absurd---Obama, Chavez and Fidel 'together at last'.

Obama only represents a certain shift in the methods and goals of the ruling establishment, one pole in a tightly woven plexus.

It seems accurate what Colin Powell suggested: a generational shift, a new way of thinking about problems, perhaps more intelligent.

Tomas, you are going way over the top with some of this stuff, and you may have to eat your words...

I didn't want to have to do this---honest---but for your own good I think it best you check yourself in to a re-education camp where you can undertake some constructive self-criticism, and when you're done you can of course rejoin the group...

No one would criticize or mock you if you decided to sport an Afro. It'd go a long way toward overcoming some of the 'issues' you are dealing with.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Alex Jacob-
Tomas, you are going way over the top with some of this stuff, and you may have to eat your words...

-tomas-
I fully understand McCain & Obama are sock puppets. I have never voted for the electoral college slate of candidates. I see no fair way to distribute or allocate the nation's wealth in an equitable way.

But wasting (killing off) the middle class is their main goal - it was the same with the "founding fathers" they didn't want a large middle class either.

The bankers are buying the federal government as we speak.

I pay my business taxes and personal taxes .. put in my two cents here on the 'political side' of Genius Forums.

My assumption is that this is a controlled recession/depression as it always is by the unseen elite.

It's the main reason why I got out of running elections - it's the shit I saw behind the scenes, you know, the private lives of these people we were installing into the corridors of government power (with the "consent" of the governed).

My eyes were wide open when I first started and left with them wide open.

Like you brought up Fidel Castro, you know he is/was a trained Jesuit Priest? And, who his daddy was in Spain?

PS - Here's your thread to go on about Obama and what he's gonna do...

I'd prefer to keep my Biden/Palin thread about them, Okay?

Gonna be problematic with Iolaus, Shah tho (feminine-minded, you know).

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

You exaggerate, and that weakens your arguments.

"At Havana's exclusive El Colegio de Belén, Fidel Castro studied under Jesuit priests. It was the 1940s, and the experience of the Spanish Civil War was still fresh. Spanish Nationalists under Francisco Franco had identified with the Fascists, and anti-Americanism ran high within their ranks. Castro's Jesuit teachers imbued the young Fidel with the idea of Hispanidad, stressing the superiority of Spanish values of honor and pride as opposed to the materialistic values of the Anglo-Saxon world. Once he entered the University of Havana, Castro came in contact with the writings of nationalist professors who believed Cuba's destiny had been thwarted by the intervention of the United States. The intervention of 1898, the Platt Amendment and U.S. economic domination had combined to strip Cuba of its independence and national pride. In Castro's belief system, Cuba's political failure was America's fault."

Castro's father was a Spanish immigrant with some money.

In the videos of McCain roasting Obama and Obama roasting McCain, I thought it uncovered some of the core facts: it is all a game of appearances and each of them is aware of the game, such that it can all be joked about in an elite, separated environment.

I agree with some parts if what you write/say, but you do seem prone to a certain kind of exaggeration.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Alex Jacob wrote:You exaggerate, and that weakens your arguments.

"At Havana's exclusive El Colegio de Belén, Fidel Castro studied under Jesuit priests. It was the 1940s, and the experience of the Spanish Civil War was still fresh. Spanish Nationalists under Francisco Franco had identified with the Fascists, and anti-Americanism ran high within their ranks. Castro's Jesuit teachers imbued the young Fidel with the idea of Hispanidad, stressing the superiority of Spanish values of honor and pride as opposed to the materialistic values of the Anglo-Saxon world. Once he entered the University of Havana, Castro came in contact with the writings of nationalist professors who believed Cuba's destiny had been thwarted by the intervention of the United States. The intervention of 1898, the Platt Amendment and U.S. economic domination had combined to strip Cuba of its independence and national pride. In Castro's belief system, Cuba's political failure was America's fault."

Castro's father was a Spanish immigrant with some money.

In the videos of McCain roasting Obama and Obama roasting McCain, I thought it uncovered some of the core facts: it is all a game of appearances and each of them is aware of the game, such that it can all be joked about in an elite, separated environment.

I agree with some parts if what you write/say, but you do seem prone to a certain kind of exaggeration.
More wikipedia b.s. you cite of Castro's "prestigious" (Jesuit instructed) childhood blah, bla? His daddy had some money (like how much?) - more generalities from your unnamed source?

Put the URL there so I don't have to - go on even further - so you can play more .. "gotcha..."

Ditto for all your kinky hair URLs (in a Biden/Palin thread), semi nudes with no warnings (and pleadings that I check out another Dior ad from an airport), you've got an out of control temper like a couple other 'washed ups' on this forum... Carl noted this...

It would be pleasant if you'd write your own words instead of all this copy, paste.

The internet (with all its treats available) I could discover all that too, about Castro's propaganda. In his world and backed by his thugs, he was kingmaker. In return for his allegiance to the Jesuits, his country was ravished (in more way than one), now with food riots... Not that I agree with the mob-controlled Bautista regime before Castro's rule, but it was, at least ruled by dark(er)-skinned natives, not like Castro's henchmen.

The Jesuit (dark side of Roman Catholicism started by jews) priests are all you put up for all to see. But then, you're just copy/pasting someone elses (College of) propaganda, aren't you? No URL for reference, just a couple YouTube references.. blah bla.

You been to Cuba too? Or, you just gonna copy paste (superimpose) some photos of you with your cigar up Castro's ...

PS - I suggest it's you who tend to be book smart .. ditto Mikiel and Iolaus..

To mikiel's credit, he at least attempts the spiritual descriptions since his near drowning..

Last edited by Tomas on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

So my old family friend Fidel approves of Barry? Good, one more reason for me to support him.
Tomas

Kossified congressman

Post by Tomas »

Kossified congressman: Obama was a "community organizer like Jesus"

-snip-
If liberals want to play games about the meaning and definition of the words community organizer, then by all means, lets play.

-139 comments-

Just remember John Gotti was a Community Organizer too!

The pukes on the Left who chidingly use Christ to make their points are committing hubris of the highest order: deny values of religious believers in contemporary society and then pimp the image of Christ.
Nice model. Put lipstick on that, Flinchy!

-Click URL for article and comments-

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/10/ko ... like-jesus

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I was sleepin' like a rat
When I heard something jerkin'
There stood Rita
Lookin' just like Tony Perkins
She said, "Would you like
to take a shower ?
I'll show you up to the door"
I said, "Oh, no, no
I've been through this movie before
I knew I had to split
But I didn't know how
When she said,
"Would you like to take
that shower now ?"

Well, I couldn't leave
Unless the old man chased me out
'Cause I'd already promised
That I'd milk his cows
I had to say something
To strike him very weird
So I yelled out
"I like Fidel Castro and his beard"
Rita looked offended
But she got out of the way
As he came charging down the stairs
Sayin', "What's that I
heard you say ?"

I said, "I like Fidel
Castro I think you heard
me right"
And I ducked as he swung
At me with all his might
Rita mumbled something
'Bout her mother on the hill
As his fist hit the icebox
He said he's going to kill me
If I don't get out of the door
In two seconds flat
"Your unpatriotic
Rotten doctor Commie rat".

Well, he threw a Reader's Digest
At my head and I did run
I did a somersault
As I seen him get his gun
And chrashed through the window
At a hundred miles an hour
And landed fully blast
In his garden flowers
Rita said, "Come back"
As he started to load
The sun was comin' up
And I was runnin' down the road.

Well, I don't figure I'll be back
There for a spell
Even though Rita moved away
And got a job in a motel
He still waits for me
Constant on the sky
He wants to turn me in
To the FBI
Me, I romp and stomping
Thankful as a romp
Without freedom of speech
I might be in the swamp.

---Bob Dylan, Motorpsycho Nightmare
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Radical Days:

Post by Tomas »

Radical Days: Obama's funding of Anti-American extremists

Jewish Press

-snip-

Like other leaders of the rites of passage movement, Carruthers teaches that the true birthplace of world civilization was ancient "Kemet" (Egypt), from which Kemetic philosophy supposedly spread to Africa as a whole. Carruthers and his colleagues believe the values of Kemetic civilization are far superior to the isolating and oppressive, ancient Greek-based values of European and American civilization.

Carruthers key writings are collected in his book, Intellectual Warfare. Reading it is a wild, anti-American ride.

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.jewishpress.com/pageroute.do ... bama'.html

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Israelis For Obama ... Or Maybe Not

Post by Tomas »

Israelis For Obama ... Or Maybe Not

Jewish Press

-snip-
When Ephraim Halevy has something to say, people listen. And Halevy, former chief of the Mossad, does not believe Israelis should be involved in American politics. The Obama camp, apparently, thinks otherwise.

http://www.jewishpress.com/pageroute.do ... ama_..html

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Post Turtle (see photo)

Post by Tomas »

Post Turtle

The old timers got Obama right (see photo)

And read 13th comment re: Hillary..

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2092636/posts

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obama's playing us stupid

Post by Tomas »

Obama's playing us stupid

-snips-

Is it mere happenstance that once again, and seemingly unbeknownst to the Obama campaign, another anti-gay African American minister has endorsed the presidential hopeful?

Obama's charismatic Orwellian call for justice we think only creates a triangulation for LGBTQ voters, but truth be told Obama's playing us all.

Obama is too intelligent to be stuck on stupid on the gay issue. His 'homophobic mishaps' are calculated moves to win an important voting bloc: black churchgoing homophobic Christians.

http://www.bilerico.com/2008/01/obamas_ ... stupid.php

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Test shows Ayers penned Obama's 'Dreams'

Post by Tomas »

Test shows Ayers penned Obama's 'Dreams'

-snips-

Among other indicators, I have cited the stunning parallels in nautical metaphors and postmodern themes, as well as the nearly miraculous transformation of Obama from struggling hack to literary giant in just a few years.

Ayers' involvement in Obama's memoir is not nearly as improbable as it might sound. Ayers served as something of a literary guru for his radical Hyde Park neighbors in Chicago.

Rashid Khalidi attests to this in the very first sentence of the acknowledgements in his 2004 book, "Resurrecting Empire."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geid=78546

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

(double post)
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ni ange, ni bête
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I wanted to thank Tomas for the slew of fantasy-paranoia pieces he has shared with all of us to our delight. To balance out the comic, low-brow approach to thinking about the current presidential race, and the deep conlicts in our polity each candidate represents, I thought I would include this article from the NY Times.

(I'd have included it as a link but to read on the NY Times site you have to have registered).

October 23, 2008

Rivals Split on U.S. Power, but Ideas Defy Easy Labels
By DAVID E. SANGER

WASHINGTON — John McCain has said his worldview was formed in the Hanoi Hilton, the jail where as a prisoner of war he learned to stand up to his country’s enemies and lost any youthful naïveté about what happens when America shows weakness.

Barack Obama has written that his views began to take shape in the back streets of Jakarta, where he lived as a young boy and saw the poverty, the human rights violations and the fear inspired by the American-backed Indonesian dictator Suharto.

It was there, Mr. Obama wrote in his second autobiography, that he first absorbed the “jumble of warring impulses” that make up American foreign policy, and received a street-level understanding of how foreigners react to “our tireless promotion of American-style capitalism” and to Washington’s “tolerance and occasional encouragement of tyranny, corruption and environmental degradation.”

As the campaigns tell the story, those radically different experiences in different corners of Southeast Asia have created two men with sharply different views about the proper use of American power.

Mr. McCain’s campaign portrays him as an experienced warrior who knows how to win wars and carries Theodore Roosevelt’s big stick, even if he occasionally strays from Roosevelt’s advice about speaking softly. Mr. Obama’s campaign portrays him as a cerebral advocate of patient diplomacy, the antidote to the unilateral excesses of the Bush years, who knows how to build partnerships without surrendering American interests.

But as the campaign has unfolded, both men have been forced into surprising detours. They may have formed their worldviews in Hanoi and Jakarta, but they forged specific positions amid the realities of an election in post-Iraq, post-crash America — where judgment sometimes collides with political expediency.

The result has included contradictions that do not fit the neat hawk-and-dove images promoted by each campaign. As spelled out in presidential debates, in written answers provided by their campaigns, and in an interview with Mr. McCain in January, some of their views appear as messy and unpredictable as the troubles one of them will inherit.

For example, it is Mr. McCain — the man who amended the words of a Beach Boys song last year to joke about bombing Iran’s nuclear sites — who says he could imagine a situation in which Iran’s behavior changes so much that he would be willing “to consider” allowing Iran to enrich its own uranium, producing a fuel that could be used for nuclear power — but only under highly restrictive conditions that ensure it could never be used for weapons.

Mr. Obama, the candidate who has expressed far more willingness to sit down and negotiate with the Iranians, said in an e-mail message passed on by an aide that in any final deal he would not allow Iran to produce uranium on Iranian soil, the same hard-line view enunciated by the Bush administration.

Consider the delicate issue of Pakistan, where it is Mr. Obama who has been far more willing than Mr. McCain to threaten sending in American troops on ground raids. Mr. McCain, by contrast, argues that Pakistan must control its territory. “I don’t think the American people today are ready to commit troops to Waziristan,” he said, months before Mr. Bush signed secret orders this summer authorizing ground raids in Pakistan, including the violent sanctuaries of North and South Waziristan.

Mr. McCain, now the Republican nominee, agreed to an interview during the primary campaign. Obama aides answered questions at length, but Mr. Obama, the Democratic nominee, citing the pressures of time in the campaign, declined requests dating to June to be interviewed in detail on how he would handle potential confrontations beyond Iraq that could face the next president.

It is worth remembering that presidential campaigns are usually terrible predictors of presidential decision-making. John F. Kennedy said virtually nothing about building up troops in Vietnam in 1960, nor did Richard M. Nixon talk in 1968 about engineering an opening to China. George W. Bush, in an interview at his ranch 10 days before his first inaugural in 2001, lamented that sanctions against Saddam Hussein looked like “Swiss cheese” but did not appear, at that time, to be heading toward a military confrontation with him.

New Look at Engagement

With the endgame slowly playing out in Iraq, the potential confrontation over neighboring Iran and its nuclear program has emerged as the No. 1 case study in how Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain would use diplomacy and the threat of military force against a hostile state. Based on their careers and their statements, Mr. McCain’s threshold for pre-emptive military action seems lower than Mr. Obama’s.

For each candidate, the debate over Iran has been somewhat treacherous. Mr. Obama knew his interest in pursuing diplomacy could leave him vulnerable to criticism as a potential appeaser; Mr. McCain, known for his “Bomb Iran” ditty, had to demonstrate that he would not be trigger-happy.

In the end, both men have proved more comfortable in declaring that they would never allow Iran to become a nuclear weapons state than in explaining how they would obtain the leverage to stop Iran’s nuclear program peacefully. And neither has dealt publicly with the harder question of what to do if Iran assembles all the fuel and components needed for a weapon but stops just short of actually making one.

Mr. Obama’s declaration that he would engage Iranian leaders without preconditions has dominated the debate and opened him to Mr. McCain’s accusation that he is a naïf, willing to give legitimacy to the Iranian regime. Mr. Obama has backtracked a bit, arguing that he never suggested that the first meetings would be at the presidential level, and that preconditions are less important than “careful preparations.”

When pressed, Mr. Obama has said that “we will never take military options off the table” and that he would not give the United Nations “veto power” over deciding to strike nuclear facilities.

The harder question is how to force Iran to give up its uranium enrichment quickly, before it produces enough material to build a weapon — a threshold American and European intelligence officials say may be crossed fairly early in the next presidential term. Mr. McCain has been more vociferous in emphasizing that “we have to do whatever’s necessary” to stop Iran from obtaining a weapon. In 1994, when North Korea was at a similar stage in its nuclear weapons program, Mr. McCain said on “Meet the Press” on NBC that if diplomacy failed to shut down the country’s production facilities within months, “then yes, military air strikes would be called for.”

But in a post-Iraq world, Mr. McCain has been more circumspect. He no longer talks about “rogue state rollback,” the phrase he used in 2000 to describe a strategy of undermining governments like those in North Korea, Iran and Iraq under Saddam Hussein. Mr. McCain said in interviews last year and early this year that risking military action against Iran might be better than “living with an Iranian bomb.” Recently, he has expressed more interest in changing Iran’s behavior than changing the government, and has said that his Beach Boys ditty was a bad attempt at humor: “I wasn’t suggesting that we go around and declare war.”

But the main prescription Mr. McCain has offered relies on gradually escalating economic sanctions, the same path taken by the Bush administration. So far that strategy has been a complete failure: Iran has 3,800 centrifuges, up from a few hundred experimental centrifuges when the administration began, and enough, in theory, to make a bomb’s worth of fuel in a year.

Questions to both campaigns in the past few weeks have yielded another example of role reversal. While Mr. McCain seems willing to consider that Iran might someday be trusted to produce its own nuclear fuel, Mr. Obama does not. The director of foreign policy for the McCain campaign, Randy Scheunemann, said that if Iran was in compliance with United Nations resolutions, “it would be appropriate to consider” letting it produce uranium under inspection, which Iran has said is its right.

Mr. Obama’s position is closer to the zero-tolerance approach adopted by the Bush administration. “I do not believe Iran should be enriching uranium or keeping centrifuges,” he said in an e-mail message passed on by aides.

Mr. Obama does seem more willing to dangle in front of the Iranians a “grand bargain” that would spell out benefits — diplomatic recognition, an end to sanctions — as a reward for halting its enrichment of uranium and allowing full inspections of the country. Richard J. Danzig, considered a candidate to be secretary of defense in an Obama administration, said Mr. Obama was willing to “put out a more positive side to the agenda to lead the Iranians toward making the right choices here.”

But Mr. Obama has also been more specific in describing the kind of sanctions he might reach for if the Iranians continue on the current path. “If we can prevent them from importing the gasoline that they need, and the refined petroleum products, that starts changing their cost-benefit analysis,” he said.

Some experts have counseled caution about such an approach, one that the Bush administration has stopped short of taking. A blockade, however, could constitute an act of war, and most experts believe Iran could respond in kind by cutting off oil exports, increasing prices and leading to shortages.

When to Intervene

While Mr. McCain reminds audiences that he vowed to do whatever it took to win in Iraq, he has been extraordinarily reluctant when it comes to the war in Afghanistan to advocate cross-border attacks into Pakistan, even though top military commanders have publicly said that is a prerequisite to victory. Mr. McCain has dismissed Mr. Obama’s advocacy of military action inside Pakistan as unwise, saying his rival does not appreciate how Pakistanis would react to an incursion by an ally, even into ungovernable territory Pakistan itself has never really controlled.

That was Mr. Bush’s view as well until July, when he issued secret orders allowing American Special Operations forces to conduct ground incursions into Pakistan, to keep insurgents from forming a safe haven. Mr. McCain has not condemned Mr. Bush’s action, but he has suggested that such operations should never be discussed in public and that Mr. Obama had made a rookie’s mistake by raising the possibility.

“The last thing we should be doing is telegraphing to Pakistan that we are going to violate their sovereignty,” Mr. Scheunemann said last week, when asked if Mr. McCain was opposed to military action over the border, or just opposed to talking about it. “Senator Obama’s stubborn insistence on publicly threatening to attack targets in Pakistan and limit military assistance is swagger, not statesmanship.”

Mr. Obama has frequently said he would send American personnel over the border to kill leaders of Al Qaeda. In his speech at the Democratic convention, Mr. Obama accused Mr. McCain of focusing on the wrong war — Iraq — and he vowed to hunt down Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants.

But American policy since the attacks of Sept. 11 has backed hunting down Qaeda members anywhere, including inside Pakistan. A harder question is whether to go into Pakistan to hunt down Taliban or other militant groups using the sanctuary to mount attacks against Americans in Afghanistan or to strike the Pakistani government. On that question, Mr. Obama has been ambiguous, and his campaign has declined to clarify his statements.

Humanitarian Aid

When it comes to sending troops to protect the oppressed, it is Mr. Obama who has sounded a lot more like an interventionist than Mr. McCain.

Mr. McCain has long been a skeptic of sending American troops on humanitarian quests — whether for peacekeeping, peacemaking or missions that morphed from one to the other. He has reminded voters that he opposed military interventions in Lebanon in the early 1980s, and in Somalia, Haiti and Bosnia in the 1990s. He has often asked what good American troops can do in a single year when the conflict they are parachuting into has roiled for centuries, and he has often demanded to see an exit strategy before troops were committed.

Mr. Obama has praised what the United Nations calls a “responsibility to protect,” a doctrine that elevates aiding oppressed populations over respecting national borders. Mr. McCain has agreed, but both men have emphasized the need for case-by-case judgment.

In Foreign Affairs, Mr. Obama laid out a position that is the opposite of President Bush’s attitude in 2000 but sounds much like his attitude now. Mr. Obama wrote that he would use the military to “support friends, participate in stability and reconstruction operations or confront mass atrocities.” But he cited the first President Bush as the example to follow in gaining “the clear support and participation of others.”

In a debate in early October, Mr. Obama said that in Darfur the United States “could be providing logistical support, setting up a no-fly zone, at relatively little cost to us” if it had help from other nations. But when pressed, Mr. Obama’s aides said that he would be hesitant to commit American ground troops, who are in short supply because of the demands of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dealing With Great Powers

Within hours of the Russian attack on Georgia in August, Mr. McCain was on the phone to his foreign policy advisers, seeking to calibrate the right response. It was a critical moment for a man who has surrounded himself with members of both warring camps in the Republican Party — the neoconservatives nursing their wounds after Iraq went bad, and the pragmatists who rose again in Mr. Bush’s second term.

“He had people telling him, ‘John, you want to think about the long term — we need the Russians on Iran, and the Georgians sort of invited this,’ ” a friend who talked to him in that period said. But in the end, Mr. McCain stepped out with a strong defense of Georgia, while Mr. Obama issued a more even-handed statement, calling for all sides to return to the uneasy status quo that had prevailed in South Ossetia.

While Mr. Obama’s reaction was much closer to the Bush administration’s, Mr. McCain seized on the moment to portray Mr. Obama as weak. Mr. McCain’s friends say his criticism of Russia was a direct outgrowth of his prisoner-of-war experience and his cold war upbringing. He regularly reminds voters than when he looks into the eyes of Vladimir V. Putin, the Russian prime minister, he sees three letters: K.G.B.

The difference has also played out in how Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama have embraced a proposal by four prominent cold warriors — former Senator Sam Nunn, former Defense Secretary William J. Perry, and former Secretaries of State George P. Shultz and Henry A. Kissinger — toward reducing the American nuclear arsenal to zero. Both candidates have said they support the goal, but Mr. McCain has sounded less enthusiastic, saying he would reduce nuclear weapons “to the lowest level we judge necessary.” Many conservatives also object to deep cuts in the arsenal, saying that could harm the country’s ability to remain the world’s dominant superpower and encourage nuclear challengers to build up to American levels.

By contrast, Mr. Obama, who was only 28 when the Berlin Wall fell, has argued that unless the United States and Russia radically reduce their stockpiles, they will never persuade smaller nations like Iran and North Korea to forgo their nuclear weapons programs.

Both men say they share the goal of keeping the United States the most powerful nation on earth. Mr. McCain emphasizes hard power first, though his advisers say that on global warming, among other issues, he has shown a flexibility that President Bush rarely demonstrated. More than any previous presidential candidate, Mr. Obama has emphasized the idea of soft power — the ability to lead by moral example and nonmilitary action — and his challenge if elected, his advisers acknowledge, is to convince the world that an untested young senator also has a steely edge.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Dramatic developments in Obama citizenship suits

Post by Tomas »

Dramatic developments in Obama citizenship suits

Israel Insider

-snip-

But the sudden trip to the 50th state coincides with an aggressive campaign by Obama's nemesis Andy Martin to legally compel Hawaiian authorities to release birth records that Obama has refused to make public.

http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/ ... st%3A10728

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obama questions just keep piling up

Post by Tomas »

Obama questions just keep piling up

-snips-

Attorney Phillip Berg, a former Pennsylvania deputy attorney general, filed suit in federal court alleging that Obama is not a natural born citizen.

Obama's grandmother, half brother and half sister have all given testimony that Obama was born in Kenya.

Instead of letting the court examine his 1961 birth certificate, Obama and the DNC have filed legal motions to delay producing it until after the election.

What is Obama hiding?

http://www.starexponent.com/cse/news/op ... g_up/23091

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Elvis Has Left the Building

"The words became part of the Elvis legend and were repeated at many subsequent shows. Now they're a catchphrase whose meaning, usually tinged with irony, is clear to all: the show's over, the curtain has fallen, the sun has set, that's all she wrote, the fat lady has sung, our work here is done, move along, nothing more to see, disperse, beat it, turn the page, hit the road, don't forget to tip your waitress, pack it up, turn out the lights, das ist alles, time's up, toodle-oo, exeunt omnes, class dismissed, back to work, don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split you, end of story, that's all there is there ain't no more, so long, hasta la vista, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here, later gator, 30, buh-bye, get lost, ite missa est, the end, finito, Scotty, beam me up."
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

McCain supporter robbed, assaulted (see photo)

Post by Tomas »

McCain supporter robbed, assaulted

A knife-wielding man robbed a McCain-Palin campaign volunteer and etched a "B" into her face after he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the woman's car, Pittsburgh police said. (see photo of woman)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 94853.html

Don't run to your death
Tomas

dele

Post by Tomas »

dele
Last edited by Tomas on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obama's Money Cartel

Post by Tomas »

Obama's Money Cartel

How Barack Obama Fronted for the Most Vicious Predators on Wall Street

Published May 5, 2008
Pam Martens worked on Wall Street for 21 years, she has no securities position, long or short, in any company mentioned in this article. She writes on public interest issues from New Hampshire.

-snip-

Wall Street, known variously as a barren wasteland for diversity or the last plantation in America, has defied courts and the Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for decades in its failure to hire blacks as stockbrokers. Now it's marshalling its money machine to elect a black man to the highest office in the land. Why isn't the press curious about this?

http://www.counterpunch.org/martens05052008.html

Don't run to your death
Tomas

Obama's "birth certificate" forged with sister Maya's origin

Post by Tomas »

Obama's "birth certificate" forged with sister Maya's original

Israel's daily newsmagazine

-snip-

The revelation that the COLB of Obama's own sister was evidently used to create the electronic forgery represents what supporters of this analysis claim is a "smoking gun" that appears to implicate Obama directly. Hawaii law limits access to...

http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp ... litics&amp

Don't run to your death