Barack Obama, next president of the U.S.?

Post questions or suggestions here.
DHodges

Re: Barack Obama, next president of the U.S.?

Post by DHodges »

How long will the honeymoon last?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I am very happy for this victory. I just hope he doesn't get killed.
Tomas

Will Supreme Court have say in presidency?

Post by Tomas »

Will Supreme Court have say in presidency?

Obama better not pack just yet unless he's got an authentic birth certificate to produce.

However, the issue isn't going away, at least for now, since Souter set a schedule for a response from Obama to the challenge from attorney Philip J. Berg.

-Click URL for complete article-

http://chicagoray.blogspot.com/2008/11/ ... nless.html

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

November 5, 2008
New York Times

Near-Flawless Run Is Credited in Victory
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Shahrazad-
I am very happy for this victory.

-tomas-
So are the Wall Street firms that were bailed out.

-Shah-
I just hope he doesn't get killed.

-tomas-
Please explain.

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Ni ange, ni bête
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Tomas,
-Shah-

-tomas-
Please explain.
Are you kidding? There are millions of racist people in USA. They are pretty angry they will have a black President, and many of them want him dead.
Bondi

Post by Bondi »

You're right, there are millions of racist people in the US. But they all have voted for Obama.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you---Tomas, Bondi, Prince, Dan and so many of the fine minds who contribute to this forum---to THANK YOU for the depth of your thoughts which have so enriched my own process of thinking on these important matters. You guys should really be proud of yourselves. There are so many dull, drooling, ignorant, self-absorbed, under-educated ninnies who splurt stupid opinions all over the place these days, anywhere and everywhere you go in fact. But you guys, holy shit, you take intelligence and thoughtfulness to a whole other level! How proud you must feel!

I salute and honor you, but especially brother Tomas.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

The American Elections Are On

Post by Tomas »

The American elections are on, but it does not matter who is the winner

by Mat Rodina

-snip-

Once more they are in for a post-narcotic painful wakeup and it will not take long. When both candidates come from the One Party Two Branch Marxist system of America's so-called democracy, where third-parties and independents need not apply, nothing changes. If anything, American suffering under either of the two "candidates" (really this was a bit more nerve-wracking than Soviet Politburo elections) will only escalate. For example, the US Congress has an approval rating of 18%, actually lower than Bush Jr, but the re-election rate will be 95%+, higher than even the Soviets or Saddam achieved. The only candidates who can thus break through, are the party loyalists and thus when their solutions for America's ills are:

http://mat-rodina.blogspot.com/2008/11/ ... -does.html

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

The plot thickens...

Rahm Emmanuel selected as Chief of Staff for Obama's cabinet.
Ni ange, ni bête
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Well I'll be a son of a terrorist! Another dual-citizen Zionist in the White House. Makes you wonder if Israel really does run Washington.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:Tomas,
-Shah-

-tomas-
Please explain.
Are you kidding? There are millions of racist people in USA. They are pretty angry they will have a black President, and many of them want him dead.
Bondi pretty much sums it up - they all voted for Obama. Even the white supremacists voted for this fellow.

What areas of the nation are you claiming to be racists? Yours is a blanket statement.

If someone goes after Obama, it will be an inside job. This is the nature of the political game..

Don't run to your death
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

From Wiki citation:

"Moskal also charged that Emanuel had dual citizenship with Israel and had served in the Israeli Army. Rahm was a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Gulf War and was born a citizen due to his father's (dual) Israeli-U.S. citizenship, but relinquished it when he turned 18.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Who Has a Better Sense of Humor?

Post by Tomas »

Who Has a Better Sense of Humor, Obama or McCain Supporters?

by Clay Walker

-snip-

...He [John Tierney] analyzed a Boston study that presented liberals and conservatives with various jokes, good and bad, from Borscht Belt standbys to Jack Handy surrealism...

The reseachers picked out a variety of jokes -- good, bad, conventional, absurdist -- to look for differences in reactions between self-described liberals and conservatives

And the winner is...

http://www.timeswatch.org/articles/2008 ... 42052.aspx

Don't run to your death
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

A liberation theologian, aided by a Zionist whose dad was in Irgun.

Marvelous.
Tomas

Signs of Satan!

Post by Tomas »

Signs of Satan!

Satanists or just a mere coincidence?

(see Obama photo)

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20 ... _satan.htm

Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Tomas,
Bondi pretty much sums it up - they all voted for Obama. Even the white supremacists voted for this fellow.
Then who voted for McCain? The blacks?

And who is Bondi?
What areas of the nation are you claiming to be racists? Yours is a blanket statement.
All the red states.

Tomas, I lived in the bible belt 15 years. You can't fool me so easily.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

"A liberation theologian, aided by a Zionist whose dad was in Irgun. Marvelous."

It is a pretty intelligent political move, whatever spin you wish to put on it. The 'miracle' is that Obama is aware of the content of Liberation Theology, and if you will, the intent of it. That is unprecedented in American politics as far as I know.

Nevertheless---and it was never any different and never will be any different---the foundation of politics is its Machiavellianism. That is simply the place that anyone has to start if they are going to understand anything about a single human being or any community of human beings. At the base of it all is the straight power equation. And on that base one can then look at Irgun. You could only ever begin to understand it if you understand straight power principals, and of course if you also understand yourself. Your own polity, as with every and any polity, has at its base a Will-to-Power non-different from Irgun.

It is only realistic and honest to state---to know---that this new trend in American politics is only a refinement of the way power functions. It does not, cannot and will not, fundamentally alter the power-equation. It is tactics, not a shift in fundamentals. Did you and does anybody think that it would be something different?

The nature of power-groupings is to consolidate and extend power, not to reduce it. There are different tactics to extend power, however, and one of them could very well be to make the effort to consolidate recalcitrant pockets of opposition. And for that what better 'agent' than one who has an intimate grasp of the nature of opposition, the nature of ressentiment? Even in his acceptance speech---it really stood out I thought---he specifically said that those who would seek to disrupt of to tear down, 'we will defeat you'. The plan is a consolidated world that functions in an orderly way. It is the American project for the 21st century to lay the foundation for that consolidated world system. Did you think it was going to be any different? Does anyone think so? What then is your alternative?

Okay, so he chose Rahm Emmanuel as Chief of Staff. One begins to integrate that. What if the choice of the breed of puppy for his kids has greater significance? ;-) Will it be some stray, Washington mutt or a pure-bred?

Probably don't want to get a Dalmatian, for obvious reasons. A Labrador is a good dog for kids, but it likely won't be a Black Lab...
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Life in neutral

Post by Tomas »

-Shahrazad-
Then who voted for McCain?

-tomas-
The middle class.

-shah-
The blacks?

-tomas-
Suppose this varies from state to state.

It can be presumed that Obama isn't the messiah-to-all.

-Shah-
And who is Bondi?

-tomas-
Sixth post down on page 7... (Joined: Oct. 2005)

You scroll/read too fast, you are probably dyslexic..?

-shah-
All the red states.

-tomas-
Oh, one size fits all .. only one mask available.

-Shah-
Tomas, I lived in the bible belt 15 years.

-tomas-
There are over 600 versions (translations) of the new testament bible alone .. care to choose a few to make your point? Besides, the whole of US is 'bible belt', even Jeremiah Wright has a version...

Hmmm, which one is Obama gonna "oath" on January 20, 2009?

-Shah-
You can't fool me so easily.

-tomas-
True, you are fooling yourself quite fine without my aid and comfort.

Don't run to your death
brad walker

Post by brad walker »

It looks like Obama might continue the long line of former Goldman Sachs Treasury Secretaries.
Corzine is being considered for Treasury secretary, two N.J. Dems say
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

From an article in the NYT discussing economic plans:

"Near the end of the brief session, he alluded to a domestic choice facing his family: what kind of dog to bring to the White House. Perhaps, he said, the Obama family should visit a shelter and pick out “a mutt like me.”

C'mon people, y'all gotta admit that I TOTALLY called that one...
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

brad walker wrote:It looks like Obama might continue the long line of former Goldman Sachs Treasury Secretaries.
Corzine is being considered for Treasury secretary, two N.J. Dems say
Bush has set the Treasury Dept. on a smooth glidepath, complete with briefing books, never has there been as good transition.

These blood-sucking creatures (politicians) are gonna squeeze every drop of blood out of the peasants.

Bush's nickname for Obama (all along) has been "The Pope".

Saturn knows all :-)

Don't run to your death
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

wikipedia wrote:[ Rahm Emanuel] was born a citizen due to his father's (dual) Israeli-U.S. citizenship, but relinquished it when he turned 18.
But he still talks and acts like one. I mean it's also stated that he decided at a later stage to be a "civilian volunteer" in the IDF during the 1991 Persian Gulf War in Israel. His faith is still active Judaism, as well Zionist and his family roots are firmly in Israel.

Actually it's a bit of a mystery why he would have given up his citizenship at age 18 since it's not a requirement in the US and there are enough in the White House currently who retained it. Was it at an age he was temporally in a rebellious mood against Israel? It would be interesting to know.