Home Cookin' Tips

Post questions or suggestions here.
Tomas

Home Cookin' Tips

Post by Tomas »

How users are being tracked on P2P networks

http://www.ghacks.net/2008/02/09/how-us ... p-networks

Last edited by Tomas on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tomas

Appeals court: First Amendment protects forum trolls too

Post by Tomas »

Appeals court: First Amendment protects forum trolls too

By Jacqui Cheng I

-snip-
Anonymous forum posters are allowed to rant their heads off as long as they're not spreading libel, a California appeals court ruled. They are also allowed to stay anonymous to protect their identities, no matter how offensive and demeaning their comments are.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... s-too.html

Shahrazad

Re: Appeals court: First Amendment protects forum trolls too

Post by Shahrazad »

I wonder if I'll ever be sued for stuff I've said about U.S. politicians.

Good thing their laws do not apply where I live.
sear

Post by sear »

"Appeals court: First Amendment protects forum trolls too"
"Protects" them from what / whom?

I haven't read the ruling.

I'm sure it protects them from government.

But it has no affect on how the site administrator handles it.

The site admin. & moderator/s can apply any standard they wish, provided that standard itself is also legal.
But they can, and routinely do ban trolls.
30 character limit on sigline?
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Yes, it protects people from the government and vigilantes. Long time ago I used to try to annoy people online, and one time it got out of hand. I got into an argument with this other guy, and midway through the argument, he said something about his wife just had a baby, so I said I was going to hunt him down and rape and kill his wife and newborn baby daughter, so he freaked out. He posted his home address and dared me to come and try it. Then, he went down to the police station, and got some of his friends to contact yahoo and asked them to give up who I was. All they would give the police was the zip code I had provided when I registered, which was 90210, from the old show Beverly Hills 90210. I don't know if the guy actually thought I would do anything, but he posted his home address afterward, so I don't think he was feeling threatened, but the moral of the story is, yahoo worked for me, they wouldn't give out my personal info, which is the only reason I was going to say some of the stuff I was saying. They would probably need a warrant to get my real info, so I wasn't worried about it, but I was glad when it was resolved, because the guy was making a big deal about knowing the local police and all that b.s.. Anyway, he ended up thinking it was funny, saying "green berets off to Beverly Hills." I guess I was more relieved because I didn't want to deal with the cops anymore, since I was currently having some problems with the law, where I was living at the time.

Also, Tomas is the closest thing to a troll on this forum, but it's probably just because he doesn't speak English very well, so you can't really understand what he is trying to say half the time.
Tomas

China has penetrated U.S. databases

Post by Tomas »

China has penetrated U.S. databases

'They are already in and we must stop them'

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribun ... _02_08.asp

Tomas

Post by Tomas »

snow bunny wrote:Yes, it protects people from the government and vigilantes. Long time ago I used to try to annoy people online, and one time it got out of hand. I got into an argument with this other guy, and midway through the argument, he said something about his wife just had a baby, so I said I was going to hunt him down and rape and kill his wife and newborn baby daughter, so he freaked out. He posted his home address and dared me to come and try it. Then, he went down to the police station, and got some of his friends to contact yahoo and asked them to give up who I was. All they would give the police was the zip code I had provided when I registered, which was 90210, from the old show Beverly Hills 90210. I don't know if the guy actually thought I would do anything, but he posted his home address afterward, so I don't think he was feeling threatened, but the moral of the story is, yahoo worked for me, they wouldn't give out my personal info, which is the only reason I was going to say some of the stuff I was saying. They would probably need a warrant to get my real info, so I wasn't worried about it, but I was glad when it was resolved, because the guy was making a big deal about knowing the local police and all that b.s.. Anyway, he ended up thinking it was funny, saying "green berets off to Beverly Hills." I guess I was more relieved because I didn't want to deal with the cops anymore, since I was currently having some problems with the law, where I was living at the time.

Also, Tomas is the closest thing to a troll on this forum, but it's probably just because he doesn't speak English very well, so you can't really understand what he is trying to say half the time.

Tell me, have you ever raped another human or molested a child? Talking like that just doesn't come out of the blue. There is no statue of limitations on child rape. Perhaps Yahoo still can be reached on this "incident" considering the Patriot Act and the stricter interpretation and warrantless wiretap laws now being enforced.

I know you won't tell the truth on this forum - as you denied being someone else - but you seem to have a few sympathetic ears on this list... I'd suggest you PM them or they you.

I'm not at all sympathetic to your cause but there is help available for your mental illness.

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

snow bunny

Re: snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

I thought this topic was deleted? Did you go to Kevin and beg him to bring it back up, just so you could have a chat with me? Seems like you might be the one obsessed with me. I only mentioned that incident because it had to do with protecting people's privacy online. Obviously, it wasn't a real threat considering I had no idea who the other person was, it was just someone in a fantasy baseball league, and the smack talk got carried away. Then, he told me who he was, when I didn't even ask, and he threatened me, and really wanted to "go to war." Usually someone will just have a post deleted and not call the cops over a message board post! In the end, I was in the right, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. You would have to get someone from the federal government involved, if you want to try to track someone down through a major internet company like yahoo. They are out there to protect us, and they take the responsibility very seriously.

I won't tell you who I really am, just because of the fact that I don't want psychos with guns (like you) to come hunt me down.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

snow bunny wrote:Long time ago I used to try to annoy people online, and one time it got out of hand. I got into an argument with this other guy, and midway through the argument, he said something about his wife just had a baby, so I said I was going to hunt him down and rape and kill his wife and newborn baby daughter, so he freaked out.
Looks like you succeeded. Why would you try to put the snow bunny on the endangered species list anyway???
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

All I have is a pellet gun, which I had to get to kill some squirrels that were annoying me. I haven't tried to shoot any of the snow bunnies I have seen, but I shot a fox and a raccoon, but I think I would have to shoot them in the eye to kill them. If I had a firearm, I'd probably shoot the bunny just to see it explode! I also might shoot the neighbor's dog that keeps coming over onto my property, it's just a little cat sized thing, but it shouldn't be barking at me (I actually almost shot that thing with the pellet gun too, but I thought better of starting a controversy up here.)
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

If I had a firearm, I'd probably shoot the bunny just to see it explode!
Talk about splitting hares...
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

LOL that's a good one!
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

snow bunny wrote: so I said I was going to hunt him down and rape and kill his wife and newborn baby daughter, so he freaked out.
snow bunny also wrote:If I had a firearm, I'd probably shoot the bunny just to see it explode! I also might shoot the neighbor's dog
Snow bunny, you are a gigantic asshole.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

DHodges wrote: Snow bunny, you are a gigantic asshole.
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

I suggest renaming Worldly Matters. I'll like us to call it Troll Garden.
Good Citizen Carl
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

Carl G wrote:I suggest renaming Worldly Matters. I'll like us to call it Troll Garden.
How 'bout, "Snow Bunny Droppings"?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

snow bunny wrote:I got into an argument with this other guy, and midway through the argument, he said something about his wife just had a baby, so I said I was going to hunt him down and rape and kill his wife and newborn baby daughter, so he freaked out. He posted his home address and dared me to come and try it.
Killer Bunny
snow bunny wrote:If I had a firearm, I'd probably shoot the bunny just to see it explode! I also might shoot the neighbor's dog that keeps coming over onto my property,
This does cause me some concern. There's a fine line between talking out of your hat (which I believe the first one was because you were angry) and having violent fantasies - which is what the second one looks like.

Believe it or not, you literally are, to some extent, what you think. Just thinking releases certain natural chemicals into your body. These chemicals have an effect on your health as well as your predisposition to future actions. I'm not one of the ones on here who believe that all emotions are bad, but I do believe that it is an important goal to judge what thoughts are good for us and to control our own thoughts.

In order to have control over our lives, we must first have control over our minds.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

No, I did actually almost shoot the dog. I wouldn't feel bad about it, but I don't want the confrontation that might occur if who's ever dog it was actually figured out who shot it. I don't need anymore legal problems, since I have put that behind me. If that dog is ever near me when it is nice and warm out, and I am outside. I will probably attack it in some way. I hate dogs. I hate little dogs. I hate big dogs. That is my property, and I will feel no guilt in killing some little dog, whether or not it has a dog collar. I would only feel guilty about killing a human, and I wouldn't do it unless it was him or me.
Elizabeth Isabelle

snow bunny wrote:If that dog is ever near me when it is nice and warm out, and I am outside. I will probably attack it in some way. I hate dogs.
No wonder the dog barks at you. You are the human, so you have the vast majority of the responsibility for what happens between you and the dog.

Why do you hate dogs?
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

I'm just not a dog person, I guess. I think dogs have too many rights, and they should be kept away from people, like other animals. I don't like the shedding hair, being licked, or piles of dog crap all over the place. There was that one story where some guy grabbed a dog from another car during a road rage incident and threw it into oncoming traffic, now that was funny! Too bad I think he did a couple years in jail for it!
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Snow bunny, you're disgusting.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Dog owners should dispose of their dog's droppings, and if you don't like being licked and the shedding bothers you, then you shouldn't own one - but I don't see the leap to where you actually hate them and would enjoy harm coming to them.

There are many positive uses for dogs - search and rescue, drug or bomb sniffing, and training people to have a better understanding of other life forms, just to name a few.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

After my sister and I moved out of our house, my little sister got a Golden Retriever dog, so I don't really hate them as much as I used to, since that one kind of grew on me. However, I do think that dogs have too many rights, and if a dog bites a human then it should immediately be put down. I do believe that humans are above animals, and it's not so much the injury to flesh I would worry about, but it more about the principle of, a dog has no thinking mind, so they don't deserve continued life if they injure a human being. All that is leaving out the more useful purposes for dogs, but that is secondary to how we view dogs in our culture, as pet animals.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Perhaps Canada has more lenient dog laws, but that's pretty much how it is in the United States. Even if someone breaks into a house with a dog in it and gets bitten during the commission of a crime, the dog is almost always euthanized, the owner must pay for the criminal's medical and can be sued for pain and suffering by the criminal unless the sign "Caution Bad Dog" with a picture of a dog with blood dripping from its mouth is posted around the property and is visible from every angle of entry into the yard.

Personally, I think that's going overboard.

and yes, it must say "Bad" - as if protecting the owner and the property is a bad thing.
snow bunny

Post by snow bunny »

So, should I shoot the little yappie dog with a pellet gun, or not? I haven't seen him in a few days, so maybe he learned not to come around here no more. What about the Micheal Vick thing? now that seemed unfair that he had to go to jail just for killing some dogs. I don't know what the laws are like, but I would say I'm the opposite of an animal rights activist, but maybe I would change my mind if I were watching dogs get tortured or somethin'.