An Example Of Double Think

Post questions or suggestions here.
Sharly_Li

An Example Of Double Think

Post by Sharly_Li »

I remember one time an eminent American Neocon (cant remember his name) publicly stated that America needs another 9/11 for the country to fully unite and fight the “enemy”

I think this statement alone may conform my suspicion that many Neocons (and/or others perhaps) may harbor a very Double Think perspective on 9/11. Consciously, they will say that 9/11 was an absolute tragedy and wished it never happened, but subconsciously there’s a latent sense of thrill and excitement with this idea of being victimized by a foreign enemy which in turn stimulates their patriotic ego, intensifying their sense of national identify.

Perhaps this could be one example of double think.
hsandman

Re: An Example Of Double Think

Post by hsandman »

Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Smedley Butler, Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Douglas McArthur, Feelix Frankfurter,John F Kennedy = conspiracy theorists.

"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."

-David Rockefeller

"The main purpose of the Council on Foreign Relations is promoting the disarmament of US. sovereignty and national independence and submergence into an all powerful, one world government".

-Chester Ward, Rear Admiral and former Navy Judge Advocate 1956 - 1960 and CFR member for 15 years

The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise power from behind the scenes.

-Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

"Countless people will hate the New World Order and will die protesting against it"

HG Wells, 1939

"Comrades, you will remember the ancient tale of the capture of Troy. . .The attacking army was unable to achieve victory until, with the aid of the famous Trojan Horse, it managed to penetrate to the very heart of the enemy camp."

George Dimitrov , the General Secretary of the Comintern (Communist International) speaking to the Seventh Meeting in August, 1935. Cited in Paul Johnson, Modern Times, (New York, 1983) p.323.
It's just a ride.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

There is no double think here. For these soul-less people in power war is a contact sport and it's always game day.

War is good for business. Enemies exist to be created and the public exists to be exploited. Errant ethical thoughts must be swept from one's mind or buried in the catacombs of the subconscious.

Sound like Aryan modus 1939? Yes, with technological improvements. Consequently a smoother ride to the gas chamber. That's what the anesthetic of mind control does.
Good Citizen Carl
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Sharly_Li wrote:I remember one time an eminent American Neocon (cant remember his name) publicly stated that America needs another 9/11 for the country to fully unite and fight the “enemy”

I think this statement alone may conform my suspicion that many Neocons (and/or others perhaps) may harbor a very Double Think perspective on 9/11. Consciously, they will say that 9/11 was an absolute tragedy and wished it never happened, but subconsciously there’s a latent sense of thrill and excitement with this idea of being victimized by a foreign enemy which in turn stimulates their patriotic ego, intensifying their sense of national identify.

Perhaps this could be one example of double think.
It's doublespeak by very single-minded people. There is no conscious/subconscious dichotomy in the average Neocon brain. The people you are talking about actually wish they had someone they knew die in the WTC, if they did not, to make their self-righteousness appear more like righteousness.
Perishable

Post by Perishable »

It is possible.
I believe this to be a tactic. It is a sort of recap on the past, so to speak.
If the soul strength of the American population increased against attack once attacked was exposed and satisfied it's damaged...and only then was the American Strength fully revealed...why not do it once more? Really. It might all just be adrenalin.

Similar to that of person and a tiger.
The tiger rests in the grass, minding the business of his own.
Subsisting amoung the human with his gaurd at a minimum level.
The person throws stones at the tiger.
The tiger becomes irratated and bound with rage of the molestation of his personal boundary...
His personal boundary of which is being harmed and attack.
Their for desire to defend and rise is increased and action takes place if the damaged is further pursued.
He was a Genius...