whats wrong with me?

Post questions or suggestions here.
DFBatosee

whats wrong with me?

Post by DFBatosee »

ok so i keep getting the "your retarded" thing from my friends because of the way i think. like when i see a liscense plate instead of seeing 5S6F9J or whatever i see a word or words....i would see ESFFJJ instead of 5S6F9J which would in my mind make a word of some kind. or i would see a mailbox that says 3756 on the side and i would see 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 because i will take each of the numbers and add them with other numbers that i made and get an entire sentence of just numbers. my school psychiatrist said that i probably have ADD or somthing but i dont think so because when i like something like chemistry i do good in it i have a 112 in my chemistry class and 26 in my math? my brain moves so fast it forgets to say words and i think i have said them and other people are your stupid that didnt make any sense at all? it makes it sound like im no completing thoughts but in my brain i am? does anybody know what im talking about? there are so many other wierd things i do but i cant even think of them....
DHodges

Re: whats wrong with me?

Post by DHodges »

DFBatosee wrote: my school psychiatrist said that i probably have ADD or somthing but i dont think so because when i like something like chemistry i do good in it i have a 112 in my chemistry class and 26 in my math?
What did you get in English?
TheSourceCode

Post by TheSourceCode »

Have you been involved in any criminal activities recently? (It would explain why you'd be noticing and trying to remember license plates).
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

I don't know how old you are but you sound young and fairly bright and normal. An active mind plays with concepts like numbers and makes work for itself. It sounds like exercising more than analyzing, which is not abnormal by any means. You probably do have ADD, but again, that's such a recently identified "condition" it's hard to tell if it's pathologogical or not.

You've probably guessed I do that kind of thing, too, mostly when I'm bored.

BTW, try not to end all your sentences with a question mark. I don't know your gender, but if you speak like you write, you sound like a teenage girl. Which if you are one, is fine. Annoying, but fine. But the sentences come across as neither interrogative nor declarative and that's a flaw in communication.

Also, you are not e. e. cummings. Capitalize the first person singular pronoun. It's distracting when someone misspells a one-letter word. Even if you have a poor self-image, you don't want to seem like you do. If you don't, other people will start to think you do and not take you seriously.

Psychiatrists can be intrusive to a young mind. Do you really need someone focusing your attention inwardly on your mental habits when you are at an age where people do that excessively in the first place?

Everything I've noted here is fairly trivial. You sound fine, IYAM. Sic your mind on more practical things.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

DFBatosee,

Firstly, playing too much Rune will send anyone batshit crazy, but on a more serious note you might want to run through this list and see how may of these you tick off:

http://www.dyslexia.uk.com/page31.html
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Unless you are just letting your mind go loose for creativity, my two guesses are either you're on drugs or showing signs of schizophrenia.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Sounds like Autism to me. You can live a fairly normal life with autism, and it sound also like you have a gift that you have not yet discovered.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

brokenhead said,
BTW, try not to end all your sentences with a question mark. I don't know your gender, but if you speak like you write, you sound like a teenage girl. Which if you are one, is fine. Annoying, but fine.
Absolutely hilarious!

I agree with Pincho. She is probably autistic. I am in part autistic and so is my daughter. It's bad, but there are worse things.

-
DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

As for the English grade i have a 103 and i love literature and reading

no criminal records =] or drugs

brokenhead(you are probably one of my favorite if not my favorite person on this forum, therefore respect your word highly)
I'm 18 and a senior
I don't intend to not capitalize stuff its just a really bad habit
I am a guy, the question marks were intended to put an emphasis on my confusion but now that I look at it I notice it does look very girl-like.
I may be fine but everyone else doesn't think so, the speech thing I still find strange ill mix up normal words like a bail of hay and ill say hail of bay because my mouth wont move fast enough and my brain is trippin balls tryin make me seem dumb...or so it seems.
DFBatosee,

Firstly, playing too much Rune will send anyone batshit crazy, but on a more serious note you might want to run through this list and see how may of these you tick off:

I don't have a clue what "rune" is and I'm not dyslexic if your implying that, I only say the because it says "www.dyslexia.uk.com" just assuming.

once again no drugs and I don't think I'm schizophrenic.

I don't think I have autism either, in fact I'm almost positive.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

If you are so sure about not having any of the disorders suggested by us, then you must know what you do have.
DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

Shahrazad wrote:If you are so sure about not having any of the disorders suggested by us, then you must know what you do have.

....negatory....I would not have posted this if I did
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

I may be fine but everyone else doesn't think so, the speech thing I still find strange ill mix up normal words like a bail of hay and ill say hail of bay because my mouth wont move fast enough and my brain is trippin balls tryin make me seem dumb...or so it seems.
Someone told you that the spoonerism thing ("hail of bay") is abnormal? Or do you just hear yourself and get embarrassed? It's not your fault you think faster than some other people. I actually remember when I became aware that I was thinking before speaking and doing it effectively and consistently. I was 25. Don't be too hard on yourself. When I fuck up like that, I just go with it because it does sound really funny sometimes. Like if I mistakenly were to say, "It's been a preasure..." I would make sure I emphasized "...and a plivilege to meet you."
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

DFBatosee wrote:
DFBatosee,

I don't have a clue what "rune" is
So, your email address - runefan11@******.com - was a coincidental distribution of letters, then?
and I'm not dyslexic if your implying that, I only say the because it says "www.dyslexia.uk.com" just assuming.
So you didn't bother to read through the list of things that can suggest dyslexia. Ok, whatever; presumably you know you're not dyslexic.
DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

Dan Rowden wrote:
DFBatosee wrote:
DFBatosee,

I don't have a clue what "rune" is
So, your email address - runefan11@******.com - was a coincidental distribution of letters, then?
and I'm not dyslexic if your implying that, I only say the because it says "www.dyslexia.uk.com" just assuming.
So you didn't bother to read through the list of things that can suggest dyslexia. Ok, whatever; presumably you know you're not dyslexic.

The email thing is because i made it when i was 11..... that was 7 years ago.....and yes im positive im not dyslexic
DFBatosee

Post by DFBatosee »

brokenhead wrote:
Someone told you that the spoonerism thing ("hail of bay") is abnormal? Or do you just hear yourself and get embarrassed? It's not your fault you think faster than some other people. I actually remember when I became aware that I was thinking before speaking and doing it effectively and consistently. I was 25. Don't be too hard on yourself. When I fuck up like that, I just go with it because it does sound really funny sometimes. Like if I mistakenly were to say, "It's been a preasure..." I would make sure I emphasized "...and a plivilege to meet you."

Oh OK I see thats not that bad i just thought i was like the only person who did it. =)