The Psychopath Test

Post questions or suggestions here.
hsandman

Re: The Psychopath Test

Post by hsandman »

My understanding is that you're not supposed to tell people that the test has anything to do with psychopathy because then some people try to figure out what a psychopath would answer rather than just spontaneously answering like a psychopath because they really do think that way.
I, agree the knowlidge that you had to think like psychopath made me to come up with lots of "trivial reasons" answers, but the answer.. that is realy something else - cold logic. :-(
It's just a ride.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

I couldn't get it, but I MSN'd it to someone who got it instantly. Then she posted it in the Teens forum on nexopia, and everyone got it right away.

But teenagers are, generally speaking, maladjusted psychopaths. It should come as no surprise.
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

I'm noticing a correlation between the geniuses here and not being able to answer this question.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Yes, sane people often underestimate how deluded others can be. Potential sex with a stranger does not strike me as enough of a motive to kill a family member.
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Yes, sane people often underestimate how deluded others can be. Potential sex with a stranger does not strike me as enough of a motive to kill a family member.
You have unhealthy emotional attachments to your family members Trevor. *tisk tisk*
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Yeah, and also not enough attachment to sex.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

After some few moments of mulling this over, i came up with that he was her real dad...

Tomas

Last edited by Tomas on Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

I couldn't figure it out. Someone I was talking to in chat got it right, though. Yikes!

And I agree that the way this supposedly determines "psychopathic" thinking is that it requires the idea of killing someone for personal gain to occur to the respondent. That said, I think such a test is almost certainly nonsense. You'd obviously need far stricter criteria to make such a diagnosis in a meaningful way.

Plus, I think she's kind of a psycho herself, picking up hot dates at her own mother's funeral. LOL.
I live in a tub.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Pye wrote:Is Wednesday/Wodan something to do with Mercury?
No. You are aligning concepts in the wrong direction. You got the correct idea, but you are running the wrong way with it. :)
Forethought Venus Wednesday
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Unidian wrote:And I agree that the way this supposedly determines "psychopathic" thinking is that it requires the idea of killing someone for personal gain to occur to the respondent. That said, I think such a test is almost certainly nonsense. You'd obviously need far stricter criteria to make such a diagnosis in a meaningful way.
Oh, absolutely -- such a test is not enough to make a diagnosis, nowhere near. However, IMO it's a red flag, kinda like torturing animals for example.
Boyan

Post by Boyan »

I didn't gave it much thought, and didn't guessed. That thing could pass like an extremely black humor joke.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Potential sex with a stranger does not strike me as enough of a motive to kill a family member.
It wouldn't be about the sex for her. It would be about feeling the emotional wonderland that she was put into by him.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Skipair knows something about women.
Pye

Post by Pye »

vicdan writes:
No. You are aligning concepts in the wrong direction. You got the correct idea, but you are running the wrong way with it. :)
Well, I wasn't going to head toward Mercury so I could line up planets, but rather pick up on commerce or fertility or messenger motifs (perhaps the hunt, the sky . . . ) from either of these gods (Wotan/Mercury), then maybe put them somewhere with love and reason.

Of course, you could just tell us what you're 'all about,' but I think your posts are managing this just fine.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

hehe. You are taking Odin towards the planet idea, and you should be taking Venus towards god idea. Venus is both the key and the wall. You already used the key... now it's blocking you.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I didn't get it and have seen it some time before. The two things I thought of were a) her sister got his phone number and went on a hidden date, so the murdurer was jealous or b) she found out the dude was the actually the father of her sister, but not her father, so she killed her sister, hoping not to get caught and for people not to find out he was her father, with the expectation she'd be able to find out later who the dude was, and date him without there being any sort of "community disgust" with dating her sisters father. The latter doesn't make much sense, or is kind of psychopathic anyway.

His missus only allows him sex on Wednesday, or perhaps he is thinking of some fella he fancies who works at his Uni on wednesdays.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Jamesh wrote: His missus only allows him sex on Wednesday, or perhaps he is thinking of some fella he fancies who works at his Uni on wednesdays.
that would be the brick wall striking again...
-Katy
Nick

Post by Nick »

I asked 18 people at work today the question. Only 6 got it right. The scary thing is, is all six people who got it right work in the same department as me...
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

I didn't get the answer, and looked at the answer. Being as the answer is actually an illogical action, it would be unlikely that a logical person would get the answer...IMO.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Pincho Paxton wrote:I didn't get the answer, and looked at the answer. Being as the answer is actually an illogical action, it would be unlikely that a logical person would get the answer...IMO.
It is logical pincho, but you would need to connect in your mind, that [a small chance of this man showing up at your relatives funeral is worth killing your sibling over .]

Which while logical on the surface, goes against the genetic selfishness, thus this action seems on deeper level = illogical. Psychos seem to be missing that point.
So, according to Hamilton’s rule, altruistic behavior is fundamentally selfish and, therefore, does not contradict evolution’s doctrine concerning survival of the fittest. An altruistic organism is merely a pawn in a genetic chess game in which opposing gene-gangs compete for domination. So, whether its a stinging bee, an infertile naked mole-rat, a governmental welfare program, or a human being donating time and money to good causes or those in need, Darwin can rest in peace, knowing there is a perfectly selfish explanation.

Such an explanation, whether true or not, seems rather cynical in relegating our highest aspirations toward love, hope, and peace to the byproducts of genetic selfishness. It is also disturbing to the ego, another genetic byproduct, by suggesting it is merely a slave to genetic gang warfare—that its motives are not purely its own, but manipulated by an unseen agent. Nevertheless, as Dawkins argues, "My own feeling is that a human society based simply on the gene’s law of universal ruthless selfishness would be a very nasty society in which to live. But unfortunately, however much we may deplore something, it does not stop it being true."5
There is a interesting article in thejewish magazinetha I am reading now. Hmm...
Last edited by hsandman on Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a ride.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Anyway, it made me think that there are other ways to see the universe. Government may be able to sqeeze the logical answer from this, but worse still.. the universe itself might see a benefit from the bad answer. Which makes us more than dispensible.
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

Pincho Paxton wrote: the universe itself might see a benefit from the bad answer. Which makes us more than dispensible.
Guess, If that can be the case then ,that's why the old adage: "Truth hurts." rings so true sometimes.

I think cooperation and symbiosis is the answer, not parasitic existence which ultimately usually leads to parasite and host dieing together. Maybe that is cosmic reason of life, to find out which prevails? A endless struggle of life vs. entropy?
Last edited by hsandman on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's just a ride.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

vicdan wrote:Forethought Venus Wednesday
"I value visionary thinking directed towards scientific goals, but I also like to remain rooted in normal human life".

-
hsandman

Post by hsandman »

David Quinn wrote:
vicdan wrote:Forethought Venus Wednesday
"I value visionary thinking directed towards scientific goals, but I also like to remain rooted in normal human life".

-
Is that what he wrote? lol, how fitting! :-D

Is this from anywhere here? cozy place under the bridge.
It's just a ride.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

David Quinn wrote:"I value visionary thinking directed towards scientific goals, but I also like to remain rooted in normal human life".
No. Try to decipher it first, and only then interpret it. It's a philosophical and mythological puzzle.