Are Blacks Inferior to Whites?

Post questions or suggestions here.
maestro

Are Blacks Inferior to Whites?

Post by maestro »

Since the dangerous thinkers here do not care about political correctness, do they agree with this statement?

Now you say that women are inferior since no great philosopher has been a woman, and very few have been great artists or scientists, and of course one would be hard pressed to find women being interested, or talking about the higher/transcendental or abstract.

The same argument can be applied to the blacks, No great philosopher few artists scientists and the lack of interest in higher/transcendental or abstract, (empirically that is).

Now the question is whether this is due to culture/conditioning or inherent deficiency.
Trevor Salyzyn

Re: Are Blacks Inferior to Whites?

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

It's not a statement; it's a question.

In my experience, I have seen no difference in philosophic ability based on race. The sparsity of philosophy from Africa does not seem unusual, considering the uniqueness of the phenomenon in Europe and elsewhere. Most philosophers worth speaking of come from only a handful of countries: Greece, China, Germany, England, and India.

If dark-skinned males had been born into these cultures, there is no reason to assume that they would not have been as philosophic as any other males. Women, however, were immersed in these paradigm shifts, and yet did not perform at all.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

maestro wrote:Now the question is whether this is due to culture/conditioning or inherent deficiency.
That's the big question. My guess is that it's more cultural than it is in the case of women. Africa was for a long time relatively isolated from cultural stimulation.

In the US the blacks seem to have developed an identity to contrast themselves from the whites - which is a natural thing - and that seems to have entailed a steering-clear of intellectual pursuits. But that doesn't mean they can't do it.

We ourselves hailed from Africa, if the scientists are right.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

I would say without doubt they are inferior in their average ability to understand philosophies of reality.

I regard blacks as more attuned to emotions than other less personal forms of knowledge. For a Oz whitey like me it was suffering that lead me to take an interest in philosophy, yet a greater percentage of blacks have suffered from their situations than the percentage of whites have in recent decades, and all they have produced from this suffering in terms of originality is blues and self-pitying rap music, and cool forms of expression - these things are emotional based products of endeavour, and lack an understanding of philosophies of reality which require one to assess ideas in a completely non-personal way. Those blacks who are into philosophy tend to stick to humanity type philosophies.

Whether this is partly genetic, I simply don't know. It is possible that in a 100 years there will be no difference, but there is now, and there are no signs this is changing.

Perhaps the search for "wordsmith originality" in rap music will lead to an interest in non-emotional reality.
Here are some rap lyrics (white). Just posting them to show you that rap is becoming more and more philosophical.

In life, we struggle as individuals,
A fine line between a cliché saying and something original,
As if in death we left something residual,
Behind to mark our time up in this pitiful,
Existence and I’m a man of many issues,
If I ever dissed you, no disrespect I never wished to,
Hold a grudge the stress makes me act like this,
The day I get it off my chest I won’t write tracks like this,
But I’ll be bitter on them when all is done and is forgotten,
Cos it’s easier to sit and complain than fix the problem,
But the power of speech empowers our beliefs,
With sour defeats, man nothing is out of reach,
Got plenty to answer for, all do is answered back,
Done a thousand things I regret, apologize for none of that,
So you get back what you put in no regrets,
And keep on until they know your sweat, you only get.

Chorus
One chance, so I live for the moment,
I’m just one man what I wouldn’t give for this moment,
We got one world; still we take it in stride,
In this one life we stand still waiting to die,
One chance, so I live for the moment,
I’m just one man what I wouldn’t give for this moment,
We got one world; still we take it in stride,
In this one life we stand still waiting to die.

Verse 2 – Pressure
Now if life is what you make it it’s time to build,
Man I’m for real aint no telling what this life will yield,
I’m a career man, cos I career off any path,
That would lead me to a start of financial gains I’m scarred,
We learn from our mistakes, that makes me a scholar on,
Being a walking talking fuck up and a better man for being wrong,
I’m humble and loyal, my friendships are honored,
A mans success aint measured by the depths of his pocket,
I give good advice but never follow it, what’s left for me?
I’m a hypocrite and if I weren’t I’d be a success story,
View this wide world through a narrow gaze, these harrowed days,
Seen to many men end in a shallow grave,
I guess it’s better to have loved and to lost, than never stumbled across,
The gift of knowing you what ever the fucking cost,
To put it in perspective and under my vision,
This world is superficial; I’m done with others opinions.

Verse One – Pressure
I once had time on my hands, but now handling time,
Is coping with this life cycle and the mandatory grind,
My sanity’s fine, just falling short of stamina I’m,
Searching for some food for thought to feed this famine of mind,
And when I’m stagnant I rhyme, it helps the night turn to day,
I churn my way through this nine to five and urban decay,
Believe me it’s bleak, and though the city’s breaths in its sleep,
It’s just a paddock, ain’t no where a shepherds leading these sheep,
Now most prefer it covered up lie than the truth naked,
The truth is ugly like cellulite; please don’t publicly parade it,
I hate it but to escape it would be luck on fluke,
I feel like I’m a dope beat but I’m stuck on loop,
But that’s my life cycle; freedom means everything to me,
And face value’s got us believing everything we see,
So if our eyes tell us lies the truth is we’re blind,
So keep on walking straight and narrow down illusionary lines.

Verse Two – Pressure
I once had respect for this game, but now this game of respect,
Is sold to the highest bidder with some fame and a cheque,
Now any layman can get respect without breaking his neck,
Paying dues, time these crews started paying some debt,
It ain’t lights and cameras, personalities on set,
Distorting realities in their context,
With no originality concepts,
Who gives a fuck about a salary; this ain’t a popularity contest,
Cos hip hop ain’t faking for ends,
Hip-hop ain’t fading with trends,
It ain’t rich kids playing with pens,
It ain’t the clothes on your back, or the label on them,
It’s where you’re at, so I say it again,
It’s just my life cycle; music means everything to me,
It’s just a fashion show, nah; don’t believe everything you see,
Cos if our eyes tell us lies the truth is we’re blind,
So keep on walking straight and narrow down illusionary lines.

Verse Three – Pressure
That’s just my life cycle, nothing matters but setting me free,
Because my freedom and hip hop be meaning everything to me,
Now face values and fashions empower everything we be,
Believing everything we hear, and everything we see,
So if our eyes tell us lies, then we usually find,
Our visions cluttered by this scutter so the truth is we’re blind,
It’s just poison food for thought for these dillusionary minds,
So stop walking straight and narrow down illusionary lines.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

I don't think the word "inferior" is the right one to utilise, but won't elaborate on that train of thought too much. I mean, to say that someone is INFERIOR because they don't write philosophy or paint like Rembrandt is slightly strange. So maybe they are not developed enough, but does that make them INFERIOR? Personally, if someone calls ME inferior, I would say that I have a right to call THEM inferior, but in general even retards should not be called "inferior", they are just as important as geniuses, because they did not make themselves and didn't call ME inferior.

Now, second point. Africans have always had types of culture. Small scale. So they did not go around colonising everyone and getting into their faces saying they are better and wonderful. They have tribal wisdom in the form of oral traditions that I think qualifies as a type of philosophy, they were maybe wiser in the sense that they did not expect their wisdom to become the universal standard. They had enough of philosophy to sustain THEMSELVES, maybe not consciously wishing for that but ending up with it. Plus, how many philosophical geniuses have I come across that have no concept of what they are actually talking about? Words, words, words. The Africans LIVED more than they THOUGHT and INTERFERED. How many philosophers today walk in circles ( fcking crop circles [ my apologies the person who made those may just be browsing these forums ] ) and dwell in misery for it, and sow misery for it? Nietzsche? the fractured mind, the broken heart? What I am saying is that maybe they just accepted stuff a little more and didn't dewll on it too much to get insanity.

Plus they had military geniuses like the Zulu etc, that in effect used philosophy to an extent. And remember, Western geniuses were more widely known of because Europe had broader communication systems etc.

I'm not trying to make any race seem better or worse here, both have their issues. African slave trade: Asians, Europeans AND Africans all running around capturing black people. There, my dears, we actually came to see how similar black and white and even yellow people are when it comes to economic rivalry and exploitation. How peculiarly similar...Even the abolision of the slave trade was jammed with economic factors, and of course the scramble for Africa followed shortly after the liberation of the slaves. Ha!! They took their people and then they took their land!! But everyone was so guilty in that slavery business, it's actually hilarious. So you know what? I think everyone should just give each other a break and drink coffee.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Kevin Solway wrote:My guess is that it's more cultural than it is in the case of women. Africa was for a long time relatively isolated from cultural stimulation.
Agreeing on the cultural, but wondering if it isn't also just a different kind of wisdom - like with women.

Basis for agreeing on cultural - "northern blacks" - dark skinned people usually of African descent who were raised in the northeast US, and military brat blacks, are more likely to have strength in intellectual pursuits than southern blacks - dark skinned people usually of African descent who were raised in the southeast US. Beyond that, Haitian blacks in portions of the southeast US often seems wiser than African descent southern blacks, particularly in the area of emotional wisdom. There is still a regional difference though, and it could well be linked to the regional differences in the amount of prejudice that blacks of various skin tones display against each other.

One strange difference I am picking up on is that it seems like black people more often get exponentially wiser as they age, but white people seem to stay more stagnant, or even decline. It's really rare to see a black person get less wise as they get older.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Kevin wrote:
My guess is that it's more cultural than it is in the case of women. Africa was for a long time relatively isolated from cultural stimulation.

In the US the blacks seem to have developed an identity to contrast themselves from the whites - which is a natural thing - and that seems to have entailed a steering-clear of intellectual pursuits. But that doesn't mean they can't do it.

We ourselves hailed from Africa, if the scientists are right.
It seems like the first manifestation of homo sapiens is more emotional in nature, and this is the truth with blacks. They are the first breed of humans, which evolved in environments that lacked the same degree of pressure as farther north. Generally, whites are better with science, language and philosophy because neurologically, their brains had more pressure from the environment to survive the winter, and so the cortex grew in complexity to the pressure. Blacks could survive easier in the tropics by constantly hunting and gathering. Their pattern didn’t change as much, it didn’t need to, the environment didn’t call for it, whereas white settlers had many more obstacles to overcome.

If the black's lack of creativity was culturally caused, blacks would be able to thrive in western democracies, but most of them usually live in poverty neighborhoods doing many of the jobs that are considered ‘low intelligence’. Bottom rung construction jobs and janitor positions are usually taken by the black community, and this isn’t some sort of conspiracy against them by whites. Most of them simply lack the intellectual power to do other demanding jobs.

In the history of Canada, all sorts of European types of people and blacks immigrated into Halifax. And most of the Europeans were able to adapt to western working environments without any problems, but the blacks had a difficult time, large scores ended up in a shanty town nick named "Africville", which they build near the edge of the harbour in the heart of the city, but the government was forced to make the difficult decision to have the community bulldozed because it was a health and safety hazard for the people of Halifax. Those blacks were forced into the outskirts of the city in a community called North Preston, which is still very poverty stricken today.

Jamesh wrote:
and all they have produced from this suffering in terms of originality is blues and self-pitying rap music, and cool forms of expression - these things are emotional based products of endeavour, and lack an understanding of philosophies of reality which require one to assess ideas in a completely non-personal way. Those blacks who are into philosophy tend to stick to humanity type philosophies.
Yes exactly, blacks make much better entertainers and athletes than philosophers. When I went to Cuba, and lived with some Cubans, some of white Cubans wanted to discuss politics and philosophy with me, whereas the dark black Cubans wanted to play baseball, and wanted to sing and dance with me. They were great fun at the time, but with my present maturity, I wouldn't be as interested. Blacks live much more in the immediate like many women do, therefore they have no need for any sort of intellectual understanding.

I once had a girlfriend many years ago that was half black, and I had a dinner with their family, but the way they communicated was a little bizarre, they used a lot slang and bad english, and everything was an emotional joke, but an inside joke that only the family could understand. I felt very alien and perturbed by the whole experience.

Hunted wrote:
They have tribal wisdom in the form of oral traditions that I think qualifies as a type of philosophy.
Tribal behavior is rooted in emotional intuition, not wisdom. It leads to strife and conflict with other tribes, I wouldn’t call it a type of philosophy because it doesn’t involve any sort of deep understanding in the way things are.

Hunted wrote:
The Africans LIVED more than they THOUGHT and INTERFERED.
Groups of cows do the same thing, nature is unforgiving, and interfering is the only way to improve the state of things, to make less friction in the world.

An interesting development in western culture is how white women are having babies with black men, and I suspect that this could be helping to improve the genepool because most of the black intellectuals have interracial parents, so perhaps the white woman’s genes are giving the baby the foundation it needs to be better with language, abstract thinking, and less emotional, which are the blacks biggest weaknesses.

Elizabeth wrote:
It's really rare to see a black person get less wise as they get older.
They may become more intuitive, but this is not wisdom. They still lack any sort of complex intellectual understanding about the way things are.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan Rudolph wrote:An interesting development in western culture is how white women are having babies with black men, and I suspect that this could be helping to improve the genepool because most of the black intellectuals have interracial parents, so perhaps the white woman’s genes are giving the baby the foundation it needs to be better with language, abstract thinking, and less emotional, which are the blacks biggest weaknesses.
Most African-American blacks have some white genetics in them, left over from when slave master men would impregnate some of the black women slaves, but I don't think American blacks are genetically superior to blacks of other lineage.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-tomas-
I'm sure daybrown will have his comments in due course :-)

-mojo-
maestro - Since the dangerous thinkers here do not care about political correctness, do they agree with this statement?

-tomas-
Only in America do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Greek meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'

-mojo-
Now you say that women are inferior since no great philosopher has been a woman, and very few have been great artists or scientists, and of course one would be hard pressed to find women being interested, or talking about the higher/transcendental or abstract.

-tomas-
Albert Einstein comes to mind as being the ultimate ripoff of the female talents. So many of his postums (usurpations) came from his wife. She was left off most of of his "works" tho she she did the heavy thinking and he received the "credit" in the history books and his papers...

-mojo-
The same argument can be applied to the blacks, No great philosopher few artists scientists and the lack of interest in higher/transcendental or abstract, (empirically that is).

-tomas-
What cultures [sic] were in Africa Proper before the Euro white man pillaging invasions of (their) continent can only be surmised perhaps by going to the Vatican library vaults and having a look-see. Another, perhaps, of the English in their vaults of past raids on intellectual properties of northern Africa. France also comes to mind as being Raiders Of The Lost Ark... Portugal, Germany, Spain.

Thieves, the lot of "them". Prime example being that NATO is now setting up an African command to steal the African oil reserves (timber too) and to make it 'their world' orbit. Why NATO? - because Europe Proper has no oil reserves of any great quantity - who better to demonize than Iran (25% of world's natural gas reserves) - to keep the commoner's eye off the real prize? - Africa. Deep water ports are being constructed by the cheap, Chinese labor market. All these tiny, artificially-drawn maps of Africa drawn up by the fiefdoms of century-ago mapmakers (aristocracy intermarriage) of European powers-that-be and still-are to this day.

-mojo-
Now the question is whether this is due to culture/conditioning or inherent deficiency.

-tomas-
Fight The Power!

In other words, the white man IS the devil Incarnate...

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Fee Mason

Last edited by Tomas on Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth wrote:
Most African-American blacks have some white genetics in them, left over from when slave master men would impregnate some of the black women slaves, but I don't think American blacks are genetically superior to blacks of other lineage.
It would be a small percentage probably. Less than 20% in the genome, and it is questionable whether it is enough to make a difference. Many interracial slaves were killed by the order of jealous white wives, and many of those who survived would have later bred with blacks down the generation line reducing the amount of white genetic material in their genome.

However, suppose there is genetic inferiority between certain races, that does not mean that blacks are ultimately doomed forever. Blacks are continuously being challenged with intellectual pressure in western society. Moreover, the environmental affects of technology on the black psyche is probably going to improve their language abilities and abstract thinking abilities over the long term.

Consider the psychological impact of the internet, how easy it is now for humans to expand their language abilities, and find information. Having humans being exposed to this sort of resource for a long time could change the genetic structure itself.

So I’m optimistic in this regard, but I still suspect that there are genetic advantages and disadvantages present between races and genders as far as enlightenment is concerned, but these blueprints are not fixed, they seem to be able to be changed over time by the right sort of environmental pressure.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan Rudolph wrote:It would be a small percentage probably. Less than 20% in the genome
Well, you were closer to right than I was. Shame on me for posting before verifying my facts.

link
About 30% of black Americans who take DNA tests to determine their African lineage prove to be descended from Europeans on their father's side,
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Liz Isa,
One strange difference I am picking up on is that it seems like black people more often get exponentially wiser as they age, but white people seem to stay more stagnant, or even decline.
I've noticed that too.
Anyway, I just plain like black people. Espcially Africans. Nothing more lovely, more exicting than the emotional energy and vibrant loving joyful life connection of the Afrcan. I can see it in their faces from a distance when they are African and not American blacks. They vibate like high tension wires.

American blacks have the same thing in a diluted form. You have to be in the presence of a group of blacks, probably a family, who love each other and are enjoying one another's company, which is a rare privilege for a white person. Then you can feel it. Whites don't have that, poor poverty stricken slobs.
Truth is a pathless land.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Iolaus wrote:
Anyway, I just plain like black people. Espcially Africans. Nothing more lovely, more exicting than the emotional energy and vibrant loving joyful life connection of the Afrcan. I can see it in their faces from a distance when they are African and not American blacks. They vibate like high tension wires.

American blacks have the same thing in a diluted form. You have to be in the presence of a group of blacks, probably a family, who love each other and are enjoying one another's company, which is a rare privilege for a white person. Then you can feel it. Whites don't have that, poor poverty stricken slobs.
Oh barf….
Elizabeth Isabelle

Iolaus wrote:You have to be in the presence of a group of blacks, probably a family, who love each other and are enjoying one another's company, which is a rare privilege for a white person.
The most beautiful funeral I have ever been to was a black funeral. The outpouring of love, support for the remaining family, and closure to the life of the departed was beautiful. White funerals either seem like duty or vulture festivals for widows.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Elizabeth wrote:
The most beautiful funeral I have ever been to was a black funeral. The outpouring of love, support for the remaining family, and closure to the life of the departed was beautiful. White funerals either seem like duty or vulture festivals for widows.
Oh barf…

I think a society of sages would do away with the funeral ceremony, the whole tradition is too excessive, emotional and dishonest. I think dead bodies should just be picked up by garbage trucks at the end of your driveway, and they could just dump the bodies in the landfill with all the other trash. At least it gives the seagulls, crows, and rats something to eat. And to lessen the burden on those one lives with, when you feel yourself dying, you could just walk to the end of your driveway, lay down on the side of the road next to the trash cans and wait for death...
Elizabeth Isabelle

Ryan Rudolph wrote:I think dead bodies should just be picked up by garbage trucks at the end of your driveway, and they could just dump the bodies in the landfill with all the other trash. At least it gives the seagulls, crows, and rats something to eat. And to lessen the burden on those one lives with, when you feel yourself dying, you could just walk to the end of your driveway, lay down on the side of the road next to the trash cans and wait for death...
Reminds me of this.

Actually, a society of sages would donate their organs and donate their bodies to science.
Ryan Rudolph wrote:I think a society of sages would do away with the funeral ceremony
Yes. If there is no emotional need for a funeral, it is a waste of resources to have one.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Black people are "inferior" to whites not because it is in their genetic make up but because they havent had the same oportunities as everyone else.
Civilisations do not just appear because the people inventing them are necessarily high in intelligence. If you care to study how the first civilisations were formed you will see that they all have something in commom.
Firstly they are on fertile land that had rivers to guarantee the success of crops and also that the people developing the civilisation were protected from other people by deserts or other barriers. The first point should be obvious as it would mean that with food guaranteed the civilisers would be free to involving themselves in other persuites such as making inventions and working on things that they previously had no time to do because they were too busy just trying to survive.
The second point would be that whatever the civilisers devoloped would not be easily taken from them by raiders so they would always be developing further instead of restarting every now and then as the black people who practised shift cultivation did.

If we are to do a search on a map to see where these two conditons are met we will see that there is egypt , iraq , the indus valley and the hwang ho river in china. All places where there is a river (guaranteed crops) running through a desert (protection from raiders).

Three of those places were occupied by caucasians while the last by the mongoloids.Another place to consider is the South american civilisations .For the inca civilisation ,it started on the coastal side of modern day peru . The civilisers were protected from raiders by having a virtualy impenetrable mountain range on the east and an ocean on the west . They did not need a river to guarantee crops because of the high amount of rains this part of the world receives.The Olmec civilisation in north america began in the waist of the americas so they were protected from raiders because of that ,and they also received high rainfall.

It is clear that the only reason that black people did not invent any civilisation is because there was no place in the area they coverd where these two conditions could be met. As a collory to that the is the point of the relative numbers of people that each race had . Black people are by far the smallest race numericaly. For example they are more than twice as many caucasians in india than there are black people , and thats just in India alone . If someone was to throw an acheivement onto this world it would be less likely to hit a black person than any one else.

When the sumerian civilisation had been around for 3 000 years they could have pointed to britain and concluded that no great mathematician , philosopher or thinker had ever come from there and that they were mentally less able than them . They would have used their lack of invention as proof just as you are using the lack of inventions by black people as proof that they can not do anything.Europeans have been civilised for almost 3 000 years and have proven themselves well. Most black people have been civilised for only 200 years . You were given time to prove yourselves why cant we be given the same?

This was just a quick post and i dont know if i will be able to reply to any of your quiries because i do not have access to the internet most of the time.
Thank you
Elizabeth Isabelle

chikoka wrote:Black people are "inferior" to whites not because it is in their genetic make up but because they havent had the same oportunities as everyone else.
Do you really believe that what white civilization considers advancements is the gold standard of what is advanced? When America was first colonized, the saying amongst American Indians was "white man speak with forked tongue." I'm rushing to post this because you said you might not be back for awhile, and I see you are here now, so I don't have time to get the references on this one - but ancient cultures basically considered the white race to be the rudest, most boorish, unethical race there was. There are other kinds of wisdom than what whites espouse.
Last edited by Elizabeth Isabelle on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:ut ancient cultures basically considered the white race to be the rudest, most boorish, unethical race there was. There are other kinds of wisdom than what whites espouse.
My point was not that white culture was necessarilly the gold standard but that Whatever white culture shows about them could show up in other races who do not posses this culture.

Basicaly what i am saying is that culture (any culture) is softwired and not hardwired.
Elizabeth Isabelle

chikoka wrote: Basicaly what i am saying is that culture (any culture) is softwired and not hardwired.
This is true.

What I want to make sure you understand that I'm pointing out is that there could have been great black philosophers who never wrote a thing down. Some of it may have been lost, or some of it may have been appropriated by whites. As an example, it is highly probable that Jesus was not Caucasian, yet this forum considers him a great philosopher.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

here is an interesting article that highlights some of the main points of the genetics vs. culture argument - although it favors the genetics side over culture when it comes to race differences.

http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/node/7669
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

There's a lot of interesting stuff there.

There's absolutely no reason why differences between races should be only cultural, so it's wrong to assume that the differences are only cultural.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

Kevin Solway wrote:There's absolutely no reason why differences between races should be only cultural, so it's wrong to assume that the differences are only cultural.
You missed the whole point.
I am not saying there is or is not any genetic differences in intelligence between black and white people.
All i am saying is , do not say that the lack of any known philosopher who was black means that black people can not be great thinkers.
If there is evidence use that and don't make references to the fact that there are historically few black philosophers.I have explained why.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

There's absolutely no reason why differences between races should be only cultural, so it's wrong to assume that the differences are only cultural.
What interests me, as a believer in Lamarckian evolution theory - a theory completely discredited by the controlling neo-darwinists in science today - is just how rapidly culture can change a groups average IQ? Perhaps it is just "wishful thinking" but something in me thinks they will kind of catch up*. The manner in which Asians adapt to the development of technology austounds me, many of whom are directly or only a generation or two removed from somewhat organisationally simple cultures, peasant life.

* kind of...because if whites/asians deal with complexity far more frequently, as they do now, then their IQ's may advance at faster rates, so the blacks will never catch up, and without the high IQ's and non-emotional discipline, the black group in general will always remain the lowest valued group of humans. More or less the same applies to South Americans and Arabs.
Perhaps however, the dumbing down of whites that wealth and collectivism and the resulting lack of suffering, is bringing into play will mean that they do have an opportunity to catch up. This is what I am expecting from the North Asians - if Asians don't become the new Whites at the top of the roost, then I would be suprised (though I'll be dead by then).

This is crap post, but what the hell I'll post it anyway.
BMcGilly07

Post by BMcGilly07 »

Ryan,

Thanks for posting that link, it hits the nail on the head. I have long thought that the pressures of dealing with a winter climate would favor those who have a higher capacity for thought and problem-solving. From the article:

4. Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks.

That difference is astonishing to me, five or six cubic inches is no small difference. I think it is dishonest to ignore differences in genetics when speaking of equality and equal ability. I think the absence of philosophy or profound insightful thought in the African race is due to their reaction to suffering. They do not seek to overcome it, if that means they must sacrifice their emotionalism, their flamboyancy. On average, perhaps they just aren't able to do so. But there's the rub, the average white or asian may or may not equally have the ability to have a mind for wisdom, but their reaction to suffering is still to buy a new car.

All these differences mean nothing if the individual is not willing to move towards wisdom, and to leave their attachments behind. The only relevant question to be asked in light of this data is whether or not the spark of enlightenment can be fanned to flame in the African, given his cranial capacity. When speaking about 'whites' or 'asians' or 'blacks', we need to bear in mind that these terms address nothing short of a herd. They are only useful as categories to breakdown data.