Governments spy on their citizens for control and power

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Tomas

Re: Killing non-Jews vital for Israel's future

Post by Tomas »

-vicdan-
Who has a right to decide on another's behalf that they should turn the other cheek? Tell me, will you?

-tomas-
In my younger days, I had to do some weird stuff to help out others, the cops would've taken a dim view but what the hell, somebody must take a stand. Suffer whatever negative consequences come later, that's what the courts are for.

-Vic-
Gandhi led by persuation and by example, people chose to follow him. Did he have a right to demand that a given specific person practice non-violence?

-tomas-
Aw, he had his dark side like every other human, it just wasn't publicized for all to see.
Don't run to your death
vicdan

Re: GAZA: PRAISE THE DEAD, CURSE THEIR KILLERS

Post by vicdan »

Tomas wrote:Bomb shelters ain't the coolest way to survive - but you did.
So sit there and take the missiles quietly? No thanks. This is easy to say for those who aren't being bombarded; but if the bombardment happens day after day, month after month, year after year... No thanks.
Forethought Venus Wednesday
Tomas

Israel's Chief Rabbinate severs Ties with Vatican

Post by Tomas »

Israel's Chief Rabbinate Severs Ties with Vatican

-snip-

JERUSALEM - Israel's chief rabbinate severed ties with the Vatican on Wednesday to protest a papal decision to reinstate a bishop who publicly denied 6 million Jews were killed during the Holocaust.

The rabbinate and the state of Israel have separate ties with the Vatican, and Wednesday's moves does not affect state relations. (see mugshot of pope)

-Click URL for complete article-

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484406,00.html
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Religious extremists reportedly brainwashing Israeli soldier

Post by Tomas »

Religious extremists reportedly brainwashing Israeli soldiers

The new atmosphere was evident in the "excessive force" used in the recent Gaza expedition, Dr Levy said.

The booklet quotes extensively from Schlomo Aviner, a far-right rabbi who heads a religious seminary in the Muslim quarter of East Jerusalem. He compares the Palestinians to the Philistines, the Biblical enemy of the Jews.

The booklet was approved by the army's chief rabbi, Brig Gen Avichai Ronsky.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php?sid=462185
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The way of the Philistines

The end of Gaza is coming

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=86535

Solidarity Map of Israel's Gaza Massacres

Post by Tomas »

Map Displays the Trail of Death in Gaza

For the larger map in English click here >>

http://mikeely.wordpress.com/2009/02/03 ... th-in-gaza
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Palestinians dumped by road in no man's land

Post by Tomas »

Palestinians dumped by road in no man's land, their plight ignored by all

The al-Tanf camp is the invisible face not only of the Iraqi refugee crisis but also of the miserable history of the perpetual refugeehood that is the Palestinian plight. The Syrian Government has kept it hidden, embarrassed by what it shows, but yesterday The Times one of only two news organisations to see al-Tanf for themselves. (see photo of little girl)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 671797.ece
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Anti-Semitism rises as Chavez criticizes Israel

Post by Tomas »

Chavez has taken care not to criticize Israelis or Jews while accusing Israel's government of genocide against the Palestinians. He denies inciting religious intolerance or violence.

About 15 people overpowered two security guards Jan. 30 at the Tiferet Israel Synagogue, shattering religious objects and spray-painting "Jews, get out" on the walls. Most worrisome, according to Elias Farache, president of Venezuelan-Israelite Association, was the theft of a computer database containing names and addresses of Jews in Venezuela.

http://www.buffalonews.com/nationalworl ... html?imw=Y
Don't run to your death
Tomas

One in three Europeans blame Jews for global meltdown

Post by Tomas »

One in three Europeans blame Jews for global meltdown

-snip-

According to the Jerusalem Post, the poll included interviews with 3,500 people - 500 each in Austria, Britain, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/index.php?sid=465324
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Israeli Spokeswoman Brags About Controlling America

Post by Tomas »

Israeli Spokeswoman Brags About Controlling America

-snips-

Many Rabbis had argued that Palestinians in Gaza are not innocent civilians and that during war time it is not individuals but nations the Israeli's are fighting. (It seems that Hitler had adopted this Telmudic teaching when he persecuted all European Jews)

The right-wing Israeli politician Avigdor Lieberman proposed nuking Gaza following the US example when it dropped the atomic bomb on Japan during WWII.

The Israeli spokesman, Nachman Abramovic demonized Palestinian children stating "They may look young to you, but these people are terrorists at heart. Don't look at their deceptively innocent faces, try to think of the demons inside them...Honest and moral people ought to differentiate between true humans and human animals. We do kill human animals and we do so unapologetically."

Human animal mentioned by Abramovic refers to the Judaic religious belief that Jews are God's chosen people, the elite and pure-blooded, while all others (non-Jews, Goyim, gentiles) are animal souls incarnated into human bodies to serve the Jews. Killing a human animal is just a sport like killing deer or birds.

http://www.rense.com/general84/spokes.htm
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Pro Life? Pro Israel?

Post by Tomas »

Pro Life? Pro Israel?

Help bring Jewish babies to Israel!

http://samsonblinded.org/efrat/index.html
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Light Candles? Bless Wine?

Post by Carl G »

Light Candles? Bless Wine?

How to Conduct a Passover Seder!

http://www.ehow.com/how_12296_conduct-p ... seder.html

Curious Case of Raoul Wallenberg

Post by Tomas »

Curious Case of Raoul Wallenberg

Heroic Swede Who Saved Thousands of Jews

http://www.debbieschlussel.com
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Chavez has taken care not to criticize Israelis or Jews while accusing Israel's government of genocide against the Palestinians. He denies inciting religious intolerance or violence.

About 15 people overpowered two security guards Jan. 30 at the Tiferet Israel Synagogue, shattering religious objects and spray-painting "Jews, get out" on the walls. Most worrisome, according to Elias Farache, president of Venezuelan-Israelite Association, was the theft of a computer database containing names and addresses of Jews in Venezuela.

Post by Alex Jacob »

A side-note: They still sell the Protocols and other outright anti-Semitic literature all over Latin America. Anywhere and everywhere and no one raiszes an eyebrow. In these mostly Catholic countries it is understood that Jews are an evil force in the world. It is part and parcel of the Gospel narrative. In a Colombian daily, just before Christmas, I read an editorial exposing the 'genocide' against Palestinians by a lady journalist. On the same editorial page were direct quotations from the New Testament. It is all part of a view of the world (demonological).

At a local bookshop I recently saw a book containing a collection of Henry Ford's opinions of Jews. With the typical caricatures on the covers (hook-nosed Jews dressed as capitalist fat cats with 10 gallon hats, etc). No one comments, no one protests. When I lived in Venezuela they used to allow small-time selling on the main pedestrian mall in downtown Caracas. Booksellers, jewelry sellers, what have you. I laughed to myself to see swastikas, stars of David and crucifixes layed out next to each other.

Knowing what I know about the Latino mind, and knowing what I know about Chavez' views and rhetoric, there is absolutely no way to separate his anti-Americanism and anti-capitalism from the view that, somehow, mystically, magically, the 'international Jews' are behind it all. It is all part of an existing narrative that is picked up and repeated every so often but that never goes away.

There is quite a population of Venezuelan Jews and I know well the area of Caracas they live in. The ransacking of the synagog is surely a major event with all sorts of dark undercurrents.
Ni ange, ni bête
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-CarlG-

-tomas-
Prime example of intentional broken links.
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Not Guilty. I simply copied your post above from Feb 7 (9 posts above this one on the same page in this same thread).
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Carl G wrote:Not Guilty. I simply copied your post above from Feb 7 (9 posts above this one on the same page in this same thread).
Well then, how about replying to Alex? He is apparently ready to engage you in dialogue..
Last edited by Tomas on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

About what?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Carl G-
Not Guilty. I simply copied your post above from Feb 7 (9 posts above this one on the same page in this same thread).

-tomas-
Well then, how about replying to Alex? He is apparently ready to engage you in dialogue..

If you don't like politics why do you lurk here?
Don't run to your death
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I sense there's more tension than usual between Tomas and Carl. What is this about?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Shahrazad wrote:I sense there's more tension than usual between Tomas and Carl. What is this about?
When the Resurrection will occur.
Don't run to your death
DHodges

Occupied Palestine

Post by DHodges »

American foreign policy seems irrationally tilted in support of Israel. I personally think the US has too much involvement generally in the affairs of other countries. I think even American interests would be better suited by working on maintaining good relations (support and trade) with other countries, instead of trying to force specific policies (or ideologies) on those countries.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, death to Israel.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

I say death to imperialism, and if that includes death to Israel, then so be it.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

I say death to people who wish death upon others! oh wait...
Forethought Venus Wednesday