Governments spy on their citizens for control and power

Discussion of science, technology, politics, and other topics that aren't strictly philosophical.
Tomas

Our Palestinian Future in Israel

Post by Tomas »

Our Palestinian Future in Israel

How Long Can We Be Dehumanised in a Racist State?

http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/10257
Don't run to your death
Dan Rowden

Re: Killing non-Jews vital for Israel's future

Post by Dan Rowden »

"Exterminate all the Brutes": Gaza 2009 Noam Chomsky

"On Saturday December 27, the latest US-Israeli attack on helpless Palestinians was launched. The attack had been meticulously planned, for over 6 months according to the Israeli press. The planning had two components: military and propaganda. It was based on the lessons of Israel's 2006 invasion of Lebanon, which was considered to be poorly planned and badly advertised. We may, therefore, be fairly confident that most of what has been done and said was pre-planned and intended.[...]"
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

My view is that the Isaelites have more propensity to understand truth, so why you give the slightest fuck about the so called Palestinians is beyond me. Economic death to all Muslims, until such time as they become more ameniable to less fundamental views is what I think is better for the human race. The % of Jews open to self-examination is far far greater than any Muslim society.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Why not just kill all people who have an IQ inferior to 110, before they reach reproductive age?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Jamesh wrote:My view is that the Isaelites have more propensity to understand truth, so why you give the slightest fuck about the so called Palestinians is beyond me. Economic death to all Muslims, until such time as they become more ameniable to less fundamental views is what I think is better for the human race. The % of Jews open to self-examination is far far greater than any Muslim society.
Which "Israelites"? The secular ones or the religious ones running the show?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Why not just kill all people who have an IQ inferior to 110, before they reach reproductive age?
Someone has got to provide trade and sex industry services.
I'll think about killing them off when we have truly adaptable robots with human like AI.

Although jesting above - don't ask me about killing off (via not providing free services) severely mentally handicapped people who wish to breed or Imans or Arab "royalty" or evangelical TV preachers.
Which "Israelites"? The secular ones or the religious ones running the show?
On both sides the egotists running the show will eventually be discounted, not gone but discounted somewhat. It is just a matter of how long. Even the religious Jew leaders nowadays are less controlling of the general population than the Palestinian equivalent, though both certainly use plenty of propaganda on their populations.

I don't find the Israeli reaction any different in principle than say recent OZ pollies on tackling the aboriginal problems, or the US seeking to fix Afganistan/Iraq due to 911 type terrorism. I can just imagine what Australians would do if we were faced with a similar problem to Israel. I'm sure we would not be so tolerant, and quite frankly I feel the Israeli's have been tolerant, too much so, beleive it or not.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Frankly, Jimbo, if you can't see the difference between those things you need an education, badly. If you have any semblance of knowledge of the history of the last 42 years of the occupied territories, and still maintain that view, then you are not a person whose ethics I can tolerate nor respect.

Australia would not be in the Israeli position to begin with.
Tomas

The way of the Philistines

Post by Tomas »

The end of Gaza is coming

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=86535
Don't run to your death
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

mansman wrote:(as an aside Fox is now suggesting perhaps Obama is not yet the actual president due to the blundered oath and may require court intervention!
Such are the enemies of the state, the extreme right, religionists, even willing to damage and weaken their own nation (further) if need be to maintain control- I kid you not, believe it!)
Obama retook the oath that same day after 7pm, and it went smoothly that time, so wingnuts are left holding their dicks again.
Forethought Venus Wednesday
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Shahrazad wrote:Why not just kill all people who have an IQ inferior to 110, before they reach reproductive age?
I suggest 130. That will leave my entire family in the clear, so we will have a much better shot as being the ultimate overlords; though a tighter competition too.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

vicdan said,
I suggest 130.
Then people with a 130 IQ would be working in jobs as janitors and waiters. Others would opt for sitting at home doing nothing, living of charity.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The end of Gaza is coming

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=86535

Post by Jamesh »

Frankly, Jimbo, if you can't see the difference between those things you need an education, badly. If you have any semblance of knowledge of the history of the last 42 years of the occupied territories, and still maintain that view, then you are not a person whose ethics I can tolerate nor respect.

Frankly Dear, I don't give a damn. I judge things by their relative value, and I judge the value of Israel, to humanity, to be higher than that of the combination of the surrrounding Muslim countries.

Part of that is the possible impact Israel will have on forcing a sustainable evolution of the backward focusing muslim culture. The utter mindlessness of the palestinian fightback over the last couple of decdes, shows that they are still incapable of progressing to a more rational approach to reality. A long as they are muslims then they can never win. The muslim religion does not allow the expression of imagination, thus inventiveness (just compare post to pre-muslim times).

Paying attention to the detail of history (and pyschology) provides opportunity for understanding the best path forward. The past does not exist* here in the present, so a non-attached person would pay it little heed, where placing such high value on it is likely to lead to a lengthier social adjustment process.

The Palestinians would have "won" their ego fight over territory by now, they had only have been more cooperative - but their religion demands no compromise (as did the Christian religion, until ordinary people used to personal freedoms caused them to lose influence).
Australia would not be in the Israeli position to begin with.
Yes, thats the trouble with hypotheticals - they are meaningless. Still I know Australians. We are sort of like Texan Britons. Often smart but generally dumb wantabes, spoilt by the luck of the country of birth. I truly suspect that subject to a barrage of abuse, that we'd turn rather nasty.

* This comment is actually completely false. The past, as fundamental time, is the content of everything, while the present is the action of everything. The past is always there - what is not there is the same "pattern of causes", the same configuration of the universe at that time. Probability howewer is that much of it will be the same, though dimmed and shadowed by all the new time overlaid between the past and the present.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Nevermind, Jimbo, your ignorance of history is worse than I thought.
Tomas

GAZA: PRAISE THE DEAD, CURSE THEIR KILLERS

Post by Tomas »

GAZA: PRAISE THE DEAD, CURSE THEIR KILLERS

by Richard Silverstein

I propose that we from now on refer to Ehud Barak as Barak the Butcher. Let this stain whatever legacy he hopes to have for himself. Keep in mind this is a man who donned a woman's dress in order to assassinate his first terrorist in Lebanon. Mazel tov Ehud, you no longer wear a dress when you kill. Now it's a business suit. But it's still the same grisly murder. Barak to the Hague.

At any rate, let the pro-Israel apologists view this image and come up with some foolhardy defense of this crime.

PHOTO - Father mourns his children killed at UNWRA school.

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/tikun ... ir-killers
Don't run to your death
Tomas

GAZA CITY PHOTO

Post by Tomas »

Children of a Palestinian family play atop the rubble of their house, destroyed during the Israeli army operations in Gaza City

Note buildings in distance

http://news.aol.com/article/israeli-gro ... aza/232890
Don't run to your death
Tomas

Jewish coalition want abuse victims to speak out

Post by Tomas »

Jewish coalition want abuse victims to speak out

A Baltimore survivors coalition is starting a public awareness campaign this week to break the silence about the sexual abuse of children within Jewish communities.

http://www.baltimoreexaminer.com/local/ ... RABBI.html
Don't run to your death
vicdan

Re: GAZA: PRAISE THE DEAD, CURSE THEIR KILLERS

Post by vicdan »

Tomas wrote:I propose that we from now on refer to Ehud Barak as Barak the Butcher. Let this stain whatever legacy he hopes to have for himself. Keep in mind this is a man who donned a woman's dress in order to assassinate his first terrorist in Lebanon. Mazel tov Ehud, you no longer wear a dress when you kill. Now it's a business suit. But it's still the same grisly murder. Barak to the Hague.
Same gisly murder? well, if Mr. Silverstein considers killing terrorists to be grisly murder, he is within his rights -- but by the same token someone who fends off and kills an attacker is guilty of grisly murder, someone who defends his home from an foreign soldiers, killing them in the process, is guilty of a grisly murder...

This is a position of a moral retard, frankly. It's very easy to denounce killing when you and yours aren't on the line. However, what would he do if, say, his family were under attack, and he were able to defend them? Would he try to fend off the attackers, even if killing them in the process? or cower in the corner?
At any rate, let the pro-Israel apologists view this image and come up with some foolhardy defense of this crime.
Deaths of innocents suck. Each innocent death is a tragedy. Each time an innocent dies, a whole universe of possibilities dies. There is no defense of that. There is, however, a reason for actions which brought this about -- and when people refuse to recognize that sometimes innocent deaths happen when good reasons are pursued, are indeed moral retards.

It's very easy to proclaim your absolute commitment to non-violence. Turn the other cheek, do no harm, etc. Out here in the real world, people who do that are called marks -- or worse, victims; as often are those around them.

Striking an absolutist pose is much easier than navigating the fjords of life. The people who strike such poses rarely offer plausible less-violent alternatives however.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Victor said,
It's very easy to proclaim your absolute commitment to non-violence. Turn the other cheek, do no harm, etc. Out here in the real world, people who do that are called marks -- or worse, victims; as often are those around them.
While it is true that Gandhi was murdered, it is also true that he accomplished quite a bit.
vicdan

Post by vicdan »

Shahrazad wrote:While it is true that Gandhi was murdered, it is also true that he accomplished quite a bit.
Indeed. However, there are extremely few Gandhis, men and women who are willing to lay their life on the line for their pacifist convictions, rather than merely claim those convictions.

On the other hand, people of 'summer pacifism' are quite abundant. They proffer their supposed convictions when the sun shines and the circumstances are convenient, and especially when this pacifism must be applied to, and upheld by, someone else.

Did mr. Silverstein sit in bomb shelters under rocket bombardment? I did, during Gulf War I.

Who has a right to decide on another's behalf that they should turn the other cheek? Tell me, will you?

Gandhi led by persuation and by example, people chose to follow him. Did he have a right to demand that a given specific person practice non-violence?
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Victor,
Gandhi led by persuation and by example, people chose to follow him. Did he have a right to demand that a given specific person practice non-violence?
Not really.
Tomas

Hamas rockets missed US anti-Iranian missile radar

Post by Tomas »

Debka.com

Hamas wartime rockets missed US anti-Iranian missile base near Beersheba

It also tracked the rockets fired at Nahatiya and Kiryat Shemona from Lebanon and kept watch for possible missile action from Syria and Lebanon.

But the American radar facility at Nevatim also kept Washington abreast of Israel's aerial, naval and missile activity in the course of the conflict. It was the first time the US knew what was going on in an Israel-Arab battle arena without recourse to outside electronic tracking devices.

http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5875
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Israel Recruits 'Army of Bloggers' to Combat Anti-Zionist Web Sites

The shill-o-matic is going into afterburner mode

Via: Haaretz:

http://cryptogon.com/?p=6312

Re: GAZA: PRAISE THE DEAD, CURSE THEIR KILLERS

Post by Tomas »

-vicdan-
Deaths of innocents suck. Each innocent death is a tragedy. Each time an innocent dies, a whole universe of possibilities dies. There is no defense of that. There is, however, a reason for actions which brought this about -- and when people refuse to recognize that sometimes innocent deaths happen when good reasons are pursued, are indeed moral retards.

-tomas-
I've been to Israel and a few of the surrounding territories and wearing hardhats just isn't feasible in the long haul. What adults do is to fend for themselves. It's the kids who are ALWAYS caught in the crosshairs.

Bomb shelters ain't the coolest way to survive - but you did.
Don't run to your death
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Mexico denounces violence in Gaza

-snip-

Israel's carnage in the Gaza Strip prompted demonstrations in front of the Israeli embassy in mexico City. (see photo)

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=80 ... =351021701